Trump remembers Colin Powell with “malevolent, spiteful, narcissistic statement”.

Amazing how when you are corrected you revert to stupid.

Every elected official swears an oath to defend the Constitution.

That is to remind them that their loyalty is to We the People NOT a political party

Their primary overall loyalty yes. I did not claim he violated THAT.

But, the posts he accepted where POLITICAL APPOINTMENTS, and he also had a level of loyalty, a LESSER loyalty towards the person who appointed him.

He betrayed his supposedly fellow Republicans, not his Fellow Americans.

I wanted him shunned and shamed, not shot.

It is really hard for me to credit that you missed that. You really don't come across as stupid.

Powell never was a "Republican." It was convenient at one time for him to associate himself with the Republican Party, but he never supported much that the Republican Party stood for.
Haha, and here we go... I would ask you to support this in detail, but we both know you cannot.

Haha, and here we go... I would ask you to support this in detail, but we both know you cannot.
The fact is we have a two party dominant system. And one party is dominant over the other. And it is not the Repubs who are the dominant party. Perhaps having several parties would suffice in a nation divided.

The fact is we have a two party dominant system. And one party is dominant over the other. And it is not the Repubs who are the dominant party. Perhaps having several parties would suffice in a nation divided.
Maybe so. A fine reason to implement public funding of elections.

My poor avatar doesn't wanna over-drive the nail, but, it does bear repeating:

• Is the Republicanism of Colin Powell the same Republicanism of Marjorie Taylor Greene? of Matt Goetz? of Rudy Giuliani?
  • Are those folks cut out of the same cloth as General Colin Powell?
  • Would he identify himself as kindred spirits with folks of that caliber?
  • Colin Powell didn't leave the GOP. The GOP left him.

I was pretty specific about which part of the GOP I was referring to.

The betrayal came, when he endorsed OBAMA over John McCain.

John McCain is a moderate. Very moderate.

Your obsession with Trump, is making you, not make sense.

Powell betrayed his friends and supporters in the GOP, and we were and still are pissed at him.

That you libs need to pretend that is weird or wrong of us, is just you people gaslighting.

My poor avatar doesn't wanna over-drive the nail, but, it does bear repeating:

• Is the Republicanism of Colin Powell the same Republicanism of Marjorie Taylor Greene? of Matt Goetz? of Rudy Giuliani?
  • Are those folks cut out of the same cloth as General Colin Powell?
  • Would he identify himself as kindred spirits with folks of that caliber?
  • Colin Powell didn't leave the GOP. The GOP left him.
Yeah, they are cut from the same cloth, blatant liars in pursuit of their careers.

Ummm, nope, poster Correll.
It is weird.
The guy is dead.
Move on. Life is short.

I'm not the one that started this thread. I'm not the one coming into this thread to take shit about other people. I'm only here because assholes are talking shit me and mine, and I want to call them on it.

"....they are cut from the same cloth, blatant liars in pursuit of their careers."

I'm sure the hand inside the 'cnm' avatar is a smart guy? or gal?
However, the avatar he/she has hired to front for their thinking, well, that avatar comes across as rather unread. Somewhat uninformed.
Hey, it happens. A bad hire.

So do this, good poster 'cnm'.......get this book:

It's Powell's autobiography.

I'm not totally sure there has been a biography published but I did find this next reference on Amazon. Though I have not read it.
Amazon product
Amazon product

I offer you these reading assignments, poster 'cnm' with the hope that you will learn a bit more about the character, qualities, and accomplishments of Colin Powell vis-a-vis those of Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Goetz.

I don't know for sure, but........but I suspect you'll note there are some differences that accrued to America's benefit.

Good luck. And good reading.

Last edited:
I'm sure the hand inside the 'cnm' avatar is a smart guy? or gal?
However, the avatar he/she has hired to front for their thinking, well, that avatar comes across as rather unread. Somewhat uninformed.
Hey, it happens. A bad hire.

So do this, good poster 'cnm'.......get this book:

It's Powell's autobiography.

I'm not totally sure there has been a biography published but I did find this next reference on Amazon. Though I have not read it.
Amazon product

I offer you these reading assignments, poster 'cnm' with the hope that you will learn a bit more about the character, qualities, and accomplishments of Colin Powell vis-a-vis those of Marjorie Taylor Greene and Matt Goetz.

I don't know for sure, but........but I suspect you'll note there are some differences that accrued to America's benefit.

Good luck. And good reading.

Why did he endorse the dem Obama, over his fellow Republican John McCain?

"Why did he endorse the dem Obama, over his fellow Republican John McCain?"
I personally do not know.
Never bothered to care enough to find out.

But, I would speculate that if you are truly interested you could do a bit of googling and find contemporary interviews of Powell where he articulated his reasoning.

I would be interesting in seeing what you find and share. From Powell's actual words.

I personally do not know.
Never bothered to care enough to find out.

But, I would speculate that if you are truly interested you could do a bit of googling and find contemporary interviews of Powell where he articulated his reasoning.

I would be interesting in seeing what you find and share. From Powell's actual words.

Up to that point, Powell was a much respected and supported political figure among hte republican party.

His military and political career had impressed large percentages of hte party.

Citing his autobiography is oddly not relevant. WE knew all that and that is why we liked and supported him.

Then he betrayed us. HIs reasons, would be of some interest, but really, the point is, he betrayed us.

That you libs find that hard to understand, is just you people gaslighting us.

Forum List

Back