Trump remembers Colin Powell with “malevolent, spiteful, narcissistic statement”.

"...he betrayed us. HIs reasons, would be of some interest, but really, the point is, he betrayed us."

Alternatively, there is a cogent argument that the GOP of that time betrayed the principles and ideals that Colin Powell had so competently adhered to.
Colin Powell didn't leave the GOP. The GOP left him.

And then as time moved on, the GOP got worse. It left people of the character of Colin Powell farther and farther behind.
Colin Powell would not fit in the party that favors the level of competency, prudence, and character we see in a Marjorie Taylor Greene or a Matt Goetz.

So there is that.

Why did he endorse the dem Obama, over his fellow Republican John McCain?

I personally do not know.
He explained in 2008.

"Powell said it wasn't easy to disappoint John McCain, whom he's known for more than 25 years. But Powell pointed to the choice of running mate Sarah Palin and said it raised questions about McCain's judgment."

"He also expressed concern about the direction of his party, and he passionately criticized his fellow Republicans for what they've been saying about Obama — for example, that he's a Muslim.

"Well, the correct answer is, 'He's not a Muslim, he's a Christian — he's always been a Christian.' But the really right answer is, 'What if he is? Is there something wrong with being a Muslim in this country?'

"The answer's no, that's not America. ... Yet I have heard senior members of my own party drop the suggestion he's a Muslim and he might be associated with terrorists. This is not the way we should be doing it in America," Powell said."

Alternatively, there is a cogent argument that the GOP of that time betrayed the principles and ideals that Colin Powell had so competently adhered to.
Colin Powell didn't leave the GOP. The GOP left him.

And then as time moved on, the GOP got worse. It left people of the character of Colin Powell farther and farther behind.
Colin Powell would not fit in the party that favors the level of competency, prudence, and character we see in a Marjorie Taylor Greene or a Matt Goetz.

So there is that.

He refused to support John McCain, the brave, moderate maverick that you libs loved sooo much..

If Powell was comfortable working for the Bushes, he should have been fine with McCain.

No, a changing gop is not what Powell betrayed us.

And regardless, whether you support the reason he betrayed or, or not, the point is, he betrayed us.

That we hold that against him, is completely normal and only a gaslighting troll would pretend it is not.

He explained in 2008.

"Powell said it wasn't easy to disappoint John McCain, whom he's known for more than 25 years. But Powell pointed to the choice of running mate Sarah Palin and said it raised questions about McCain's judgment."

"He also expressed concern about the direction of his party, and he passionately criticized his fellow Republicans for what they've been saying about Obama — for example, that he's a Muslim.

"Well, the correct answer is, 'He's not a Muslim, he's a Christian — he's always been a Christian.' But the really right answer is, 'What if he is? Is there something wrong with being a Muslim in this country?'

"The answer's no, that's not America. ... Yet I have heard senior members of my own party drop the suggestion he's a Muslim and he might be associated with terrorists. This is not the way we should be doing it in America," Powell said."

SOunds like weak assed bullshit.

REgardless, the point is, he betrayed us, and we hold it against him.

What part of that, is confusing to you?

Thank you, BB.
You have put a much needed period to the end of a half-baked thought by others.

His explanation was weak assed bullshit.

AND, it doesn't really matter.

The point is, that he betrayed us, and we hold it against him.

"....the point is, he betrayed us."

Nope, he did not.
But we can agree to disagree agreeably.
The GOP of that era betrayed Powell's character, principles, and prudence.
He had little choice to let them continue on their wayward path, while he....
....while he remained where he had always been.
They left him, they betrayed him.

The GOP had begun it's long metamorphosis into the neo-GOP of Marjorie Taylor Greene, Matt Goetz, Louie Gohmert, Paul Gosar, Rudy Giuliani, and Don Trump.

Nope, he did not.
But we can agree to disagree agreeably.
The GOP of that era betrayed Powell's character, principles, and prudence.
He had little choice to let them continue on their wayward path, while he....
....while he remained where he had always been.
They left him, they betrayed him.

The GOP had begun it's long metamorphosis into the neo-GOP of Marjorie Taylor Greene, Matt Goetz, Louie Gohmert, Paul Gosar, Rudy Giuliani, and Don Trump.

What a load of semantic bullshit.

He betrayed us, and we hold it against him.

That you leftards try to pretend that that, means anything more than that, is just you being gaslighting trolls.

SOunds like weak assed bullshit.

REgardless, the point is, he betrayed us, and we hold it against him.

Yes I agree, again, he betrayed the separatist and budding fascist of the old Republican Party. Not surprising that a party of radicals would hold it against everyone who doesn't agree with their fascist vision, especially for one who was such a well thought of old school Republican, and one who so publicly distanced himself from their particular political view. They have to treat him as a outcast even in death.

Yes I agree, again, he betrayed the separatist and budding fascist of the old Republican Party. Not surprising that a party of radicals would hold it against everyone who doesn't agree with their fascist vision, especially for one who was such a well thought of old school Republican, and one who so publicly distanced himself from their particular political view. They have to treat him as a outcast even in death.

Wow. Finally an admission of an obvious truth. Buried in partisan shit. Thanks for nothing, old man.

You mean finally it sunk in through that soft spot in yer skull, youngin?

Dude. You are being absurd.

Powell betrayed us. Yes, I get it, you think betraying us is fine because, you believe that we are PURE EVUL.

The point relevant to the thread, is that he betrayed us, and we hold it against him.

THe rest is just you libtards trying to gin up...something, out of nothing, and being assholes about it.

you believe that we are PURE EVUL.
LOL Nah. just assholes.....

I get it. The dude stiffed your aberration of his party. I hope his kind of Republican make a comeback, cause the Neo-Bunch are assholes.

"He betrayed us, and we hold it against him."
Well, as I read earlier in this thread, it appears the paleo-GOP discarded the ideals and accomplishments of a man like Colin Powell. They no longer represented the quality of his character.
He remained true to who he had always been. The Paleo GOP went another direction.
Pity. A man of Powell's abilities would have been a welcome upgrade.

But, as any poster here who has paid half attention would promptly recognize.....General Colin Powell was not cut from the same cloth as people such as Marjorie Taylor Greene, Matt Goetz, Don Trump, Rudy Giuliani, Roger Stone, Paul Gosar, et al.

And that is straight out of Quality of Character for Dummies, First Edition.

LOL Nah. just assholes.....

I get it. The dude stiffed your aberration of his party. I hope his kind of Republican make a comeback, cause the Neo-Bunch are assholes.

Nope. Powell was the asshole. And you. Talking shit for no reason.

Well, as I read earlier in this thread, it appears the paleo-GOP discarded the ideals and accomplishments of a man like Colin Powell. They no longer represented the quality of his character.
He remained true to who he had always been. The Paleo GOP went another direction.
Pity. A man of Powell's abilities would have been a welcome upgrade.

But, as any poster here who has paid half attention would promptly recognize.....General Colin Powell was not cut from the same cloth as people such as Marjorie Taylor Greene, Matt Goetz, Don Trump, Rudy Giuliani, Roger Stone, Paul Gosar, et al.

And that is straight out of Quality of Character for Dummies, First Edition.

Powell betrayed us and we treat him accordingly.

Everything else is just you assholes being trolling assholes.

Trump remembers Colin Powell with “malevolent, spiteful, narcissistic statement”.​

There goes Donald telling people the truth again!

OH NO! :omg:

But since Tommy has once again chosen an article you can't read with a Paywall, I'll just have to trust Tammy on his good word Trump ever said it at all.

Whatever it was. 🤷‍♂️

He explained in 2008.

Because he is too polite just to say that people like Palin, and Bachmann, and Greene are batshit crazy.

Forum List

Back