Trump releases seven-point health care reform plan

Romney is a profound RINO. It's always surprising what Gingrinch supports, but it's often not what the rank and file supports.

You still haven't proved my point wrong. One guy in the Heritage think tank proposed healthcare mandates.

Hey, as I've often stated on here, no one can fix right wingers' utter and abject STUPIDITY on these forums....So, think what you want, remain the idiot that you are and I simply don't give a flying fuck.......
You still haven't proved my point wrong, dumbass..

Yep, I always wondered why the Founders didn't include some provision about the Federal Aviation Administration...LOL

Thomas Jefferson, who last time I checked, was a founder...said it best

I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors."

Jefferson would have laughed at our current buffoon govt. You should be ashamed of throwing out a quote attributed to jefferson.
Jefferson understood the nature of government
That the needs of a society evolve over time. He helped create a government that was flexible enough to provide for those needs

A wise man

Yeah, he understood its nature alright. That's why he insisted that it be kept as small and weak as possible.

"In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution." --Thomas Jefferson: Draft, Kentucky Res., 1798.
The purpose of government is to protect our equal rights, and Jefferson reiterated this on many occasions.

"It is to secure our rights that we resort to government at all." --Thomas Jefferson to M. D'Ivernois, 1795.
Moreover, everyone in a free society is limited by the respect for the equal rights of everyone else, and it is government's obligation to protect the equal rights of us all.

"The equal rights of man and the happiness of every individual are now acknowledged to be the only legitimate objects of government." --Thomas Jefferson to M. Coray, 1823.
Where does the FAA fit into that understanding of government?
No seriously...you are fucking nuts

Jefferson opposed the FAA?

Nat4900 is the one who claims he would support it if he were alive today. You can't even follow the posts in this thread.

Romney is a profound RINO. It's always surprising what Gingrinch supports, but it's often not what the rank and file supports.

You still haven't proved my point wrong. One guy in the Heritage think tank proposed healthcare mandates.

Hey, as I've often stated on here, no one can fix right wingers' utter and abject STUPIDITY on these forums....So, think what you want, remain the idiot that you are and I simply don't give a flying fuck.......

I certainly wouldn't believe anything you posted in this forum. That would be true abject stupidity.

Yeah, and we can't shop for car repairs for the same reasons . . . . . . er, no, that's not right.
The cost of repairing a car can be determining accurately enough that the shop can give you a fixed price before the work starts which makes cost comparison relatively easy. Unfortunately, that's not possible with most serious diseases. In fact, the healthcare provider often can't even guarantee a fix at any price.

Car repairs can be determined accurately because there is competition in the car repair industry. Costs can't be determined accurately in the healthcare industry because there is no competition. There's no motive for a provider to determine it's costs accurately. It simply bills the insurance company after the fact.
Cost of treating a disease can't be determined in advance because humans do not all react the same to a given treatment. If you blow a car engine, the mechanic can give you an exact price of replacing the engine and can guarantee it. There is no way of determine what the total cost of replacing a heart will be and there can be no guarantee of success. Comparing healthcare to auto repair is an apples and oranges comparison.

They can't guarantee success, but they can determine the cost of each procedure. Furthermore, some price competition would bring the price down.
Yes, they can determine the cost of procedures but only procedures that they know will be require. Furthermore, once you are committed to the surgery and a hospital, you have practically no control what procedure will be used. For really expensive and complex medical treatments such as a heart transplant, you may have a half dozen doctors all proscribing different procedures and medications within their specialty.

My son in law died last year after three operations and two weeks in intensive care. He had at least 200 billable procedures and the total cost was about $370,000. You may be able to cost shop a yearly physical or the kids vaccinations but for really big healthcare cost, it's not possible because it's too complex and there are too many unknowns.

If the cost of every medical procedure code for ever medical provider were published, it would make little difference. Most people would still simply follow their doctors advice.

Heart attacks are a special case. They are emergencies. However, many procedures are known about well in advance of being performed. My brother just had a knee replacement operation. He had years to shop around for that. The same goes for cancer treatment, and that is really expensive. In fact there is plenty of time to shop around in the case of most procedures and treatments.

Heart attacks are a special case. They are emergencies. However, many procedures are known about well in advance of being performed. My brother just had a knee replacement operation. He had years to shop around for that. The same goes for cancer treatment, and that is really expensive. In fact there is plenty of time to shop around in the case of most procedures and treatments.

Show me a case of a cancer person who wants to wait months for a treatment that can save their life before it spreads.. unless if it is a very slow moving cancer you do not want to wait.

Even if you do try to shop around it is basically the same across the US..

A personal yet factual story....I pay a lot for personal insurance with a $5,000 deductible with my own business.

Cancer surgery alone was over $80,000 plus ...Doctors, surgeons, oncologists, hospital, drugs

Diagnostic tests are pretty much the same costs unless of coarse if your seeing Daffy Duck for the scans and biopsy's that you have to have.

These tests along with blood, tissue, and CT. PET scans can run over $70,000.

1 bag of chemo is $10,000 to $20,000 and most of the time you need 6 treatments
Along with a shot the next day to build your immunity which is $20,000 , you need 6 of those.

So basically your looking at $700.000 easy ..5 xs that if you don't have insurance.

My cancer came back, so double the above plus add radiation everyday for 6 weeks.. another $70,000 easy.

Knee surgery is a common surgery, ask your brother how expensive something so common is.

Not too many things except for outpatient procedures give you the time to shop around .

Please don't minimize the dysfunction in our medical care costs across the country. Something needed/ needs to be done and Obama stepped up .. Yes, it needs some things changed, but don't trust your congress to give you the kind of premium health care that we are paying for them for the rest of their life's.

I understand your not getting what is really going on, I was in shock when I first went into the cancer rooms..People jammed in to get the chemo.

BTW: 1 in 8 women will get breast cancer , you may be young enough to not have seen it yet, but not too many people die old peacefully in their sleep. Cozy on their fluffy pillow.

Last edited:

I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors."

Jefferson would have laughed at our current buffoon govt. You should be ashamed of throwing out a quote attributed to jefferson.
That the needs of a society evolve over time. He helped create a government that was flexible enough to provide for those needs

A wise man

Yeah, he understood its nature alright. That's why he insisted that it be kept as small and weak as possible.

"In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution." --Thomas Jefferson: Draft, Kentucky Res., 1798.
The purpose of government is to protect our equal rights, and Jefferson reiterated this on many occasions.

"It is to secure our rights that we resort to government at all." --Thomas Jefferson to M. D'Ivernois, 1795.
Moreover, everyone in a free society is limited by the respect for the equal rights of everyone else, and it is government's obligation to protect the equal rights of us all.

"The equal rights of man and the happiness of every individual are now acknowledged to be the only legitimate objects of government." --Thomas Jefferson to M. Coray, 1823.
Where does the FAA fit into that understanding of government?
No seriously...you are fucking nuts

Jefferson opposed the FAA?

Nat4900 is the one who claims he would support it if he were alive today. You can't even follow the posts in this thread.

Why the hell wouldn't he? Who else should regulate the airspace?

Its not governments job to provide anything but the safety and security of its citizens.

It is if we the people tell them to do it

Wrong. It's still not the government's job to provide anything but the safety and security of its citizens.

If We the People say it is their job.....it is their job

That type of thinking can be the undoing of the constitution.
God forbid We the People decide what we want from our government

We have a constitution, and it is there to prevent people like you from doing exactly that. I suggest reading the Federalist Papers to increase your understanding of the concepts behind our constitution.

What I really like is the emphasis on expanded Health Savings Accounts, and the shift in tax deductibility to individuals. Another excellent proposal is price transparency.

Congress must act. Our elected representatives in the House and Senate must:

1. Completely repeal Obamacare. Our elected representatives must eliminate the individual mandate. No person should be required to buy insurance unless he or she wants to.

2. Modify existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines. As long as the plan purchased complies with state requirements, any vendor ought to be able to offer insurance in any state. By allowing full competition in this market, insurance costs will go down and consumer satisfaction will go up.

3. Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system. Businesses are allowed to take these deductions so why wouldn’t Congress allow individuals the same exemptions? As we allow the free market to provide insurance coverage opportunities to companies and individuals, we must also make sure that no one slips through the cracks simply because they cannot afford insurance. We must review basic options for Medicaid and work with states to ensure that those who want healthcare coverage can have it.

4. Allow individuals to use Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). Contributions into HSAs should be tax-free and should be allowed to accumulate. These accounts would become part of the estate of the individual and could be passed on to heirs without fear of any death penalty. These plans should be particularly attractive to young people who are healthy and can afford high-deductible insurance plans. These funds can be used by any member of a family without penalty. The flexibility and security provided by HSAs will be of great benefit to all who participate.

5. Require price transparency from all healthcare providers, especially doctors and healthcare organizations like clinics and hospitals. Individuals should be able to shop to find the best prices for procedures, exams or any other medical-related procedure.

6. Block-grant Medicaid to the states. Nearly every state already offers benefits beyond what is required in the current Medicaid structure. The state governments know their people best and can manage the administration of Medicaid far better without federal overhead. States will have the incentives to seek out and eliminate fraud, waste and abuse to preserve our precious resources.

7. Remove barriers to entry into free markets for drug providers that offer safe, reliable and cheaper products. Congress will need the courage to step away from the special interests and do what is right for America. Though the pharmaceutical industry is in the private sector, drug companies provide a public service. Allowing consumers access to imported, safe and dependable drugs from overseas will bring more options to consumers.

Full Health Care reform plan can be read here >>> Healthcare Reform

None of those except repealing the individual mandate require the repeal of Obamacare

Why don't Republicans work to get those ideas included in obamacare?

I can think of one really good reason- the regulations for Obamacare is over 33,000 pages, virtually no person can possibly understand the entire document. I find it doubtful that you can say with any degree of certainty that the list of changes don't conflict with the regulations, since I doubt you have read or understand the regulations. It's too long, and too cumbersome, and you suggest adding more to it. That makes no sense to me.
What is the proper length for a national healthcare system? A postcard?

Republicans went through those 33,000 pages and found a single sentence that they found ambiguous. They took it all the way to the Supreme Court.......lost of course

I don't believe there is any length that is proper for a national healthcare bill. It should be left to the States to deal with things like healthcare and education. Why not let each state develop their own system. Some will be good, some probably not so good, but with 50 states working on a system, we essentially will have 50 different examples to see what works and doesn't work. And you won't have Washington bureaucracy as an overhead tax.

I realize that won't happen, so I would prefer as small of a bill as possible.
You don't understand Obamacare then

It was left to the states to implement. Some did a good job, red states, as usual did a shitty job

First of all, no single person has a full understanding of Obamacare. The regulations are over 33,000 pages.

Secondly, it is a single system mandated by the Feds to the states, it is not individual systems like I would prefer.

Just curious, how old are you, what level of education do you have?

What I really like is the emphasis on expanded Health Savings Accounts, and the shift in tax deductibility to individuals. Another excellent proposal is price transparency.

1. Completely repeal Obamacare. Our elected representatives must eliminate the individual mandate. No person should be required to buy insurance unless he or she wants to.

2. Modify existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines. As long as the plan purchased complies with state requirements, any vendor ought to be able to offer insurance in any state. By allowing full competition in this market, insurance costs will go down and consumer satisfaction will go up.

3. Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system. Businesses are allowed to take these deductions so why wouldn’t Congress allow individuals the same exemptions? As we allow the free market to provide insurance coverage opportunities to companies and individuals, we must also make sure that no one slips through the cracks simply because they cannot afford insurance. We must review basic options for Medicaid and work with states to ensure that those who want healthcare coverage can have it.

4. Allow individuals to use Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). Contributions into HSAs should be tax-free and should be allowed to accumulate. These accounts would become part of the estate of the individual and could be passed on to heirs without fear of any death penalty. These plans should be particularly attractive to young people who are healthy and can afford high-deductible insurance plans. These funds can be used by any member of a family without penalty. The flexibility and security provided by HSAs will be of great benefit to all who participate.

5. Require price transparency from all healthcare providers, especially doctors and healthcare organizations like clinics and hospitals. Individuals should be able to shop to find the best prices for procedures, exams or any other medical-related procedure.

6. Block-grant Medicaid to the states. Nearly every state already offers benefits beyond what is required in the current Medicaid structure. The state governments know their people best and can manage the administration of Medicaid far better without federal overhead. States will have the incentives to seek out and eliminate fraud, waste and abuse to preserve our precious resources.

7. Remove barriers to entry into free markets for drug providers that offer safe, reliable and cheaper products. Congress will need the courage to step away from the special interests and do what is right for America. Though the pharmaceutical industry is in the private sector, drug companies provide a public service. Allowing consumers access to imported, safe and dependable drugs from overseas will bring more options to consumers.

None of those except repealing the individual mandate require the repeal of Obamacare

Maybe you don't remember the original healthcare debate.....:(

I like the idea of Mr. and Ms. Jones walking into Humana....

There is a counter there with a cash register and a uniformed assistant behind the desk.

"Welcome to Humana....what is your order?"

They look up at the board behind her and sees the triple bypass is $48,000 but a quadruple bypass is $58,000.
Seems high.

Then they look over to the angioplasty menu and there is a special!!! If you balloon 3 coronary arteries, the 4th one is free!. A triple AP is $16,000. Thelma looks at Paul and the $16 grand was meant for their daughter to go to school but in the bare knuckles world of GOP healthcare...its pay up or be buried.

"Cash or charge?" the attendant behind the counter asks as she manipulates her touch screen.

Sounds cool.

The GOP had ideas?

What were they?

I like the idea of Mr. and Ms. Jones walking into Humana....

There is a counter there with a cash register and a uniformed assistant behind the desk.

"Welcome to Humana....what is your order?"

They look up at the board behind her and sees the triple bypass is $48,000 but a quadruple bypass is $58,000.
Seems high.

Then they look over to the angioplasty menu and there is a special!!! If you balloon 3 coronary arteries, the 4th one is free!. A triple AP is $16,000. Thelma looks at Paul and the $16 grand was meant for their daughter to go to school but in the bare knuckles world of GOP healthcare...its pay up or be buried.

"Cash or charge?" the attendant behind the counter asks as she manipulates her touch screen.

Sounds cool.

Agreed. Why introduce competition into healthcare.....and for Christssakes do not inform the public of costs and options! :D

The GOP had ideas?

What were they?

Tort reform (saves $250 billion a year) Dems shot it down.

Sell health insurance across State Lines (saves consumers $100 billion a year (Dems shot it down)

Tax free health savings accounts (Dems shot it down).

You actually get to keep your health plan and doctor (Obama and Dems lied....killed it).

Last edited:
Founders knew that future generations would have needs they couldn't dare anticipate

Yep, I always wondered why the Founders didn't include some provision about the Federal Aviation Administration...LOL

A wise man

He had no idea that a future society would be so dependent on an entity that he and other founders would find appalling.

Founders knew that future generations would have needs they couldn't dare anticipate

A wise man

He had no idea that a future society would be so dependent on an entity that he and other founders would find appalling.
Healthcare is appalling?

I challenge anyone to say they have read all 2700 pages of Obamacare. Some claim, that with the regulations put in since passage it has ballooned up to 20,000 pages. I think it is somewhere in between but clearly way above the original 2700 pages.

I like all 7 proposals and I hope they remove the mandate from the prescription drug plan while they are at it.

What I don't see is where any of the 7 are real cost savings. Much like I don't see where Obamacare saved ME personally money. Now there maybe a whole lot of folks who were able to get healthcare but I know folks who had to pay the Obamacare tax by not being poor enough to get it for free but not making enough to afford the payments. That somehow doesn't seem right.

What irks me is that I am forced to buy Obamacare or waste paying 325 dollars in Obamacare tax. Yet I am not able to deduct the premium that the government FORCES me to pay.

As with everything there are some good things in Obamacare. Hell they had to put some good things in or no one would have supported the bill. But that is a very small amount there is a whole lot that can be hacked out of the bill.

The GOP had ideas?

What were they?

Tort reform (saves $250 billion a year) Dems shot it down.

Sell health insurance across State Lines (saves consumers $100 billion a year (Dems shot it down)

Tax free health savings accounts (Dems shot it down).

You actually keep to keep your health plan and doctor (Obama and Dems lied....killed it).

Where you getting the numbers? Sounds like ideas to mask the increasing cost of healthcare, not lower it.

I challenge anyone to say they have read all 2700 pages of Obamacare. Some claim, that with the regulations put in since passage it has ballooned up to 20,000 pages. I think it is somewhere in between but clearly way above the original 2700 pages.

I like all 7 proposals and I hope they remove the mandate from the prescription drug plan while they are at it.

What I don't see is where any of the 7 are real cost savings. Much like I don't see where Obamacare saved ME personally money. Now there maybe a whole lot of folks who were able to get healthcare but I know folks who had to pay the Obamacare tax by not being poor enough to get it for free but not making enough to afford the payments. That somehow doesn't seem right.

What irks me is that I am forced to buy Obamacare or waste paying 325 dollars in Obamacare tax. Yet I am not able to deduct the premium that the government FORCES me to pay.

As with everything there are some good things in Obamacare. Hell they had to put some good things in or no one would have supported the bill. But that is a very small amount there is a whole lot that can be hacked out of the bill.
Most of the seven proposals are nice to haves. None of them constitute a healthcare plan. All can be done under Obamacare. Trump does not explain what happens to the 20 million insured through Obamacare once he cancels it. He does nothing to cover pre-existing conditions

People can't write off their health insurance premiums if they can't afford to pay them in the first place.

HSA plans have two components: A high deductible health plan and another account to which you must contribute for use in paying the deductible. Combined, they're essentially the same cost as traditional health insurance premiums.

None of these "ideas" make it easier for people to afford or access critical preventive or diagnostic care, or prescription drugs.

There are too many people who don't understand how this works tossing out "ideas".

Considering that medical costs keep going up way above the reported inflation rate, how do you propose to contain costs? That is really the bottom line. Quality care for a price that people can afford. As with education, the cost just keeps going up as if there is an endless supply of money. Yet investments and paychecks have flat lined.

The wife and I were paying 800 dollars/month for a plan that I never used and she used very little. The reason being, you mentioned. It isn't so much the premium once you use it you have now to contend with out of pocket expenses.

I am lucky, I can afford it. But I also could be driving a BMW for that kind of money.

The problem with what he proposes is people like me will be left without health insurance. In my case, I'll die.

I've had health insurance all my life. I've paid the premiums, deductibles and copayments for decades.

The insurance is through my soon to be ex husband's employer. I've had it since the 1980s.

We're getting divorced after nearly 3 decades of marriage.

Once the divorce is final I can stay on that insurance for 3 years then I'm on my own.

Five years ago I was diagnosed with a very deadly form of breast cancer that is fed by 2 of my natural body hormones. Which means that without the proper medication, it will come back and kill me as it did to 4 of my relatives.

trump wants to get rid of Obamacare which outlaws discrimination to those who have or had a preexisting conditions. So once Obamacare is gone, preexisting conditions clauses return.

When that happens I no longer will ever be able to buy insurance. No insurance company will ever cover me.

Without insurance I DIE. I can't afford to pay the extremely high cost of cancer medications on my own. Right now a 3 month prescription costs me only 10 dollars. The cheapest I've been able to find that prescription without insurance is 100 dollars a month. It goes up from there depending on where you buy the medication and if you're on a supplemental like AARP. Without insurance I can't even have a mammogram to find out if the cancer has returned.

There are millions of Americans like me who for decades were denied insurance because the insurance company declared them to have a preexisting condition. Obamacare made it possible for millions of people to be on insurance. Some for the first time in many years.

For me, it's literally a matter of my life and death so there's absolutely no way I will ever vote for anyone who says they will remove Obamacare.

I don't want to die. I don't want millions of other Americans to die just because they were sick at one time in their life and all the insurance companies refused to cover them.

Let me make myself very clear. I have had insurance all my life. I've paid all the premiums, deductibles and copayments all my life. I have money to buy insurance and want to buy it but without Obamacare no insurance company will ever let me purchase coverage.

I WILL DIE.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back