Trump pledges to protect Americans and end birthright citizenship by executive order on day one.

Yes, for ex slaves children. It was part of the reconstruction era.

“The proposition before us … relates simply in that respect to the children begotten of Chinese parents in California, and it is proposed to declare that they shall be citizens. … I am in favor of doing so. … We are entirely ready to accept the provision proposed in this constitutional amendment, that the children born here of Mongolian parents shall be declared by the Constitution of the United States to be entitled to civil rights and to equal protection before the law with others.”

Ex-slaves are not even mentioned.

I'm a legitimate American and I think we need them. Most of the jobs that are unfilled are low skill jobs. Jobs you and I won't do and even your kids won't. Dirty jobs. Minimum wage jobs.

Social security is set to expire the year I retire at age 62. We need workers pumping in money to the system so I can get paid. I know what's going to happen. Republicans in 10 years are going to cut everyone's social security 20% in order to "save" the program. You guys want to talk about being taxed? Imagine if I get $200 taken out of my monthly retirement every month for the rest of my life. For what? So rich people and corporations can pay less taxes? So Republicans can lie us into another costly war? That money could have gone into social security.

The number of job openings decreased to 9.6 million on the last business day of March

We need 10 million more immigrants. And YOU need to stop having so many kids because we are overpopulated. So rather than give birth to more babies who are worthless, you have fewer kids and we import people who are ready to work on day one.
Your view is so shallow.

You couch many of your arguments in terms of “us vs. then.” It’s remarkably insipid of you.

You buy into the Hegel and Marx view of people as being in “classes.” You can’t wrap your tiny mind around the notion that we are — in our essence — a classless society.

There are stratifications in and degrees of wealth; that much we can agree upon. But — your broad stroke (silly) generalizations make no sense.

And your “arguments” all suffer from that.

Unless Conservatives can get the 14th amendment repealed (by gathering majority support among US citizens-including those anchor babies you jerk off to stripping citizenship from) -- all this will ever be is a way for Republicans to appeal to the xenophobes in their base.....
There sure are a lot of democrat xenophobes. They're not happy with the South Americans being dumped in their cities.

I think you America Haters are severely confused…DACA allowed for illegal children to have some sort of weird citizenship gifted by the Kenyan and the power of his pen….PERIOD.
That’s clearly a work-around of the immigration law laid on the books by the people which is a clear work-around of the Constitution. Think once

The Constitution does not mention immigration. The courts have given presidents wide latitude in administering immigration laws. Trump was allowed to ignore immigration laws.

The show me the words "same-sex marriage" in the 14th Amendment.

That is not necessary, equal protection of the laws is pretty clear, just as are the words....All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

That is not necessary, equal protection of the laws is pretty clear, just as are the words....All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.
Yes, I agree. However, the problem you aren't addressing is the fact that the parents are here illegally.

Yes, I agree. However, the problem you aren't addressing is the fact that the parents are here illegally.

Which is why there is no good reason to let the whole family stay.

Them being here illegally does not change the words of the 14th.

They would be wrong. The intent of the second amendment is well documented.

It is not well documented. The founding fathers never could have foreseen the development of technology such as machine guns. To assume that they would have approved of such technology is a lie.

The 14th Amendment was designed to grant citizenship to freed slaves and their descendants. Period.

No it is not. You are a liar. The senators who debated this understood this to mean birthright citizenship. You are the one who wants to change history.

Yes, the child is automatically a US citizen according to the US Constitution. That should not mean the whole family gets to live here. I fellow Marine while I was in got his Citizenship and he did not get to move his whole family to the country just because he was now a citizen.
Actually, once you let a person in, yes, their family follows. Duh. As they should. Then they'll have a support structure. Better chance of succeeding.

No way my girlfriends sister would have made it here without us. No way. With us, soon her kids were registered for school, free lunches, Obamacare, etc.

Didn't Melania's family follow her?

Actually, once you let a person in, yes, their family follows. Duh. As they should. Then they'll have a support structure. Better chance of succeeding.

There is no good reason to allow this. As I said a friend of mine in the Marines earned his citizenship while serving on active duty and it was still a long and drawn out process to get a few family members access to the country full time.

We are not giving the family citizenship.
Didn't Melania's family follow her?

No earthly idea, I do not really follow such things

Forum List

Back