Trump is struggling to find good lawyers who are still willing to represent him: WaPo report

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
i guess it's not a surprise...that lawyers like to win is an axiom--and Trump just does not look like a winner, these days--lawyers also like getting paid..and it appears that many feel that Trump is not a good financial risk:

Former President Donald Trump is having trouble finding a good lawyer to represent him, per a new report from The Washington Post.
The Post spoke to several lawyers who commented under the condition of anonymity on Trump's struggle to find seasoned counsel to defend him. "Everyone is saying no," a Republican lawyer told The Post, weighing in on how lawyers are turning down the Trump camp's cases.
Also speaking under anonymity, another lawyer spoke about the difficulties faced when representing Trump. They said that during his presidency, Trump would tweet about the Mueller probe against his legal team's advice. Several other people also told The Post that Trump was an impossible client, and worried if they would be compensated for their work.

i guess it's not a surprise...that lawyers like to win is an axiom--and Trump just does not look like a winner, these days--lawyers also like getting paid..and it appears that many feel that Trump is not a good financial risk:

Former President Donald Trump is having trouble finding a good lawyer to represent him, per a new report from The Washington Post.
The Post spoke to several lawyers who commented under the condition of anonymity on Trump's struggle to find seasoned counsel to defend him. "Everyone is saying no," a Republican lawyer told The Post, weighing in on how lawyers are turning down the Trump camp's cases.
Also speaking under anonymity, another lawyer spoke about the difficulties faced when representing Trump. They said that during his presidency, Trump would tweet about the Mueller probe against his legal team's advice. Several other people also told The Post that Trump was an impossible client, and worried if they would be compensated for their work.
The Washington Post knows what Trumps is discussing with lawyers? And im just supposed to believe that? :cuckoo:

i guess it's not a surprise...
Of course not. Any lawyer worth their salt knows that he'd be the worst, most dishonest client they've ever had.

His innocence on any of the upcoming cases is almost irrelevant. Anyone who comes anywhere near his orbit simply becomes the next person he can use and throw under the bus when he needs to.

Go near him, and you deserve what you get. And that probably doesn't include your fee.

Let's look at the author:

603da3db87d37600190d08df

Cheryl Teh​

Cheryl is a senior breaking news reporter based in Insider's Singapore bureau, where she covers everything from major military and political shifts in the region to developments in pop culture and social media.

Cheryl joined Insider in 2021. She was previously a journalist at the crime and consumer desks at the Straits Times, Singapore's national paper, and a researcher at the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies in Singapore. She has an MA in Cultural and Creative Industries from King's College London.

Yeah, I'm sure she has a real good bead on Trump's lawyer status.....Guessing much?

That and she hails from what amounts to a Brit Ivy League school.

Of course not. Any lawyer worth their salt knows that he'd be the worst, most dishonest client they've ever had.

His innocence on any of the upcoming cases is almost irrelevant. Anyone who comes anywhere near his orbit simply becomes the next person he can use and throw under the bus when he needs to.

Go near him, and you deserve what you get. And that probably doesn't include your fee.

Or maybe they remember the public pressure on firms that worked for him during the election. That's basically a bully veto writ large.

So Trump should be denied the best legal defense possible due to firms worrying about other clients dropping them?

Trump is struggling to find good lawyers who are still willing to represent him: WaPo report​

&

st-small-507x507-pad-600x600-f8f8f8.jpg

He'll get what he attracts.

So murderers should only get people that think murder is OK as defense attorneys?

Tax cheats only get attorneys that agree with tax cheating?

This isn't claiming an election was fraudulent, this is potential criminal charges and criminal trials.

Is your hatred of Trump any anyone who voted for him so twisted you think he doesn't deserve proper representation?

So murderers should only get people that think murder is OK as defense attorneys?

Tax cheats only get attorneys that agree with tax cheating?

This isn't claiming an election was fraudulent, this is potential criminal charges and criminal trials.

Is your hatred of Trump any anyone who voted for him so twisted you think he doesn't deserve proper representation?
You're so emotional. Let me try to make this simple for you:

Trump deserves full and fair representation, as any American would.

You're welcome. Calm down.

You're so emotional. Let me try to make this simple for you:

Trump deserves full and fair representation, as any American would.

You're welcome. Calm down.

What emotion? You are calling for him to be denied the best counsel possible, and we all know the reason why firms would balk, they would face pressure from their other clients because that is the hip trendy woke thing to do.

You are the one getting all giddy about him supposedly having issues finding a firm regarding this.

Just look at your SJW fellow travelers in this thread.

And look at the excuses when we all know the actual reason for it.

What emotion? You are calling for him to be denied the best counsel possible, and we all know the reason why firms would balk, they would face pressure from their other clients because that is the hip trendy woke thing to do.

You are the one getting all giddy about him supposedly having issues finding a firm regarding this.

Just look at your SJW fellow travelers in this thread.

And look at the excuses when we all know the actual reason for it.
So in your mind, I'm "calling for him to be denied the best counsel available".

Please show me where I said anything like that. I'd like to get a good look at your thought process on this.

Your TDS has robbed you of any reason you may have once had.

So in your mind, I'm "calling for him to be denied the best counsel available".

Please show me where I said anything like that. I'd like to get a good look at your thought process on this.

Your TDS has robbed you of any reason you may have once had.

You are too slick to do it outright, but your justifications for this in your first post show you true colors on the topic.

Excuses, excuses, but in the end if your side has to win via denying him the best counsel out there, then oh well. "I didn't get my hands dirty" (someone else did it for me)

WaPo is the same blog that published a story about Trump carjacking the Secret Service.

LOL

You are too slick to do it outright, but your justifications for this in your first post show you true colors on the topic.

Excuses, excuses, but in the end if your side has to win via denying him the best counsel out there, then oh well. "I didn't get my hands dirty" (someone else did it for me)
So it just happened in your mind. Your hypersensitivity over your demigod has you making wild, paranoid extrapolations based on your own imagination.

As I suspected. Okay.

So it just happened in your mind. Your hypersensitivity over your demigod has you making wild, paranoid extrapolations based on your own imagination.

As I suspected. Okay.

I'm on the DeSantis train, so your religious overtones don't work, dippy.

What I am against is idiots like you pretending to be on the up and up on this and more than likely approving of the denial of Trump's ability to get the best lawyer possible via the lawyer equivalent of the "heckler's veto"

I'm on the DeSantis train, so your religious overtones don't work, dippy.

What I am against is idiots like you pretending to be on the up and up on this and more than likely approving of the denial of Trump's ability to get the best lawyer possible via the lawyer equivalent of the "heckler's veto"
And to the personal insults and name-calling we go.

Okie dokie.

Forum List

Back