Trump is struggling to find good lawyers who are still willing to represent him: WaPo report

Looking forward to seeing his brilliant squad of highly qualified attorneys rising to the level of the rigged election lawyers:

BUT YOUR HONOR

HUNTER BIDEN

HILLARY CLINTON

PAUL PELOSI

GEORGE SOROS

SO MY CLIENT IS OBVIOUSLY INNOCENT I TELL YOU
I heard he finally found a lawyer....that is noted for representing rap artists.

Maybe Donnie can perform a rap in the court room while Melania flirts with the jury while dancing in the nude.

What emotion? You are calling for him to be denied the best counsel possible, and we all know the reason why firms would balk, they would face pressure from their other clients because that is the hip trendy woke thing to do.

You are the one getting all giddy about him supposedly having issues finding a firm regarding this.

Just look at your SJW fellow travelers in this thread.

And look at the excuses when we all know the actual reason for it.
Just ask his buddy Guiliani what it's like to get screwed by Trump who stiffed him on his legal fees. And Rudy for his trouble could very well spend the rest of his life in prison for doing his buddy's dirty work.

No honor among thieves.

Think some high profile Washington law firm is going to stick their neck out for a lowlife like Trump? He ain't worth the trouble & they know it.

Just ask his buddy Guiliani what it's like to get screwed by Trump who stiffed him on his legal fees. And Rudy for his trouble could very well spend the rest of his life in prison for doing his buddy's dirty work.

No honor among thieves.

Think some high profile Washington law firm is going to stick their neck out for a lowlife like Trump? He ain't worth the trouble & they know it.
trump is not above throwing anyone, including family members, under the bus.

i guess it's not a surprise...that lawyers like to win is an axiom--and Trump just does not look like a winner, these days--lawyers also like getting paid..and it appears that many feel that Trump is not a good financial risk:

Former President Donald Trump is having trouble finding a good lawyer to represent him, per a new report from The Washington Post.
The Post spoke to several lawyers who commented under the condition of anonymity on Trump's struggle to find seasoned counsel to defend him. "Everyone is saying no," a Republican lawyer told The Post, weighing in on how lawyers are turning down the Trump camp's cases.
Also speaking under anonymity, another lawyer spoke about the difficulties faced when representing Trump. They said that during his presidency, Trump would tweet about the Mueller probe against his legal team's advice. Several other people also told The Post that Trump was an impossible client, and worried if they would be compensated for their work.
The premise of this thread goes against everything we know for a fact about lawyers. They will happily represent customers who can pay. This includes not only people who are accused of crimes, be them absurd accusations like in Trump's case or credible ones, but also people who admit guilt.

If Trump was hiring lawyers there would be a long line.

But more directly, I have recently been seeing a lot of Christinia Bobb on TV. She's doing a fine job of representing Trump.

I am calling BS.

A man walked into a lawyer’s office and asked him how much he charged.

The lawyer responded “it’s $100 for three questions.”

“Isn’t that a lot?” asked the man.

“Yes” responded the lawyer….”and whats your third question?”

The premise of this thread goes against everything we know for a fact about lawyers. They will happily represent customers who can pay. This includes not only people who are accused of crimes, be them absurd accusations like in Trump's case or credible ones, but also people who admit guilt.

If Trump was hiring lawyers there would be a long line.

But more directly, I have recently been seeing a lot of Christinia Bobb on TV. She's doing a fine job of representing Trump.

I am calling BS.

A man walked into a lawyer’s office and asked him how much he charged.

The lawyer responded “it’s $100 for three questions.”

“Isn’t that a lot?” asked the man.

“Yes” responded the lawyer….”and whats your third question?”
Can pay and will pay are two different things. It is widely acknowledged that trump does not pay.

I heard he finally found a lawyer....that is noted for representing rap artists.

Maybe Donnie can perform a rap in the court room while Melania flirts with the jury while dancing in the nude.
Maybe Micheal Obama will slap you across the face with his dick, and knock the TDS out of you.

So Trump should be denied the best legal defense possible due to firms worrying about other clients dropping them?
Or, alternatively, he could get a public defender.
Or, alternatively.....he could offer to pay new legal counsel all expected fees up front .....as sort of a surety bond.
After all, DonT does have sort of a reputation for stiffing lawyers, vendors, contractors, customers. No?

Hell, if I was the managing partner of a white-shoe law firm.......I'd tell our rain-maker arguing to take on Trump:

• "Show us the money'!
  • We get covered for all out-of-pocket expenses and all expected billing-hours....up front.
  • Take it or leave it.
  • The guy has a reputation. We have other fish to fry."

As smart as poster 'martybegan' is.....I'd expect he'd do the same.
Unless his firm was desperate for business.

IMHO

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What emotion? You are calling for him to be denied the best counsel possible, and we all know the reason why firms would balk
And we all know the reason why firms would balk
Yeah we do.
Money.
And reputation.
Duh!
---------------------------------------------------------------

WaPo is the same blog that published a story about Trump carjacking the Secret Service.

Umm, MarvinMartian, you have brought up that allegation more than once.

I don't believe you know what you are talking about. No disrespect intended.

But, prove me wrong.
Show the forum you are a poster of substance and gravitas. And we can trust what you post.
Show us the Washington Post reportage that there was a "car hijacking" by the fired president Trump.

Saddle up, mon ami.

Faa6VyjXEAE7h1a

/thread

Struggling?
Good Lawyers?

What charged words.
Well..WAPO said it, so it must be true. :rolleyes:
The kind of high powered inside washington do not want to be blackballed by the swamp rats

Which will happen to them if they represent trump

So in your mind, I'm "calling for him to be denied the best counsel available".

Please show me where I said anything like that. I'd like to get a good look at your thought process on this.

Your TDS has robbed you of any reason you may have once had.
Mac1958 - “Go near him, and you deserve what you get. And that probably doesn'tinclude your fee.”

Well...he did retain a lawyer that represents rappers. And that is cool...if he ain't no fool.

Or, alternatively, he could get a public defender.
Or, alternatively.....he could offer to pay new legal counsel all expected fees up front .....as sort of a surety bond.
After all, DonT does have sort of a reputation for stiffing lawyers, vendors, contractors, customers. No?

Hell, if I was the managing partner of a white-shoe law firm.......I'd tell our rain-maker arguing to take on Trump:

• "Show us the money'!
  • We get covered for all out-of-pocket expenses and all expected billing-hours....up front.
  • Take it or leave it.
  • The guy has a reputation. We have other fish to fry."

As smart as poster 'martybegan' is.....I'd expect he'd do the same.
Unless his firm was desperate for business.

IMHO

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

And we all know the reason why firms would balk
Yeah we do.
Money.
And reputation.
Duh!
---------------------------------------------------------------

Umm, MarvinMartian, you have brought up that allegation more than once.

I don't believe you know what you are talking about. No disrespect intended.

But, prove me wrong.
Show the forum you are a poster of substance and gravitas. And we can trust what you post.
Show us the Washington Post reportage that there was a "car hijacking" by the fired president Trump.

Saddle up, mon ami.

You can make all the excuses you want, the real reason firms balk at representing him is the left will gun for them and pressure their other clients to leave them.

The legal version of the heckler's veto.

Don't whine about it.
Prove it.

There are examples from his previous firms representing him during the election challenges.

Another law firm bails out on Trump campaign

The development comes as Trump’s political opponents have sought to put public pressure on law firms assisting what many legal experts view as a meritless and likely fruitless campaign to try to thwart President-elect Joe Biden from taking office despite the fact that major media outlets have declared Biden the victor and the near-final counts showing Biden thousands of votes ahead in the key battleground states.

Some Trump critics including Republicans affiliated with the Lincoln Project have indicated they planned to pressure the commercial clients of law firms representing the campaign to drop the firms if they continued with the court fight on behalf of the president. In the motion filed at 11:53 p.m. on Thursday, Porter Wright lawyers Ronald Hicks and Carolyn McGee — who work out of the firm’s Pittsburgh office — said the campaign was “in the process of retaining and causing other counsel” to take over the case

I'm sure you will find some way to move the goalpost on this, you cheap, dime-store hack.

Forum List

Back