Trump hopes the economy crashes

Is it "cherry picking" to point out that before Covid, Trump's economic numbers were historic? We're going to be electing a President to fix the things that are really messed up right now. That would be the border. That would be inflation. That would be conflicts in Ukraine and the Middle East. That would be rampant crime. That would be a broken educational system. So after three years of the most inept administration I've ever seen are you REALLY telling me that Joe Biden is the guy who's our best choice to make those fixes?

LOL

Trump's economic numbers were not "historic." Get real.

Pre-covid...

Job growth:
6.7 million jobs added in 37 months. That's an average of 181K/month. Clinton had 240K/month. Shit, even Carter did better than Trump with 215K/month.

Annualized real GDP: 2.8%. Carter: 3.2%; Ford: 3.4%; Reagan: 3.6%; Clinton: 3.8%; LBJ: 5.1%; JFK: 5.3%.

So where's the "historic" part?

Note the quote, you liar!

Yes, YOU lied. You claimed Trump said, "IF there's a crash..." He said no such thing.

“And when there’s a crash — I hope it’s going to be during this next 12 months because I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover. The one president I just don’t want to be, Herbert Hoover.”

Not the quote. Listen to it yourself! He said, "If", not when.

Yes, listen yourself, ya imbecile. Practice what you preach...

When there’s a crash, I hope it’s going to be during this next 12 months because I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover. The one president I just don’t want to be, Herbert Hoover.”

Unemployment is low because people and my wife retired early rather than lose our retirement saving when Biden's stock market was drowning two years ago. Many people took a second job to put up with Bidenflation and shrinkflation..

More lies. :eusa_doh:

The labor force participation rate is up since 2022. In fact, it's up since Biden became president. Increases in the labor force participation rate drive the unemployment rate up. So no, unemployment is not low because you and your wife, along with many others, retired in 2022.

As far as people working 2 or more jobs, that is about the same as it was under Trump, pre-covid. And it did not increase at any faster rate in 2022 as it did since it bottomed out in 2020...

Untitled.png

Ah, yes...the Biden claim of adding 15 million jobs! His "crowning achievement"! The only problem with that claim is that the vast majority of those "added" jobs were simply people returning to work when the Covid restrictions ended! Biden didn't create jobs anymore than Trump lost them during the shutdowns.

You'll note, I didn't use the word, "create.," in terms of those 15 million jobs. There have been 5½ million jobs created under Biden's term so far.

Trump had RECORD unemployment numbers before Covid! Manufacturing in the US was up under Trump before Covid. Inflation was low. We were energy independent. Our disposable incomes were far higher. By any measure you want to pick the US economy was FAR better in Trump's years before Covid than it has been since Biden's AFTER Covid! It's not even a contest! So why would you want four more years of what we're suffering through now? Trump can actually fix the mess that Biden has created and I know that because HE'S DONE IT BEFORE!!!

LOL

WTF? What "mess" did Trump fix?

Inflation was already low when Trump took over. Oil exports were already on the rise. Oil imports were already decreasing. Oil production was already increasing. Disposable incomes were already increasing. Job growth was already historic. And to his credit, Trump kept those trends going until covid.

Means Trump didn't "fix" any "mess." Unlike Biden & Obama, he wasn't handed a mess.

Forum List

Back