Trump defends “Hang Mike Pence!” Chant during insurrection.

“Former President Trump — in a taped interview with Jonathan Karl of ABC News that was shared with Axios — defended, quite extensively, supporters who threatened to "hang" former Vice President Mike Pence.

Karl: "They were saying 'hang Mike Pence.'"

• Trump: "Because it's common sense, Jon. It's common sense that you're supposed to protect. How can you — if you know a vote is fraudulent, right? — how can you pass on a fraudulent vote to Congress? How can you do that? And I'm telling you: 50/50, it's right down the middle for the top constitutional scholars when I speak to them. Anybody I spoke to — almost all of them at least pretty much agree, and some very much agree with me — because he's passing on a vote that he knows is fraudulent. How can you pass a vote that you know is fraudulent? Now, when I spoke to him, I really talked about all of the fraudulent things that happened during the election. I didn't talk about the main point, which is the legislatures did not approve — five states. The legislatures did not approve all of those changes that made the difference between a very easy win for me in the states, or a loss that was very close, because the losses were all very close."

A former President defending those that wanted to hang his vice-president is as disturbing as it gets for our Constitutional Republic.

We all know Trump has no loyalty to anyone but himself, but throwing your own vice-president to the wolves!

To think there are those who would still vote for this trash.

Sad.
That's a deliberate misinterpretation of what he said.

Why am I not surprised?

When I heard this this morning, I could not believe someone could be as callous and mean to say something like this. I mean, not even Putin is stupid enough to publicly justify a "public hanging.:

The man is not only a cancer on the country, he is a heartless, authoritarian wannabe that should never hold a position of power again. If he were the local dog catcher, he would find a way to screw that job up.

He has unleashed on our country a stream of terror and intimidation from threats to mask wearers to shouting matches at school board meetings. They are all connected to his refusal to accept truth and facts. The MAGA world is out of control.
He didn't do that, you lying douchebag.

I quoted Trump’s statement in its entirety, Klink.

The full article is linked to.
Yes, and he didn't say what you claim. Trump was justifying contesting the election, not hanging Mike Pence.

What a fucking douchebag.

Trump’s words speak for themselves. I, nor any one else for that matter, need your Goebbel’s-like spin to tell us what to think.
They aren't his words when they are all cut up and reassembled, douchebag.

Yes, and he didn't say what you claim. Trump was justifying contesting the election, not hanging Mike Pence.

What a fucking douchebag.
Trump said people were mad then went on to throw Pence under the bus for certifying the election trying to justify what those animals did on 1/6. He's no better then the mob who beat cops over the head with flagpoles.

The majority doesn't want this Country controlled by a criminal psychopath.

Trump his delusional, and his past history shows he has always been that way, however, after being elected President, his power and his ego reached new heights. Sadly, so did his delusion. He truly believes whatever he feels, and evidence means nothing, nor do facts.

The real problem is not Trump, the real problem is the appalling ignorance and fealty of his supporters.
It's hilarious listening to progs claim Trump is delusional. Has any prog said anything in the last 5 years that isn't a delusion?

Trump said people were mad then went on to throw Pence under the bus for certifying the election trying to justify what those animals did on 1/6. He's no better then the mob who beat cops over the head with flagpoles.
That's your theory. It's total horseshit, of course. Trump has never tried to justify the riots.

Yet, they voted for a senile pedophine criminal.

He'll never be the nominee, dumnbass.
Good. He enabled Trump's madness & fawned over his every move for 4 years. Neither one of those two should be allowed within 1000 miles of the Capital.

Pence went out of his way to find an excuse to not certify. He's no better then that deranged criminal Trump & Pence is just another so called Christian hypocrite.

The obsession you rubes have with Trump does fascinate me, that's for sure.

That obsession is about you people, not him. It's never about one guy.
You and your ilk are the ones who have an obsession with Trump. McAuliffe was even bringing him up during his campaign. Once of you douchebags launches a tirade against Trump, and if anyone responds to it, then he is "obsessed with Trump."

It's difficult to comprehend the level denial you engage in

Good. He enabled Trump's madness & fawned over his every move for 4 years. Neither one of those two should be allowed within 1000 miles of the Capital.

Pence went out of his way to find an excuse to not certify. He's no better then that deranged criminal Trump & Pence is just another so called Christian hypocrite.
Another bucket of delusional babble.

ZOMG! This is the exact same way that he colluded with Russia and defended Nazis at Charlottesville!!

5p9xco.jpg
The nitwits still believe the "Russia! Russia! Russia!" hoax actually happened.

How does that translate into "He tried to justify calling for Mike Pence to be hanged?"

Just admit that you're a lying douchebag.

Because, as everyone sees, it cannot be done. I knew you laughable liberals wouldn’t even take a genuine swing at it. Gutless dishonest propagandizers like you have a way of predictably slinking off.

newsflash: it is not what Pres. Trump said.

I will concede that his communication skills are sometimes on the weak side. But it is still crystal clear that he never said anything approving of the idiot chant to hang the Vice President.

Forum List

Back