To all those on the left who question the faith of evangelicals for voting Trump

Bottom line, Women spent 40+ years trying to get the vote & be treated equal, they were insulted harassed beaten, jailed forced fed, pelted with rocks & garbage by MEN while police MEN stood by & did not protect them. ITS about control of your own body. if Men got pregnant there would be NO conversation about abortion.

Bottom line, you have a lot of fucking nerve lecturing about what constitutes "women's equality", what women want and need, and how women really want abortion because, "Ewww, pregnancy!" unless you are yourself a woman.

I am sick up to my ears of the leftist patriarchy mansplaining at me about my best interests, as though they think being a woman makes me too stupid to figure it out without them.

You want to make an argument for the wonders of abortion? Do it on your own behalf, not on mine.
Leftists believe women are nothing more than their genitals, concerned only with abortion and free birth control.

Even leftist women believe that. You never see leftists protesting wearing brain costumes.

Leftist women are like walking billboards shouting, "The patriarchy was right about us!" Literally everything they stand for and laughably claim to be doing "on behalf of women" actually sets us back decades, at least.

No one who is a true Christian will vote for Donald Trump. Maybe they need to review the Sermon on the Mount and consider Trump's words and deeds at rallies and in tweets before they vote.

It's always hilarious when people who hate Christians, Christianity, and God Himself believe they can dictate what Christians should think and do.

Stay in your lane, Skippy.

It’s always ridiculous when cons try to claim that liberals aren’t Christians or they hate Christians. Obviously the religious right hates the Constitution, and is trying to overturn it, but we never mention THAT. They want religious tests for public office. They want to be free to discriminate against "sinners".

The religious right already have private church schools to keep their little darlings from mixing with anyone who isn't straight, white, and fundamentalist. At this schools, they that global warning is a hoax. The earth is 6000 years old, and evolution is a lie. They send their children to these private schools because the public schools are "brainwashing" their children.

The religous right has aligned themselves with the KKK, white supremacists, and bigots, racists, and right wing terrorists - all of whom are right at home in today's Republican Party.

Christians my ass.

"It's always ridiculous to claim that we're not Christians or hate Christians, just because we never have anything positive to say about Christians or Christianity and spend all our time cheering on those attacking Christians. How silly of you to think that our behavior means something!"

And then you follow up with more bile and vitriol directed at Christians, OMG they're so bad, LOOK at all these lies your masters told you to believe about Christians, but how DARE we think you hate Christians!

Are you aware that every time you go to defend yourself against accusations of being an ignorant puddle of dog vomit, you actually end up proving the accusations true? Seriously, how do you even manage to walk and breathe at the same time with such inferior brain function?

No one who is a true Christian will vote for Donald Trump. Maybe they need to review the Sermon on the Mount and consider Trump's words and deeds at rallies and in tweets before they vote.

It's always hilarious when people who hate Christians, Christianity, and God Himself believe they can dictate what Christians should think and do.

It’s always ridiculous when cons try to claim that liberals aren’t Christians or they hate Christians. Obviously the religious right hates the Constitution, and is trying to overturn it, but we never mention THAT. They want religious tests for public office. They want to be free to discriminate against "sinners".

The religious right already have private church schools to keep their little darlings from mixing with anyone who isn't straight, white, and fundamentalist. At this schools, they that global warning is a hoax. The earth is 6000 years old, and evolution is a lie. They send their children to these private schools because the public schools are "brainwashing" their children.

The religous right has aligned themselves with the KKK, white supremacists, and bigots, racists, and right wing terrorists - all of whom are right at home in today's Republican Party.

Christians my ass.

You have some tremendously stupid ideas about Christians.

Yes, there are a handful of people who believe the things you claim. No, they are not as common as you insist -- or, more likely, as you're told to insist.

Yes, the left hates Christians. I don't know why you even bother to insist it isn't a fact.

Did her post sound to you like someone who doesn't hate Christians? I mean, completely aside from her viciously stupid attacks on them, it's painfully obvious she has never spoken to one.

Christians my ass.

Yes, there are a handful of people who believe the things you claim. No, they are not as common as you insist -- or, more likely, as you're told to insist.

Yes, the left hates Christians. I don't know why you even bother to insist it isn't a fact.

No dave, the left hates Trump ,,That's who supposed Christians support. You lump yourself with this garbage ,,what do you expect?

What option are you giving them? Do you actually believe they’re going to vote for the party that’s been sneering at them for decades now? Should they go to the party that’s taking out “in god we trust”? Do you actually think they’re going to go with the party that’s for abortion up until the moment of birth and even after? Do you actually think they want to vote for the party that is making it illegal for them to practice their religion in the business they own?

How about the party that’s now attacking them? All I mentioned before was just saber rattling and aggressive stances in the culture war. They have now just fired the first of many shots they’re going to fire in the culture war.

PS: To the moderators. Don’t you dare move this to any other thread. The left has made this political and politics is exactly where this belongs.

Jesus said nothing about abortion but a lot about greed, helping the poor, humility....

The Democrats are far closer to what Jesus actual said than Republicans...

Abortion is just a wedge issue hyped by the GOP... They have pushed a bunch of pro corporation judges on the promise of restricting Abortion rights.... A heavy majority of Americans believe Abortion under certain circumstances and not illegal in all cases...

But again Jesus said nothing about abortion even though it was readily available in area at the time...
So you honestly believe that Jesus would approve of abortion?

Read the bible, he said nothing about it.... Abortion was going on in the area at the time... He didn't consider it important enough to talk about it...

I can show plenty of places that Jesus talked about Greed, Humility, using God's name in vain, judging others, keeping church and state apart....

I don't know Jesus's thinking on Abortion but I am sure as hell you don't know either...

US is not a Theocracy....

you have to vote for the guy who brags about just walking up and sexually assaulting women?
Why would he or anyone else have to vote for Joe “Fingers” Biden?

Because Joe Biden's accuser has disappeared under the waves, when her story was proven to be a lie. The right should have vetted this woman and her story more closely before supporting her. She claimed she filed a report to the ethics office. She doesn't have a copy, but she has a copy of all of the rest of her employment file. Then she changed her story. She didn't file a report, she had an "intake interview", but didn't go forward with a claim. That's a lot different than "I filed a claim and they did nothing".

Reade took her claims to the legitimate press and no one would publish her story. That's because they investigated her story and it didn't hold up. She published her claims on FaceBook. Republicans, desperate for ammo against Biden, jumped on this opportunity. When her Republican law firm dropped the case, and no one else picked it up, you knew that even the lawyers didn't believe her.

There is no "private alcove" in the Senate Hallway where she claims this happened. Capital staffers said that this corridor is well used, well lit and busy. The chances that he could attack her in this way and not be seen by others are slim and nil. Then there's her long history of financial cons

The right has been trying to smear Biden with lies and conspiracy theories since before he announced his candidacy, and it's not working. Joe Biden is not Hillary Clinton. Republicans haven't been smearing his character and lying about him for the past 30 years. In fact, Republicans have all praised Joe Biden as an honest, and decent man. Right up until the moment he declared his candidacy.

Republicans need a better election strategy than lying about the opposition. It's not going to work this time. Just like it didn't work the last time Republicans crashed the economy, but this time is different. This is like the election of Ronald Reagan. The country is going in the wrong direction, and its' not working. Republican policies have, in essence, destroyed the nation.

40 years of Republican fiscal policies have enriched the Baby Boomers and left everyone else broke, sick and unemployed. 80% of the wealth of the nation is owned by the top 10%. In Norway, that number is 53%. In Canada it's 47%. They're two of the best countries in the world to live in. The middle class in both countries is growing, while the American middle class continues to lose ground.

What a joke, she was never “proven a liar”, just because record aren’t around from 40 years ago. Biden even apologized for it.

As for comparing Canada and Norway to the US, that’s laughable. Norway is a small country that profits mostly from oil, you know the stuff that is “killing the planet” according to you loons. Not to mention they are entirely an all white population with no bottom feeding welfare types. Funny how that can have a huge effect on quality of life for a nation.
Canada is an even bigger joke, profiting off oil as well, while electing moronic shitbag liberals claiming to be against global warming. Biggest hypocrites in the world.

Yes, she was. The records exist.

Norway has a mixed manufacturing economy and an higher GDP than the USA.

Canada is doing very well and recovering quickly from the shutdown:

While Trump was starting trade wars, Trudeau was signing trade agreements with Europe, and the Trans Pacific Partnership. We have trade deals. Our economy is recovering nicely. Our country is opening slowly and safely.
And you're still treating your First Nations people like animals.

And no we're not. This is a well balanced piece which, while noting the root causes of poverty, and discrimmination, highlights the ways that Native Canadians are recovering from past abuses and building a sound foundation for the future.

We admit our problems and deal with them when we have a liberal Prime Minister. The Conservative government of Stephen Harper, made things worse. That party is no longer in power, and are essentially leaderless and incompetent and incompetent at the moment.

Christians my ass.

The problem with conservatives is they know so much that simply is not true.

Christians my ass.

Did her post sound to you like someone who doesn't hate Christians? I mean, completely aside from her viciously stupid attacks on them, it's painfully obvious she has never spoken to one.

I read your hate filled posts against liberals, or anyone who disagrees with Trump and I see no humanity, decency or Christian love for your fellow humans in any of those posts. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" isn't even in your vocabulary. Neither is "love one another as I have loved you".

I await your rationalization of this most un-Christian of behaviours by those who claim to love Jesus.

Bottom line, Women spent 40+ years trying to get the vote & be treated equal, they were insulted harassed beaten, jailed forced fed, pelted with rocks & garbage by MEN while police MEN stood by & did not protect them. ITS about control of your own body. if Men got pregnant there would be NO conversation about abortion.

Bottom line, you have a lot of fucking nerve lecturing about what constitutes "women's equality", what women want and need, and how women really want abortion because, "Ewww, pregnancy!" unless you are yourself a woman.

I am sick up to my ears of the leftist patriarchy mansplaining at me about my best interests, as though they think being a woman makes me too stupid to figure it out without them.

You want to make an argument for the wonders of abortion? Do it on your own behalf, not on mine.
Leftists believe women are nothing more than their genitals, concerned only with abortion and free birth control.

Even leftist women believe that. You never see leftists protesting wearing brain costumes.

And there it is. The hate and misogyny that we see ever time we engage one of these right wing assholes in a discussion of women's rights. Being a misogynistic A$$hole, you know nothing about women, and standing on your white male privilege, you think you have the right to tell us what to do.

We are concerned with abortion and birth control because men have used both to control women since time began. Abortion was legal until women started agitating for the vote. When the women's suffrage movement began, men legislated away our right to control our bodies. That's when abortion became illegal. When women wanted the vote.

When the Equal Rights Amendment passed, the rabid right wingers went after Roe v. Wade. And they haven't let up. At every step along the way, men like you have

Somehow asking for the same amount of money that men make for doing the same job, makes women "shrill and demanding". Asking for equal rights under the lawmakes women "feminazis". Asking that our healthcare coverage be mandated to include reproductive care and birth control, makes us "sluts".

So take your religion and your hatred of women and shove it up your ass. I'm sure you have a lovely compliant proper Christian gal at home who knows her place. You're not going to find any women like that here.

And there it is. The unwillingness to act like an intelligent adult, worthy of respect, coupled with whining accusations that everyone is being "misogynistic" for treating you the way you have earned.

Since I know your gnat brain missed it, I will point out that his post was merely agreeing with MY post. Would you like to try to tell ME that I'm a "misogynistic asshole who knows nothing about women"? Because I assure you, LizardBitch, that MY female cred is at least as valid as yours.

So now that you can't hide behind your skirts and powder puffs and make "I am woman, hear me whine" your battle cry, would you like to try to making a REAL argument for your point of view, or is "I am a woman, and that makes me RIGHT!" all you have?

As a Christian I can understand someone not wanting to vote (D) but I can't understand voting for Trump.

What turned the corner for you? His constant taking the Lord's name in vain? Constantly calling people names? Maybe his lies? The way he treats women? The way he doesn't seem to have any problems with screwing people over?

I'm willing to overlook religious values for certain secular ones: like working for Americans, not hating America, and not wanting to destroy the Constitution.

Free will's a bitch, huh? Have you figured out yet that you don't get to dictate what other people do?

Because it sure doesn't look like you have.

Trump isn't working for Americans. He's working for Trump.

Not hating America. This proves you're a complete idiot. Trump LOATHES America. He thinks it's full of losers like YOU. He's deliberating killing people and destroying the country because he and his friends are getting richer in the pandemic.

Trump is trampling the Constitution under foot. You won't have a country in four years, if Trump is re-elected.

I'm sure we're all going to rush to take instruction on "trampling the Constitution" from some Canadian twat-on-legs who wouldn't recognize the Constitution if someone slapped her stupid, wrinkled face with it.

You continue to have nothing whatsoever that OUR country wants, needs, or values.

Christians my ass.

The problem with conservatives is they know so much that simply is not true.

The problem with leftists is they think truth is defined by wishing.

What option are you giving them? Do you actually believe they’re going to vote for the party that’s been sneering at them for decades now? Should they go to the party that’s taking out “in god we trust”? Do you actually think they’re going to go with the party that’s for abortion up until the moment of birth and even after? Do you actually think they want to vote for the party that is making it illegal for them to practice their religion in the business they own?

How about the party that’s now attacking them? All I mentioned before was just saber rattling and aggressive stances in the culture war. They have now just fired the first of many shots they’re going to fire in the culture war.

PS: To the moderators. Don’t you dare move this to any other thread. The left has made this political and politics is exactly where this belongs.

Jesus said nothing about abortion but a lot about greed, helping the poor, humility....

The Democrats are far closer to what Jesus actual said than Republicans...

Abortion is just a wedge issue hyped by the GOP... They have pushed a bunch of pro corporation judges on the promise of restricting Abortion rights.... A heavy majority of Americans believe Abortion under certain circumstances and not illegal in all cases...

But again Jesus said nothing about abortion even though it was readily available in area at the time...
So you honestly believe that Jesus would approve of abortion?

Read the bible, he said nothing about it.... Abortion was going on in the area at the time... He didn't consider it important enough to talk about it...

I can show plenty of places that Jesus talked about Greed, Humility, using God's name in vain, judging others, keeping church and state apart....

I don't know Jesus's thinking on Abortion but I am sure as hell you don't know either...

US is not a Theocracy....
Deliberately killing a human being is murder. This is the part where you devil's pawns play dumb.

As a Christian I can understand someone not wanting to vote (D) but I can't understand voting for Trump.

What turned the corner for you? His constant taking the Lord's name in vain? Constantly calling people names? Maybe his lies? The way he treats women? The way he doesn't seem to have any problems with screwing people over?

I'm willing to overlook religious values for certain secular ones: like working for Americans, not hating America, and not wanting to destroy the Constitution.

Free will's a bitch, huh? Have you figured out yet that you don't get to dictate what other people do?

Not hating America. This proves you're a complete idiot. Trump LOATHES America. He thinks it's full of losers like YOU. He's deliberating killing people and destroying the country because he and his friends are getting richer in the pandemic.

Trump is trampling the Constitution under foot. You won't have a country in four years, if Trump is re-elected.

I'm sure we're all going to rush to take instruction on "trampling the Constitution" from some Canadian twat-on-legs who wouldn't recognize the Constitution if someone slapped her stupid, wrinkled face with it.

You continue to have nothing whatsoever that OUR country wants, needs, or values.

Too bad

Too bad dragon isn't a US citizen We need a whole lot more of her and a whole lot less of you

Christians my ass.

I read your hate filled posts against liberals, or anyone who disagrees with Trump and I see no humanity, decency or Christian love for your fellow humans in any of those posts. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" isn't even in your vocabulary. Neither is "love one another as I have loved you".

I await your rationalization of this most un-Christian of behaviours by those who claim to love Jesus.

I read your hate-filled ignorant posts against anyone who disagrees with you, and I utterly reject your assumed right to judge me on anything. You sit in here, spewing evil about how unborn children are nothing more than bodily waste to be thrown in the garbage, and that "women's rights" consist entirely of killing their unborn children so they can continue to be treated like empty, disposable sluts by cads, and you have the effrontery to try to lecture ME about Christianity and love? I have a few little Bible quotes for YOU, which I doubt you're familiar with since your entire "knowledge" of the Bible comes from a leftist talking point memo:

"And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, “‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men.” And he said to them, You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!" - Mark 7:6-9

"For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect." - Matthew 24:24

"And the LORD said to me: “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I did not send them, nor did I command them or speak to them. They are prophesying to you a lying vision, worthless divination, and the deceit of their own minds." - Jeremiah 14:14

" But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction." - 2 Peter 2:1

I heartily suggest you hold your breath while you wait for me to view you as a person, let alone one I need to defend ANYTHING to.

Too bad

Too bad dragon isn't a US citizen We need a whole lot more of her and a whole lot less of you

Too bad you ARE a US citizen. We need a whole lot more of you anywhere but here.

And there it is. The hate and misogyny that we see ever time we engage one of these right wing assholes in a discussion of women's rights. Being a misogynistic A$$hole, you know nothing about women, and standing on your white male privilege, you think you have the right to tell us what to do.

We are concerned with abortion and birth control because men have used both to control women since time began. Abortion was legal until women started agitating for the vote. When the women's suffrage movement began, men legislated away our right to control our bodies. That's when abortion became illegal. When women wanted the vote.

When the Equal Rights Amendment passed, the rabid right wingers went after Roe v. Wade. And they haven't let up. At every step along the way, men like you have

Somehow asking for the same amount of money that men make for doing the same job, makes women "shrill and demanding". Asking for equal rights under the lawmakes women "feminazis". Asking that our healthcare coverage be mandated to include reproductive care and birth control, makes us "sluts".

So take your religion and your hatred of women and shove it up your ass. I'm sure you have a lovely compliant proper Christian gal at home who knows her place. You're not going to find any women like that here.
Goodness, you're a hateful thing. I love women. They're smart, strong, funny, interesting to talk to, wonderful to make a life with.

So me saying women are concerned with the same issues as men are is misogynistic?

That's just stupid.

She thinks "misogynistic" is defined as "anything that requires leftist women to stop acting like screeching vaginas-on-legs". She's very offended by men who think women are smart and strong, because she knows she isn't either.

Christians my ass.

We had an evangelical ministry team at our church for a while, Nice couple, but they attracted a decidedly un-Presbyterian flock. The were nice people, trusting and decent, but poorly equipped for life in the real world.

I have a friend who teaches at one these Christian schools and I want to congratulate you fine Christian parents. The emphasis on virginity, and the virginity pledges these girls make mean that they are willing to do anything with their boyfriends EXCEPT vaginal sex. These girls are doing things with that a Church Street hooker would find distasteful. The law of unintended consequences.

Once again you're an asshole liar.

Abortion was legal until women started agitating for the vote. When the women's suffrage movement began, men legislated away our right to control our bodies. That's when abortion became illegal. When women wanted the vote.

Rise of anti-abortion legislation

When the United States first became independent, most states applied English common law to abortion. This meant it was not permitted after quickening, or the start of fetal movements, usually felt 15–20 weeks after conception.[12]

Abortion has existed in America since European colonization. The earliest settlers would often encourage abortions before the "quickening" stage in the pregnancy. There were many reasons given for this, including not having resources to bear children. It was not until the late 1800s[clarification needed] when states began to make abortions illegal. One reason given for the legislation was that abortions had been performed with dangerous methods and were often surgical. Because of this,[clarification needed] many states decided to legalize abortions. As technology advanced and abortion methods improved, abortions still remained illegal. Women would resort to illegal unsafe methods, also known as "back alley" abortions. As of 2020, some women who live in areas with limited access to abortion clinics resort to "back-alley" abortions.[citation needed]

What a lovely santized history, but Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source.

A harpy such as yourself does not get to determine what is a good source and what isn't. Once again you've been shown to be a know nothing liar.

What happened to the two yahoo's that freaked out because people marched past their house?

No one takes internet cowboys seriously.
Oh, you mean the people whose private property was illegally broken into by an angry mob? The people who were illegally threatened by said mob? The people who defended themselves and their property in accordance with state law? The people whose case will be dismissed before it goes to trial?

Are those the people you're talking about? The people whose circumstances you're utterly unable to be honest about?

No, I've never seen that.

Doesn't matter what you've seen, it happened.

Christians my ass.

We had an evangelical ministry team at our church for a while, Nice couple, but they attracted a decidedly un-Presbyterian flock. The were nice people, trusting and decent, but poorly equipped for life in the real world.

I have a friend who teaches at one these Christian schools and I want to congratulate you fine Christian parents. The emphasis on virginity, and the virginity pledges these girls make mean that they are willing to do anything with their boyfriends EXCEPT vaginal sex. These girls are doing things with that a Church Street hooker would find distasteful. The law of unintended consequences.

Once again you're an asshole liar.

Abortion was legal until women started agitating for the vote. When the women's suffrage movement began, men legislated away our right to control our bodies. That's when abortion became illegal. When women wanted the vote.

Rise of anti-abortion legislation

When the United States first became independent, most states applied English common law to abortion. This meant it was not permitted after quickening, or the start of fetal movements, usually felt 15–20 weeks after conception.[12]

Abortion has existed in America since European colonization. The earliest settlers would often encourage abortions before the "quickening" stage in the pregnancy. There were many reasons given for this, including not having resources to bear children. It was not until the late 1800s[clarification needed] when states began to make abortions illegal. One reason given for the legislation was that abortions had been performed with dangerous methods and were often surgical. Because of this,[clarification needed] many states decided to legalize abortions. As technology advanced and abortion methods improved, abortions still remained illegal. Women would resort to illegal unsafe methods, also known as "back alley" abortions. As of 2020, some women who live in areas with limited access to abortion clinics resort to "back-alley" abortions.[citation needed]

What a lovely santized history, but Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source.

I just heard you say, "I know shitty people who claim to be Christians, therefore I assume all Christians are like the shitty people I know." Maybe you should look less at their alleged Christianity, and more at the old saying, "Birds of a feather flock together." Maybe they're shitty because they're the type of people who would associate with you.

"A true Christian". Meaning what? Someone who behaves the way you approve of, "Reverend" Rye? Maybe YOU need to review the fact that you aren't God, and don't get to define Christianity according to your personal political biases.

Someone who believes in the 10 Commandments would NEVER vote for a liar, an self admitted adulter, and a thief. Trump is all three. A true Christian would never vote for a man who rips babies out of their mothers' arms. or who shrugs off the suffering of 130,000 families without so much as a mention.

Your hubris is astounding. You aren't God, you don't speak for God, and as far as I know, no one in the history of the world has EVER said, "Gosh, I won't feel like a good Christian until I meet LizardBitch's precise interpretation of how I should behave according to whatever her political agenda is at the moment."

Unless you can quote me a Commandment that says, "Thou shalt not support Donald Trump", I do not want to fucking hear any lectures from you about how "Christians would never do THIS, because I don't like it". And how DARE you play at "Oh, those poor babies, RIPPED from their mothers' arms!" when you're on here every other day, promoting RIPPING babies from their mothers' uteruses . . . AND having the unutterable gall to tell us that you're doing it on behalf of ALL women, because the fact that you - allegedly - have a uterus means you represent all of us. Take your sanctimonious, pretentious hypocrisy about "THIS is what caring and compassion are, because I say so" and shove them right up your evil, wrinkled ass.

There you go again. Projecting YOUR behaviours on others. Christians would never do that, not because I said so, but because Jesus said nothing about voting for anyone. Vote for Trump all you want, but don't pretend that you're a Christian in doing so.

It astonishes me that the Fundamentalists can't bring themselves to vote for someone who would give women free will to make their own choices on the based of their faith, but who would not personally have an abortion, but they would vote for someone who is liar, an adulterer and a thief, and would rip babies out their mothers arms. It defies logic.

Your desire to ban abortions is EXACTLY what you're accusing me of doing: forcing your beliefs on all women.

Being pro-choice is pro-Christian. You make your own choice based on your own beliefs. Your wrong-headed abortion, impugns the freedom of religion rights in the First Amendment.

Stop trying to force your beliefs on the rest of us.

NOW you're the Holy Spirit too.

Forum List

Back