Time to hold police accountable

There is no law so trivial that police will not kill you in order to enforce it.
That's ridiculous. You think they'll kill you just to stop you from jaywalking ?
If they decide to arrest you for it and you tell them to fuck off and keep walking? Yes.

They will continue to apply force until you submit or die. Doesn't matter what the law in question is, once they decide to enforce it, things only go in one direction; you comply or you die.

Period.

I watched the video, let's recall again that if it wasn't for the fake media, this case would not be important enough to rise to the radar. Their race baiting is unacceptable and far more noteworthy than any crime.

That said, the cops will be going to jail and have their badges removed. They weren't the best and will be held accountable... no hate crime just incompetent cops being incompetent. Now, will you hold the media accountable?

I agree....BUT resisting arrest is almost always the catalyst to police brutality and sometimes death.
My advice is; don't resist and obey commands....STAY ALIVE

Most of the time the police push the suspect around and make it look like he or she is resisting. You can't win.

I agree....BUT resisting arrest is almost always the catalyst to police brutality and sometimes death.

Most of the time the police push the suspect around and make it look like he or she is resisting. You can't win.

“most of the time”?
I’m guessing you have the data to prove your scientific opinion?

“most of the time”?
I’m guessing you have the data to prove your scientific opinion?

Can you prove otherwise?

That said, the cops will be going to jail and have their badges removed. They weren't the best and will be held accountable... no hate crime just incompetent cops being incompetent. Now, will you hold the media accountable?

Yup. There's no reason to bring race into this. It can neither be proven nor disproven that this was a hate crime.

What we have here is incompetent police using excessive force to murder a man. They've already been fired and they will hopefully face bigger consequences for this.

If it was a black policeman with his knee on a white guys neck causing him to sufocate and die. The words "hate crime" would never be mentioned by the media.
You might be right. But then, show me a white guy getting choked to death like that? What does your hypothetical to do with THIS guy being choked to death. Should not have happened.
I have not given you a like in a while wee both know why but right is right. I agree with you on this one.
This isn't about politics, its about law and human rights. I've had this argument before, but I'll say it again, the police have many options at their disposal to get control of someone. They are trained and armed to the teeth. Their job is to deal with the situation, diffuse it if possible, restore the peace, arrest if they must, then let the court decide the punishment, if any, not see it met out right there in the street. Especially when there was no lethal threat being offered.

Being progressive or conservative shouldn't blind anyone to basic common sense, law, and human decency. I'm tired of hearing all cops are bad or that if you put up a fight, that anything goes. Most cops are good people, but neither does anything go. I'm a big guy, about 300 pounds, I'm licensed to carry a .45, and I know some martial arts. I would have rather put my gun to that cop's head and ordered him to get off that guy's neck or get his brains blown out and citizen-arrested him and faced the consequences later, than to have walked away or stood there and have to live the rest of my life knowing I watched another person being murdered and did nothing.
With three other cops around, you would put a gun to a cops head?! That would be suicide by cop and you would be even stupider than most thugs.
Yeah, maybe. I wasn't there. You have to go with the situation. I'm not a violent person at all, just a willful one, and dangerous if given the reason. I think of others before myself. If I have a gun to your buddy's head, are you really going to risk his life trying to pull a gun to try to shoot me? No, you are going to stop and try to talk me down. ITMT, I've stopped the choking. God pray it never comes to that. If it comes to shooting, I'm going to die, but so are 2-3 police as well, so what will have been served by not simply acquiescing to my simple demand to LET THE FUCKING GUY ON THE GROUND LIVE and get him a damned ambulance? How many times are we going to have this same conversation on police brutality? How long did it take Starbucks to retrain their employees NOT to throw people out of their stores for loitering?

The greater question is that with FIVE police around, how is it that this man died and no one knew he was choked and no longer breathing? That's a question I am sick of asking.
You and the even guy would be dead instantly. Cops are well trained in self-preservation with little "respect" for thugs or the self-righteous.

Anyway, hold your horse and don't go shooting cops until you know exactly what happened.

This case, would need one heck of a story, to justify putting the weight of your body on a knee, on some guys neck.

If they are trained to do that, then we need to fire the person running the police academy he came from.

If they come up with new information, I'll listen. But this looks bad, real bad.

There is no law so trivial that police will not kill you in order to enforce it.
That's ridiculous. You think they'll kill you just to stop you from jaywalking ?

Yes they will.

It’s time for the American people to hold police accountable for their actions. All four cops need to be charged with murder. This cop had his knee on a mans neck and choked him to death for no reason. The cop had his hands in his pockets the whole time. George Floyd repeatedly said that he couldn’t breathe, at one point even calling out to his mother for help. The only way this will stop is if we all stand together and demand more from our law enforcement officers. Too many people are being killed over petty crimes. The man was charged with forgery. He did not deserve to die.

It’s time for the American people to hold police accountable for their actions. All four cops need to be charged with murder. This cop had his knee on a mans neck and choked him to death for no reason. The cop had his hands in his pockets the whole time. George Floyd repeatedly said that he couldn’t breathe, at one point even calling out to his mother for help. The only way this will stop is if we all stand together and demand more from our law enforcement officers. Too many people are being killed over petty crimes. The man was charged with forgery. He did not deserve to die.
Here's how this "should" go.
The police arrive to the scene they were called to. They talk to witnesses, who cite to the best of their knowledge, what actually happened. The individual (the suspect, perp, whatever you wish to call him/her), is cooperative and does exactly as the police officer says. Depending upon the circumstances, the person is released (all people, regardless of race, if stopped by police, are in a status of: "Detained and must cooperate and answer questions honestly," or, the individual is handcuffed, placed in the officer's car and transported to the jail for processing. That's how it "should" go.
Here's how it goes in the inner-city, especially within the black community.
The inner-city officer arrives and asks around about what is going on. The response most of those there: "I din' see nuffin," (inner-city civilian policy: snitches get stiches, thus crime goes on unabated, crimes don't get solved and the community continues to complain about the crime in their neighborhood, translation: stupidity reigns). If the officer is able to actually determine a suspect and approaches him/her....the officer just gets a bunch of lies and lip and very likely, resistance. Being required to arrest resisting offenders (for some strange reason), the officer must use various "physical" tactics to detain the individual. A knee to the neck keeps the scumbag down on the ground until he gets assistance getting the offender into the car.
There is currently a discussion as to whether this method of detention should be continued.
My opinion....cooperate, otherwise things accelerate negatively for you. If harm comes to you because you resisted, you primarily have yourself to blame for what "might" happen. In this case, I'm sure the officer wasn't intending to kill the individual, only get him to stop resisting. That doesn't negate that the District Attorney should just blow this off. If charges are placed on the officer, at most, involuntary manslaughter would be the most appropriate charge incurred.

Specifically how are they NOT being held accountable?
Specifically, by horrible misuse and abuse of the qualified immunity doctrine. And by police unions using their influence to protect and provide cover for gangster cops.

As I expected, you have no clue. Thank you, thank you so much!

Specifically how are they NOT being held accountable?
Specifically, by horrible misuse and abuse of the qualified immunity doctrine. And by police unions using their influence to protect and provide cover for gangster cops.

As I expected, you have no clue. Thank you, thank you so much!
Wrong.

The good cops -- which is the vast majority of them -- agree.

Forum List

Back