Today is a great example of just how fukked we are as a country.

We are literally under attack by our number one enemy China. Between got-aways and processed illegals, we are bringing in 10,000 PER DAY. We are funding a proxy war with Russia dancing on the edge of a nuclear war. And a third of the country could care less because of some joke indictment on Trump. We really are fukked.

If they are our number 1 enemy, why did my free covid tests come from China? Are they even accurate? Shit. Gonna have to find me some horse dewormer.

A little history, and thank you for the civil tone. Bragg investigated all of this at about the same time the DOJ looked into it and declined to prosecute. Now, he suddenly gets his indictment, but refuses to show his charges.

He took a state statute and upgraded a misdemeanor offense (with an expired, 2 year statute of limitations) to a felony charge. Since this trial will happen in NYC, there is almost zero chance he won't be convicted. About the only place that would have more of a guarantee would be a trial in DC.

Assuming he is found guilty by a partisan jury, he'll appeal, it's not likely at all that any appeals court judge(s) in NY will overturn, regardless of any provable weaknesses in the prosecution's case. SO... it will be bumped up the chain until SCOTUS has to decide. This situation is totally unprecedented. Never before have their been charges against a former POTUS that were pursued, proven, and then the sentence carried out by placing him in a cell. I have to believe that SCOTUS will understand just how dangerous it will be to allow such a precedent to be set.

Convict him, fine him, run with the story that he's disqualified from running for POTUS, none of that matters to his supporters enough for them to become ACTIVE in protests. Put him in a cell so he cannot campaign, and all hell is likely to break loose. The question for those Americans who support this indictment, should be - Do you hate him more than you love our country?

Using a state conviction to stop him from running, even though he clearly did nothing that would LEGALLY disqualify him, might well be the final straw for his supporters who have done their best to remain law-abiding. Enough is enough. Sometimes, people will keep coming at you until they leave you NO other choice but to fight back. Those who think such an outcome would benefit them, are foolish. It will tear this country apart, likely, forever.
Esdraelon, you're very welcome and backatcha.

Did Bragg get new info? And so what if he did not. No one is refusing to 'show' charges. The indictment will be unsealed by a Judge.

Neither you nor I actually know what Bragg did in regards to charges. NY City Juries will be fair. Believe in America.

Exactly what would be the argument to the SCOTUS? Trump is a private citizen. He can appeal the judgement within NY, but at a federal level? I've thought of it and cannot fathom the grounds and if the fed courts would have standing/jurisdiction. Would Trump argue a city, county, state prosecutor never be able to investigate criminal activity of a former president?

I doubt Trump would be locked up. He has Secret Service protection. Would they set up a cell block for them? 😃

I believe even a federal convict can run. I'd have to check again. I never believed anyone in Trump's family ever truly loved America. Me? I have family that have bled and died for it.

Trump tore this country apart long ago.

"Huh?" hell... play dumb if you like. Those videos and audio recordings as well as personal testimonies make it crystal clear that Hunter and Joe have been grifting off public service for YEARS. yeah... to the tune of MILLIONS in cash and prizes. HRC broke multiple laws that should have put her in a cell for espionage violations.
Putting the Bad Orange Man in a cell, isn't going to end well.
actually nothing does. You have not been privy to it all.

Oh my! Perfect example of "A hater is gonna hate". President Trump was PRO-AMERICA. There hasn't been a PRO-AMERICA President since Kennedy. That is what matters, not any of this manufactured nonsense that the Chinacrats have been generating for the last seven years. Wake up dude, you're losing your country. That's assuming you are an American.
This is one of your weirdest lies yet

Correction: Thank you Democratic Party that lost it's collective mind when Donald Trump kicked Hillary's ass into the history books.

You mean someone who was unfit for the presidency got it after the majority rejected him because we are still using an 18th Century Anachronism to select presidents?

Oh my! Perfect example of "A hater is gonna hate". President Trump was PRO-AMERICA. There hasn't been a PRO-AMERICA President since Kennedy. That is what matters, not any of this manufactured nonsense that the Chinacrats have been generating for the last seven years. Wake up dude, you're losing your country. That's assuming you are an American.

Yes, Trump is Pro-America.

Unless you happen to be black, Hispanic, Asian, Gay, A woman, transgender or disabled.

Most president's realize they are president of the whole country.

Trump only wants to be president of his followers. The rest of us (the Majority) don't count.

Esdraelon, you're very welcome and backatcha.

Did Bragg get new info? And so what if he did not. No one is refusing to 'show' charges. The indictment will be unsealed by a Judge.

Neither you nor I actually know what Bragg did in regards to charges. NY City Juries will be fair. Believe in America.

Exactly what would be the argument to the SCOTUS? Trump is a private citizen. He can appeal the judgement within NY, but at a federal level? I've thought of it and cannot fathom the grounds and if the fed courts would have standing/jurisdiction. Would Trump argue a city, county, state prosecutor never be able to investigate criminal activity of a former president?

I doubt Trump would be locked up. He has Secret Service protection. Would they set up a cell block for them? 😃

I believe even a federal convict can run. I'd have to check again. I never believed anyone in Trump's family ever truly loved America. Me? I have family that have bled and died for it.

Trump tore this country apart long ago.
There is no doubt dumb Don‘s an asshole. No one in their right mind disputes that. However, there is a larger point here. Don’s predecessors and successor committed far greater crimes. So this prosecution is laughable not that Don doesn’t deserve it, but it’s need to be put in perspective. It’s a political witch hunt.

In addition, Don is capable of causing all matter of crazy should he be found guilty. The consequences of all this might be positive. The whole system could come crashing down.

There is no doubt dumb Don‘s an asshole. No one in their right mind disputes that. However, there is a larger point here. Don’s predecessors and successor committed far greater crimes. So this prosecution is laughable not that Don doesn’t deserve it, but it’s need to be put in perspective. It’s a political witch hunt.

The problem with this "everyone does it" argument is that it was trotted out during Watergate by Nixon's supporters. It's generally not true, and you can't really argue that bad policy (like the Iraq War for instance) constitutes a crime.

To wit. Nixon was impeached for his role in orchestrating the Watergate break in. He was not charged with ordering the bombing of Cambodia, which was a far worse crime, but completely within the scope of his role as Commander in Chief.

Similarly, Clinton was not charged for starting a "Wag the Dog" war in Kosovo, but he was charged with perjury in the case of Monica Lewinsky, and had to pay a fine and give up his law license.

In addition, Don is capable of causing all matter of crazy should he be found guilty. The consequences of all this might be positive. The whole system could come crashing down.
Seriously, what kind of idiot wants anarchy like that?

I suspect some of these idiots might go nuts after he is found guilty, but that's on them.

The reason why the GOP has been able to survive is that they've always considered the movement more important than one man. They cut out McCarthy and Nixon like gangrened fingers when their conduct crossed the line.

Same thing needs to happen with Trump.

The problem with this "everyone does it" argument is that it was trotted out during Watergate by Nixon's supporters. It's generally not true, and you can't really argue that bad policy (like the Iraq War for instance) constitutes a crime.

To wit. Nixon was impeached for his role in orchestrating the Watergate break in. He was not charged with ordering the bombing of Cambodia, which was a far worse crime, but completely within the scope of his role as Commander in Chief.

Similarly, Clinton was not charged for starting a "Wag the Dog" war in Kosovo, but he was charged with perjury in the case of Monica Lewinsky, and had to pay a fine and give up his law license.

Seriously, what kind of idiot wants anarchy like that?

I suspect some of these idiots might go nuts after he is found guilty, but that's on them.

The reason why the GOP has been able to survive is that they've always considered the movement more important than one man. They cut out McCarthy and Nixon like gangrened fingers when their conduct crossed the line.

Same thing needs to happen with Trump.
No. Its true. In fact, most recent presidents have done far worse things than dumb Don. This is indisputable, but Trump haters can’t see it.

Okay. Like what.

Let's just limit it to one guy. What has Obama done that is worse than what Trump did.

Go
Lol. Really? You don’t know? See now this isn’t going work if you’re uninformed.

O is war criminal. If you don’t know this, I can’t help you.

Because Trump is pro America....

that makes up for

picking Wray, Sessions and Barr?
not firing Fauci and others immediately?
not having a clue about Covid and flushing $10 trillion into the shitter?
not figuring out Mike Pentz is a typical ZPF Faux "News" fraud?
Still bragging about the Murderous Fraud Vax?

Gosh the late Bob Uecker was a great baseball player because he was pro america.... nevermind a career 200 hitter....
Hitler was pro-German, and?

New World Order creeps like Bush Sr were working on it long before Trump ever entered politics. In fact every president since him EXCEPT Trump endorsed it and promoted it. Trump threatened to dismantle it which is the exact reason why he keeps on being dragged into bullshit accusations like is happening right now. They will say and do anything they can get away with to preserve their regime.
exactly ........ truer words have rarely been spoken. THE GOP IS DEAD. The Fake GOP and Koch/ALEC murdered the GOP starting with Reagan/Bush.

We are literally under attack by our number one enemy China. Between got-aways and processed illegals, we are bringing in 10,000 PER DAY. We are funding a proxy war with Russia dancing on the edge of a nuclear war. And a third of the country could care less because of some joke indictment on Trump. We really are fukked.

(you mean Couldn't care less, not Could)

But anyhow, I totally agree. And thanks for putting that war thing in the right words, even though so scary to think of.

The keystone cops in the WH (and other parts of DC) are just maniacs/brainless

exactly ........ truer words have rarely been spoken. THE GOP IS DEAD. The Fake GOP and Koch/ALEC murdered the GOP starting with Reagan/Bush.
Exactly. And they really DID try to murder Reagan. That wasn't the act of a single madman. John Hinckley was conditioned by CIA operatives over time. Jodi Foster AND Bush Sr. AND Jodi's father were Yale grads...as in Skull & Bones, which is said to be a front for CIA recruitment. And of course Bush Sr. was director of the CIA. Jodi's father was a high-ranking Air Force officer too. Later he was jailed for some kind of fraud.

There is another case where a daughter of a high ranking military officer played a role in manipulating politicians. Jeri Ryan, the actress who played Seven-of-Nine on Star Trek: Voyager, married Illinois politician Jack Ryan and shortly thereafter when he ran against Barack Obama for a seat in that state, she suddenly accused him of all kinds sexual defiance and perversion costing him the race. Obama won that election which eventually springboarded him into the presidential race. RINO McCain helped him with that, and later Mitt Romney helped him into his second term by pulling the same self-sabotaging tactics at the "bottom of the ninth" that McCain did. Obama was the most pre-Ordained president ever in history. His legacy is alive and strong with his retarded (albeit white) Siamese twin in office right now.

Forum List

Back