Time to hold police accountable

Where is your evidence race played a role?
This was not a violent criminal issue. They were there to question this man about a fraud. Do you really believe that if he had been white, they would have been so violent with him? I don't.

That's because you're incredibly naive

Turds who don't even hold criminals accountable telling us how police should be held accountable?

Do I smell LEFTISTS?
You’re missing the point. Hold him accountable by fining him, or whatever the law says the punishment is. Don’t drive your knee into his neck until he dies!
There is no law so trivial that police will not kill you in order to enforce it.

This is essentially a racial issue: a hate crime. These police need to be held accountable, no doubt. They need to be tried for murder.
Where is your evidence race played a role?
No proof at all. Still:
  • I tend to think that Blacks are more likely to resist arrest than whites. Maybe because they perceive more injustice, maybe because they feel entitled, that makes some cops arrest harder, which makes blacks see more hard arrests, which makes them protest police brutality louder, which makes other resist more often, which makes cops arrest harder.
  • We all know that the only reason why anyone objected to Obama was because he was BLACK. He was such a lovely man. Had he been White, those racist republicans would have never objected to a single thing he said or did. :71:

It’s time for the American people to hold police accountable for their actions. All four cops need to be charged with murder. This cop had his knee on a mans neck and choked him to death for no reason. The cop had his hands in his pockets the whole time. George Floyd repeatedly said that he couldn’t breathe, at one point even calling out to his mother for help. The only way this will stop is if we all stand together and demand more from our law enforcement officers. Too many people are being killed over petty crimes. The man was charged with forgery. He did not deserve to die.

Specifically how are they NOT being held accountable?

Anyway, hold your horse and don't go shooting cops until you know exactly what happened.
There are worse fates than death, this you can believe. It is the end result of every path. Have you ever had PTSD? Watching some one die over and over in my head knowing I had done nothing would be a fate worse than death. I would never be able to look in a mirror again.
Everyone dies. Some people live in fear and wait for death. Others would rather die doing something meaningful like saving a life than lying in bed waiting for cancer to eat them. It's all about personal choice.

You’re missing the point. Hold him accountable by fining him, or whatever the law says the punishment is. Don’t drive your knee into his neck until he dies!

He certainly did not deserve to die. Instead of fighting the police, perhaps he was high on crystal meth, who knows, all he had to do was comply with their instructions.

It’s time for the American people to hold police accountable for their actions. All four cops need to be charged with murder. This cop had his knee on a mans neck and choked him to death for no reason. The cop had his hands in his pockets the whole time. George Floyd repeatedly said that he couldn’t breathe, at one point even calling out to his mother for help. The only way this will stop is if we all stand together and demand more from our law enforcement officers. Too many people are being killed over petty crimes. The man was charged with forgery. He did not deserve to die.
I'm not going to play stupid. I want to see the entire video and police body cams before I make an opinion.

He certainly did not deserve to die. Instead of fighting the police, perhaps he was high on crystal meth, who knows, all he had to do was comply with their instructions.
at the time of his death he was,,,,

Cops are well trained in self-preservation with little "respect" for thugs or the self-righteous.
Maybe we ought to send them over to the Middle East to train our Special Forces and Navy Seals! Judging by what I've seen and know of cops who empty their guns at car chases and only hit their target one or two times, or shoot a guy 15 more times after he's already down and not moving in a pool of blood, and tend to be rather jumpy these days, I tend to disagree. I tend to see many police as way UNDER-trained these days, projecting fear and caution and mistrust rather than warmth, and rely on projecting a strong front as a bluff because they rely upon fear as crowd control.

Whatever exactly happened here, if this kind of stuff keeps up, eventually some day, there will be a mob of people NOT afraid, against 5 armed police, or in that crowd there might be 5 armed, well-trained citizens who have simply had enough. It's not going to end well.

The police MUST maintain control.

The citizenry MUST seek justice.

There aren't enough cops in all the world to control 320 million Americans if they get mad enough, especially as they own 300 million guns and a trillion rounds of ammunition.

The FAR saner alternative to CIVILITY. Civil populous, police well-trained, certain boundaries set, and held accountable.

Cops are well trained in self-preservation with little "respect" for thugs or the self-righteous.
Maybe we ought to send them over to the Middle East to train our Special Forces and Navy Seals! Judging by what I've seen and know of cops who empty their guns at car chases and only hit their target one or two times, or shoot a guy 15 more times after he's already down and not moving in a pool of blood, and tend to be rather jumpy these days, I tend to disagree. I tend to see many police as way UNDER-trained these days, projecting fear and caution and mistrust rather than warmth, and rely on projecting a strong front as a bluff because they rely upon fear as crowd control.

Whatever exactly happened here, if this kind of stuff keeps up, eventually some day, there will be a mob of people NOT afraid, against 5 armed police, or in that crowd there might be 5 armed, well-trained citizens who have simply had enough. It's not going to end well.

There aren't enough cops in all the world to control 320 million Americans if they get mad enough, especially as they own 300 million guns and a trillion rounds of ammunition.

The FAR saner alternative to CIVILITY. Civil populous, police well-trained, certain boundaries set, and held accountable.
Go ahead and pull a gun on a cop. As the in the old country song covered by Johnny Winter, "Ain't Nothing to Me".

Specifically how are they NOT being held accountable?
Specifically, by horrible misuse and abuse of the qualified immunity doctrine. And by police unions using their influence to protect and provide cover for gangster cops.

If a man can speak to say "I can't breathe", he can breathe. Breathing is necessary for speaking.
:icon_rolleyes: :cuckoo:
That's just stupid. When a person being choked or suffering from positional asphyxiation utters the figure of speech "I can't breathe", they mean that they can't breathe freely. The "freely" part is insinuated. Anyone who is not a fucking retard knows that.

From the link;
"The nine principles were as follows:

1. To prevent crime and disorder, as an alternative to their repression by military force and severity of legal punishment.
  2. To recognise always that the power of the police to fulfil their functions and duties is dependent on public approval of their existence, actions and behaviour, and on their ability to secure and maintain public respect.
  3. To recognise always that to secure and maintain the respect and approval of the public means also the securing of the willing co-operation of the public in the task of securing observance of laws.
  4. To recognise always that the extent to which the co-operation of the public can be secured diminishes proportionately the necessity of the use of physical force and compulsion for achieving police objectives.
  5. To seek and preserve public favour, not by pandering to public opinion, but by constantly demonstrating absolutely impartial service to law, in complete independence of policy, and without regard to the justice or injustice of the substance of individual laws, by ready offering of individual service and friendship to all members of the public without regard to their wealth or social standing, by ready exercise of courtesy and friendly good humour, and by ready offering of individual sacrifice in protecting and preserving life.
  6. To use physical force only when the exercise of persuasion, advice and warning is found to be insufficient to obtain public co-operation to an extent necessary to secure observance of law or to restore order, and to use only the minimum degree of physical force which is necessary on any particular occasion for achieving a police objective.
  7. To maintain at all times a relationship with the public that gives reality to the historic tradition that the police are the public and that the public are the police, the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full-time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.
  8. To recognise always the need for strict adherence to police-executive functions, and to refrain from even seeming to usurp the powers of the judiciary, of avenging individuals or the State, and of authoritatively judging guilt and punishing the guilty.
  9. To recognise always that the test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, and not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with them."

I subdue and physically restrain people all the time; it's part of my job. Once you have control, you transition to a restraint hold that secures limbs, and keep them pinned while avoiding putting pressure on the head, neck, or torso as much as possible. You don't stay kneeling on a person's neck that long, and judging by the position of the cop's ankle and foot, he was applying way too much pressure. Cop was wrong, period. Other cop was wrong for not stopping him.

As to getting involved and stopping this, there are a lot of other things that could have been done rather than pulling a gun on the cops; that needs to be a last resort, because once you go down that road, there ain't no going back.
You need the cop off the guy's neck right? Take yourself and your carry gun a half a block up the street, find a safe backstop and crank off 3 or 4 or 10 rounds....... those cops will come and see what the fuck is going on, and if they're doing that, then they're not kneeling on the guy anymore.
You could also walk to the front of their vehicle that they are next to, and start smashing out the lights and the windshield, and then run.......again, they will get up off the guy and come after you.
Or shit, just pepper spray that chubby bitch cop in front of you and I bet his sadist partner will get up off the guy and come to his aid, and then he's off the guy's neck, right?

But you don't start shooting cops unless you're ready, willing, and able to go full on, balls out, war to the knife revolution...... and I ain't going there for some street mutt I don't even know.

next youre going to say he died from the corona,,,
1590609327890.png

Forum List

Back