Throttle control modules........has anyone used one?

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
I've got a 2008 Honda Civic EX-L sedan, and have been thinking about getting a throttle control module to increase the initial acceleration on my car. It's decent, but it could be faster getting up to speed. Throttle control units are supposed to get rid of the "lag" between putting your foot on the gas and the engine responding. And, from everything I've read, apparently while it doesn't increase horsepower or (more importantly) do anything that can damage your engine, it does make the signal from your gas pedal get to your engine a lot faster, resulting in much quicker acceleration.

I've compared several different types, and the two that I've decided on are either Pedal Commander or Shiftpower Throttle Control module, as they seem to be the top 2 on the market right now, as well as have the best warranties as compared to everyone else.

Leaning towards the Shiftpower control module, as they seem to have more "fine tuning' than Pedal Commander, as well as a better Bluetooth app. Also, they have a 3 year warranty vs. Pedal Commander's 1 year. I also like Shiftpower's valet (limits throttle to 15 to 45 percent), and its anti theft mode (locks the gas pedal to 0 so that you can't drive the car off). Then, there's the fact that Shiftpower is only 200, where Pedal Commander is 300.

So, my question is, has anyone on here ever used a throttle control module on their car? And, if so, how much does it really improve acceleration, and was it worth it to you?

Forum List

Back