Three women dead in family shootout

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
>> When police pulled up to the manicured Houston subdivision Friday evening, after a flood of 911 calls directing them there, they found two young women lying in the street, their bodies bleeding from bullet wounds.

Nearby stood their mother, 42-year-old Christy Sheats. In her hand, she held a gun.

Authorities demanded that she drop her weapon, according to the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office, but she refused. An officer with the Fulshear Police Department opened fire and shot the mother dead.

Sheats’s husband and the girls’ father, Jason Sheats, watched the carnage unfold from afar. Friday was his birthday, neighbors told ABC affiliate KTRK-TV. The couple had recently reunited after a marital separation, they said. The father was uninjured, police told reporters, but he was so distraught that he was taken to a local hospital for evaluation. <<​

(Article here, includes a news video which for me at least does not play)

A bit of background from later down the page:

>> Records obtained by the Chronicle show that authorities had visited the family home multiple times, but the sheriff would not disclose why. A representative with his office told People magazine that the calls were for “previous altercations” involving the mother’s “mental crisis.”

... In 2014, she posted a different photo, in which the girls were hugging, alongside a bible verse, James 1:17: “Every good and perfect gift is from above,” she wrote, quoting the verse. She added: “Today I am thankful for my two perfect gifts! They are very best friends — they make me so very proud to be their mother.”

Christy Sheats wrote often online about her faith, and on several occasions she posted about her support of the Second Amendment and her right to bear arms.

“I have 10 guns. Obama wants 8 of my guns. How many guns do I have?” said one meme, over a photo of bullets and a gun. “That’s right, I have 10 guns.” <<
Apparently it only took one.

Two innocents, 17 and 22, gunned down in their prime, and an obviously sick perpetrator killed by police.

Nobody left to answer any questions.

The fruits of a culture of violence. :(

>> When police pulled up to the manicured Houston subdivision Friday evening, after a flood of 911 calls directing them there, they found two young women lying in the street, their bodies bleeding from bullet wounds.

Nearby stood their mother, 42-year-old Christy Sheats. In her hand, she held a gun.

Authorities demanded that she drop her weapon, according to the Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office, but she refused. An officer with the Fulshear Police Department opened fire and shot the mother dead.

Sheats’s husband and the girls’ father, Jason Sheats, watched the carnage unfold from afar. Friday was his birthday, neighbors told ABC affiliate KTRK-TV. The couple had recently reunited after a marital separation, they said. The father was uninjured, police told reporters, but he was so distraught that he was taken to a local hospital for evaluation. <<​

>> Records obtained by the Chronicle show that authorities had visited the family home multiple times, but the sheriff would not disclose why. A representative with his office told People magazine that the calls were for “previous altercations” involving the mother’s “mental crisis.”

... In 2014, she posted a different photo, in which the girls were hugging, alongside a bible verse, James 1:17: “Every good and perfect gift is from above,” she wrote, quoting the verse. She added: “Today I am thankful for my two perfect gifts! They are very best friends — they make me so very proud to be their mother.”

Christy Sheats wrote often online about her faith, and on several occasions she posted about her support of the Second Amendment and her right to bear arms.

“I have 10 guns. Obama wants 8 of my guns. How many guns do I have?” said one meme, over a photo of bullets and a gun. “That’s right, I have 10 guns.” <<

Two innocents, 17 and 22, gunned down in their prime, and an obviously sick perpetrator killed by police.

The fruits of a culture of violence, eh? You've got it all figured out then. How nice for you.

Damn guns! Idiot alert^^^^**

The article said she had mental problems.
So would that make this the culture of crazy?

The article said she had mental problems.
So would that make this the culture of crazy?
So once again

white christian = blames it on mental illness

people of color= thugs and terrorists

But this incident is no big deal, since their is no way to use inflammatory language against one of your own..

We've already had a couple threads on this.
Keep up.

I searched back to before the story was posted in the wee hours. Found nothing at all.

Forum List

Back