theists, please give us the creation of man theory

not by a snapping of a God’s supernatural fingers.
Finally, you have something correct. Genesis says nothing about God snapping His fingers or an instantaneous creation. If you believe Genesis describes instantaneous creation, you are either badly misinformed or are jumping to a conclusion based on your own understanding of modern day English (which is not the original language of Genesis).

The Genesis tale of creation relies on supernatural intervention, so yes, one or more supernatural gods creating things requires supernaturalism.
Please pinpoint a specific place that you are interpreting as "supernatural intervention".

To answer this, apply them to the model of perfection, God. If the Bible is the “word of God”, what part of God’s word is literal and what parts did the Gods presume we would derive by intent?
Start with what you know of the world. For example, do you know that snakes do not speak a human language? Are you saying only a few humans throughout history knew that snakes do not speak a human language?

The Gods must have known that people’s perceptions, fears, biases would lead people to differing perceptions and intent. Thinking things over can produce different conclusions for different people.
What is wrong with that? We may be one people, but we are also unique individuals. If God wanted a cookie stamp creation, He could have created us all to look like, think alike, and march lockstep with one another. Is that the kind of civilization you want: People looking alike, thinking alike, and marching lockstep with one another?

I disagree about Genesis being “a picture of how the planet, as we know it, evolved into being.” The planet has evolved into being with the coalescing of debris and matter aided by gravity, not by a snapping of a God’s supernatural fingers.
Ah, but Genesis comes in a step later. (Remember the givens of water, wind, land, intelligence.) It speaks of a time when water and wind covered everything that was to become our planet. Or do you believe water simply suddenly appeared in designated areas?
I have to remember the givens you describe are supernaturally supplied givens. Where did the water come from if not supplied by a supernatural agent?

Wind across the planet is a function of convection currents created by heating and cooling of the planets’ surface and atmosphere and influenced by the rotation and tilt of the planet. If the sun wasn’t created until late in the creation process, was there no wind before day four? Why was that God’s intent?

Religion itself is the science of non-existent entities.
Not quite. It is more or less the 'science' of that which is not physical. Science is the study of what is physical. Religion is more a philosophy of how our spirit interacts with the physical body and the physical world.

could a theist please give us a concise theory of creation of man....in about 10 sentences
IF you have one
thank you

Read the Bible. That's the account of testimony. If you want proof, then prove this,

All of the Flavians had rather poor relations with the Senate due to their autocratic rule;

Prove that the relations are actually poor.

To answer this, apply them to the model of perfection, God. If the Bible is the “word of God”, what part of God’s word is literal and what parts did the Gods presume we would derive by intent?
Start with what you know of the world. For example, do you know that snakes do not speak a human language? Are you saying only a few humans throughout history knew that snakes do not speak a human language?
Snakes apparently did speak a human language. They apparently abruptly stopped after that fruit theft incident. Why is that? What was God’s intent?

I have to remember the givens you describe are supernaturally supplied givens. Where did the water come from if not supplied by a supernatural agent?
No. You have to remember that Genesis was written by ancient man who does not discuss where land (dust), water, wind, intelligence come from. A basic inference is that they were always there, and that just as we see today, matter comes from matter (forms and disintegrates and then reforms) and intelligence comes from intelligence. It has been said that all the water here on earth now has been here since the planet's formation.

In any case, Genesis does not discuss nothingness. It begins with some things simply being present: Land, Water, Wind, Intelligence. That is where the story begins.

Religion itself is the science of non-existent entities.
Not quite. It is more or less the 'science' of that which is not physical. Science is the study of what is physical. Religion is more a philosophy of how our spirit interacts with the physical body and the physical world.
I’m not sure I agree with above. I have a description physical sciences on my hard drive just not sure where I got it from.

I can’t find the link for the following but the description is accurate:
“Physical sciences are a branch of natural science that studies non-living systems, in contrast to life science. It in turn has many branches, each referred to as a "physical science", together called the "physical sciences".

Sorry, but I needed more than 10 lines:

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.

5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.”

7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so.

8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so.

10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so.

12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years,

15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so.

16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.

17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth,

18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good.

19And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.”

21So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.”

23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so.

25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.
When did God start making deformed and retarded babies?
I never heard that one before from you. :lol:
You STILL have no answer. :biggrin:
Saying I have no answer doesn't make it true.
You think deformed and retarded babies are a good thing. That's even worse than having no answer.

Wind across the planet is a function of convection currents created by heating and cooling of the planets’ surface and atmosphere and influenced by the rotation and tilt of the planet. If the sun wasn’t created until late in the creation process, was there no wind before day four? Why was that God’s intent?
Go back to the creation of a solar system. It begins with dust particles, friction (which creates heat). It does not begin with a sun and neatly aligned planets. The heat will eventually produce light, will it not? But the formation of the entire solar system is still well into the future at that point.

Keep in mind, I am interested in what early man was describing and why he began at the point where wind, water, land, and intelligence were the focal points. You know what I, personally, believe most interested early man? The water. I could be wrong, but water, throughout time, history, and religion, has been thought of as life giving.

No. You have to remember that Genesis was written by ancient man who does not discuss where land (dust), water, wind, intelligence come from. A basic inference is that they were always there, and that just as we see today, matter comes from matter (forms and disintegrates and then reforms) and intelligence comes from intelligence. It has been said that all the water here on earth now has been here since the planet's formation.

In any case, Genesis does not discuss nothingness. It begins with some things simply being present: Land, Water, Wind, Intelligence. That is where the story begins.
I’m not so sure about the above. Genesis describes creation of the heavens and earth, a formless void, darkness.

The intent™️was nothingness, hence a formless void. The intent clearly is delineated in the literal description. I see nothing about “dark and hazy, the planet is already here”.

I see nothing to corroborate your inference.

Snakes apparently did speak a human language. They apparently abruptly stopped after that fruit theft incident. Why is that? What was God’s intent?
You are the one who believes in talking snakes. You tell me. Do you believe in talking donkeys as well?

I believe that early man was a great storyteller, spoke and wrote in pictures, which means pictures is how early humans communicated with one another.

In terms of the origin of universe, whatever "science" can come up with is not scientifically falsifiable. This means science itself already gave up to begin with. If you have a theory, science can't tell if it's true or false.

Humans on the other hand rely mostly on testimonies to get to a historical truth. Genesis is about a human testimony on what a God told humans. It remains the only way for humans to possibly get to a truth as humans didn't live that time. If a God exists and witnessed, then humans can get to this truth when this God told them. As for science, nothing is falsifiable. This means if a theory is true about the origin, science can't tell. If such a theory is false, science can't tell either.

not by a snapping of a God’s supernatural fingers.
Finally, you have something correct. Genesis says nothing about God snapping His fingers or an instantaneous creation. If you believe Genesis describes instantaneous creation, you are either badly misinformed or are jumping to a conclusion based on your own understanding of modern day English (which is not the original language of Genesis).
Unless you are going to re-write the Bible, you might want to read what is actually in the Bible. The very first line of Genesis identifies God. How do you take from that, Genesis saying nothing about God?

Genesis does not describe instantaneous creation but days in which certain tasks were undertaken.

I’m not so sure about the above. Genesis describes creation of the heavens and earth, a formless void, darkness.
Again a problem with modern English, particularly the word 'void'. Some translations use the word 'abyss' which is a big better. Even so, remember that 'void' comes from the word meaning "unoccupied" not necessarily "empty". 'Abyss' means bottomless, but also comes from the ancients referencing the primordial ocean.

You are the one who believes in talking snakes. You tell me. Do you believe in talking donkeys as well?

I believe that early man was a great storyteller, spoke and wrote in pictures, which means pictures is how early humans communicated with one another.
I’m actually not the one who believes in talking snakes, supernaturalism or Gods. I’m the one who accepts reality as all encompassing and has no need for the supernatural realm. This is the "rational" (within the bounds of reason exclusively) worldview.

I’m the one who wants to clearly define terms and definitions define and not drop them in favor of what –rumor and superstition?

see nothing about “dark and hazy, the planet is already here”.

I see nothing to corroborate your inference.
Keep reading the Genesis account. I have a feeling your preference is the good ol' St. James translation which is not that good. None-the-less iyour vers still talks about darkness being on the face of the deep and God's spirit (in better translations, 'wind') moving over the waters.

Sorry, but I needed more than 10 lines:

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.

5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.”

7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so.

8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so.

10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so.

12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years,

15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so.

16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.

17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth,

18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good.

19And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.”

21So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.”

23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so.

25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.
God made plants and shit before the sun?
How does that work?
Primordial energy was far more beneficial to life than the sun.
The sun was a downgrade.

Forum List

Back