theists, please give us the creation of man theory

Sorry, but I needed more than 10 lines:

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.

5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.”

7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so.

8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so.

10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so.

12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years,

15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so.

16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.

17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth,

18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good.

19And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.”

21So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.

22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.”

23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so.

25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.
When did God start making deformed and retarded babies?
I never heard that one before from you. :lol:
You STILL have no answer. :biggrin:
Saying I have no answer doesn't make it true.

"It's God's will". That's the general fallback.

By the way, which of the 3,000+ gods we've followed in human history are we talking about here?
Seems like a foolish argument to me.
Why? People believed in those other gods with as much passion and sincerity as you do yours.
Why? Because arguing that there are different perceptions of God means there is no God is illogical.

By the way, which of the 3,000+ gods we've followed in human history are we talking about here?
Why? People believed in those other gods with as much passion and sincerity as you do yours.
Why? Because arguing that there are different perceptions of God means there is no God is illogical.
But I'm not making that argument. I don't claim to know.

Well, yes. If you presume the Bible is true and then proceed to prove the Bible is true because you believe the Bible is true you can certainly confirm your truths as absolute and unassailable.
Who said I presume the Bible is accurate? That is your presumption. Remember, it is you, not I, who take the Bible literally. During our last discussion I was trying to get across to you, a great many of us do not. Until you understand that, you are not going to understand my points.
I don’t remember claiming that I take the Bible literally. Although, once anyone strays from literal interpretation, one enters that realm of subjective interpretation.

How does anyone learn more about the Genesis fable? How do we test for the gods to study supernatural creation?
What is supernatural creation? Probably doesn't matter. It is not what I am discussing.
Supernatural creation is creation by a supernatural entity. The Genesis fable of creation is outside of the natural world. Creation of the planet, universe etc., outside of natural means by a supernatural agent is supernatural creation.

So what difference does it make to you how many different religions there are?

Well, yes. If you presume the Bible is true and then proceed to prove the Bible is true because you believe the Bible is true you can certainly confirm your truths as absolute and unassailable.
Who said I presume the Bible is accurate? That is your presumption. Remember, it is you, not I, who take the Bible literally. During our last discussion I was trying to get across to you, a great many of us do not. Until you understand that, you are not going to understand my points.
I don’t remember claiming that I take the Bible literally. Although, once anyone strays from literal interpretation, one enters that realm of subjective interpretation.
Hollie, all of your unrealistic perceptions of God originate with reading scripture literally.

Because I find ideology absolutely fascinating. Is that okay?

Although, once anyone strays from literal interpretation, one enters that realm of subjective interpretation.
Ironically, a literal interpretation is subjective. That is why intent takes precedence.

How does anyone learn more about the Genesis fable? How do we test for the gods to study supernatural creation?
What is supernatural creation? Probably doesn't matter. It is not what I am discussing.
Supernatural creation is creation by a supernatural entity. The Genesis fable of creation is outside of the natural world. Creation of the planet, universe etc., outside of natural means by a supernatural agent is supernatural creation.
You do realize that the universe literally popped into existence and began to expand and cool, right?

I do too. And unlike atheists, I don't have to disagree with everything single thing other religions believe. So to be clear, it doesn't make any difference to you how many different religions there are?

Do you find the origin questions fascinating too?

The Genesis fable of creation is outside of the natural world.

How so? It is a picture of how the planet, as we know it, evolved into being. It can only be interpreted as "supernatural" when readers of modern English forget the Hebrew word for "period of time that had a beginning and an end" was often used to describe day. In other places it was used to describe years, decades, even centuries. Genesis describes the phases of creation. What is supernatural about that?

Native American Creation Stories
These two Native American creation stories are among thousands of accounts for the origins of the world. The Salinian and Cherokee, from what we now call California and the American southeast respectively, both exhibit the common Native American tendency to locate spiritual power in the natural world. For both Native Americans and Europeans, the collision of two continents challenged old ideas and created new ones as well.

Salinan Indian Creation Story

When the world was finished, there were as yet no people, but the Bald Eagle was the chief of the animals. He saw the world was incomplete and decided to make some human beings. So he took some clay and modeled the figure of a man and laid him on the ground. At first he was very small but grew rapidly until he reached normal size. But as yet he had no life; he was still asleep. Then the Bald Eagle stood and admired his work. “It is impossible,” said he, “that he should be left alone; he must have a mate.” So he pulled out a feather and laid it beside the sleeping man. Then he left them and went off a short distance, for he knew that a woman was being formed from the feather. But the man was still asleep and did not know what was happening. When the Bald Eagle decided that the woman was about completed, he returned, awoke the man by flapping his wings over him and flew away.

---------------------------
perhaps the OP wants Native American stories!!

I do too. And unlike atheists, I don't have to disagree with everything single thing other religions believe. So to be clear, it doesn't make any difference to you how many different religions there are?

Correct, I don't care how many religions there are or have been, and the questions of our origin are always fascinating.

Correct, I don't care how many religions there are or have been, and the questions of our origin are always fascinating.
Great. So how did we get here?

First and foremost, I don't claim to know.

I suspect it's more a function of chemistry & biology than divinity, but the "Big Bang" theory doesn't satisfy.

Very doubtful that I'll know in my lifetime, and I can deal with that.

I suspect it's more a function of chemistry & biology than divinity, but the "Big Bang" theory doesn't satisfy.

So you have no position on the universe being created from nothing? Or man arising from that creation?

So you have no position on the universe being created from nothing? Or man arising from that creation?
As I said, I don't know. I lean the way I mentioned, but that's about it.

Forum List

Back