theists, please give us the creation of man theory

How does God , Jesus keep you in line?? By promising heaven if you are good.
I believe you know better. First, if this kept people in line, evil would not exist. Second, people are very good at convincing themselves they have a very good reason for doing what they did. It is also interesting that people who believe in heaven and hell think they and their loved ones will be there--it is just "those others" who will not be. Very few people worry that they will end up in hell--because if they did, we would see an entirely different type of behavior in this world.

Next, think of all the people who were promised heaven and are atheists. I know at least one atheist who is in heaven (or an after life)--i.e., or to you simply a delusion. ;)

but you can't prove supernatural anything.....so you can't prove the supernatural created anything = you would be studying nothing
And yet you cannot prove the opposite, either. The point being, no man/woman knows the answers to these questions. Faith in god or faith in science, it's still just faith.
point and fact is you can't prove there is a god --so no god
WRONG--there's no faith in science

men DID create gods
Man created/invoked many gods throughout history to make sense of things they were unable to explain.
Science has explained some of those things, but is left wanting on others.
That neither proves nor disproves the existence of a higher power, regardless of the name we give it.
How did replicating life begin?
if you can't prove there is a higher power--it's not there
and saying ''you can't disprove it'' is ridiculous
either you prove it's there or you are babbling
I can say all kinds of things like:
jesus served me breakfast on the moon--you can't disprove that, can you?
Yeah because you have no way to get to the moon let alone exist there. God won't allow it.
wrong--you didn't disprove it
Fake news, of course i did, even idiots know there aren't any restaurants on the moon. But, I mean, you are talking abouts earths moon right? Not like some other moon that does have them, right?

The only way we can by studying what was created.
:dance:
Reverse engineering an automobile does not disprove the existence of Henry Ford.
Yeah, I know Ford didn't invent the automobile, but my point stands.
ridiculous--whatever your point is.....we know there was a Henry Ford...we know there are automobiles
automobiles are not life
very silly

but you can't prove supernatural anything.....so you can't prove the supernatural created anything = you would be studying nothing
And yet you cannot prove the opposite, either. The point being, no man/woman knows the answers to these questions. Faith in god or faith in science, it's still just faith.
I believe through human reason the existence of God can be known.

Of course it's a lot easier to just test whether or not one's life is better with or without God in it.

I believe men created gods, they thought the storm gods were angry with them, like Evans do now.
Amazing what we continue to learn about everything, about the planet, about the life on the planet, about God. However, we all reach a point where we determine for ourselves, "Okay, I know enough about tomatoes (or God)--onto other interests!"

Of course it's a lot easier to just test whether or not one's life is better with or without God in it.
thank you---you believe ..finally

I have no desire to prove the existence of god. That being said, it's a logical fallacy to say that just because you can't prove something means it doesn't exist. It could be just beyond your cognitive abilities to recognize.
You seem to have faith in it to explain the beginning of life.

thank you---you believe ..finally
You are making less sense than you usually do. ;)

Just remember... It's not an accident that a universe being created from nothing with the laws of nature hardwired to produce intelligence popped into existence. And that at anytime you can test whether your life is better with God in it or without God in it.

In all fairness, "better" is a subjective state, determined by individual perception. I do believe that people who believe in a benevolent higher power are generally happier in life and treat others better than those who have no spiritual accountability for their actions.

I have no desire to prove the existence of god. That being said, it's a logical fallacy to say that just because you can't prove something means it doesn't exist. It could be just beyond your cognitive abilities to recognize.
You seem to have faith in it to explain the beginning of life.
1. you can't prove it
2. so, you can't prove it--but it's there????!!!??THAT'S illogical

What I mean by I'm intelligent enough to know:
-that storms are not from the Gods
- that I don't talk to anyone but myself, I don't imagine voices of Jesus or delusions.
- that illness or death is from god.
- that I do not believe in the devil, but I think evil exists.
- and I don't believe everything that happens is for a master grand plan.
- and I don't believe in heaven or hell.
- etc.
  • Most know storms are not sent by God(s).
  • If someone feels God speaks (inspires) them, they are delusional. Not a chance you are not listening/hearing. (Listening in the figurative sense)
  • Most know illness/death have a physical cause
  • Most agree evil exists
You are not so very different from everyone else. As far as a Master Plan: Over the eons, do you see growth in mankind? Or, are we the same as we have always been.

The better question is not over a belief in heaven/hell but whether one believes in the afterlife. For example, I have a friend who believes that spirits, just like water, rise, mix together, and then return (probably in many different forms) to life on earth. Unlike reincarnation, this is not the entire spirit returning as a cockroach, for example, but that like water in a cloud it mixes and part might return as a snowflake, sleet, hail, etc, while another part returns as rain or mist. In other words, an entirely different spirit as it combines with other spirits.

None of this supports reasoning that people make things up in order to make themselves behave. I have found people do as they want. Some want to behave and some do not. Either group can sometimes be convinced to misbehave or to behave when normally their choice might be different.

“Most agree evil exists“

Oh, come on. That’s ridiculous. You’re assigning attributes such as intent, will and a personality to “evil” where none exist. Evil is not some entity stalking about looking for a victim.

People do what we describe as evil things. We assign labels to people’s actions.

In all fairness, "better" is a subjective state, determined by individual perception. I do believe that people who believe in a benevolent higher power are generally happier in life and treat others better than those who have no spiritual accountability for their actions.
the christians TORTURED people who didn't believe what they did
the christians denigrated Galileo for the same thing
I don't believe in god and I'm very happy
..please read what you said:
''I believe that people ......'' AGAIN--you have no proof to back up your claims
..prove it or it is babble

Yes, but each person is qualified to make that determination for themselves. I submit that it isn't even close. That understanding the interconnectedness and purpose and role we play literally alters the fabric of our existence and leads to happiness and peace through the storm.

1. you can't prove it
Correct.
2. so, you can't prove it--but it's there????!!!??THAT'S illogical
That's not what I said. Lack of proof neither proves nor disproves existence.
IOW, your lack of proof does not mean something beyond your comprehension does not exist.
Many religious people point to life and love as proof of a higher power.
Does love exist?
Can you prove it one way or the other?

the christians TORTURED people who didn't believe what they did
the christians denigrated Galileo for the same thing
I don't believe in god and I'm very happy
..please read what you said:
''I believe that people ......'' AGAIN--you have no proof to back up your claims
..prove it or it is babble
Let me explain this in Darwinian terms. According to natural selection there are two main components; functional advantage and transfer of functional advantage to the next generation. So even natural selection confirms that spirituality is a behavior which leads to success. Otherwise, according to natural selection, it would have been abandoned long ago. As mankind has gained more and more knowledge of his natural surroundings his desire for spirituality has not diminished. In fact, the more materialistic he became the less satisfied he became. Just look at yourself.

Forum List

Back