theists, please give us the creation of man theory

1. you can't prove it
Correct.
2. so, you can't prove it--but it's there????!!!??THAT'S illogical
That's not what I said. Lack of proof neither proves nor disproves existence.
IOW, your lack of proof does not mean something beyond your comprehension does not exist.
Many religious people point to life and love as proof of a higher power.
Does love exist?
Can you prove it one way or the other?
1. first--define love
2. again, you did not prove there is a god = no god
what do you think this is??? fairytale time or bible school time with people LOVING each other/etc??? this is reality......either prove it or it's nothing but a fairytale

it's no assertion .....there is no --are no god/gods
I know better. (And yes, the proper word is 'know' not 'believe'). What I see as an insurmountable obstacle with many atheists is that they think Theists see God the same way they see them, yet believe anyway--or that they dismiss what they should see about God. And here we are at a standstill. Trying to explain God to an atheist is like trying to explain pink to a blind person. No one is to blame for this, it is merely the reality to be accepted. The difference is that most blind people accept you really do discern pink, and they cannot. However, many atheists will not accept that someone else can discern what they cannot. The best some can do is pityingly think, "delusional". Just the way it is.

1. you can't prove it
Correct.
2. so, you can't prove it--but it's there????!!!??THAT'S illogical
That's not what I said. Lack of proof neither proves nor disproves existence.
IOW, your lack of proof does not mean something beyond your comprehension does not exist.
Many religious people point to life and love as proof of a higher power.
Does love exist?
Can you prove it one way or the other?
1. first--define love
what do you think this is??? fairytale time or bible school time with people LOVING each other/etc??? this is reality......either prove it or it's nothing but a fairytale
None of that matters because you can test for yourself if your life is better with or without God in your life.

You can prove it for yourself, dummy.

Of course it's a lot easier to just test whether or not one's life is better with or without God in it.
In all fairness, "better" is a subjective state, determined by individual perception. I do believe that people who believe in a benevolent higher power are generally happier in life and treat others better than those who have no spiritual accountability for their actions.
the christians TORTURED people who didn't believe what they did
the christians denigrated Galileo for the same thing
I don't believe in god and I'm very happy
..please read what you said:
''I believe that people ......'' AGAIN--you have no proof to back up your claims
..prove it or it is babble
Let me explain this in Darwinian terms. According to natural selection there are two main components; functional advantage and transfer of functional advantage to the next generation. So even natural selection confirms that spirituality is a behavior which leads to success. Otherwise, according to natural selection, it would have been abandoned long ago. As mankind has gained more and more knowledge of his natural surroundings his desire for spirituality has not diminished. In fact, the more materialistic he b
..ecame the less satisfied he became. Just look at yourself.
wooooohoooooo
you PROVE my point!!!!!! = you provide NO evidence --AGAIN--like catman!!!! ..the people with less $$$$ are less happy/commit crime/etc
...you people provide NO proof whatsoever

my PROOF!!!:
''''Having less wealth puts a strain on individuals and families'''',

..you people are so worried about heaven and hell, that it strains you/etc
...I'm good to go --no worries about heaven and hell/sinning/etc
ahahahhahahahahhahahah

Of course it's a lot easier to just test whether or not one's life is better with or without God in it.
In all fairness, "better" is a subjective state, determined by individual perception. I do believe that people who believe in a benevolent higher power are generally happier in life and treat others better than those who have no spiritual accountability for their actions.
''I believe that people ......'' AGAIN--you have no proof to back up your claims
Let me explain this in Darwinian terms. According to natural selection there are two main components; functional advantage and transfer of functional advantage to the next generation. So even natural selection confirms that spirituality is a behavior which leads to success. Otherwise, according to natural selection, it would have been abandoned long ago. As mankind has gained more and more knowledge of his natural surroundings his desire for spirituality has not diminished. In fact, the more materialistic he b
wooooohoooooo
you PROVE my point!!!!!! = you provide NO evidence --AGAIN--like catman!!!! ..the people with less $$$$ are less happy/commit crime/etc

my PROOF!!!:

ahahahhahahahahhahahah
It's not an accident that a universe being created from nothing with the laws of nature hardwired to produce intelligence popped into existence.
:dance:

wooooohoooooo

my PROOF!!!:

ahahahhahahahahhahahah
It's not an accident that a universe being created from nothing with the laws of nature hardwired to produce intelligence popped into existence.
as you believe

wooooohoooooo

my PROOF!!!:

ahahahhahahahahhahahah
The only one talking about heaven and hell is you so maybe you are the one concerned about that. :lol:

your friend believes in the afterlife = that's your evidence?
Actually, I was addressing Penelope's point that she did not believe in heaven or hell. That is nice, but it doesn't answer the question of whether or not she believes in an afterlife of any kind (reincarnation, etc).

By the way, I teach science. Evidence is something physical, something that can be measured or taken in by one of the five senses. There is no evidence of an afterlife. (Just to keep our terms straight.)

wooooohoooooo

my PROOF!!!:

ahahahhahahahahhahahah
as you believe
You can test it for yourself, dummy.

Ah. Do spend some time researching the Apostle Paul and his connection to Agnostos Theos. It adds an interesting dimension to Paul’s configuration of Christianity.
Already have. Anything else?

I'm the one claiming we don't know the answers. You are the one getting emotionally irrational and posting silly laughing emoticons on posts you can't intellectually engage. Grow up.

I'm the one claiming we don't know the answers. You are the one getting emotionally irrational and posting silly laughing emoticons on posts you can't intellectually engage. Grow up.
I'm guilty of being childish too. :)

hahahahahh I thought you left?
emotional?? hahahhah you can see that over the internet??
....grow up??--more hahahhah--I'm not the one believing fairytales....our knowledge of the world has advanced since the stone age--when they believed in witches and goblins/etc

1. first--define love
Why? Do you think it doesn't exist?
Again, a lack of proof does not mean something does not exist. Logic isn't your strong suit, obviously.

You're getting too emotional to have a rational conversation, kid. Give it a rest.

Forum List

Back