The Ugly, Nasty, Disgusting Truth About The V.A. Scandal.

Republicans block Senate bill to boost veterans' benefits - CSMonitor.com.

Senate Republicans BLOCKED $24 Billion Dollar Spend Bill for Veteran's Health Care and Education on February 27, 2014. The vote was 54 Democrats in favor, 41 Republicans opposed. Even with a majority vote the bill was defeated by the Republicans.

41 Republicans refused to vote for money that would benefit the Health Care and Education of our Veterans.

Next.

The fact that if there had been no Illegal, Immoral and Unconstitutional War(s) in Afghanistan and Iraq, there would be no scandal in Veteran's Administration.

But because the shrub and dead-eye dick(less) lied this country into those wars, with strong ConJob, NeoNut, RePug and TeaHadist support.

Every fucking Conservative at this forum wanted these wars and supported these wars.

Do not blame Secretary Shinseki for YOUR blind absolute, unconditional support for two wars that should never have been fought. If those wars had not been fought, the current crisis would not be happening.

You people wanted those fucking wars.

The blame is in fact yours.

Oh, so you wanna play that game?

Yeah, tell Bernie Sanders not to block a 2 1/2 page accountability bill first. I mean come on.

"We have to read it before we pass it." It would have taken all of three days to pass. But no, an Independocrat had to block it in the Senate.

And you liberals like war when your guy is doing it right? Why aren't you upset over how many innocent people he's killed with drones huh?

Your hypocrisy is dumbfounding.

The Senate Just Blocked Legislation to Speed Up VA Firings | TheBlaze.com

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-113hr4031ih/pdf/BILLS-113hr4031ih.pdf

So don't sit there and tell us you care about our vets, when you simply aren't outraged enough to hold the VA officials who did this responsible.

For shame.

Shinseki should be met with all deliberate force and removed from his position at once. The VA administration needs to be overhauled. It is a shining (or rather bleak) example of what will happen under Obamacare.

Any questions?

in 4 months we begin the fiscal year 2015....wonder what actually happened in fiscal 2014 and what will be proposed for 2015's budget by the House?

I believe they might have had congressional hearings on the Va today or yesterday....wonder what happened and if they figured out how to fix things ONCE AND FOR ALL?

in 4 months we begin the fiscal year 2015....wonder what actually happened in fiscal 2014 and what will be proposed for 2015's budget by the House?

I believe they might have had congressional hearings on the Va today or yesterday....wonder what happened and if they figured out how to fix things ONCE AND FOR ALL?

Tell that to the Senate, who insists on blocking everything in sight. You do realize that we have a bicameral form of governance, don't you? One house can't always do the work of two.

The short answer is that the administration rewarded VA administrators for killing VA patients. Who ever heard of bonuses for civil service government workers before the former community activist was elected? The Obama administration doesn't even blame lack of funding or Bush for the VA debacle so why would the true believers try to play that game? Every stinking bureaucrat drone who accepted a bonus for making up a secret death list for VA patients should be indicted for negligent homicide but don't expect the A.G. drone to do anything.

what a croc of poop whitehall!

George Bush jr added bonuses to employee pay, not certain if Clinton did as well, or any of the other presidents....it could have been common with them as well?

they didn't receive their bonus for killing people, there was no bonus given for how many people they could kill the bigger the bonus....

these administrators LIED AND CHEATED on the criteria set for their bonuses....they didn't get paid extra to kill them off, as you implied....and yes, they are scum of the earth for doing what they did...

but..........

Where is your pride in honesty?

I stand corrected. Bill Clinton stopped the bonus system in government but George W. Bush started it up again. The issue still stands that the Obama administration awarded bonuses to VA bureaucrats who created death lists that killed VA patients and saved money for the administration.

Senate Republicans BLOCKED $24 Billion Dollar Spend Bill for Veteran's Health Care and Education on February 27, 2014. The vote was 54 Democrats in favor, 41 Republicans opposed. Even with a majority vote the bill was defeated by the Republicans.

41 Republicans refused to vote for money that would benefit the Health Care and Education of our Veterans.

Next.

The fact that if there had been no Illegal, Immoral and Unconstitutional War(s) in Afghanistan and Iraq, there would be no scandal in Veteran's Administration.

But because the shrub and dead-eye dick(less) lied this country into those wars, with strong ConJob, NeoNut, RePug and TeaHadist support.

Every fucking Conservative at this forum wanted these wars and supported these wars.

Do not blame Secretary Shinseki for YOUR blind absolute, unconditional support for two wars that should never have been fought. If those wars had not been fought, the current crisis would not be happening.

Yeah, tell Bernie Sanders not to block a 2 1/2 page accountability bill first. I mean come on.

"We have to read it before we pass it." It would have taken all of three days to pass. But no, an Independocrat had to block it in the Senate.

And you liberals like war when your guy is doing it right? Why aren't you upset over how many innocent people he's killed with drones huh?

So don't sit there and tell us you care about our vets, when you simply aren't outraged enough to hold the VA officials who did this responsible.

For shame.
nahhhhhh, just a bunch of phony outrage over a bill that would do nothing to help the vets before Memorial Day....it is merely political posturing by the GOP....

sheesh, you think the Vets are stupid enough to buy in to that phony (boloney) bologna rushed legislation to be able to fire people....NOT

but you did.....huh? Why? You should be able to see through this kind of crapola by now?

...it wouldn't do a thing for the Veterans on Memorial Day...it won't shorten their wait times or give them the care they need...there is plenty of time for the Senate to do their jobs, and have their hearings on it, before passing it...

Next.

For shame.
nahhhhhh, just a bunch of phony outrage over a bill that would do nothing to help the vets before Memorial Day....it is merely political posturing by the GOP....

sheesh, you think the Vets are stupid enough to buy in to that phony (boloney) bologna rushed legislation to be able to fire people....NOT

but you did.....huh? Why? You should be able to see through this kind of crapola by now?

...it wouldn't do a thing for the Veterans on Memorial Day...it won't shorten their wait times or give them the care they need...there is plenty of time for the Senate to do their jobs, and have their hearings on it, before passing it...

You must be joking?!

So, have you even read the bill? Or are you going to play the "phony" card again?

It had bipartisan support in the House. Got over 300 votes. Apparently Democrats didn't think this was phony either. That makes YOU out of touch with reality.

And how do you know what vets feel? You aren't the one sitting there wasting away while you wait on treatment. You get immediate access to a doctor. It is literally impossible for you to know what they think is phony. They want treatment, and for someone to be held accountable for this disgrace.

VA is funded a year in advance, no one knows what supplemental spending might be requested.

Next.

For shame.

Rushed legislation? Phony baloney? 115 co sponsors D and R? Passed overwhelmingly in a bi partisan fashion?

Are the Democrats who co sponsored and voted en masse full of fake rage?

Are you really freaking kidding?

The only assholes playing politics here are the sons of bitches in the Senate. Let's address how this Bill would have benefited the Secretary of the VA

Why this bill should become law:

The bill would give the VA Secretary greater authority to fire employees and remove them from SES service due to poor performance in the same manner a Member of Congress can remove a member of their staff.

The bill would require the VA Secretary to give the Senate and House Veterans’ Affairs Committees notice of removal within 30 days of removing an individual.

H.R. 4031, the ?Department of Veterans Affairs Management Accountability Act of 2014? | House Committee on Veterans' Affairs

The short answer is that the administration rewarded VA administrators for killing VA patients. Who ever heard of bonuses for civil service government workers before the former community activist was elected? The Obama administration doesn't even blame lack of funding or Bush for the VA debacle so why would the true believers try to play that game? Every stinking bureaucrat drone who accepted a bonus for making up a secret death list for VA patients should be indicted for negligent homicide but don't expect the A.G. drone to do anything.

George Bush jr added bonuses to employee pay, not certain if Clinton did as well, or any of the other presidents....it could have been common with them as well?

they didn't receive their bonus for killing people, there was no bonus given for how many people they could kill the bigger the bonus....

these administrators LIED AND CHEATED on the criteria set for their bonuses....they didn't get paid extra to kill them off, as you implied....and yes, they are scum of the earth for doing what they did...

but..........

I stand corrected. Bill Clinton stopped the bonus system in government but George W. Bush started it up again. The issue still stands that the Obama administration awarded bonuses to VA bureaucrats who created death lists that killed VA patients and saved money for the administration.
Yes, from what I have heard, (but NOT confirmed) the Admins did receive bonuses....

if it is anything like the private sector bonuses for management, there are always several goals that have to be met....and each goal given to the manager is worth a certain percentage of the total qualified bonus amount....

as example, say a manager could receive 20% of their annual salary in Bonus...say they made 100k a year so their eligible bonus is $20k, but they were given 5 separate goals to achieve, and they achieved only 3 out of the 5 goals....instead of receiving 20k as bonus, they received only $12k in bonus,,,,

it could be they had 10 goals to achieve or only 2 or 4 goals....it's not willy nilly....you are told, with precise numbers or precise goals, what your bonus will be based on, and how it will be divided up, and what percentage of your salary your bonus can be, if goals are achieved within the year...

I'm sure we will find out more as the investigations continue....but I don't think we know what all of these admin's bonus structures were like yet....

are you trying to blame the professor for his/her students cheating, or trying to blame a Business owner or boss for an employee thief with his hands in the till?

I don't. I do blame the cheaters/thieves though!

And as far as one of the bonus goals potentially being, ''improvement on wait times for vets'' I think this would be a good goal to have....

I would never ever in a million years think that one of my employees would devise an entire sham system that would mask their actual results in order to receive that portion of their bonus....it's just unimaginable to me, and I am no Spring chicken....I've been around for a while....yes, maybe with a lesser employee it could be conceivable and has happened on my watch, but not with one of the higher ups that earned their way to the top with hard work and long hours....

so, there could be more to this.... the lady in Phoenix really doesn't believe she's done anything wrong...???? HOW CAN THAT BE? makes no sense to me.... soooo, we will see....and PLEASE, let's not fire anybody, till we get them to testify and hear what they have to say...I don't want them out of the picture with firing, I want them under the microscope....

anything knee jerk

is simply knee jerking.... it solves nothing imo

So the vets would think this bill was bullshit eh? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Bipartisan Support:

The bill has over 115 Republican and Democratic cosponsors.

The bill has received letters of support from leading voices in the veterans community including; IAVA; AMVETS; The American Legion; Concerned Veterans for America; and the Reserve Officers Association.

H.R. 4031, the ?Department of Veterans Affairs Management Accountability Act of 2014? | House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
i think the vets would think it was political posturing to rush this bill through the senate without hearings on it, just to deliver to the vets for a memorial day conciliatory present... and solves none of the problems with the VA wait times that killed these other vets....

remember, the secret lists were to HIDE THE WAIT TIMES....

The bill IS important enough for the Senate to have hearings on, and will end up passing in a bipartisan manner....

Don't see a thing in the world wrong with waiting till the Senate committee has their hearings...

but..........

Yes, from what I have heard, (but NOT confirmed) the Admins did receive bonuses....

if it is anything like the private sector bonuses for management, there are always several goals that have to be met....and each goal given to the manager is worth a certain percentage of the total qualified bonus amount....

as example, say a manager could receive 20% of their annual salary in Bonus...say they made 100k a year so their eligible bonus is $20k, but they were given 5 separate goals to achieve, and they achieved only 3 out of the 5 goals....instead of receiving 20k as bonus, they received only $12k in bonus,,,,

it could be they had 10 goals to achieve or only 2 or 4 goals....it's not willy nilly....you are told, with precise numbers or precise goals, what your bonus will be based on, and how it will be divided up, and what percentage of your salary your bonus can be, if goals are achieved within the year...

I'm sure we will find out more as the investigations continue....but I don't think we know what all of these admin's bonus structures were like yet....

are you trying to blame the professor for his/her students cheating, or trying to blame a Business owner or boss for an employee thief with his hands in the till?

I don't. I do blame the cheaters/thieves though!

And as far as one of the bonus goals potentially being, ''improvement on wait times for vets'' I think this would be a good goal to have....

I would never ever in a million years think that one of my employees would devise an entire sham system that would mask their actual results in order to receive that portion of their bonus....it's just unimaginable to me, and I am no Spring chicken....I've been around for a while....yes, maybe with a lesser employee it could be conceivable and has happened on my watch, but not with one of the higher ups that earned their way to the top with hard work and long hours....

so, there could be more to this.... the lady in Phoenix really doesn't believe she's done anything wrong...???? HOW CAN THAT BE? makes no sense to me.... soooo, we will see....and PLEASE, let's not fire anybody, till we get them to testify and hear what they have to say...I don't want them out of the picture with firing, I want them under the microscope....

anything knee jerk

is simply knee jerking.... it solves nothing imo

At last count 26 facilities are being investigated. It is widespread and systemic fraud. It is most certainly criminal.

Last edited:
So the vets would think this bill was bullshit eh? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Bipartisan Support:

The bill has received letters of support from leading voices in the veterans community including; IAVA; AMVETS; The American Legion; Concerned Veterans for America; and the Reserve Officers Association.

i think the vets would think it was political posturing to rush this bill through the senate without hearings on it, just to deliver to the vets for a memorial day conciliatory present... and solves none of the problems with the VA wait times that killed these other vets....

The bill IS important enough for the Senate to have hearings on, and will end up passing in a bipartisan manner....

Don't see a thing in the world wrong with waiting till the Senate committee has their hearings...

This Bill was introduced in February. Hasty you say? And why would the Senate need to hold hearings over a bill that sought to give greater power the Secretary of the VA to enact changes?

Last edited:
1) Every dimocrap scumbag in Congress voted for the Afghanistan War except one, and that fucking douche is gone now. Even dimocrap scum told heer to piss off.

And Richard Nixon created the Environmental Protection Agency. And Ronald Reagan spent 3x as much as Carter and raised the debt ceiling 18x and was one of the biggest spenders this nation has ever had. And George Bush got caught in a Constitution-shredding illegal wiretapping program, and he created the Patriot Act, which gave Big Government more invasive power than it has ever had. Does this mean that you blame your party for anything? Of course not. You never blame your side for anything, which is why we can't take you seriously. It's a joke.

9/11 + Bush's failure to protect the eastern seaboard was Clinton's fault. The Housing Bubble & 2008 meltdown were Carter/Clinton/Liberalism's fault. Bush cannot be blamed for anything that happened on his watch.

The Democrats supported the War on Terrorism because they were beaten politically. The Republicans successfully convinced the American population that a mushroom cloud was imminent. They distorted and cherry picked the facts and took advantage of our nation's fear, which they strategically inflamed. They had FOX News broadcast terror alerts 24/7. They took every car accident and loud noise and turned it into a potential terrorist attack. They accused anybody who questioned them of hating the troops. They hid behind the bodies that they sent off to the slaughterhouse. It was one of the most corrupt events in American history.

And now we living in the aftermath.

1) Every dimocrap scumbag in Congress voted for the Afghanistan War except one, and that fucking douche is gone now. Even dimocrap scum told heer to piss off.

And Richard Nixon created the Environmental Protection Agency. And Ronald Reagan spent 3x as much as Carter and raised the debt ceiling 18x and was one of the biggest spenders this nation has ever had. And George Bush got caught in a Constitution-shredding illegal wiretapping program, and he created the Patriot Act, which gave Big Government more invasive power than it has ever had. Does this mean that you blame your party for anything? Of course not. You never blame your side for anything, which is why we can't take you seriously. It's a joke.

9/11 + Bush's failure to protect the eastern seaboard was Clinton's fault. The Housing Bubble & 2008 meltdown were Carter/Clinton/Liberalism's fault. Bush cannot be blamed for anything that happened on his watch.

The Democrats supported the War on Terrorism because they were beaten politically. The Republicans successfully convinced the American population that a mushroom cloud was imminent. They distorted and cherry picked the facts and took advantage of our nation's fear, which they strategically inflamed. They had FOX News broadcast terror alerts 24/7. They took every car accident and loud noise and turned it into a potential terrorist attack. They accused anybody who questioned them of hating the troops. They hid behind the bodies that they sent off to the slaughterhouse. It was one of the most corrupt events in American history.

And now we living in the aftermath.
We is?

Bipartisan Support:

This Bill was introduced in February. Hasty you say?
Really? Thought I read the congress just passed it and sent it to the Senate and Rubio wanted it passed with a voice vote and signed for a memorial day gift....

Maybe it was there longer and Rubio just brought it up for memorial day???

It's truly no biggie TD.....passed today or passed tomorrow....no one has said they hate the bill....most like most parts of it....

This Bill was introduced in February. Hasty you say?
Really? Thought I read the congress just passed it and sent it to the Senate and Rubio wanted it passed with a voice vote and signed for a memorial day gift....

Maybe it was there longer and Rubio just brought it up for memorial day???

It's truly no biggie TD.....passed today or passed tomorrow....no one has said they hate the bill....most like most parts of it....

Introduced in February of this year. Oh and the problem with Bernie and the issues with the VA are that he's been trying to stonewall.

Now he's up shit creek in a leaky canoe without a paddle because this issue is criminal. And it's getting bigger by the moment.

This is not an "overnight issue". Congress has been on it since 2013. It's just that Phoenix blew the lid off of "screw with the wait times to get bonus money". Up to $63,000.

The woman in Phoenix got a bonus of $8500. as this story was breaking. They've taken it back but that was just one payout to one employee who has been seriously cooking the books.

Republican senators are accusing the Democratic-led Senate Committee on Veterans Affairs of ignoring countless calls to subject the Department of Veterans Affairs to oversight hearings before the current VA scandal broke.

The Republican-led House Committee on Veterans Affairs, meanwhile, has held six times as many VA oversight hearings than its Democrat-led Senate counterpart this Congress.

The Senate Committee on Veterans Affairs, chaired by Independent Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, who caucuses with the Democratic party and is counted as a Democrat in the context of committee assignments, has held seven VA oversight hearings during this Congress.

GOP Accuses Democrats of Ignoring Calls For VA Oversight | The Daily Caller

Forum List

Back