The Stone Cold Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's now time to look at the cold, hard, graphic reality of what racism by whites has entailed. The information used in this thread will come from the book, "White Rage," by Dr. Carol Anderson.

White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide
National Book Critics Circle Award Winner
New York Times Bestseller
A New York Times Notable Book of the Year
A Washington Post Notable Nonfiction Book of the Year
A Boston Globe Best Book of 2016
A Chicago Review of Books Best Nonfiction Book of 2016

From the end of the Civil War to our combustible present, an acclaimed historian reframes the conversation about race, chronicling the powerful forces opposed to black progress in America.

Since 1865 and the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment, every time African Americans have made advances towards full participation in our democracy, white reaction has fueled a deliberate, relentless rollback of their gains. The end of the Civil War and Reconstruction was greeted with the Black Codes and Jim Crow; the Supreme Court’s landmark 1954 Brown v. Board of Education decision was met with the shutting down of public schools throughout the South; the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965 triggered a coded response, the so-called Southern Strategy and the War on Drugs that disenfranchised millions of African Americans.

White Rage — Carol Anderson

Starting with my next post, you will be shown in graphic detail the steps whites took to deprive blacks of equal rights and freedom after slavery ended up until our lifetimes. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. That's a fact and it's time people faced that fact.

973202258-tumblr_nkamg2vYZC1tfx1mao1_1280.jpg
White people are bad no matter what. Why bother?

I think that when a white person such as you have posted all kinds of racist shit about blacks, always talking about how blacks are bad, they have nothing to say when black people show actual documented history of what whites have done.

Because that is the way whites have made things
That seems to work well for you too IM2.

You keep harping on white privilege ,based on black privilege

Pulling one's self up, by pulling another down is a dead end street

~S~
There is no such thing as black privilege. Living with white racism is not a privilege. Nor is voicing our displeasure at being treated as we are a privilege. End your fragility based delusions. This is not about pulling anybody up by pulling anyone else down. It is about the truth and it seems that whites like you can't take the truth. Your post is another example of white fragility. This nation has a 243, almost 244 year history of passing laws and creating policies to benefit whites at our expense. You elected a president because you believe he can deliver the country back to white rule and white dominion. So if you can't face the truth, do something to stop what creates the complaints about the actions of whites such as yourself.

1865. Plenty of white boys died to stop slavery, huge numbers of them. That wasn't enough? What does it take? How many men have to die?
That did not happen.

Koreans or Polish business burned down. Blacks do that. because they accept multiculturalism well...lkets adress that...or not.

“Here it is important to understand how, exactly, Americans ‘become white’. The history of Polish-Americans is an illuminating example. Upon arriving in the U.S. en masse in the late 19th and early 20th century, Poles endured discrimination based on their appearance, religion and culture. In 1903, the New England Magazine decried the Poles’ “expressionless Slavic faces” and “stunted figures” as well as their inherent “ignorance” and “propensity to violence”. Working for terrible wages, Polish workers were renamed things like “Thomas Jefferson” by their bigoted Anglo-Saxon bosses who refused to utter Polish names.

The Poles, in other words, were not considered white. Far from it: they were considered a mysterious menace that should be expelled. When Polish-American Leon Czolgosz killed President William McKinley in 1901, all Poles were deemed potential violent anarchists. “All people are mourning, and it is caused by a maniac who is of our nationality,” a Polish-American newspaper wrote, pressured to apologize for their own people. The collective blame of Poles for terrorism bears great similarity to how Muslims (both in the U.S. and Europe) are collectively blamed today.

But then something changed. In 1919, Irish gangs in blackface attacked Polish neighborhoods in Chicago in an attempt to convince Poles, and other Eastern European groups, that they, too, were “white” and should join them in the fight against blacks. As historian David R. Roediger recalls, “Poles argued that the riot was a conflict between blacks and whites, with Poles abstaining because they belonged to neither group.” But the Irish gangs considered whiteness, as is often the case in America, as anti-blackness. And as in the early 20th century Chicago experienced an influx not only of white immigrants from Europe, but blacks from the South, white groups who felt threatened by black arrivals decided that it would be politically advantageous if the Poles were considered white as well.

With that new white identity came the ability to practice the discrimination they had once endured.

Over time, the strategy of positioning Poles as “white” against a dark-skinned “other” was successful. Poles came to consider themselves white, and more importantly, they came to be considered white by their fellow Americans, as did Italians, Greeks, Jews, Russians, and others from Southern and Eastern Europe, all of whom held an ambivalent racial status in U.S. society. Also, intermarriage between white ethnic groups led some to embrace a broader white identity.”

Sarah Kendzior, How do you become “white” in America?

There is no such thing as black privilege.

au contraire monsieur IM2.....>>>

~S~
There is no such thing as black privilege. Opposing racism is not a privilege. Turn black and then tell me about this privilege we have for facing racism and complaining about it. Read the article sparky.

You played yourself.

Black privilege may be new, but some of the rhetoric defending it is at least two centuries old. As far back as the late 19th century, whites were saying that blacks weren't so much victims of racism as they were victims of special treatment.

The 19th century U.S. Supreme Court echoed that thinking in one of its most infamous decisions. Congress had passed a sweeping Civil Rights Act in 1875 that banned discrimination against former slaves in public places. But the Supreme Court declared that act unconstitutional in 1883, a decision that sanctioned the rise of Jim Crow segregation and mob violence against blacks that would last a century.

In the high court's 1883 decision, Justice Joseph Bradley wrote in the majority opinion that there must come a time when blacks cease "to be the special favorite of the laws."

Over the years, that sentiment bubbled to the surface at various times as debates over "reverse racism" and affirmative action erupted. Yet something new is now happening. More whites have begun talking about themselves as a racially oppressed majority. In a widely publicized 2011 survey, white Americans said they suffer from racial discrimination more than blacks.
Peggy McIntosh, an activist who helped popularize the term white privilege, says those who believe in black privilege are whiners.

Peggy McIntosh, an activist who helped popularize the term "white privilege," says those who believe in black privilege are whiners.

Where does this belief come from? The numbers don't appear to support it. Numerous studies and surveys show that blacks lag behind whites and other racial groups in many socioeconomic categories.

The wealth of white households is 13 times the median wealth of black households. Black children represent 18% of the nation's preschool enrollment but make up nearly half of all children with multiple suspensions. Job applicants with white-sounding names are 50% more likely to get called back for an interview than similarly qualified applicants with black-sounding names. And prison sentences for black men are nearly 20% longer than those of white men convicted for similar crimes.

Some say you don't even need numbers to dismiss black privilege. Use your eyes. If being black is such an asset, why do many whites consistently move out of communities -- neighborhoods, churches, schools -- when too many blacks move in? It's a phenomenon that sociologists have long documented and that some call "racial tipping."

LOL! Some whites will do anything to deny the truth.

The root cause of the problems blacks face, is illegitimacy.
And how does black illegitimacy affect white people ?

It doesn't directly. Indirectly a lot as the problems of one part of our community, will hurt us, or cost us at some point.

Acting like you give a shit about unwed black mothers. Gimme a fking break.

More the children, really. And why should you doubt that? It is normal human empathy. Don't you feel it when you see other people suffering? If not, that says something about you. Me? I'm normal.

Why dont you focus on white illegitimacy?

A good question. And I'm not sure I don't. I talk about BLACK illegitimacy here, you made a point about the "root cause of black problems", which brought it up. IN my RL, I do a lot of pushback against white illegitimacy, or to champion the concept of marriage. I've married and stay married. I'm raising my daughter to consider marriage the best path. I've encouraged younger white couples to get married.

Obama never had kids out of wedlock.

Which is, I guess, a point in his "plus column".

He was Harvard educated.
He committed no crimes.
He used no slang.
He didn't sag his pants and say what you want about his presidency.

The fact is.

There was not 1% of personal scandal on that man in his two terms of office.

Did that stop him from getting racism? According to your logic it should have done. Right ?

Nope. NOt even close to my point. You completely misunderstood what I said. Completely.

Wrong. He got it in the neck just like any other black person.

And you do realize that the black people who were lynched and hung in the Jim Crow era were mainly black business owner? Or educated blks who were seen as too uppity ?

You do realize that. Dont ya ?

I don't know that. I don't think of lynching as limited to the Jim Crow South, when I think of it, and I don't give a lot of thought to the details of lynching. It has not been a factor in my life, nor even the modern era.

Going bk further blk slaves were whipped if they were found out to b able read n write

Thats why I laugh when white supreamacist come with this "blk ppl need to do x y n do z"

It doesn't matter what blk ppl do.

Yes, slavery bad. Got it.

Oh, wait, was that supposed to play on my white guilt?

Yeah, I got some bad news for you on that front.

Fresh out. By fresh, I mean, NEVER HAD ANY.

LOL! Sun Devil and Correll, you guys need to understand that your opinions are so inaccurate that you are ignored.

~S~
There is no such thing as black privilege. Living with white racism is not a privilege. Nor is voicing our displeasure at being treated as we are a privilege. End your fragility based delusions. This is not about pulling anybody up by pulling anyone else down. It is about the truth and it seems that whites like you can't take the truth. Your post is another example of white fragility. This nation has a 243, almost 244 year history of passing laws and creating policies to benefit whites at our expense. You elected a president because you believe he can deliver the country back to white rule and white dominion. So if you can't face the truth, do something to stop what creates the complaints about the actions of whites such as yourself.
You have never answered what laws and policies today benefit only white people.

It doesn't directly.
So we agree. White ppl and you dont give a fk about unwed blk mothers. It's just an attempt to turn the tables

More the children, really.
You dont give a fk about blk children either.

And why should you doubt that?
How long have you got?

It is normal human empathy. Don't you feel it when you see other people suffering?
White people have a heart of stone when it comes to blk ppl.

What are you talking about ?

A good question. And I'm not sure I don't.
So from now on focus on white illegitimacy. Sort your white women out.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

• Love
Reactions: IM2

~S~
You have never answered what laws and policies today benefit only white people.
He just did answer you. White supremacy has been the law and is the law.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
"You have never answered what laws and policies today benefit only white people."

Why is it white people like Molly always ask this ignorant question. It provides us with examples of the problems whites have relative to the issue of race and white fragility.

Number 1- is the belief in teflon history.

The Teflon Theory of American History says that anything that took place over 30 years ago is Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on the present. Or not much. Unless it was something good like the light bulb or the Declaration of Independence. Therefore those who make a big deal of the bad stuff in the past, like slavery, are Living in the Past and need to Get Over It.

For example:

Jim Crow laws were overturned by the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s. Therefore according to Teflon Theory the Jim Crow period is now Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on how White Americans alive today think and act. None whatsoever. Or not much. So racism is pretty much dead.

Instead of Jim Crow’s effect slowly weakening over time like you would expect, Teflon Theory would have you suppose that it just disappeared like magic one afternoon sometime in the late 1960s. Even though many White Americans alive now were alive back in Jim Crow times. Even though many others were brought up and shaped by those who were alive back then: parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, writers, film directors, television producers, news editors and so on.

Few sit on a mountain top to come up with their beliefs all on their own. Instead most people pretty much go along with what everyone else already believes with maybe a few twists here and there. Such beliefs come from the past.

So then why is Teflon Theory believed?

• Because of how American history is taught:
    • American history is taught as dates and people and facts that have little to do with each other. Sometimes the Effects of the the Civil War or Industrialization are studied, for example, but not so for the evil stuff – like how slavery and genocide led to present-day White American wealth, power and racism.
    • American history as taught rarely comes up to the present day. History becomes something in the past, in a book, not something we live in right now.
  • Because of the needs of White American self-image:
    • White Americans want to think they are Basically Good and their society is Basically Just. Without Teflon Theory that becomes laughable since it flies in the face of history, common sense and human nature.
    • White Americans avoid honestly facing up to their past because deep down they know it is ugly. Teflon Theory acts as a guard against having to take it seriously.
  • Because middle-class whites are protected from the ugly present:
    • Those who live in Apple-pie America rarely see first-hand the injustice that their comfortable lives are built on. And what injustice they do see on occasion, like black ghettos or wars on television fought overseas in their name, they have already learned to not see as injustice. But being protected from the ugly present makes the ugly past seem like another world, like it truly is ancient history with no bearing on the present.

Number 2, that white privilege allows them a racial arrogance whereby they can deny the effects of racism even when they know what they have been told is true.

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are th e least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue (DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."

Dr. Robin DiAngelo
Molly you are nothing more than a modern racist practicing the new methods of racism.

Racism today is practiced in a new way and it's not overt in practice but covert in policy. We now face perhaps an insidious and arrogant type of white backlash. Whites who are “tired of hearing” blacks and other non whites protesting and complaining about white racism. These are whites who have cried since the Civil Rights act was passed, making up a fake discrimination against whites they have taken to the supreme court time after time in the hopes of ending equal protection under the law for non-whites. This backlash takes several forms.

Modern racism, symbolic racism, symbolic prejudice, or racial resentment, are beliefs that reflect an underlying prejudice towards black and non-white people in the United States. The difference in modern racism than old time classic white racism is that the attacks focus on a groups culture. Modern racism is not face to face, it is primarily done online and in social media.

Aversive racism is a form of racism practiced today which might as well be called subtle racism. People who are aversive racists claim to be non racist while at the same time expressing negative feelings and beliefs about members of other races. It has also been called colorblind racism. However, since that term confuses some whites because they cannot understand why we can say they are colorblind and still be racist, we’ll stick with the term aversive racism. Regardless of its “subtlety”, aversive racism has resulted in significant and harmful consequences that basically mirror the effects of overt racism. These significant and harmful consequences are called entitlement reform, immigration, welfare reform, voter fraud and many other things that are actually policies designed to take away things from non-whites. “I’m colorblind and if you talk about racism, you are the racist”. This is how racism is played today.

"You have never answered what laws and policies today benefit only white people."

Why is it white people like Molly always ask this ignorant question. It provides us with examples of the problems whites have relative to the issue of race and white fragility.

Number 1- is the belief in teflon history.

The Teflon Theory of American History says that anything that took place over 30 years ago is Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on the present. Or not much. Unless it was something good like the light bulb or the Declaration of Independence. Therefore those who make a big deal of the bad stuff in the past, like slavery, are Living in the Past and need to Get Over It.

For example:

Jim Crow laws were overturned by the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s. Therefore according to Teflon Theory the Jim Crow period is now Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on how White Americans alive today think and act. None whatsoever. Or not much. So racism is pretty much dead.

Instead of Jim Crow’s effect slowly weakening over time like you would expect, Teflon Theory would have you suppose that it just disappeared like magic one afternoon sometime in the late 1960s. Even though many White Americans alive now were alive back in Jim Crow times. Even though many others were brought up and shaped by those who were alive back then: parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, writers, film directors, television producers, news editors and so on.

Few sit on a mountain top to come up with their beliefs all on their own. Instead most people pretty much go along with what everyone else already believes with maybe a few twists here and there. Such beliefs come from the past.

So then why is Teflon Theory believed?

• Because of how American history is taught:
    • American history is taught as dates and people and facts that have little to do with each other. Sometimes the Effects of the the Civil War or Industrialization are studied, for example, but not so for the evil stuff – like how slavery and genocide led to present-day White American wealth, power and racism.
    • American history as taught rarely comes up to the present day. History becomes something in the past, in a book, not something we live in right now.
  • Because of the needs of White American self-image:
    • White Americans want to think they are Basically Good and their society is Basically Just. Without Teflon Theory that becomes laughable since it flies in the face of history, common sense and human nature.
    • White Americans avoid honestly facing up to their past because deep down they know it is ugly. Teflon Theory acts as a guard against having to take it seriously.
  • Because middle-class whites are protected from the ugly present:
    • Those who live in Apple-pie America rarely see first-hand the injustice that their comfortable lives are built on. And what injustice they do see on occasion, like black ghettos or wars on television fought overseas in their name, they have already learned to not see as injustice. But being protected from the ugly present makes the ugly past seem like another world, like it truly is ancient history with no bearing on the present.

Number 2, that white privilege allows them a racial arrogance whereby they can deny the effects of racism even when they know what they have been told is true.

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are th e least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue (DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."

Dr. Robin DiAngelo
Molly you are nothing more than a modern racist practicing the new methods of racism.

Racism today is practiced in a new way and it's not overt in practice but covert in policy. We now face perhaps an insidious and arrogant type of white backlash. Whites who are “tired of hearing” blacks and other non whites protesting and complaining about white racism. These are whites who have cried since the Civil Rights act was passed, making up a fake discrimination against whites they have taken to the supreme court time after time in the hopes of ending equal protection under the law for non-whites. This backlash takes several forms.

Modern racism, symbolic racism, symbolic prejudice, or racial resentment, are beliefs that reflect an underlying prejudice towards black and non-white people in the United States. The difference in modern racism than old time classic white racism is that the attacks focus on a groups culture. Modern racism is not face to face, it is primarily done online and in social media.

Aversive racism is a form of racism practiced today which might as well be called subtle racism. People who are aversive racists claim to be non racist while at the same time expressing negative feelings and beliefs about members of other races. It has also been called colorblind racism. However, since that term confuses some whites because they cannot understand why we can say they are colorblind and still be racist, we’ll stick with the term aversive racism. Regardless of its “subtlety”, aversive racism has resulted in significant and harmful consequences that basically mirror the effects of overt racism. These significant and harmful consequences are called entitlement reform, immigration, welfare reform, voter fraud and many other things that are actually policies designed to take away things from non-whites. “I’m colorblind and if you talk about racism, you are the racist”. This is how racism is played today.
There you go again calling me a racist, which I am not. I point out the hypocrisy of your posts. YOU are racists against people just because they are white. What have I EVER said that was racist? NOTHING. You get defiant because you won't truthfully answer what laws or policies are in effect TODAY that are for whites only. NONE. How am I racist? You constantly put down whites only, only white people do bad in your opinion, etc etc. I do not deny whites can be bad, as any other race. You make excuses, I don't. I don't deny racism exists, in all races, You do deny blacks can be racists. Find even ONE example of my racism.

It's now time to look at the cold, hard, graphic reality of what racism by whites has entailed. The information used in this thread will come from the book, "White Rage," by Dr. Carol Anderson.

White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide
National Book Critics Circle Award Winner
New York Times Bestseller
A New York Times Notable Book of the Year
A Washington Post Notable Nonfiction Book of the Year
A Boston Globe Best Book of 2016
A Chicago Review of Books Best Nonfiction Book of 2016

From the end of the Civil War to our combustible present, an acclaimed historian reframes the conversation about race, chronicling the powerful forces opposed to black progress in America.

Since 1865 and the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment, every time African Americans have made advances towards full participation in our democracy, white reaction has fueled a deliberate, relentless rollback of their gains. The end of the Civil War and Reconstruction was greeted with the Black Codes and Jim Crow; the Supreme Court’s landmark 1954 Brown v. Board of Education decision was met with the shutting down of public schools throughout the South; the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965 triggered a coded response, the so-called Southern Strategy and the War on Drugs that disenfranchised millions of African Americans.

White Rage — Carol Anderson

Starting with my next post, you will be shown in graphic detail the steps whites took to deprive blacks of equal rights and freedom after slavery ended up until our lifetimes. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. That's a fact and it's time people faced that fact.

973202258-tumblr_nkamg2vYZC1tfx1mao1_1280.jpg
White conservatives opposed to black progress in America – it’s important to acknowledge that fact; not ‘all whites.’
Ah it figures you would jump on the bandwagon, because all you are doing is using the black angle against conservatives that you hate, and it's all because of their religion or Christianity that causes you to jump when you do. You ain't fooling anyone with your bullcrap. You've done created to many post that show's what your angle is. The sad thing is blacks not realizing what you do or you thinking that blacks are stupid enough to be used by you. Many politicians are attempting the same as you are, but one would think that the blacks would wake up finally. Oh that's right just keep offering up the free stuff, and/or the power positions, and they will follow a Democrat straight into hell is the thinking behind it all.

"I am not black and I can't be black or the caricature of black you suggest as Rochelle or Steph or the rest. All I can do is speak against racism in an effort to get rid of it. My intent is to bring black people into real equality, not put white people down. And there are plenty of black persons who do that already, better than you or I."

This is not about putting white people down. It is about creating a full and complete understanding of what whites that practice racism do and what damage has been and continues to be done by it's continued practice.

And everyone who does not agree with you is a racist.

Racist being an opinion that you are better than someone because of skin color.

So people can't simply disagree with you.
Wrong. Just stop whining because you're going to be shown what has been done to us since slavery ended whether you like it or not.

Oh really,

By who ? You ?

Like I take a racist like you seriously.
I wonder if he's making threats ???

So once again we see the infestation of white supremacists who are allowed to freely post off topic bullshit, troll thread after thread with no deletions, admonishment or penalty.
So now you are attempting to control the moderators, and the site by suggesting that they aren't letting you just freely have your way, and so I guess you are looking for some black privilege now eh ?? So you are attempting to highjack the platform by wanting actions taken against those that don't agree with your racist views ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back