The Stone Cold Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's now time to look at the cold, hard, graphic reality of what racism by whites has entailed. The information used in this thread will come from the book, "White Rage," by Dr. Carol Anderson.

White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide
National Book Critics Circle Award Winner
New York Times Bestseller
A New York Times Notable Book of the Year
A Washington Post Notable Nonfiction Book of the Year
A Boston Globe Best Book of 2016
A Chicago Review of Books Best Nonfiction Book of 2016

From the end of the Civil War to our combustible present, an acclaimed historian reframes the conversation about race, chronicling the powerful forces opposed to black progress in America.

Since 1865 and the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment, every time African Americans have made advances towards full participation in our democracy, white reaction has fueled a deliberate, relentless rollback of their gains. The end of the Civil War and Reconstruction was greeted with the Black Codes and Jim Crow; the Supreme Court’s landmark 1954 Brown v. Board of Education decision was met with the shutting down of public schools throughout the South; the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965 triggered a coded response, the so-called Southern Strategy and the War on Drugs that disenfranchised millions of African Americans.

White Rage — Carol Anderson

Starting with my next post, you will be shown in graphic detail the steps whites took to deprive blacks of equal rights and freedom after slavery ended up until our lifetimes. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. That's a fact and it's time people faced that fact.

973202258-tumblr_nkamg2vYZC1tfx1mao1_1280.jpg

I know you don't agree that advances for black people in America have been great and that you don't agree whites have opposed slavery and racism and thought that black people should have better lives but I would dissagree. There have been setbacks of course, part of which comes down to the fact that we had a civil war which dissrupted U.S. society as a whole... in a huge way. most of the other countries which shook off slavery did not go through such a war... yet, today wherever you look this is a time of great opportunity for African Americans in America to be whatever they want to be in life. How did we get there? It got there for many reasons. Struggle but also the fact that on the ground level people have been rejecting racism.

What I don't agree with is this attitude that somehow I am to be satisfied with an undone job. These opportunities do not exist at the level you claim. This is what blacks here are telling you. Today is the time for whites to start listening instead of always trying to instruct us on how times are for black people.
Whites are supposed to listen when blacks aren't listening to you ?? If you could control the bad blacks just like if we could control the bad whites, and on and on it all goes, then we would be living in a perfect world now wouldn't we ?? Quit fantasizing, and just make the best of you and your families lives already. Let our laws enforce the rest of the situation. Plenty of laws on the books, so if they aren't being enforced, then enforce them, but quit thinking that more laws or special treatment programs are needed because they aren't.

There is no such thing as black privilege.

au contraire monsieur IM2.....>>>

~S~
There is no such thing as black privilege. Opposing racism is not a privilege. Turn black and then tell me about this privilege we have for facing racism and complaining about it. Read the article sparky.

You played yourself.
Facing racism eh ? Hmmm could it be that if you are scoffed at when you are walking through a neighborhood with half your butt showing because your pants are on the ground or they are to your knees, and your boom box is playing profanity n-word music at ear splitting levels, do you think that the disgusting looks you might get aren't justified, otherwise by people in their yards or riding by in cars ?????????????? I pulled up to a gas pump not long ago, and there was an old black friend getting gas on the other side of the island. We began a conversation that was quickly interupted by a young black guy who pulled up to get gas as well. His rap music was at ear splitting levels, and it was pumping out some disgusting lyrics. Me and my friend just gave up on talking because we couldn't hear each other. So we just made a goodbye gesture and went on our way. I felt sorry for my friend, because I could see the sadness in him about the situation.

This thread is not about white privilege or wealth inequality. It IS about what whites have done since the end of slavery to stop or stall progress in the black community.
What is it you want whites to do when they are not stopping or stalling progress in black communities? I would love all communities to succeed, I hinder nobody. I help many small “minority” communities obtain federal grants. Yet you call me racist.

Let us continue with the years after slavery and what it meant for blacks.

Thus far we see that whites went on a killing spree that can only be described as attempted ethnic cleansing. After that, the supreme court pretty much killed the 13th,14th, and 15th amendments by saying that issues of racial discrimination was not a federal concern. So let us move forward with more of the stone cold truth.

The Colfax Massacre (1873)

The Colfax Massacre occurred on April 13, 1873. The battle-turned-massacre took place in the small town of Colfax, Louisiana as a clash between blacks and whites. Three whites and an estimated 150 blacks died in the conflict.

The massacre took place against the backdrop of racial tensions following the hotly contested Louisiana governor’s race of 1872. While the Republicans narrowly won the contest and retained control of the state, white Democrats, angry over the defeat, vowed revenge. In Colfax Parish (county) as in other areas of the state, they organized a white militia to directly challenge the mostly black state militia under the control of the governor.

One incident however, touched off the Colfax massacre. On March 28, local white Democratic leaders called for armed supporters to help them take the Colfax Parish Courthouse from the black and white GOP officeholders on April 1. The Republicans responded by urging their mostly black supporters to defend them. Although nothing happened on April 1, the next day fighting erupted between the two groups.

On April 13, Easter Sunday, more than 300 armed white men, including members of white supremacist organizations such as the Knights of White Camellia and the Ku Klux Klan, attacked the Courthouse building. When the militia maneuvered a cannon to fire on the Courthouse, some of the sixty black defenders fled while others surrendered. When the leader of the attackers, James Hadnot, was accidentally shot by one of his own men, the white militia responded by shooting the black prisoners. Those who were wounded in the earlier battle, particularly black militia members, were singled out for execution The indiscriminate killing spread to African Americans who had not been at the courthouse and continued into the night.

All told, approximately 150 African Americans were killed, including 48 who were murdered after the battle. Only three whites were killed, and few were injured in the largely one-sided battle of Colfax.

The Colfax Massacre (1873) •

So what did the US government do to provide equal protection to newly freed blacks?

U.S. v. Cruikshank

March 27, 1876
The Cruikshank case arose from the 1873 Colfax Massacre, in which a group of armed whites killed more than a hundred African American men as a result of a political dispute. Three men convicted of violating the 1870 Enforcement Act – a law aimed primarily at curbing Ku Klux Klan violence that forbade conspiracies to deny the constitutional rights of any citizen – appealed on the grounds that their indictments were insufficient. When the case reached the Supreme Court, the Court sided with the defendants, holding that the rights they were alleged to have violated were not enforceable in this case. The First and Second Amendment rights to assembly and the bearing of arms were, according to the Court’s ruling, intended only to restrict the actions of the federal government and did not apply to the states or private citizens, and the Fourteenth Amendment rights to due process and equal protection applied only to state action and again, not to the actions of individuals.

https://www.fjc.gov/history/timeline/us-v-cruikshank

Once again Chief Justice Waite, a REPUBLICAN:

Chief Justice Morrison Waite overturned the convictions of the defendants, holding that the plaintiffs had to rely on state courts for protection. Waite ruled that neither the First Amendment nor the Second Amendment applied to the actions of state governments or to individuals. He further ruled that the Due Process Clause and the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment applied to the actions of state governments, but not to individuals. The decision left African Americans in the South at the mercy of increasingly hostile state governments dominated by white Democratic legislatures, and allowed groups such as the Ku Klux Klan to continue to use paramilitary force to suppress black voting.

United States v. Cruikshank - Wikipedia

You made a mistake....this says 1876.

I suspect you are not still butthurt over something that happened 150 years ago.

Are you ?

No there is no mistake. You still celebrate something that happened in 1776, hold men and their ideas as sacred who have been dead 200 years. So this review of how blacks have been treated from the end of slavery until this moment is going to be done.
You would think people would want to celebrate good things, like freedom from British rule. Your comparison to the negative post you repeat is not even close to the same thing.

Identity politics.

It's what he does.

Whites invented identity politics on July 4th, 1776.

And Molly, blacks were not freed in 1776.

This thread is called the Stone Cold Truth and that's what you are going to get. If you can't take it, find another thread.
Blacks today still celebrate July 4th.

~S~
There is no such thing as black privilege. Opposing racism is not a privilege. Turn black and then tell me about this privilege we have for facing racism and complaining about it. Read the article sparky.

You played yourself.
Facing racism eh ? Hmmm could it be that if you are scoffed at when you are walking through a neighborhood with half your butt showing because your pants are on the ground or they are to your knees, and your boom box is playing profanity n-word music at ear splitting levels, do you think that the disgusting looks you might get aren't justified, otherwise by people in their yards or riding by in cars ?????????????? I pulled up to a gas pump not long ago, and there was an old black friend getting gas on the other side of the island. We began a conversation that was quickly interupted by a young black guy who pulled up to get gas as well. His rap music was at ear splitting levels, and it was pumping out some disgusting lyrics. Me and my friend just gave up on talking because we couldn't hear each other. So we just made a goodbye gesture and went on our way. I felt sorry for my friend, because I could see the sadness in him about the situation.
Since your anecdotal does not matter when we are talking about law and policy and we can create the same anecdotal about white tattooed kids dressed in grunge cursing up a storm, blaring metal as they drive down the street, your post is another example of your double standard, refusal of looking at the problems in the white community., white fragility, aversive racism and pure idiocy.

It's now time to look at the cold, hard, graphic reality of what racism by whites has entailed. The information used in this thread will come from the book, "White Rage," by Dr. Carol Anderson.

White Rage: The Unspoken Truth of Our Racial Divide
National Book Critics Circle Award Winner
New York Times Bestseller
A New York Times Notable Book of the Year
A Washington Post Notable Nonfiction Book of the Year
A Boston Globe Best Book of 2016
A Chicago Review of Books Best Nonfiction Book of 2016

From the end of the Civil War to our combustible present, an acclaimed historian reframes the conversation about race, chronicling the powerful forces opposed to black progress in America.

Since 1865 and the passage of the Thirteenth Amendment, every time African Americans have made advances towards full participation in our democracy, white reaction has fueled a deliberate, relentless rollback of their gains. The end of the Civil War and Reconstruction was greeted with the Black Codes and Jim Crow; the Supreme Court’s landmark 1954 Brown v. Board of Education decision was met with the shutting down of public schools throughout the South; the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965 triggered a coded response, the so-called Southern Strategy and the War on Drugs that disenfranchised millions of African Americans.

White Rage — Carol Anderson

Starting with my next post, you will be shown in graphic detail the steps whites took to deprive blacks of equal rights and freedom after slavery ended up until our lifetimes. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. That's a fact and it's time people faced that fact.

973202258-tumblr_nkamg2vYZC1tfx1mao1_1280.jpg

I know you don't agree that advances for black people in America have been great and that you don't agree whites have opposed slavery and racism and thought that black people should have better lives but I would dissagree. There have been setbacks of course, part of which comes down to the fact that we had a civil war which dissrupted U.S. society as a whole... in a huge way. most of the other countries which shook off slavery did not go through such a war... yet, today wherever you look this is a time of great opportunity for African Americans in America to be whatever they want to be in life. How did we get there? It got there for many reasons. Struggle but also the fact that on the ground level people have been rejecting racism.

What I don't agree with is this attitude that somehow I am to be satisfied with an undone job. These opportunities do not exist at the level you claim. This is what blacks here are telling you. Today is the time for whites to start listening instead of always trying to instruct us on how times are for black people.
Whites are supposed to listen when blacks aren't listening to you ?? If you could control the bad blacks just like if we could control the bad whites, and on and on it all goes, then we would be living in a perfect world now wouldn't we ?? Quit fantasizing, and just make the best of you and your families lives already. Let our laws enforce the rest of the situation. Plenty of laws on the books, so if they aren't being enforced, then enforce them, but quit thinking that more laws or special treatment programs are needed because they aren't.
The problem is that laws aren't enforced against whites as they are on blacks. Secondly anti discrimination laws are weakly enforced. And if I am fantasizing provide the date and congressional resolution that was passed that ended white racism. We aren't fantasizing son, stop the attempt to gaslight. You aren't black and don't face what we do. Cease the lectures motherfucker until you turn black and live. Crime has reduced in the black community it has not in the white community and whites were committing more crime even when crime was supposed to be so terrible among blacks. You "experts" on black people need to shut the fuck up and deal with the problem in your own community. I laugh when a white idiot like you talks about special treatment when you are the kings and queens of giving yourselves special treatment. What you need to do is work to end the racism in your community, starting with yourself.

And once again the white "experts" on black people have decided to tell us how to act. Paternalism. And they cannot see how this paternalism is racist. They have never been black or faced what we face but because they don't want to believe whites are racists, even when all they need to do is read posts here, they are full of suggestions about how we are to do things. Again this is another example of white fragility.

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are th e least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue (DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."

Dr. Robin DiAngelo
Perhaps stopping stormfront members from coming here would make things much better.

~S~

You played yourself.
Since your anecdotal does not matter when we are talking about law and policy and we can create the same anecdotal about white tattooed kids dressed in grunge cursing up a storm, blaring metal as they drive down the street, your post is another example of your double standard, refusal of looking at the problems in the white community., white fragility, aversive racism and pure idiocy.
Yeah ok Mr. Racist dude, it don't matter just like in the crime statistics where as blacks are only a small percent of the population, yet they commit the largest % of crimes, and worse they are committing those crimes upon each other at alarming rates. Of course blame whitey for that also right ?? One tattooed white dude out of thousands living peaceful, and doing the right thing, but you try to use him for your come back. Rotflmbo.

As we are now into the third decade of the 21st century, perhaps it has become time for some whites to understand they are not experts on the problems in the black community, the causes of those problems, or the solutions. Anybody can have an opinion. Now before I go any further, there are some definitions we need to understand.

Definition of fact: 1 a : something that has actual existence. b : an actual occurrence. 2 : a piece of information presented as having objective reality. 3: the quality of being actual. 4: a thing done. b archaic : action. c obsolete: feat

Definition of opinion:1 a : a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter. 2 a : belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge. b : a generally held view. 3 a : a formal expression of judgment or advice by an expert. b : the formal expression (as by a judge, court, or referee) of the legal reasons and principles upon which a legal decision is based.

Definition of delusion:1 a : something that is falsely or delusively believed or propagated. b psychology : a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary; also: the abnormal state marked by such beliefs. 2 : the act of tricking or deceiving someone the state of being deluded.

Definition of empirical:1 : originating in or based on observation or experience. 2 : relying on experience or observation alone often without due regard for system and theory. 3 : capable of being verified or disproved by observation or experiment. 4 : of or relating to empiricism.

Books such as “Color of Law”, “White Rage”, “American Apartheid”, “The New Jim Crow”, “We Charge Genocide,” or “Racism without Racists” to name a few, provide example after example of the great pains the America government took to establish and maintain a system based on white racial supremacy. They detail the toll such policies have inflicted upon blacks as well as all other people of color in America. Countless studies have been done detailing the negative effects that purposefully designed racially exclusionary American public policy has had upon black communities. Yet, to say that the root cause of the problems blacks face is due to white racism gets you ridiculed and called all kinds of childish names by racists in the white community and by a few blacks or other nonwhites who have been shamed into not defending themselves to the point of adopting right wing opinions about some kind of imaginary victim mentality.

Here is one more example of how white racism creates a problem for blacks. It is common knowledge in the Black community that having a "Black" name can often lead to, for example, employment applications being discarded, and other similar forms of discrimination. People of all colors with black sounding names get rejected at the interview stage. Here is a quote from someone you have read here in this forum.

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement I was an Engineer. The last 20 years of my career I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never short listed anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.”

“Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid "affirmative action" hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental "diversity" demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time.

Glad I did it. I would do it again.”

That was a quote from a USMB member named flash

I guess blacks just all need to name their children Tom or Jenny Smith because racism has nothing to do with why blacks don’t get hired for certain jobs even now in the 21st century.

On February 26, 2018, 50 years after the Kerner Commission findings, the Economic Policy Institute published a report evaluating the progress of the black community since the Kerner Report was released. It was based on a study done by the Economic Policy Institute that compared the progress of the black community with the condition of the black community at the time of the Kerner Commission. The Kerner Commission met in 1968 and made recommendation on how to move toward racial progress. Titled “50 years after the Kerner Commission,” the study’s central premise was that there had been some improvements in the situation blacks faced but still face disadvantages that were based on race.

Here are some of the findings.

African Americans today are much better educated than they were in 1968 but still lag behind whites in overall educational attainment. More than 90 percent of younger African Americans (ages 25 to 29) have graduated from high school, compared with just over half in 1968—which means they’ve nearly closed the gap with white high school graduation rates. They are also more than twice as likely to have a college degree as in 1968 but are still half as likely as young whites to have a college degree.

The substantial progress in educational attainment of African Americans has been accompanied by significant absolute improvements in wages, incomes, wealth, and health since 1968. But black workers still make only 82.5 cents on every dollar earned by white workers, African Americans are 2.5 times as likely to be in poverty as whites, and the median white family has almost 10 times as much wealth as the median black family.

With respect to homeownership, unemployment, and incarceration, America has failed to deliver any progress for African Americans over the last five decades. In these areas, their situation has either failed to improve relative to whites or has worsened. In 2017 the black unemployment rate was 7.5 percent, up from 6.7 percent in 1968, and is still roughly twice the white unemployment rate. In 2015, the black homeownership rate was just over 40 percent, virtually unchanged since 1968, and trailing a full 30 points behind the white homeownership rate, which saw modest gains over the same period. And the share of African Americans in prison or jail almost tripled between 1968 and 2016 and is currently more than six times the white incarceration rate.

Following up on this, Richard Rothstein of the Economic Policy Institute, wrote an op ed published in the February 28th edition of the New York Daily News entitled, “50 years after the Kerner Commission, minimal racial progress.” It had been 50 years since the commission made those recommendations at that point, yet Rothstein makes this statement: So little has changed since 1968 that the report remains worth reading as a near-contemporary description of racial inequality.” People knowing nothing about responsibility want to lecture us on being accountable for our own situation. Since our situation is caused by white racism, we are held accountable and responsible to point it out and then demand that it stop.

I am not going to keep listening to racists who want to tell me about the people I have lived with and around almost every day for 59 years. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. This can be shown to be something that has actual existence; an actual occurrence. a piece of information presented as having objective reality; the quality of being actual; a thing done; archaic : action. c obsolete: feat . It is originating in or based on observation or experience; relying on experience or observation alone often without due regard for system and theory; capable of being verified or disproved by observation or experiment; of or relating to empiricism.

It is not what beagle and other whites like him have represented which is a : a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter. 2 a : belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge. b : a generally held view. 3 a : a formal expression of judgment or advice by an expert. b : the formal expression (as by a judge, court, or referee) of the legal reasons and principles upon which a legal decision is based. It comes from something that is falsely or delusively believed or propagated. b psychology : a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary; also: the abnormal state marked by such beliefs. 2 : the act of tricking or deceiving someone the state of being deluded.

~S~

You played yourself.
Yeah ok Mr. Racist dude, it don't matter just like in the crime statistics where as blacks are only a small percent of the population, yet they commit the largest % of crimes, and worse they are committing those crimes upon each other at alarming rates. Of course blame whitey for that also right ?? One tattooed white dude out of thousands living peaceful, and doing the right thing, but you try to use him for your come back. Rotflmbo.
You presented one black dude with his pants sagging while the majority of blacks don't sag and don't commit crimes. Whites commit the largest percentage of all crimes annually. 2.5 times more than blacks and that's every year. Whites commit those crimes against each other at the same rate as blacks do against each other.

Definition of delusion:1 a : something that is falsely or delusively believed or propagated. b psychology : a persistent false psychotic belief regarding the self or persons or objects outside the self that is maintained despite indisputable evidence to the contrary; also: the abnormal state marked by such beliefs. 2 : the act of tricking or deceiving someone the state of being deluded.

You are delusional son.

Anybody can have an opinion
which you're now actively harvesting from your racist threads to impart out of context , IE~ 'definition of delusion'

~S~
My threads aren't racist and you are delusional to say that. So when you show me where I have SPECIFICALLY said blacks are inherently better than whites, let me know.

which you're now actively harvesting from your racist threads to impart out of context , IE~ 'definition of delusion'

~S~
My threads aren't racist and you are delusional to say that. So when you show me where I have SPECIFICALLY said blacks are inherently better than whites, let me know.

So you can copy/chop/paste my opinion into another of your 'I ain't no racist' threads IM2 ?

no thx

~S~

~S~

So you can copy/chop/paste my opinion into another of your 'I ain't no racist' threads IM2 ?

no thx

~S~

Your words are in this thread. Just admit that you know I have never said blacks were inherently better than whites and move along. This thread is about things whites have actually done since slavery ended because you guys want to excuse yourselves by making claims about how you weren't here, or you didn't own slaves, or that was in the past, except when it comes to blaming democrats for slavery. So it is not racist to point out how whites have continued their racism. There is no definition of racism anywhere that says describing racism done by whites is racism.

Now if I were calling whites racist and they were not participating in racism now, then you might have a gripe. But when you have a person who comes in here declaring how America is made only for whites and he claims he is not a racist, that's delusional. When you read posts from other whites that you don't object to, spewing racism then act like racism is something we imagine, that's delusional. And then when you call blacks racists for pointing out the racism we face, that's delusional.

You do at least number 3. Therefore you are delusional.

~S~

You played yourself.
You presented one black dude with his pants sagging while the majority of blacks don't sag and don't commit crimes. Whites commit the largest percentage of all crimes annually. 2.5 times more than blacks and that's every year. Whites commit those crimes against each other at the same rate as blacks do against each other.

You are delusional son.

Whites may commit 2.5 times more crimes than Blacks but that may be because there are 2.5 times as many white people than there are black people. We have all seen the FBI statistic charts, there's no reason to pull one up, but blacks at 14 % of the population do commit a percentage of crime greater than their population reflects. What does all that mean to me? not much... this is just the conversation that goes on and on and on... yes, we whites commit a lot of crimes.. what makes you think though that the "white" community ( I see us all as the same community.. the American Community) is not doing anything about it? of course we are.. problem is life is just F'd up it will never be perfect. There are programs, church groups and plenty attempts to create social awareness about crime. And of course there is punishment as well and laws on the books that were created because of public outcry at some point.
Then there is the attempt to create an environment of education, knowing that that alone giving kids a sense of hope is one of the greatest deterents to crime.
Success in life is very much about momentum and moving forward, and losing that forward momentum is often the hardest obstacle to get over. That dynamic occurs in the micro sense of an individuals life, but also in the Macro sense.... family unit and upwards from there. Societal positive momentum is sort of maintained by holding each other accountable as well,
However.. this all is much more complicated than a White person telling a Black person... "get your community in order" and vice versa, when you say the same thing to a white. It just doesn't happen that way.
And that doesn't mean that we all don't have a desire for a better world. Sometimes we all blame each other way too much in an imperfect world that has been made imperfect by more than one thing. And talking about race and racism is like taking apart an onion, one layer leads to another, someone is ALWAYS going to be offended, so with all do respect, you cant tell people to shut up while on another thread, wonder why people don't want to talk about race. Everyone has their way of trying to approach the subject and perhaps its the only way they can.

So back to race and crime, racism? I don't believe any of it is about genetics, though race is the visible thing that is the easiest to focus on. Crime and racism is tied to societal development of course because usually groups develop separate from each other with different obsticals and advantages , interactions and sometimes isolation, there are going to be different outcomes.
Blacks may commit a higher percentage of crime based on population, but its only because of circumstance and not race. Same goes for whites.
Proof is take a look at Iceland, its a small mostly white country that has had minimal societal disruption. They have like one murder a year.. if even that, and very little crime. They don't have prisons or jails to speak of. And what is the difference between them and white people living in the US who commit huge amounts of various crimes in comparison? is it genetic? No its not.
same could probably be said for isolated tribes in the jungles of South America and Africa. Societal development and disruption is a much greater factor than race in my opinion. In conclusion, Race however is very visual so that is what is always focused on rather than deeper and more complex factors.

In the real world though, whats the solutions? thats the hard part. We have laws on the books but yes it does take social awareness. Creating social awareness however doesn't need to be done in a way that keeps making people enemies, because thats not constructive. It defeats the entire purpose.

~S~

You played yourself.

You are delusional son.

Whites may commit 2.5 times more crimes than Blacks but that may be because there are 2.5 times as many white people than there are black people. We have all seen the FBI statistic charts, there's no reason to pull one up, but blacks at 14 % of the population do commit a percentage of crime greater than their population reflects. What does all that mean to me? not much... this is just the conversation that goes on and on and on... yes, we whites commit a lot of crimes.. what makes you think though that the "white" community ( I see us all as the same community.. the American Community) is not doing anything about it? of course we are.. problem is life is just F'd up it will never be perfect. There are programs, church groups and plenty attempts to create social awareness about crime. And of course there is punishment as well and laws on the books that were created because of public outcry at some point.
Then there is the attempt to create an environment of education, knowing that that alone giving kids a sense of hope is one of the greatest deterents to crime.
Success in life is very much about momentum and moving forward, and losing that forward momentum is often the hardest obstacle to get over. That dynamic occurs in the micro sense of an individuals life, but also in the Macro sense.... family unit and upwards from there. Societal positive momentum is sort of maintained by holding each other accountable as well,
However.. this all is much more complicated than a White person telling a Black person... "get your community in order" and vice versa, when you say the same thing to a white. It just doesn't happen that way.
And that doesn't mean that we all don't have a desire for a better world. Sometimes we all blame each other way too much in an imperfect world that has been made imperfect by more than one thing. And talking about race and racism is like taking apart an onion, one layer leads to another, someone is ALWAYS going to be offended, so with all do respect, you cant tell people to shut up while on another thread, wonder why people don't want to talk about race. Everyone has their way of trying to approach the subject and perhaps its the only way they can.

So back to race and crime, racism? I don't believe any of it is about genetics, though race is the visible thing that is the easiest to focus on. Crime and racism is tied to societal development of course because usually groups develop separate from each other with different obsticals and advantages , interactions and sometimes isolation, there are going to be different outcomes.
Blacks may commit a higher percentage of crime based on population, but its only because of circumstance and not race. Same goes for whites.
Proof is take a look at Iceland, its a small mostly white country that has had minimal societal disruption. They have like one murder a year.. if even that, and very little crime. They don't have prisons or jails to speak of. And what is the difference between them and white people living in the US who commit huge amounts of various crimes in comparison? is it genetic? No its not.
same could probably be said for isolated tribes in the jungles of South America and Africa. Societal development and disruption is a much greater factor than race in my opinion. In conclusion, Race however is very visual so that is what is always focused on rather than deeper and more complex factors.

In the real world though, whats the solutions? thats the hard part. We have laws on the books but yes it does take social awareness. Creating social awareness however doesn't need to be done in a way that keeps making people enemies, because thats not constructive. It defeats the entire purpose.
Who gets to decide what is and is not a crime ?

"You have never answered what laws and policies today benefit only white people."

Why is it white people like Molly always ask this ignorant question. It provides us with examples of the problems whites have relative to the issue of race and white fragility.

Number 1- is the belief in teflon history.

The Teflon Theory of American History says that anything that took place over 30 years ago is Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on the present. Or not much. Unless it was something good like the light bulb or the Declaration of Independence. Therefore those who make a big deal of the bad stuff in the past, like slavery, are Living in the Past and need to Get Over It.

For example:

Jim Crow laws were overturned by the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s. Therefore according to Teflon Theory the Jim Crow period is now Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on how White Americans alive today think and act. None whatsoever. Or not much. So racism is pretty much dead.

Instead of Jim Crow’s effect slowly weakening over time like you would expect, Teflon Theory would have you suppose that it just disappeared like magic one afternoon sometime in the late 1960s. Even though many White Americans alive now were alive back in Jim Crow times. Even though many others were brought up and shaped by those who were alive back then: parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, writers, film directors, television producers, news editors and so on.

Few sit on a mountain top to come up with their beliefs all on their own. Instead most people pretty much go along with what everyone else already believes with maybe a few twists here and there. Such beliefs come from the past.

So then why is Teflon Theory believed?

• Because of how American history is taught:
    • American history is taught as dates and people and facts that have little to do with each other. Sometimes the Effects of the the Civil War or Industrialization are studied, for example, but not so for the evil stuff – like how slavery and genocide led to present-day White American wealth, power and racism.
    • American history as taught rarely comes up to the present day. History becomes something in the past, in a book, not something we live in right now.
  • Because of the needs of White American self-image:
    • White Americans want to think they are Basically Good and their society is Basically Just. Without Teflon Theory that becomes laughable since it flies in the face of history, common sense and human nature.
    • White Americans avoid honestly facing up to their past because deep down they know it is ugly. Teflon Theory acts as a guard against having to take it seriously.
  • Because middle-class whites are protected from the ugly present:
    • Those who live in Apple-pie America rarely see first-hand the injustice that their comfortable lives are built on. And what injustice they do see on occasion, like black ghettos or wars on television fought overseas in their name, they have already learned to not see as injustice. But being protected from the ugly present makes the ugly past seem like another world, like it truly is ancient history with no bearing on the present.

Number 2, that white privilege allows them a racial arrogance whereby they can deny the effects of racism even when they know what they have been told is true.

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are th e least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism.Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue (DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."

Dr. Robin DiAngelo
Molly you are nothing more than a modern racist practicing the new methods of racism.

Racism today is practiced in a new way and it's not overt in practice but covert in policy. We now face perhaps an insidious and arrogant type of white backlash. Whites who are “tired of hearing” blacks and other non whites protesting and complaining about white racism. These are whites who have cried since the Civil Rights act was passed, making up a fake discrimination against whites they have taken to the supreme court time after time in the hopes of ending equal protection under the law for non-whites. This backlash takes several forms.

Modern racism, symbolic racism, symbolic prejudice, or racial resentment, are beliefs that reflect an underlying prejudice towards black and non-white people in the United States. The difference in modern racism than old time classic white racism is that the attacks focus on a groups culture. Modern racism is not face to face, it is primarily done online and in social media.

Aversive racism is a form of racism practiced today which might as well be called subtle racism. People who are aversive racists claim to be non racist while at the same time expressing negative feelings and beliefs about members of other races. It has also been called colorblind racism. However, since that term confuses some whites because they cannot understand why we can say they are colorblind and still be racist, we’ll stick with the term aversive racism. Regardless of its “subtlety”, aversive racism has resulted in significant and harmful consequences that basically mirror the effects of overt racism. These significant and harmful consequences are called entitlement reform, immigration, welfare reform, voter fraud and many other things that are actually policies designed to take away things from non-whites. “I’m colorblind and if you talk about racism, you are the racist”. This is how racism is played today.
There you go again calling me a racist, which I am not. I point out the hypocrisy of your posts. YOU are racists against people just because they are white. What have I EVER said that was racist? NOTHING. You get defiant because you won't truthfully answer what laws or policies are in effect TODAY that are for whites only. NONE. How am I racist? You constantly put down whites only, only white people do bad in your opinion, etc etc. I do not deny whites can be bad, as any other race. You make excuses, I don't. I don't deny racism exists, in all races, You do deny blacks can be racists. Find even ONE example of my racism.
In a system of white supremacy. White supremacy is the law. They can kill black people as long they get their lie straight they'll be fine.

White supreamcists can fire, not hire, evict, throw out, expel, refuse, beat black ppl any time they want and not be punished.

Why ?

Because white supreamcy is the law

~S~

You played yourself.

You are delusional son.

Who gets to decide what is and is not a crime ?
Good grief, and therefore the definition of is, is what ?? You're making Bill Clinton proud.

"You have never answered what laws and policies today benefit only white people."

Why is it white people like Molly always ask this ignorant question. It provides us with examples of the problems whites have relative to the issue of race and white fragility.

The Teflon Theory of American History says that anything that took place over 30 years ago is Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on the present. Or not much. Unless it was something good like the light bulb or the Declaration of Independence. Therefore those who make a big deal of the bad stuff in the past, like slavery, are Living in the Past and need to Get Over It.

For example:

Jim Crow laws were overturned by the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s. Therefore according to Teflon Theory the Jim Crow period is now Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on how White Americans alive today think and act. None whatsoever. Or not much. So racism is pretty much dead.

Instead of Jim Crow’s effect slowly weakening over time like you would expect, Teflon Theory would have you suppose that it just disappeared like magic one afternoon sometime in the late 1960s. Even though many White Americans alive now were alive back in Jim Crow times. Even though many others were brought up and shaped by those who were alive back then: parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, writers, film directors, television producers, news editors and so on.

Few sit on a mountain top to come up with their beliefs all on their own. Instead most people pretty much go along with what everyone else already believes with maybe a few twists here and there. Such beliefs come from the past.

• American history is taught as dates and people and facts that have little to do with each other. Sometimes the Effects of the the Civil War or Industrialization are studied, for example, but not so for the evil stuff – like how slavery and genocide led to present-day White American wealth, power and racism.
    • American history as taught rarely comes up to the present day. History becomes something in the past, in a book, not something we live in right now.
    • White Americans want to think they are Basically Good and their society is Basically Just. Without Teflon Theory that becomes laughable since it flies in the face of history, common sense and human nature.
    • White Americans avoid honestly facing up to their past because deep down they know it is ugly. Teflon Theory acts as a guard against having to take it seriously.
    • Those who live in Apple-pie America rarely see first-hand the injustice that their comfortable lives are built on. And what injustice they do see on occasion, like black ghettos or wars on television fought overseas in their name, they have already learned to not see as injustice. But being protected from the ugly present makes the ugly past seem like another world, like it truly is ancient history with no bearing on the present.

Number 2, that white privilege allows them a racial arrogance whereby they can deny the effects of racism even when they know what they have been told is true.

Dr. Robin DiAngelo
Molly you are nothing more than a modern racist practicing the new methods of racism.

Racism today is practiced in a new way and it's not overt in practice but covert in policy. We now face perhaps an insidious and arrogant type of white backlash. Whites who are “tired of hearing” blacks and other non whites protesting and complaining about white racism. These are whites who have cried since the Civil Rights act was passed, making up a fake discrimination against whites they have taken to the supreme court time after time in the hopes of ending equal protection under the law for non-whites. This backlash takes several forms.

Modern racism, symbolic racism, symbolic prejudice, or racial resentment, are beliefs that reflect an underlying prejudice towards black and non-white people in the United States. The difference in modern racism than old time classic white racism is that the attacks focus on a groups culture. Modern racism is not face to face, it is primarily done online and in social media.

Aversive racism is a form of racism practiced today which might as well be called subtle racism. People who are aversive racists claim to be non racist while at the same time expressing negative feelings and beliefs about members of other races. It has also been called colorblind racism. However, since that term confuses some whites because they cannot understand why we can say they are colorblind and still be racist, we’ll stick with the term aversive racism. Regardless of its “subtlety”, aversive racism has resulted in significant and harmful consequences that basically mirror the effects of overt racism. These significant and harmful consequences are called entitlement reform, immigration, welfare reform, voter fraud and many other things that are actually policies designed to take away things from non-whites. “I’m colorblind and if you talk about racism, you are the racist”. This is how racism is played today.
There you go again calling me a racist, which I am not. I point out the hypocrisy of your posts. YOU are racists against people just because they are white. What have I EVER said that was racist? NOTHING. You get defiant because you won't truthfully answer what laws or policies are in effect TODAY that are for whites only. NONE. How am I racist? You constantly put down whites only, only white people do bad in your opinion, etc etc. I do not deny whites can be bad, as any other race. You make excuses, I don't. I don't deny racism exists, in all races, You do deny blacks can be racists. Find even ONE example of my racism.
In a system of white supremacy. White supremacy is the law. They can kill black people as long they get their lie straight they'll be fine.

White supreamcists can fire, not hire, evict, throw out, expel, refuse, beat black ppl any time they want and not be punished.

Why ?

White Supremacy is NOT the law. If there is white supremacy in LAW, it is an abuse of the law. We have laws, now the task is simply to apply them fairly. It's true its not always fair. But wait, your saying white supremists can go out and beat black people right now and not be punished?
really? I can say Im a white supremist now... go out, find a black person, small and weak.. beat him up and not get punished? I'm not going to go to jail? Im not going to get sued?

Explain to me how these white supremist laws are going to keep me from getting arrested.

What you just posted is a bunch of extremely, one sided, biased opinion... bypassing thoughts and efforts of millions of people throughout the U.S.

For example:

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

Why ?

And where is all this taken place again ??? Get back to us when you got something worth reporting concerning your personal experience of victim hood, because right now you're just speaking bullcrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back