The stock market is crashing

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Which will mean Trump will soon be President.

trump.jpg

Now that you mention it, trump could easily find a way to link this to anti China rhetoric. People fall for that easily, much like his ad showing, I believe it was, Moroccans walking?

The stock market is not crashing, it's simply a long overdue correction.

The 'Conservatives' have been cheering for a crash for the last six years. Yes, a Chinese meltdown is going to affect our market. Negative at first, then a positive. Many industries will have to bring the manufacturing back here, or simply close up shop. Investing big time in countries with unstable economies and political structure is a very good way to lose a lot of money.

Now that you mention it, trump could easily find a way to link this to anti China rhetoric. People fall for that easily, much like his ad showing, I believe it was, Moroccans walking?
Or illegal immigrants. I'm sure he could figure a way to blame the Muslims, maybe even the blacks. However, what you won't hear him say is that this is a market correction caused by an over supply of oil due to increased drilling and reduced demand primarily in China but also other countries. So far the US has been largely unaffected.

I think 2016 is going to be a great year to buy stocks Since I have no idea where it's going to bottom out, I'm going to dollar cost average.

The 'Conservatives' have been cheering for a crash for the last six years. Yes, a Chinese meltdown is going to affect our market. Negative at first, then a positive. Many industries will have to bring the manufacturing back here, or simply close up shop. Investing big time in countries with unstable economies and political structure is a very good way to lose a lot of money.
I don't see how China's economic problems would bring any jobs back to the US. They have devalued their currencies making their costs lower in US dollars and if the economic decline continues, suppliers in china are going to cutting prices.

I don't see how China's economic problems would bring any jobs back to the US. They have devalued their currencies making their costs lower in US dollars and if the economic decline continues, suppliers in china are going to cutting prices.
There is a lot of pentup frustration in China with the existing political system. If this boils over, they may not be exporting that much for a while.

The stock market is not crashing, it's simply a long overdue correction.

The problem is what is causing this "correction" there are problems in the US economy and other factors are weighing in as well. This isn't a normal correction

There is a lot of pentup frustration in China with the existing political system. If this boils over, they may not be exporting that much for a while.
That's possible but not likely . Most Chinese today have seen a big increase in their standard of living. China's unemployment rate is less than 5% and has increased less than .7% over the last 4 years. For most Chinese turning against their government that has overseen more economic progress in the last 30 years than last 300 years would be unthinkable.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back