The Senate Will Not Waste Its Time Considering a Democrat Bill Which the President Won’t Sign

Pelosi can go pound sand. No border wall funding, no deal. The shutdown can continue till hell freezes over as far as I am concerned.

McConnell said the Senate won’t even consider legislation passed by the House Democrats this week because it won’t include border wall funding. “Democrats will have to get serious about border security so that a government funding agreement can pass the House, earn 60 votes in the Senate, and receive a presidential signature,” McConnell said, adding, “All three of these things are needed. One partisan vote in the House won’t solve anything.”

“As I’ve said consistently for the last two weeks, the Senate will not waste its time considering a Democratic bill which cannot pass this chamber and which the President will not sign,” McConnell said.

TheGatewayPundit ^ | January 2, 2019

So what you are saying is that the once proud Senate is now nothing but a lapdog for the POTUS, they will do the bidding of the POTUS. What is the point of them even being there then?

No, the Senate just isn't going to waste its time debating and voting on measures that will never be implemented, just because and out of control House of Representatives is passing the measures.

So, they will be lap dogs for the POTUS and never send him a bill and make him not sign it. I guess the plus side is that there will not be a significant piece of legislation passed in the next two years, so that is a win for the citizens.
The senate was sure a lap dog for Obama, what makes you think this is different?

I heard the Democrats are simply going to vote on the Republican Bill the GOP in the Senate already voted on Unanimously approving.

Do you understand how stupid that's going to make Republicans look?

They refuse to vote for a bill they already voted on unanimously? They will be a laughingstock................................again.

This isn’t a democrat-republican debate, we Americans need this wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. This is the point, the only problem that Chuck and Nancy have with the Wall is that President Trump is advocating for it.

In the Pre-Trump days they were hot to trot to build a wall. Trump's election is the only difference.

Seems if they were "hot to trot" to build a wall prior to Trump then we would have a wall now.
Finally, YOU got it right....it took awhile, but you did it.

Pelosi can go pound sand. No border wall funding, no deal. The shutdown can continue till hell freezes over as far as I am concerned.

McConnell said the Senate won’t even consider legislation passed by the House Democrats this week because it won’t include border wall funding. “Democrats will have to get serious about border security so that a government funding agreement can pass the House, earn 60 votes in the Senate, and receive a presidential signature,” McConnell said, adding, “All three of these things are needed. One partisan vote in the House won’t solve anything.”

“As I’ve said consistently for the last two weeks, the Senate will not waste its time considering a Democratic bill which cannot pass this chamber and which the President will not sign,” McConnell said.

So what you are saying is that the once proud Senate is now nothing but a lapdog for the POTUS, they will do the bidding of the POTUS. What is the point of them even being there then?

No, the Senate just isn't going to waste its time debating and voting on measures that will never be implemented, just because and out of control House of Representatives is passing the measures.

So, they will be lap dogs for the POTUS and never send him a bill and make him not sign it. I guess the plus side is that there will not be a significant piece of legislation passed in the next two years, so that is a win for the citizens.
The senate was sure a lap dog for Obama, what makes you think this is different?
This is a GOP Senate doofus

If the wall is such a bad idea that won't work, the Dems should let it go through. It only cost $5 B, and they can campaign to tear it down in 2020 if it fails.
The problem the DEMs have with the wall is once it's built there's no way ANY DEM would EVER been seen trying to knock down the wall. The optics would destroy the DEM party forever. That's why the DEMS are so determined never to have a wall.
The wonderful irony is there is already hundreds of miles of various types of barriers/walls along the S. border.

I heard the Democrats are simply going to vote on the Republican Bill the GOP in the Senate already voted on Unanimously approving.

Do you understand how stupid that's going to make Republicans look?

They refuse to vote for a bill they already voted on unanimously? They will be a laughingstock................................again.

Its going to make the Democrats look stupid, actually, dean.

Trump has already made it clear that a bill without a wall is a NONSTARTER.

It would be a total waste of time to vote on this.
Sorry, Republicans already voted on it and passed it unanimously.

If anyone looks stupid...........well.............you know.
When was that senate vote, Dean? I hadn't heard, thank you in advance.
Try paying attention.

Republicans need to stop obstructing. How could they know if tRump will sign it or not? The way he changes his mind every five minutes he doesn't even know yet.

LMAO didn't hear you requesting the Dems stop obstructing when the Reps had the House and any bills they sent to the Senate landed in the circular file.
The republicans were sending nonsense they would never have approved themselves if they thought it had a chance in hell in the Senate. It was just a ploy to make themselves look better to their easily manipulated base.

Republicans need to stop obstructing. How could they know if tRump will sign it or not? The way he changes his mind every five minutes he doesn't even know yet.

LMAO didn't hear you requesting the Dems stop obstructing when the Reps had the House and any bills they sent to the Senate landed in the circular file.
The republicans were sending nonsense they would never have approved themselves if they thought it had a chance in hell in the Senate. It was just a ploy to make themselves look better to their easily manipulated base.

Well the Dems will be sending "nonsense" as you call it. It will also be shit canned.

Hope they have fun.

I think the easily manipulated base is Pelosi's biggest problem. It's possibly impossible that every one of the 33% or whatever that still supports Trump actually falls for the bs of a 2200 mile contiguous 'wall." Even Trump acknowledged that concrete ain't happening, and even the ridiculous "prototypes" that don't work aren't "walls."
But whatever happens, Trump will say "I won." He could have been raped by two Russian thugs and left naked in the gutter, and if he said "I won," his supporters would cheer.

Well the Dems will be sending "nonsense" as you call it. It will also be shit canned.

Hope they have fun.
No, they will be sending bills. You are confusing conservitards with real legislators.

Pelosi will lead the Leftists further down the path of dividing America in their attempt to destroy Trump and anyone associated with him while covering up all the Democrat crimes exposed during Mueller's investigation thus far.

Conducting the people's business and / or doing anything for the good of the nation instead of their party will be completely lost / ignored.

Hope they have fun.
No, they will be sending bills. You are confusing conservitards with real legislators.

Real bills?? Just like the Reps sent??

If the Dems are real legislators then so are the Reps.

Of course neither are worth a damn.

I think the easily manipulated base is Pelosi's biggest problem. It's possibly impossible that every one of the 33% or whatever that still supports Trump actually falls for the bs of a 2200 mile contiguous 'wall." Even Trump acknowledged that concrete ain't happening, and even the ridiculous "prototypes" that don't work aren't "walls."
But whatever happens, Trump will say "I won." He could have been raped by two Russian thugs and left naked in the gutter, and if he said "I won," his supporters would cheer.
A workable solution to the wall issue has already been posted here.
The Wall Solution to Satisfy Everyone

There is a solution to this whole Wall debate that can make everyone happy.

Don't build the wall but let Trump tell his supporters that it's built.

This satisfies liberals as it doesn't waste funds on an imaginary issue with a solution that doesn't really do anything.

It satisfies Trump because he gets to brag that he accomplished his goal. (Isn't that all he really cares about anyway?)

And his supporters get to feel safer and like they won the argument. Since Trump supporters will believe literally anything Trump says, with no need to verify, the absence of an actual wall won't really matter to them.

Everyone wins!

:wtf:

Can you go any further off the cliff with your ridiculous fairytale? I believe you Trump-hating snowflakes can do better.....give it another shot.

:p

Hope they have fun.

You're wrong.

That's not unusual.

Hope they have fun.
And if the dems re-approved the 1.6 billion in border security they already included in the stop gap spending deal that Trump reneged on after the RW media called him "soft," Trump would claim the dems caved and he "won bigtime."

Hope they have fun.

Dems arent real legislators. You're always wrong. It defies all logic and casts a different light on what the law of averages really means.

Hope they have fun.

You're wrong.

That's not unusual.

Nope. I'm oh so right.

That's not unusual.

Forum List

Back