The Senate Will Not Waste Its Time Considering a Democrat Bill Which the President Won’t Sign

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Pelosi can go pound sand. No border wall funding, no deal. The shutdown can continue till hell freezes over as far as I am concerned.

McConnell said the Senate won’t even consider legislation passed by the House Democrats this week because it won’t include border wall funding. “Democrats will have to get serious about border security so that a government funding agreement can pass the House, earn 60 votes in the Senate, and receive a presidential signature,” McConnell said, adding, “All three of these things are needed. One partisan vote in the House won’t solve anything.”

“As I’ve said consistently for the last two weeks, the Senate will not waste its time considering a Democratic bill which cannot pass this chamber and which the President will not sign,” McConnell said.

TheGatewayPundit ^ | January 2, 2019

Let's hope the Republican Party has finally grown a backbone.

If they cave on this, it will be a slaughter in 2020. They'll be lucky if a Republican gets elected dog catcher.

Pelosi can go pound sand. No border wall funding, no deal. The shutdown can continue till hell freezes over as far as I am concerned.

McConnell said the Senate won’t even consider legislation passed by the House Democrats this week because it won’t include border wall funding. “Democrats will have to get serious about border security so that a government funding agreement can pass the House, earn 60 votes in the Senate, and receive a presidential signature,” McConnell said, adding, “All three of these things are needed. One partisan vote in the House won’t solve anything.”

“As I’ve said consistently for the last two weeks, the Senate will not waste its time considering a Democratic bill which cannot pass this chamber and which the President will not sign,” McConnell said.

Why not? How many bills did they send to Obama knowing he would not sign them?

:auiqs.jpg:

Republicans need to stop obstructing. How could they know if tRump will sign it or not? The way he changes his mind every five minutes he doesn't even know yet.

Republicans need to stop obstructing. How could they know if tRump will sign it or not? The way he changes his mind every five minutes he doesn't even know yet.

The GOP isn't "obstructing" at all.

The Dems don't have a 2/3 majority even in the House to override Trump's veto.

A bill without a wall is a non-starter, Nancy needs to stop wasting time.

I heard the Democrats are simply going to vote on the Republican Bill the GOP in the Senate already voted on Unanimously approving.

Do you understand how stupid that's going to make Republicans look?

They refuse to vote for a bill they already voted on unanimously? They will be a laughingstock................................again.

I heard the Democrats are simply going to vote on the Republican Bill the GOP in the Senate already voted on Unanimously approving.

They refuse to vote for a bill they already voted on unanimously? They will be a laughingstock................................again.

Its going to make the Democrats look stupid, actually, dean.

Trump has already made it clear that a bill without a wall is a NONSTARTER.

It would be a total waste of time to vote on this.

Agreed. Even though tRump thinks he is some kind of a commie dictator as a tyrant and a fool, obstructing the government much longer would be more of a unjustified act of creating a national security incident in particular over a maniac wall obsession. Additionally and hopefully for tRump to come under extraordinary measures including any GOPer cronies of his for this blatant act of engaging in extortion tactics against Congress. tRump who is a fake and a traitor is not worth any more of his uncouth disruptions.

Sorry, Republicans already voted on it and passed it unanimously.

If anyone looks stupid...........well.............you know.

When was that senate vote, Dean? I hadn't heard, thank you in advance.

With Washington a little more than 24 hours away from a partial government shutdown, the House of Representatives on Thursday passed a spending bill that includes an additional $5 billion for President Donald Trump's long-promised border wall. The vote was 217-185.

The $5 billion is in line with what the President has requested of Congress, but passage of the measure significantly raises the chances that the government will at least partially shut down at the end of the week.
That's because the bill next heads to the Senate, where it is expected to be dead on arrival due to opposition over the border wall money.
Democrats have already made clear they will not support $5 billion for the wall, and any spending measure would need bipartisan support to pass in the Senate.
House passes spending bill with $5 billion for Trump's border wall - CNNPolitics

Back to the drawing board, Deano

If you want a wall , you float a bill for it . It gets debated bla bla bla. Voted on etc..

That’s how you do things . You don’t shit the gov down in a temper tantrum to get your way .

When was that senate vote, Dean? I hadn't heard, thank you in advance.
The day before the shutdown.

Remember? Right after the unanimous voice vote everyone went home?

It was all over the news.

Senate passes stop-gap funding bill in effort to avert government shutdown

Partial government shutdown likely to continue until after Christmas

Government set to shut down, as House and Senate leave for the night

First Trump said he was going to sign it. But after he was blasted by Anne Coulter and Rush Limbaugh, he changed his mind.

You would have to be hiding to have missed it.

If the wall is such a bad idea that won't work, the Dems should let it go through. It only cost $5 B, and they can campaign to tear it down in 2020 if it fails.

It was even in Schumer's remarks:

Last night, the Senate passed by voice, unanimously, a bill proposed by Leader McConnell. All speaker Ryan has to do is put it on the floor of the House, it will get a majority of votes, and the president can sign it and avoid a shutdown.

“But, unfortunately, President Trump was attacked this morning and last night by the hard right, and fearful, he backed off his commitment to sign this bill. Republican leaders told us yesterday that he was ready to sign the bi-partisan bill that passed the Senate unanimously, every Democrat and every Republican, to avoid a government shutdown.

Schumer Remarks On The Need To Avoid A Trump Shutdown | Senate Democratic Leadership

I can't believe you guys don't know what's going on.

How can you have a discussion when you don't know what happened?

It was even in Schumer's remarks:

Last night, the Senate passed by voice, unanimously, a bill proposed by Leader McConnell. All speaker Ryan has to do is put it on the floor of the House, it will get a majority of votes, and the president can sign it and avoid a shutdown.

“But, unfortunately, President Trump was attacked this morning and last night by the hard right, and fearful, he backed off his commitment to sign this bill. Republican leaders told us yesterday that he was ready to sign the bi-partisan bill that passed the Senate unanimously, every Democrat and every Republican, to avoid a government shutdown.

Schumer Remarks On The Need To Avoid A Trump Shutdown | Senate Democratic Leadership

I can't believe you guys don't know what's going on.

How can you have a discussion when you don't know what happened?

Trump had no intention of signing that atrocity, dean.

In fact, he phoned a leading media voice to make that perfectly clear.

That's some funny shit right there. How do you know what is and isn't a "non-starter"? The last one wasn't. tRump was fine with it until Anne Coulter started horsing around. Do you really want our country to be governed on the basis of which rwnj media personality is pissed off?

That's some funny shit right there. How do you know what is and isn't a "non-starter"? The last one wasn't. tRump was fine with it until Anne Coulter started horsing around. Do you really want our country to be governed on the basis of which rwnj media personality is pissed off?

Ann Coulter is a citizen who exercised her constitutional right to petition her President.

That's in the 1st Amendment, BTW.

I thought everyone was cool with citizens getting involved in political action?

Ann Coulter is a citizen who exercised her constitutional right to petition her President.

Lol, so now "petition the president" means to bad-mouth him on your radio show or whatever?

So, when do the rest of us get our own show so we can influence policy decisions as well?

Lol, so now "petition the president" means to bad-mouth him on your radio show or whatever?

So, when do the rest of us get our own show so we can influence policy decisions as well?

Ann Coulter doesn't have a radio program.

Forum List

Back