The Reprehensible Right: Judge rules against Florida on felons paying fines to vote

Voting rights may not be subject to the ability to write a check.
Presumably anyone with a pen and a checkbook has the ability to write a check.

Whether it's the person's own account or someone else's, or whether there are sufficient funds in the account, or whether the person has the option of not writing a check or if it's a bill that must be paid regardless are other issues.

Some banks even print checks and mail them to customers for free, but they don't expect anyone to actually write a check anymore, and they don't know what to do when presented with a check for payment even if there are sufficient funds on deposit in the account to cover it.

It goes straight to an arrest warrant in such cases.

Anybody who has finished his/her sentence including probation and whatever restitution should have his/her voting rights restored and all rights that are protected in the Constitution.

Next thing you know, dogs and cats living together! Liberals are just contrarians, one day they are standing next to a grave they just dug next for sponsored executioner's agenda they just pushed. But they are to intellectual (Stalin's useful fools)... The Democrats and Biden.

The judge didn’t do that. The citizens of Florida did. I personally gathered 1000 signatures to get that on the ballot. It passed by an overw

Your state probably allows it as well.

You might be ignorant.

Wow, just wow. Biden might have a chance to win Florida after all.

---Federal judge rules Florida can’t stop more than 700,000 felons from voting---

Good. The people of Florida voted and made their voices extremely clear. The amendment passed with a large majority.

It wasn't right for the republicans in congress to pass legislation that overrides the will of the people.

I hope that all those former felons vote.

Why is it ok for former felons to vote in almost all the other states in this nation except Florida?

A former felon paid their debt to society. They should get their voting rights back.

This blocking the will of the people is just another example of the many ways the republicans cheat to win elections. I'm glad the people of Florida finally put their foot down to put a stop to it.

I'm also glad that it scares you to death.

Last edited:
Imagine how surprised many of the felons will be, when they find out the DNC has been voting their votes FOR them, by proxy, all along.

If you have to pay it before you can vote it's a poll tax.

It's not rocket surgery kid.
I agree that it appears to be a poll tax.

The alternative is no felons getting to vote, so I don't know. Maybe do away with the "felon" status, which I believe is unconstitutional.

Republicans have known that if everyone was allowed to vote they would not win elections again.

Their only hope to win is with cheating.

Voter suppression is their go to way of doing that.

I think I have to agree with the ruling in question.

I do think, however, that it is very telling that the widely-agreed assumption here is that suppressing the voting rights of convicted felons would favor Republicans, and harm Democrats. It certainly tells us which is the party of honest, law-abiding citizens,and which is the party of criminals, doesn't it?
That is obvious, democrats flock with criminals. Birds of a feather . On the other hand we have trump , he has got to be cleaner then mother Theresa, they cant get anything ro stick ... and lord they been trying.

‘The judge called the Florida rules a “pay to vote” system that are unconstitutional when applied to felons “who are otherwise eligible to vote but are genuinely unable to pay the required amount.”’

Needless to say, Republicans will appeal the ruling and continue their voter suppression efforts.

This is also an example of the reprehensible right’s contempt for the will of the people, as the amendment to the Florida constitution restoring voting rights to ex-offenders was approved by an overwhelming majority of voters.
It's a poll tax and thus completely unconstitutional.

But republicans are OK with anything that suppresses turnout.

It's not a poll tax you moron.....they are felons, they broke the law and were sent to prison. Part of their punishment is often a fine that they need to pay to get right with what they did...you dumb ass....once they pay that they can vote...

A Poll Tax, you dumb ass....is a general tax on the Right to vote....you have to actually pay a fee to vote..this ain't that you dumb ass....
Sorry, it's a poll tax.

It's ok, I know you only really know that one line from the Constitution you claim to love.

It's only a poll tax if it applies to everyone.

Poll taxes were designed to keep the poor from voting.

You are a moron.

‘The judge called the Florida rules a “pay to vote” system that are unconstitutional when applied to felons “who are otherwise eligible to vote but are genuinely unable to pay the required amount.”’

Needless to say, Republicans will appeal the ruling and continue their voter suppression efforts.

This is also an example of the reprehensible right’s contempt for the will of the people, as the amendment to the Florida constitution restoring voting rights to ex-offenders was approved by an overwhelming majority of voters.

Oh for the day you pull your head from your ass and actually post something meaningful.

Forum List

Back