TN bill to give felons the right to vote again

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Tennessee residents convicted of felonies can apply to vote again without restoring their gun rights under a bipartisan bill that faces some GOP skepticism as it advances late this session.

The effort by Democratic Rep. Antonio Parkinson and Republican Sen. Paul Bailey to untangle the two rights has cleared early hurdles but several remain in the annual session’s expected final weeks.

As they should. My issue with this is, they wont give them a constitutional right back, but they will to vote? Seriously? Sometimes this state pisses me off.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Tennessee residents convicted of felonies can apply to vote again without restoring their gun rights under a bipartisan bill that faces some GOP skepticism as it advances late this session.

The effort by Democratic Rep. Antonio Parkinson and Republican Sen. Paul Bailey to untangle the two rights has cleared early hurdles but several remain in the annual session’s expected final weeks.

As they should. My issue with this is, they wont give them a constitutional right back, but they will to vote? Seriously? Sometimes this state pisses me off.

Robert E Lee and other traitors must be cheering in their graves.

After their sentences are completed in full, barring it being a felonious crime of actual physical violence, all rights should be restored.

So a felonious crime without violence is a lesser crime?

I mean I agree people should be forgiven after sentences are served, but I don't believe the politicians you back are in agreement here.

I'd draw the 2A line at big time ones, like any armed offense and rape....Of course, excluding possessing firearms and illicit recreational drugs at the same time, which is complete bullshit to begin with.

Nope.

If the cult wants criminals to vote, I say they get guns as well.

If they vote, they get guns.
If they are not allowed to vote, they are also not allowed guns.

Seems fair to me.

Forum List

Back