The real reason Democrats wont allow children back to school:

Spoken like someone who probably doesn't work for a living..............

Hey stupid. I'm 71 years old. I retired 5 years ago, and I'm living comfortably in a small resort town two blocks from the waterfront park, on a very nice pension which I earned over the more than 45 years that I worked full time before I retired.

So, just as eagle1462010 surely thought, you're someone who no longer needs to work for a living; so you do not expect to be impacted the way others are, who are being forced into unemployment. You don't care of anyone else is forced into homelessness or starvation, as long as you can keep living on your pension.

Of course, if we crash the economy hard enough, then your pension will do you little good. All the money in the world is useless, if there's nothing you can buy with it. No food in the stores, no medicines at the pharmacy, no utilities for your home; all the things that you need to keep living—crash the economy hard enough, and there won't be any of that, even for you.

If there was any true justice in the world, those of you who defend the shutdowns would be the first to suffer the consequences; the first to be driven from your homes and forced to live homeless on the streets, the first to starve to death, the first to suffer all the impacts of the poverty that you are so delighted to impose on others.

Hey stupid. I'm 71 years old. I retired 5 years ago, and I'm living comfortably in a small resort town two blocks from the waterfront park, on a very nice pension which I earned over the more than 45 years that I worked full time before I retired.

So, just as eagle1462010 surely thought, you're someone who no longer needs to work for a living; so you do not expect to be impacted the way others are, who are being forced into unemployment. You don't care of anyone else is forced into homelessness or starvation, as long as you can keep living on your pension.

Of course, if we crash the economy hard enough, then your pension will do you little good. All the money in the world is useless, if there's nothing you can buy with it. No food in the stores, no medicines at the pharmacy, no utilities for your home; all the things that you need to keep living—crash the economy hard enough, and there won't be any of that, even for you.

If there was any true justice in the world, those of you who defend the shutdowns would be the first to suffer the consequences; the first to be driven from your homes and forced to live homeless on the streets, the first to starve to death, the first to suffer all the impacts of the poverty that you are so delighted to impose on others.

No matter what we do, nothing will harm her. She's from Canada.

Because it would reveal they hyped COVID to crash the economy and hurt Trump.
z38yqa2c2gc51.jpg

Here's Newsday manufacturing fake news, saying Long Islanders are skittish about reopening schools:

Meanwhile there's a 4th demonstration today in Patchogue of people not wearing masks and demanding to send their children back to school since many are now returning to work and can't afford baby sitters.

Maybe if these radical demonstrators started looting and burning, they'd be labeled "peaceful" and recognized by MSM?

What an idiotic claim - that I'm out of touch with reality because I'm retired. Like I don't have family or friends who aren't being profoundly affected by this pandemic, or that I can't see what's going on in the world.

I have a great-grandson who was born June 18th - 5 weeks premature, in the middle of a pandemic. His mother had to travel to the hospital every two hours to feed him until he was big enough to come home because she wasn't allowed to stay in hospital with him. I haven't seen or met him yet because he lives a thousand miles away. His mother is a registered massage therapist, who owns a massage therapy clinic which is currently closed and she may not be able to re-open.

My oldest daughter, this little guy's grandmother, had to close her hairdressing salon and could only re-open after passing a course on covid safety, and make a lot of really expensive purchases of disinfectants, masks and other PPE. Instead of being allowed to stack customers - applying colour to one person or two people and cutting another head of hair, while the first two are "processing" the colour, to pack 10 to 15 people into a work day, she is only allowed one customer at a time, and the chairs, sink, and all equipment used must be sterilized in between. At best, instead of doing 3 heads in an hour, one cut, colour and styling takes an hour and a half to complete and sterlize after. Instead of $300+ per hour, she's down to $100 per hour, although her rent is unchanged, and her costs for supplies have gone up. Her ONLY saving is that she no longer has or needs an assistant, which is a $150 a day savings. Her husband has been unemployed since the beginning of the pandemic and is still NOT back to work. His job may be gone as well.

My son has had his entire job change. His company converted from manufacturing and retailing a line of electronic guitar amplifiers and PA speakers systems for large scale concerts, to manufacturing ventilators. They're still retailing musicial instruments, online, with curbside pickup and shipping, but instead of working in a store, they're working at a computer, and everything about the job has changed. At least he had a job all the way through.

My youngest is a stay at home mom. Her husband's business was an "essential service", but he had to meet "covid standards" for PPE, before he could re-open. He had to find face shields and masks. Fortunately, he has a Korean friend who got him masks shipped directly from South Korea, and he re-opened quickly. He gave me a pack of 10 masks so I would have them before they became widely available.

None of my children's businesses had the 10 employees necessary to qualify for government assistance. My SIL's workers did get the unemployment insurance, as did my granddaughter's employees. My SIL got nothing. He still has business, and he's doing OK, but their usual cash reserve is down to 25% of what it would normally be at this time of year.

All of my children have school age children, who are being profoundly affected by the pandemic. Both of my daughters have asthma, and my oldest has multiple health issues which make her "at risk".

One of my best friends was a top executive in one of the biggest travel agencies in Canada. She's currently unemployed. We have no idea when or if her job will ever come back. As a cancer survivor, she is immune compromised and is planning on working from home if and when she gets her job back.

One doesn't have to be in the work force to understand what is going on and how difficult it is. Of course in my country all workers are receiving $2000 per month in unemployment insurance, and $500 per month per child. We also have "competent government" which neither politicized the pandemic, nor mismanaged it.

We used our time between January when we learned of the pandemic, and March when the disease starting hitting Canada hard, to build our testing and tracing system (they come to your HOUSE to test you), stocking up on PPE's. We tested everyone who came in from our of country, until we closed the border with the USA. Calling Canadians home from the USA, doubled our cases almost overnight, and unleashed the virus in Canada, and WE STILL MANAGED to stay home and shut it down.

While American states fully re-opened in early May, we're still not fully open. Schools won't be open more than 2 days a week this fall. But we are slowly and safely re-opening, because OUR GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN AND STAYED SHUT DOWN UNTIL THE VIRUS WAS UNDER CONTROL.

Last edited:

Well, that's what she "thinks", anyway. The reality is that if the US crashes, it's taking down a good chunk of the rest of the world with it. I'd be interested to see her reaction when all the things she smugly assumes make Canada "superior" to the US vanish because we're no longer here to prop them up.

Damn skippy!!

I spent last weekend at an RV campground with my youngest and her family. Private facility, only open to people with seasonal rentals there, and members of their immediate families. No weekend rentals, or day trippers allowed. People were socially distancing even on the beach. Family clusters, both in the water and out. The horseshoe pits were 10 feet apart so social distance was easy. Masks were required for all indoor facilities and the public washroom at the beach was still closed, as was playground equipment.

Swimming in the manmade lake, playing with the floaties. The kids were driving their electric vehicles around the site. The 3 year old has a black Ford F150 just like his dad's truck. It's even got the company sign on the doors like his Dad's truck. We socialized with others, but with social distancing, and outdoors.

At the start of this thing, we didn't think the campgrounds would be open this season, but they opened after Canada Day which is a bonus.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE COMPETENT GOVERNANCE THAT NEVER TRIED TO POLITICIZE THE PANDEMIC. THE LIBERAL FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND THE PROVINCIAL CONSERVATIVE GOVERNMENTS IN 7 PROVINCES ACTED IN CONCERT TO SAVE CANADIAN LIVES.

Well, that's what she "thinks", anyway. The reality is that if the US crashes, it's taking down a good chunk of the rest of the world with it. I'd be interested to see her reaction when all the things she smugly assumes make Canada "superior" to the US vanish because we're no longer here to prop them up.

Canada has been disentangling our economy from yours since before Bush 43 was elected. We refused to go along with your bullshit banking de-regulation in 1999 when the Republican Congress changed American banking regulations, which lead directly to the 2008 crash. The result is that Canada had a recession, and some economic pain in the Great Recession, but our economy never cratered like yours did, and the world banking community beat a path to Ottawa to find out how we did it.

We signed onto the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which ensures our trade in the region, with or without the USA, and quite frankly, our economy is actually benefitting from Trump's bullshit trade wars, and the attendant disruptions to supply lines. International investment and trade thrives in nations which provide stability and security. These are things which Donald Trump has destroyed in the USA.

We also have big new trade deals with the European Union, and we're less reliant on trade with the USA than at any time in our history. European and Asian companies which were locating manufacturing in the USA to gain access to the American markets, are now turning to Canada because our workers are better educated, healthier, and we have universal health care and gun control. Since Canada is part of NAFTA, they can gain the same access to American markets as if they located in the USA, but without the bullshit of Republican economic policies and the instability they create.

Lester Pearson used to say that the 21st Century belonged to Canada. As the USA descends into violence and chaos after 40 years of Republican mismanagement, violence and racism, it's looking more and more like the Prime Minister who gave us the Canada Health Act, was right.

Damn skippy!!

I spent last weekend at an RV campground with my youngest and her family. Private facility, only open to people with seasonal rentals there, and members of their immediate families. No weekend rentals, or day trippers allowed. People were socially distancing even on the beach. Family clusters, both in the water and out. The horseshoe pits were 10 feet apart so social distance was easy. Masks were required for all indoor facilities and the public washroom at the beach was still closed, as was playground equipment.

Swimming in the manmade lake, playing with the floaties. The kids were driving their electric vehicles around the site. The 3 year old has a black Ford F150 just like his dad's truck. It's even got the company sign on the doors like his Dad's truck. We socialized with others, but with social distancing, and outdoors.

At the start of this thing, we didn't think the campgrounds would be open this season, but they opened after Canada Day which is a bonus.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU HAVE COMPETENT GOVERNANCE THAT NEVER TRIED TO POLITICIZE THE PANDEMIC. THE LIBERAL FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND THE PROVINCIAL CONSERVATIVE GOVERNMENTS IN 7 PROVINCES ACTED IN CONCERT TO SAVE CANADIAN LIVES.

They did? Is that way many of your deaths are in nursing facilities?

Canada has been disentangling our economy from yours since before Bush 43 was elected. We refused to go along with your bullshit banking de-regulation in 1999 when the Republican Congress changed American banking regulations, which lead directly to the 2008 crash.

You need to keep searching under the bed and in those closets for the boogeyman. No one wants to see kids not in school. But no administrator is going to hang their jobs and their livelyhood on sending kids back without infection rates going down and strict and clear guidelines from federal and state agencies
The fascist school system designed to indoctrinate kids with a fascist political agenda, prostitute girls, and cut off boys, has failed in its mission of evil, and its masters are hard at work to destroy what's left of it.
No teacher is going to want to go back into the classroom knowing that a kid could get them sick. And parents are not going to want to send their kids back knowing they could come home infected and make other members of their family sick, especially the more vulnerable. Contrary to right wingers popular belief, this virus does affect all age groups.
The COVID-19 virus is some sort of popular belief system. The feared propagation of the virus is only the propaganda of political beliefs hostile to the Establishment.

The virus is some sort of popular belief system? Really? Then how did all those beliefs manage to kill over 143,000 people so far? Why are hospitals in places where the virus is spiking being overrun? Is that all because of a popular belief system?
Have those 143 k been verified...........the definition was made by the CDC to guarantee higher numbers.................If they die from a heat attack but it is ASSUMED they had Covid.......then they can make a judgement call to say it was Covid.

If they call it Covid.......they get extra money from medicare............if they are uninsured......more money from Daddy Gov't...

Now please tell me that the HONORABLE HOSPITALS wouldn't dare mischarge.............

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Do you have actual FACTS about the virus or are you just here to spread Trump's lies and bullshit.

How is it that covid19 has occurred in every other first world country on earth, and the rest of the world got it under control and ended the deaths? Trump isn't smart enough to do it. Enough people in the USA still think that Trump isn't lying, or that the government wouldn't re-open unless it's safe, that the virus continues to rage.

And fools like YOU are claiming it's not real.

Stupid is as stupid does.
You just go by our posts when we show Rand Paul showing how 22 countries in Europe are going to school.......and not showing and spikes in cases...

You only look at what fits your Narrative..........You CLAIM RIGHTEOUSNESS............and how GREAT YOU ARE.............LOL

Shut the hell up and post your LIES IN CANADA.

Yeah, Rand doesn't have a leg to stand on here. He points out that 22 countries are sending their kids back to school with no spikes. Well, no shit Dick Tracy.
Those countries have already flattened their virus curves. They've issued guidance to their schools and put restrictions into place..which a lot of those countries are now relaxing...because they solve their virus spikes!!
Which leaves me asking people like Rand Paul...Are you dumb?..Or just stupid??
Prove it, asshole. If they have already had their "spikes," then the USA must be doing a better job. I thought the whole point of the shutdown was to slowdown the spikes.

Put the bottle down. If you think the US is doing a better job flattening its virus curve than other countries, then you're cut off. It's pretty straightforward. Those countries who sent their kids back to school have significantly reduced their virus infection rates, hospitalizations, and deaths. We haven't. And yes, the point of the shutdown was to flatten or slow down the virus spike...which most states did...until the ones that were loyal to your savior decided to open back up with no restrictions or guidance.
And those states are now back to where they were in March.

So what scintillating comments do you have to counter my statement?
So have we, turd. They had their spikes early because they did little to "flatten the curve." That's what we were orginally told was the purpose of the shutdown, but that excuse went by the wayside once the COVID authoritarians decided they could use the virus against Trump.

Uh..no, we haven't. Here's just one Trump supportin gov state. And I'm putting no real stock in their numbers because..well, they be Trump supportin! :)
View attachment 365906
Here's the graph for my state, dumbfuck:

View attachment 365910

Language!!! Whelp, your governor is a Democrat. And it looks like he's done a good job balancing combating the virus spikes with re-opening your state. Good job! He took action early.
But you douchebags railed against him in May didn't ya?? Got something to say about that?? Bring it on.
He hasn't done jack squat. His shutdown order was ruled null and void by the state Supreme Court. All the stores are open.

I love the way the leftwing mind works . . . . or doesn't.

You seem thrilled that the shut down was overturned, which seems odd. Why do you want the virus running loose in the country. Are you deliberately trying to create civil unrest?

It appears that Trump is trying to provoke violence by sending in federal stormtrooper to start trouble in the peaceful protests. In Portland, they fractured the skull of an elderly army veteran firing a "rubber bullet" at his head. Charges will be forthcoming.

Mayors and governors are trying to find a legal means to bar Trump from sending in this troops without their permission. Congress is looking at passing a law.

I hope Trump keeps this shit up. This is straight up trampling the Constitution under foot, and violating the First Amendment rights of peaceful protestors.

Oh yeah, dangling a pardon to Ghislain Maxwell to keep her mouth shut was also a smooth move. Wonder what SHE knows about the President. The guy who is still trying to "Lock her up" when it comes to Hillary Clinton, wished Ghislain Maxwell "well". The woman who recruited vulnerable children for sex toys for Jeffrey Epstein and other wealthy men, and who is facing multiple child sex trafficking charges, is hardly anyone that a decent human being would wish "well". And Trump never has anything nice to say about any powerful woman.

No wonder Trump tried to get his own guy into the Southern District of New York, before they pulled Maxell in.

His comment to Maxwell has to do with her escaping Clinton Arkancide.

Trump cultists, good luck with the whole "I DEMAND THAT WE GET TO KILL YOUR CHILDREN!" line. That's going to be real popular with parents.

What they should do is have class and video so the parents that choose not to send their kids to school can watch the teacher at home instead. But I think most parents want their kids back in school because if they don't go, somebody has to stay home and watch them. That's not feasible for most working parents.

True. And Democrats know that. They want to force parents to stay at home so they don't work and help the economy. It's part of their hate filled, anti-American November 3 strategy. It's stick

Many households are check to check families. Government can't support people forever as we are approaching 30 trillion dollars in debt if we don't stop these giveaways. It's a struggle enough for a couple, but how are single parents supposed to stay home if they got called back to work and therefore can't get on unemployment?

If we are to be totally honest, school mostly serves us as a government baby sitter.

Educationally, yes. But it is better for younger kids still to be in socially as well. Certainly to your point it'd be far better for parents to have put them in private schools so they can get a real education as well.

Whether kids need to go back to school in the fall (they do) and what schools they are going to go to are important discussions, but they are separate discussions.

What cracks me up is when leftists say schools are terrible, so they don't need to go back!

I can remember last year, when the official line was still that homeschooling children was "child abuse", and how DARE anyone keep their children away from leftist public schools, who REALLY know what's best for them and REALLY care about them.

This isn't last year fool, and things haven't changed in regards to the reasons why homeschooling to keep your children from mixing with minorities, getting liberal ideas or learning critical thinking skills is a form of child abuse. When your belief system is so flawed that they only way you can keep your children from abandoning your principles, is to exclude ideas, or people from their lives, that's not a religion, it's a cult.

Let me see if I have this correct: Homeschooling is a way for parents to instill their ideas and values in their children, instead of letting leftist union school teachers indoctrinate their children with their radical ideas is child abuse?

And you can't understand why we want to keep people with your mentality out of power in our federal government???

And what you didn't even mention was she wants to force your children to government schools because she's afraid of bigotry, and her post is completely and utterly bigoted

It's the Nazi big-brother attitude that's so stunning. Let government raise your kids because parents will only make little racists out of them.

Reminds me of a story my cousins husband told me. One evening when he was brushing his teeth in the bathroom, his daughter came in and turned off the water. She told him he has to turn off the water until he's ready to spit for water conservation.

He complied because he wanted to make her happy. But where did she learn that from? Who told her to do disrespectful things like that to her parents? She didn't ask him to turn off the water, she ordered him to. For crying out loud, this is the north. We are on Lake Erie. Lake Erie is part of the great lakes, the largest supply of fresh water in the world. Nobody is running out of water over here!
Because conserving water just makes sense?

It's so easy for the Trumpians! Deny the pandemic! Deny the 144,000 dead Americans, deny the 3,000,000 plus cases, deny that hospitals in hot spots are overcrowded. Denialmis such a convenient tool and easily used by the cynical, willfully ignorant mind.

If you use denial, all other agendas can be rationalized to suit your purpose.

The problem, of course, is convincing actual same, reasonable responsible people that you're right and they're wrong.

Children learn that conundrum whenever they are boxed in by their irresponsibility.

Some folks grow intellectually and emotionally forever. Others stop growing at around age 12. Then they by a red trucker hat and computers.

And here we are.
When did you "by" your bearskin hat with the hammer and sickle?

It's the Nazi big-brother attitude that's so stunning. Let government raise your kids because parents will only make little racists out of them.

Reminds me of a story my cousins husband told me. One evening when he was brushing his teeth in the bathroom, his daughter came in and turned off the water. She told him he has to turn off the water until he's ready to spit for water conservation.

He complied because he wanted to make her happy. But where did she learn that from? Who told her to do disrespectful things like that to her parents? She didn't ask him to turn off the water, she ordered him to. For crying out loud, this is the north. We are on Lake Erie. Lake Erie is part of the great lakes, the largest supply of fresh water in the world. Nobody is running out of water over here!

That's clearly not the point he was making. Flew right over your head, huh?

Trump cultists, good luck with the whole "I DEMAND THAT WE GET TO KILL YOUR CHILDREN!" line. That's going to be real popular with parents.

What they should do is have class and video so the parents that choose not to send their kids to school can watch the teacher at home instead. But I think most parents want their kids back in school because if they don't go, somebody has to stay home and watch them. That's not feasible for most working parents.

True. And Democrats know that. They want to force parents to stay at home so they don't work and help the economy. It's part of their hate filled, anti-American November 3 strategy. It's stick

Many households are check to check families. Government can't support people forever as we are approaching 30 trillion dollars in debt if we don't stop these giveaways. It's a struggle enough for a couple, but how are single parents supposed to stay home if they got called back to work and therefore can't get on unemployment?

If we are to be totally honest, school mostly serves us as a government baby sitter.

Educationally, yes. But it is better for younger kids still to be in socially as well. Certainly to your point it'd be far better for parents to have put them in private schools so they can get a real education as well.

Whether kids need to go back to school in the fall (they do) and what schools they are going to go to are important discussions, but they are separate discussions.

What cracks me up is when leftists say schools are terrible, so they don't need to go back!

I can remember last year, when the official line was still that homeschooling children was "child abuse", and how DARE anyone keep their children away from leftist public schools, who REALLY know what's best for them and REALLY care about them.

This isn't last year fool, and things haven't changed in regards to the reasons why homeschooling to keep your children from mixing with minorities, getting liberal ideas or learning critical thinking skills is a form of child abuse. When your belief system is so flawed that they only way you can keep your children from abandoning your principles, is to exclude ideas, or people from their lives, that's not a religion, it's a cult.

Let me see if I have this correct: Homeschooling is a way for parents to instill their ideas and values in their children, instead of letting leftist union school teachers indoctrinate their children with their radical ideas is child abuse?

And you can't understand why we want to keep people with your mentality out of power in our federal government???

And what you didn't even mention was she wants to force your children to government schools because she's afraid of bigotry, and her post is completely and utterly bigoted

That's irrelevant. As we used to say many years ago, you send your kid to school to learn the three R's: Reading, riting, and rithmatic. You don't send your kids to school to be indoctrinated with the teachers political or social views. Let them do that with their own kid. It's one of the reasons parents are choosing home schooling.

Forum List

Back