The real reason Democrats wont allow children back to school:

2. Get testing, and contract tracing up to snuff. A testing system that takes two weeks to get results is no testing system at all. Reagents and testing supplies are still in short supply and there is no effective contract tracing set up in most states.

So how would that help any?

I go get a test, and it comes out positive which I learn by the next day. Between the time I left the clinic, I went grocery shopping. I went to my drug store to pickup prescriptions. I went to the park or beach. How can contact tracing do anything?

Covid testing is not the answer. Antibody tests are. Because antibody tests can tell us who naturally has the ability to fight Covid. It tells us who had it and likely not going to get it again, yet alone transmit it to anybody else. Antibody testing is the solution to this problem next to a safe and effective vaccine.

First off, if you go for a test, you are not supposed to do anything or interact with anyone until you get the results. That's part of the instructions you get when you're tested. But let's assume you did as you said, then the contact tracer would look at which grocery clerk was on duty when you checked out and test them, and the clerk who gave you your prescription.

We had a sales clerk working at our local Home Hardware test positive. They put a notice in the local weekly paper that he had tested positive and that anyone who had contact with him on these dates, should be tested. This town is small enough that every either knows everybody, or they're related to them.

Antibody testing is NOT the answer. It tells you where the virus has been, not where it is. And at this point we don't know how long the antibodies last. There have been multiple instances where people have gotten well, tested clear, and then had the virus flare up again. There's still a lot we don't know.

That's true, but so far, an extremely small percentage experienced a relapse.

So let's say I've been feeling under the weather the last few days or so. I finally go to a doctor who has me tested. A few days later, it's positive. Okay, how do they go about identifying all the customers in the store I was shopping in? How about the restaurant I dined in? How long did I actually have this virus before I even got tested?

What I'm saying is that contact tracing is useless because you can't identify every single person I came in contact with, and I'm sure even more so for other people since I only go out when I have to go out. Other people are prancing around like nothing in the world is wrong, and are in contact with many more strangers than I encounter.

Yes, they have not confirmed that people had it twice. So far the ones who were questioned were ones where it wasn't verified they had it the first time. They went based on symptoms.

Now it's true we haven't established that no one can get it twice, but it's a complete fabrication by DragonLady that anyone was ever confirmed to have actually had it multiple times.

It's just part of the left's spew bull shit and pounce strategy

This virus is entirely new to us, so enough studies haven't been done. The theory however comes from our experience with similar viruses like the flu. If you get the flu, recover, you won't get it again that season unless there is more than one strain out that year. The reason you get better and win against Covid is because your body produced the necessary antibodies to conquer it. If your body doesn't, that's when you die. After the antibodies are produced, they don't go away.

Saying that Mexicans are not flooding across the border for treatment in the USA is not saying that people want Mexican health care. Mexican illegals are returning home for FREE government funded health care. Something they can't get in the USA.

What are you talking about? Liberal states like California do take care of illegals healthcare, even better so than their own people.

What are they supposed to do Ray? Dening people care is sending them out to spread the virus to the larger community. You've long asked me why you should have to contribute to universal health care insurance for everyone, employed or otherwise. Well this pandemic is why you should. Because the virus doesn't distinguish on the basis of insured and uninsured, and it doesn't care what your political views might be. It's coming for everyone who gives it an opening.

The uninsured are unlikely to go to hospital for testing or treatment. They'll tough it out at home. Tying health insurance employment doesn't work when more than 30 million people have just lost their jobs. People are leaving hospital owing a million dollars for their care.

All of the things that YOU said would never happen in the USA are happening in the USA. Testing is still being rationed. Care is being rationed. Decisions are being made on who gets ventilators. And more people have died than anywhere else in the world.

But worst of all is the inhumanity of telling people to go back to work to "save the economy". What utter bullshit and what a false choice. Save the people and the economy will be fine. Ignore the virus and you will NEVER be able to re-open. Every person who is hospitalized with this virus is a drain on your economy.

This did not have to happen. Every decision Donald Trump has made has been the WRONG one. Starting with closing the border with China. The 40,000 Americans who came home from China when he closed the border spread the virus throughout the nation, because Trump didn't test them when they came home.

Our cases DOUBLED when we closed the border to Americans. All the snowbirds came home and weren't tested at the border, unless they came in through airports. Enough of the snowbirds ignored the instructions to self-quarantine for 14 days when they got here. We had people in the local grocery stores here bragging they just arrived from Arizona that morning. While I have some sympathy to their coming home unexpectedly with no food in the house, and little time to organize someone to do their shopping for them (there is no online shopping and delivery system in this rural community), they should have made arrangements for someone to do their shopping, when they got here.

You're such a loser. It's all you have in every post
Sorry. I see it in almost every one of your posts.
Sure those aren't just spots of jack grease on your glasses? I bet you a thousand dollars that if Trump was all in for keeping children out of schools this Fall tomorrow, every freaking democrat in the country would start screaming immediately that Trump hated kids, it stemmed from his abusive childhood from dad Fred, and that he was trying to breed a generation of new illiterate Trumpeters!

Exactly. How did a drug like hydroxychloroquine become a political handball?
Especially when some studies have shown it effective!

Hydroxychloroquine became a political football when Trump promoted its use ON NO EVIDENCE.

NO STUDIES have found this drug to be anything but DEADLY, in dealing with the virus. People given the drug died at rates 30% higher than those who didn't receive the drug. So many people died, that it's use in the treatment of Covid19 has been BANNED by the CDC.

You're such a loser. It's all you have in every post
Sorry. I see it in almost every one of your posts.
Sure those aren't just spots of jack grease on your glasses? I bet you a thousand dollars that if Trump was all in for keeping children out of schools this Fall tomorrow, every freaking democrat in the country would start screaming immediately that Trump hated kids, it stemmed from his abusive childhood from dad Fred, and that he was trying to breed a generation of new illiterate Trumpeters!

Exactly. How did a drug like hydroxychloroquine become a political handball?
Especially when some studies have shown it effective!

Hydroxychloroquine became a political football when Trump promoted its use ON NO EVIDENCE.

NO STUDIES have found this drug to be anything but DEADLY, in dealing with the virus. People given the drug died at rates 30% higher than those who didn't receive the drug. So many people died, that it's use in the treatment of Covid19 has been BANNED by the CDC.

The CDC didn't ban HCQ, and doctors in the US and Europe are still using it today. No evidence to suggest that it ever killed anybody either.

The CDC didn't ban HCQ, and doctors in the US and Europe are still using it today. No evidence to suggest that it ever killed anybody either.

It's how completely disingenuous leftists are. Even they realized how stupid their argument that you shouldn't take a safe drug without proof it works was, so they had to fabricate that Hydroxychloroquine is dangerous, event though it's been used for many decades because it's about as safe as drugs get. My sister took it for years because it is one of the safest treatments

Dragonshit craps herself again with her phony psycho bullshit based on an effort to mask the benefits:

It's how completely disingenuous leftists are. Even they realized how stupid their argument that you shouldn't take a safe drug without proof it works was, so they had to fabricate that Hydroxychloroquine is dangerous, event though it's been used for many decades because it's about as safe as drugs get. My sister took it for years because it is one of the safest treatments

If President Trump originally stated that he was totally against HCQ for treating the virus, the left would be pushing and praising it upside down. They would have told us how the President wants to kill people, particularly the elderly. How he refuses to review studies done here and overseas.

The left can politicize a hamburger. If Trump is for anything, no matter what it is, they'll be against it.

Great point, but we do have that dishonesty in our own government. For example, you can't get data on how many illegal aliens are in our prison system. Trump ordered the Federal government to count them, and it was 23%. Those weren't "immigrants" born in other countries, those were actual illegal aliens here illegally. 23 freaking percent. But how many people know that? And there is no data on State prisons you'll find at all

LizardTwat was trying to tell me a couple of days ago that there are no illegal immigrants swelling the numbers of Covid patients in states on the Mexican border, because why would they want to come to a country with such "terrible" healthcare as ours, when Mexico is doing such a wonderful job with Covid. She thinks she's an expert on things happening thousands of miles away from anywhere she's ever been.

Holy crap. The bigot dragonlady seriously thought they want the Mexican healthcare system? Wow
Holy crap. The bigot dragonlady seriously thought they want the Mexican healthcare system? Wow
Utterly retarded.

Yes. No one in their right mind would want a third world medical care over the US. We have the greatest healthcare system by far in the world. We invent most of the technology
Yes. No one in their right mind would want a third world medical care over the US. We have the greatest healthcare system by far in the world. We invent most of the technology
I said nothing about it, dope.

Funny how I was responding to your post then, huh, Speed Racer?
Funny how I was responding to your post then, huh, Speed Racer?
Not funny. More like retarded.
You don't even recognize your own incompetence.

Great point, but we do have that dishonesty in our own government. For example, you can't get data on how many illegal aliens are in our prison system. Trump ordered the Federal government to count them, and it was 23%. Those weren't "immigrants" born in other countries, those were actual illegal aliens here illegally. 23 freaking percent. But how many people know that? And there is no data on State prisons you'll find at all

LizardTwat was trying to tell me a couple of days ago that there are no illegal immigrants swelling the numbers of Covid patients in states on the Mexican border, because why would they want to come to a country with such "terrible" healthcare as ours, when Mexico is doing such a wonderful job with Covid. She thinks she's an expert on things happening thousands of miles away from anywhere she's ever been.

Oh, yeah, she thought Mexico was doing a grand job with Covid-19, and that they have a better healthcare system than the US, because the media told her that the US had the worst system in the world. And how the fuck would she know any different? She's not only not in the US, but has never been anywhere near Mexico, or even a Mexican. One assumes that, if she ever thinks about it at all, she thinks the entire country of Mexico is like the tourist areas of Puerto Vallarta, or something.

If President Trump originally stated that he was totally against HCQ for treating the virus, the left would be pushing and praising it upside down. They would have told us how the President wants to kill people, particularly the elderly. How he refuses to review studies done here and overseas.

The left can politicize a hamburger. If Trump is for anything, no matter what it is, they'll be against it.

Sorry, it was FDA which withdrew the permission for use of the drug:

They never withdrew their permission. If they did, the drug would still not be used today, which it is. And you should checkout your sites before posting them so they don't have a paywall, which of course means you didn't read it either.

They also didn't ban it, they just removed the emergeny approval and they said none of the stupid shit you did about it being "deadly."

It's been around for decades and is considered the safest treatment for several problems, including malaria and lupus

They also didn't ban it, they just removed the emergeny approval and they said none of the stupid shit you did about it being "deadly."

It's been around for decades and is considered the safest treatment for several problems, including malaria and lupus

Exactly. If they ban the drug, they don't ban it for specific uses, it would have to be banned for everybody. People with malaria would be SOL because the people that also used it for that reason said it was the only thing that worked for them.

You need to keep searching under the bed and in those closets for the boogeyman. No one wants to see kids not in school. But no administrator is going to hang their jobs and their livelyhood on sending kids back without infection rates going down and strict and clear guidelines from federal and state agencies
The fascist school system designed to indoctrinate kids with a fascist political agenda, prostitute girls, and cut off boys, has failed in its mission of evil, and its masters are hard at work to destroy what's left of it.
No teacher is going to want to go back into the classroom knowing that a kid could get them sick. And parents are not going to want to send their kids back knowing they could come home infected and make other members of their family sick, especially the more vulnerable. Contrary to right wingers popular belief, this virus does affect all age groups.
The COVID-19 virus is some sort of popular belief system. The feared propagation of the virus is only the propaganda of political beliefs hostile to the Establishment.

The virus is some sort of popular belief system? Really? Then how did all those beliefs manage to kill over 143,000 people so far? Why are hospitals in places where the virus is spiking being overrun? Is that all because of a popular belief system?
Have those 143 k been verified...........the definition was made by the CDC to guarantee higher numbers.................If they die from a heat attack but it is ASSUMED they had Covid.......then they can make a judgement call to say it was Covid.

If they call it Covid.......they get extra money from medicare............if they are uninsured......more money from Daddy Gov't...

Now please tell me that the HONORABLE HOSPITALS wouldn't dare mischarge.............

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Do you have actual FACTS about the virus or are you just here to spread Trump's lies and bullshit.

How is it that covid19 has occurred in every other first world country on earth, and the rest of the world got it under control and ended the deaths? Trump isn't smart enough to do it. Enough people in the USA still think that Trump isn't lying, or that the government wouldn't re-open unless it's safe, that the virus continues to rage.

And fools like YOU are claiming it's not real.

Stupid is as stupid does.
You just go by our posts when we show Rand Paul showing how 22 countries in Europe are going to school.......and not showing and spikes in cases...

You only look at what fits your Narrative..........You CLAIM RIGHTEOUSNESS............and how GREAT YOU ARE.............LOL

Shut the hell up and post your LIES IN CANADA.

Yeah, Rand doesn't have a leg to stand on here. He points out that 22 countries are sending their kids back to school with no spikes. Well, no shit Dick Tracy.
Those countries have already flattened their virus curves. They've issued guidance to their schools and put restrictions into place..which a lot of those countries are now relaxing...because they solve their virus spikes!!
Which leaves me asking people like Rand Paul...Are you dumb?..Or just stupid??
And if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump their butts when they jumped...........

You are of the America Sucks group..........and you take every moment to say so.............then you go IF ONLY BIDEN COULD SAVE US......

You guys crack me up sometimes ...........being all demented and crap.........but then I look at the destruction from your political terrorists........and think we should just start doing like you and see how you like it.

Why do you want the virus running loose in the country. Are you deliberately trying to create civil unrest?
These postings are comical...........this so called Canadian ..........troll........will say anything.......

Either a good troll or she has escaped from the padded cell again.

Mayors and governors are trying to find a legal means to bar Trump from sending in this troops without their permission. Congress is looking at passing a law
Every locality in the U.S. has a "mayor" with absolute authority in his district. You need the official mother-may-I permission of the mayor to swing a hammer or pick up a nail from the ground anywhere. Licensed union electrician with an approved electrical work permit, licensed, bonded and insured just to change a light bulb.

The mayors and governors, whose permission is required to keep and bear arms or to assert any other rights in their district, of course have never obtained "permission" as such from the girls and women they mutilate and coerce into prostitution, or from the boys they mutilate as infants as if under the old testament levitical priesthood, or still in bondage to Egypt, as it were.

The uninsured are unlikely to go to hospital for testing or treatment. They'll tough it out at home. Tying health insurance employment doesn't work when more than 30 million people have just lost their jobs. People are leaving hospital owing a million dollars for their care.
Spoken like someone who probably doesn't work for a living..............

Live Free or die...........now go hide back under your bed............20 million plus still unemployed and that doesn't count the people they support with jobs....

Your Fear mongering needs to go hide and put duct tape on your mouth.

Spoken like someone who probably doesn't work for a living..............

Live Free or die...........now go hide back under your bed............20 million plus still unemployed and that doesn't count the people they support with jobs....

Your Fear mongering needs to go hide and put duct tape on your mouth.

Hey stupid. I'm 71 years old. I retired 5 years ago, and I'm living comfortably in a small resort town two blocks from the waterfront park, on a very nice pension which I earned over the more than 45 years that I worked full time before I retired.

You better die, because you're sure as hell not "living free" in the USA. The USA is #15 on the Human Freedom Index. Canada is #4. 4 is better than 15.

On Friday, we move to Phase 3 re-opening. We had 500 cases yesterday. Across the entire nation. You had 67,000. We have 5000 people who are still sick. You have nearly 2 million.

We may actually open our schools in September. You'll be lucky not to be in a full blown lockdown by then.

Enjoy your "freedom" asshat.

Forum List

Back