The Protests & Violence & Reactions Illustrate our race problem perfectly

WHY DO YOU/THEY keep voting in the politicians who have done nothing to help you?
Elections are about contrasts, that's why.
Ummm wut???
They're looking at the alternative and they're not thrilled with it.

They think the GOP is even worse.

Clear enough?
How could they possibly draw a conclusion on leadership they have never lived under?

Thats just stupid
It's not just the leadership. Come on.
It absolutely is.
Is that what blacks tell you? That the reason they don't like the GOP is just its political leadership?
I'm not talking about the gop. I am talking about the failed leadership that they KEEP VOTING IN.

They can not judge the leadership of that which they have never lived under.
They're not talking about politics or politicians.
They are the ones responsible for the police departments in their cities. The change has to start from the top. The Mayor. The Chief of police. The city council. To a lesser extent the governor.
Those are the people who create the laws and ordinances the police operate under.
That's still not what I'm talking about.

They still experience racism in their everyday lives. But far worse than that -- and you can see it right here on good ol' USMB every single fuckin' day -- they see people enabling racism by refusing to hold those people accountable for it. And at the same time, we have a President who feeds it, such as when he pretended not to know who David fucking Duke is.

And yes, the hardcore Left then cynically runs with that by screaming RACISM at everything that moves. But all of that still reinforces the notions that minorities already have. As I said in the OP, this all feeds on itself.

If you don't think the Right needs to hold itself accountable, that's up to you. But it's silly to pretend not to understand why minorities don't trust you.

When you say "hardcore left" you mean the mainstream of the Democrat Party I suppose. What does Hillary say about all this? You know..the woman you wanted to win.
Yes, I'm definitely comfy with that vote, as little as I care for her.

Part of the hardcore left you were speaking of it looks like.

View attachment 343436
Cool, I like what she said.

Thanks.

Well not exactly. What you said was that the hardcore left is cynically screaming racism. But it was the same hardcore left that you voted for.

So what is it you are running from?

Look at the divisions we have. Different religions, different heritage's, socioeconomic class, regions, etc. It has always existed. We are a melting pot.

America has always been a predominantly white country.

If and when it stops being so, the nations stops being America as well. Looting and rioting is not the national past time here, unlike in Somalia.

So no, you are peddling anti-factual bullshit.
Sounds like you don’t understand America at all.

Sounds like you don't understand reality.
I understand both.

WHY DO YOU/THEY keep voting in the politicians who have done nothing to help you?
Ummm wut???

Clear enough?
How could they possibly draw a conclusion on leadership they have never lived under?

Thats just stupid
It absolutely is.
Is that what blacks tell you? That the reason they don't like the GOP is just its political leadership?
I'm not talking about the gop. I am talking about the failed leadership that they KEEP VOTING IN.

They are the ones responsible for the police departments in their cities. The change has to start from the top. The Mayor. The Chief of police. The city council. To a lesser extent the governor.
Those are the people who create the laws and ordinances the police operate under.

They still experience racism in their everyday lives. But far worse than that -- and you can see it right here on good ol' USMB every single fuckin' day -- they see people enabling racism by refusing to hold those people accountable for it. And at the same time, we have a President who feeds it, such as when he pretended not to know who David fucking Duke is.

And yes, the hardcore Left then cynically runs with that by screaming RACISM at everything that moves. But all of that still reinforces the notions that minorities already have. As I said in the OP, this all feeds on itself.

If you don't think the Right needs to hold itself accountable, that's up to you. But it's silly to pretend not to understand why minorities don't trust you.

When you say "hardcore left" you mean the mainstream of the Democrat Party I suppose. What does Hillary say about all this? You know..the woman you wanted to win.

View attachment 343436
Cool, I like what she said.

Thanks.

Well not exactly. What you said was that the hardcore left is cynically screaming racism. But it was the same hardcore left that you voted for.

So what is it you are running from?
I understand that intellectual myopia is one of the primary symptoms of being infected with a hardcore partisan ideology.

Obviously you've missed the other things I've said, too. I can't make you read or comprehend obvious things.

I'm burned out on these weird, asymmetrical conversations with people who refuse to be intellectually honest.

I don't know what you get out of this.

Look at the divisions we have. Different religions, different heritage's, socioeconomic class, regions, etc. It has always existed. We are a melting pot.

If and when it stops being so, the nations stops being America as well. Looting and rioting is not the national past time here, unlike in Somalia.

I understand both.

Then you understand that Somalis cause trouble wherever they go.

Ummm wut???

Clear enough?

Thats just stupid
It absolutely is.

View attachment 343436

She called the real peaceful protest domestic terrorist action.

Now total silence as things get destroyed, condemning president Trump who is putting an end to the looters.

Mac is total asshole.

He is a leftist. Its what we have to deal with these days. In America's heyday these types were what you saw overseas attacking us. Now the Barbarians are inside the gates.

I understand both.

Unlike you, I have known and worked closely with Somali families and individuals in many ways and for many years as I have people from every corner of the world. Your kind of ignorance is born of fear and unfamiliarity. It takes some degree of courage to outgrow your mental and emotional security blanket. I'm not sure you have any courage in you.

I understand both.

Unlike you, I have known and worked closely with Somali families and individuals in many ways and for many years as I have people from every corner of the world. Your kind of ignorance is born of fear and unfamiliarity. It takes some degree of courage to outgrow your mental and emotional security blanket. I'm not sure you have any courage in you.

By knowledge is born of statistics all around the world, which you clearly have failed to read.

There is a reason why their home is the king of all shit holes. Close to what Antifa would like to transform this country into... surprised that they took the bait so easily?

True that riots are self defeating Mac

but then , what else is there when the right to peaceful assembly is gone?

~S~
The right to peaceful assembly isn't gone. The blacks prefer looting to assembling. It's more lucrative.
If black lives REALLY mattered to blacks, you'd be able to walk down the streets of Chicago, without dodging bullets...

It’s easy to blame white and black republicans, then it is to pull your pants up and be a man.
When your side of this refuses to look in the mirror, all you do is give the other side more material.

And, of course, I could say the same thing to the other side.

I don't know how in the world you guys don't see this, I really don't.

When racists like you are silent when the police kill a white woman in the same town by a black officer you only prove us right.

This is all about racists hating white people and cops nothing more.

...There is a reason why their home is the king of all shit holes. ...
There are many reasons, none of which you seem to understand.

The reasons start with them.
How do you know?

I have two eyes and a brain.
I see no evidence of either claim.

Then you probably don't have two eyes and a brain.
Have you ever sat down and had so much as a five minute conversation with a person from Somalia?

How do you know?

Have you ever sat down and had so much as a five minute conversation with a person from Somalia?

Not without them trying to loot.

... and we don't care.

First, those who fight for racial justice have a perfectly fair and valid reason to point at yet another questionable (at least) killing as an example of what they're fighting against. They are clearly on the right side of the story. And those on the other "side" of the issue have to admit, yeah, that was blatant and obvious, and bad.

How do some on the side of racial justice react? With the very behaviors that those who deny and enable and perpetrate racism can point at and change the original subject. With this violence, they're playing into the hands of the very people they're fighting against. Like a big, beautiful gift with a fancy bow on top.

I say it all the time: The two ends of this issue constantly feed each other. They help each other. They NEED each other. This is truly symbiotic, toxic relationship.

This doesn't improve unless and until both ends of this issue clearly and honestly start holding their own side accountable. And watch -- on this thread, you'll most likely see both ends deny their side is accountable for anything.

And the decay continues. A self-inflicted wound.
Lots of truth, there. What you are suggesting is a big ask, though, when the problem is so asymmetric.

Yesterday, at the beginning of the protests in my city, black community leaders expressed these sentiments. They described hard working, fine cops that work side by side with them to make their neighborhoods better. They described white small business owners, also struggling to keep the lights on, and how harming them or their property is not only immoral, but will also make the prejudice and fear worse. 1000 people cheered and hugged.

Then some protestors dared to leave the sidewalk and stand in the street. The militarized police gassed, sprayed, and "grenaded" anyone they saw for the next 5 hours.

One young man had a tear gas canister shot in his face from a few feet away. Today he had surgery and lost his eye. A deaf woman was pelted with rubber bullets and is hospitalized. A pregnant woman was maced point blank and had a heart event. The ambulance took 10 minutes to make the 400 yard trip down a clear street to her. There were children who were tear gassed.

Fucking dummies. Our mayor and police chief have a lot to answer for. I know a lot of these cops and i cant imagine how they are feeling today. Some of the people they ran up to and sprayed point blank are local business owners and pillars of our community. They are their neighbors. Now the officers have to come into their businesses and look them in their faces. They have to come into their restaurants and eat with their families and be served by a server they cracked with a baton for sitting on the courthouse lawn. Fuck.

How do you know?

Not without them trying to loot.
You admit that you are speaking from ignorance and prejudice. A real man would try to be better than that.

Forum List

Back