The Protests & Violence & Reactions Illustrate our race problem perfectly

True that riots are self defeating Mac

but then , what else is there when the right to peaceful assembly is gone?

~S~
Sure. But people on that side of the issue -- on BOTH sides -- have to stand up to it and fight against that, too.

So anyone who really cares about actual healing has to fight on TWO fronts, and that's just not happening.
If you care about healing you are intelligent enough to see the cause and the reaction to that cause and stop the cause knowing that by doing so ends the reaction. For the past 40 years the right has waged a figurative war against liberals using every manner of propaganda and misinformation. The when liberals fight back people start talking about problems on both sides.

Wow. you just made my point. :thup:

~S~
Sure. But people on that side of the issue -- on BOTH sides -- have to stand up to it and fight against that, too.

So anyone who really cares about actual healing has to fight on TWO fronts, and that's just not happening.
If you care about healing you are intelligent enough to see the cause and the reaction to that cause and stop the cause knowing that by doing so ends the reaction. For the past 40 years the right has waged a figurative war against liberals using every manner of propaganda and misinformation. The when liberals fight back people start talking about problems on both sides.
Fight back? You people arent fighting anything. Youre just burning shit down and stealing. The saddest part is you dont even feel shame or embarrassment for the actions of the black community.

~S~

For me it's essentially a chicken-or-the-egg environment. The Jews vs. the Arabs. A battle that goes on, yes, decades. And I often post about the alternate news and information universe on the Right that has now essentially reached the status of a closed circuit, separate from everything else. Some of that now exists on the Left, too.

To make long and tedious response short, I really don't care.

What I see, at this precise moment, is the symbiotic relationship to which I referred in the OP: The Right enabling its racism and the Left over-compensating with PC and Identity Politics. Or vice versa. It doesn't matter, because it is essentially a loop now. They feed into each other, intensifying each other.

The fix to me seems fairly obvious: As with any problem, the first thing you have to do is look at its parts and determine how those parts are contributing to the problem. Then you fix the parts.

In this context, that means that each end of the issue turns inward and cleans its own house. But as I predicted in the OP, what we're seeing in this thread is both ends telling me there is nothing in their house to clean.

... and we don't care.

First, those who fight for racial justice have a perfectly fair and valid reason to point at yet another questionable (at least) killing as an example of what they're fighting against. They are clearly on the right side of the story. And those on the other "side" of the issue have to admit, yeah, that was blatant and obvious, and bad.

How do some on the side of racial justice react? With the very behaviors that those who deny and enable and perpetrate racism can point at and change the original subject. With this violence, they're playing into the hands of the very people they're fighting against. Like a big, beautiful gift with a fancy bow on top.

I say it all the time: The two ends of this issue constantly feed each other. They help each other. They NEED each other. This is truly symbiotic, toxic relationship.

This doesn't improve unless and until both ends of this issue clearly and honestly start holding their own side accountable. And watch -- on this thread, you'll most likely see both ends deny their side is accountable for anything.

And the decay continues. A self-inflicted wound.
.....no they don't have a valid reason...I've linked and explained this many times
As I predicted.
cnn-fake-news-gif-1.gif

The African American scholar Cornel West has just said that America is a "social experiment" that has "failed."

I agree 100 percent.

Hopefully, Americans will eventually come up with a new plan of government. Maybe every group can have its own autonomous/independent state. After all, after Yugoslavia broke up, the people seem to be much happier.
That's what some appear to want. We are one weak species.

Like all relationships it is a shared responsibility. The shared responsibility is never fully acknowledged by either side.
Yep. But right now, "fully acknowledged" is a pipe dream. "Partially acknowledged" would be a nice start.

Appeasing leftists has never worked, and will not ever work.

That being said, there was a full acknowledgement that the cop should arrested for what he did. We got a riot for that...

Does Mac believe the other party responsible for it all should acknowledge something? The one that supports Antifa and is largely complicit in the riots? Always seems to be very one sided with criticism.

Forum List

Back