The Prophet Herzl

Ria_Longhorn

Platinum Member
Apr 2, 2017
"At Basel, I founded the Jewish State. If I said this out loud today, I would be answered by universal laughter. Perhaps in five years, certainly in fifty years, everyone will know it." -- Theodor Herzl, diary entry for September 3rd, 1897

"The Diaspora cannot take place again unless the civilization of the whole earth shall collapse." -- Theodor Herzl quote found in Martin Gilbert, Israel: A History, New York 1998, pp.11,12

Herzl recognized that as important a Jewish State is to Jews, the destruction of any Jewish state is doubly important to those who wish to destroy The Jews.

The existence of a Jewish State is the only realty safeguard against those who seek to destroy The Jews.

"Now it came to pass in those days that Moses grew up
and went out to his brothers and looked at their burdens,
and he saw an Egyptian man striking Dreyfus..."

- Shemont 2:11

92568410_933107773801813_8763557201831788544_n.png

Last edited:
RE: The Prophet Herzl
⁜→ fncceo, , et al,

BLUF: Theodor Herzl may have not been a Prophet, by clearly he was a forward thinker.

Herzl recognized that as important a Jewish State is to Jews, the destruction of any Jewish state is doubly important to those who wish to destroy The Jews.

The existence of a Jewish State is the only realty safeguard against those who seek to destroy The Jews.
(COMMENT)

As an outside observer, I think of Leon Pinsker (the Doctor) as the key behind the establishment of Zionism (alla 1880's); with Theodore Herzl (The Journalist) as the inspiration of the modern nationalist movement.

In any event, with a few possible adjustments, The State of Israel (the political face) and the Jewish National Home (the cultural face) are here to stay.

index.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Forum List

Back