A Light Unto The Nations

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Turns out, it is literally true!

1.The instruction manual or Western Civilization is the Bible. And it was used, specifically by America’s Founders, as the basis for our Constitution. Due to the influence of Karl Marx’s religion, you probably didn’t find that fact in government school.

2. The Bible offers the tiny nation of Israel as the model for many of our beliefs, and that is the meaning of the title above.

“Light to the nations (Hebrew: אור לגויים‎, romanized: Or la'Goyim; also "light of the nations", "light of all nations", "light for all nations") is a term originated from the prophet Isaiah which is understood by some to express the universal designation of the Israelites as mentors for spiritual and moral guidance for the entire world.” Wikipedia.

3. It is not just or Western folks. I found the universality represented in this article:

"How the Talmud Became a Best-Seller in South Korea

About an hour’s drive north of Seoul, in the Gwangju Mountains, nearly fifty South Korean children pore over a book. The text is an unlikely choice: the Talmud, the fifteen-hundred-year-old book of Jewish laws. The students are not Jewish, nor are their teachers, and they have no interest in converting. Most have never met a Jew before. But, according to the founder of their school, the students enrolled with the goal of receiving a “Jewish education” in addition to a Korean one.

...their teacher, Park Hyunjun, was explaining that Jews pray wearing two small black boxes, known as tefillin, to help them remember God’s word. He used the Hebrew words shel rosh (“on the head”) and shel yad (“on the arm”) to describe where the boxes are worn. Inside these boxes, he said, was parchment that contained verses from one of the holiest Jewish prayers, the Shema, which Jews recite daily. As the room filled with murmurings of the Shema in Korean, the dean of the school leaned over to me and said that the students recited the prayer daily, too, “with the goal of memorizing it.”
The reverend’s thesis is that the Jews have thrived for so many years because of certain educational and cultural practices, and that such benefits can be unlocked for Christians if those practices are taught to their children.

Outside, over bulgogi, Park Hyunjun laid out the goals behind his curriculum. “I would like to make our students to be people of God and to have charity just like Jewish people,”.....
How the Talmud Became a Best-Seller in South Korea

3. And now, from the South Pacific: “Despite what anti-Zionist ideologues might assume, the Jews of Israel are an inspiration for many Māori
Though I am Māori, I have for many years worked in and around Jewish issues—the memory of the Holocaust, advocacy for Zionism, and fighting antisemitism. But it is only in more recent years that I have become increasingly aware of the parallels that exist between my own claim to indigeneity and that of Jews to the land of Israel.” A Light for the Indigenous Nations

The author cites similarities between his Maori people, and the Jewish people, in claiming indigeneity in each of their lands.

The Maori as a sort of ‘Zionists.’

4. Considering what the last two thousand years have offered the Jewish people, it is a miracle that they continue to exist.

Over three hundred years ago King Louis XIV of France asked Blaise Pascal, the great French philosopher of his day, to give him proof of the existence of miracles. Without a moment's hesitation, Pascal answered, "Why, the Jews, your Majesty-the Jews!”

' We don't have to speculate what Pascal meant when he gave this answer, because he took the trouble to spell it out. In his masterwork, Pensees, he explained that the fact that the Jewish people had survived until the seventeenth century-the time period in which he lived-was nothing short of a supernatural phenomenon.' - See more at: The Miracle of Jewish History | History News Network

5. This Maori South Pacific Islander applies that view to Jews in Israel.

‘In Māori culture we have the concept of ahi kaa (keeping the fires burning). A remnant remains in the land to keep alive the fires of occupation. The fact that there has been a continuous presence of Jews in the land of Israel for well over 3,000 years meets the criterion of keeping ahi kaa. In the Māori worldview it affirms their mana whenua or historic right to the land.”
A Light for the Indigenous Nations

Simply amazing.

6. “The development of a distinct language, culture, and belief system within a particular land prior to colonization is a defining feature of indigeneity, one shared by Māori and Jews.

My mother’s generation was punished physically for speaking in their native tongue at school. It is only in recent decades that this unfortunate state of affairs has been reversed and the Māori language has experienced a strong resurgence. Interestingly, the Israeli ulpan served as an inspiration for one of the Māori leaders who established kohanga reo (Māori language preschools). Indeed, the revival of Hebrew serves as an inspiration to many indigenous peoples seeking to revitalize languages negatively impacted by colonization.” A Light for the Indigenous Nations

Funny how the very opposite has been imposed on America by the Left: here, their potential voters are encouraged to keep their own language, a detriment to a beneficial unity.

*** I looked it up:
An ulpan (Hebrew: אולפן‎), plural ulpanim, is an institute or school for the intensive study of Hebrew. Ulpan is a Hebrew word meaning "studio", "teaching", or "instruction". The ulpan is designed to teach adult immigrants to Israel the basic language skills of conversation, writing, and comprehension.

Ulpan - Wikipedia​

https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Ulpan

Turns out, it is literally true!

1.The instruction manual or Western Civilization is the Bible. And it was used, specifically by America’s Founders, as the basis for our Constitution. Due to the influence of Karl Marx’s religion, you probably didn’t find that fact in government school.

2. The Bible offers the tiny nation of Israel as the model for many of our beliefs, and that is the meaning of the title above.

“Light to the nations (Hebrew: אור לגויים‎, romanized: Or la'Goyim; also "light of the nations", "light of all nations", "light for all nations") is a term originated from the prophet Isaiah which is understood by some to express the universal designation of the Israelites as mentors for spiritual and moral guidance for the entire world.” Wikipedia.

3. It is not just or Western folks. I found the universality represented in this article:

"How the Talmud Became a Best-Seller in South Korea

About an hour’s drive north of Seoul, in the Gwangju Mountains, nearly fifty South Korean children pore over a book. The text is an unlikely choice: the Talmud, the fifteen-hundred-year-old book of Jewish laws. The students are not Jewish, nor are their teachers, and they have no interest in converting. Most have never met a Jew before. But, according to the founder of their school, the students enrolled with the goal of receiving a “Jewish education” in addition to a Korean one.

...their teacher, Park Hyunjun, was explaining that Jews pray wearing two small black boxes, known as tefillin, to help them remember God’s word. He used the Hebrew words shel rosh (“on the head”) and shel yad (“on the arm”) to describe where the boxes are worn. Inside these boxes, he said, was parchment that contained verses from one of the holiest Jewish prayers, the Shema, which Jews recite daily. As the room filled with murmurings of the Shema in Korean, the dean of the school leaned over to me and said that the students recited the prayer daily, too, “with the goal of memorizing it.”
The reverend’s thesis is that the Jews have thrived for so many years because of certain educational and cultural practices, and that such benefits can be unlocked for Christians if those practices are taught to their children.

Outside, over bulgogi, Park Hyunjun laid out the goals behind his curriculum. “I would like to make our students to be people of God and to have charity just like Jewish people,”.....
How the Talmud Became a Best-Seller in South Korea

3. And now, from the South Pacific: “Despite what anti-Zionist ideologues might assume, the Jews of Israel are an inspiration for many Māori
Though I am Māori, I have for many years worked in and around Jewish issues—the memory of the Holocaust, advocacy for Zionism, and fighting antisemitism. But it is only in more recent years that I have become increasingly aware of the parallels that exist between my own claim to indigeneity and that of Jews to the land of Israel.” A Light for the Indigenous Nations

The author cites similarities between his Maori people, and the Jewish people, in claiming indigeneity in each of their lands.

The Maori as a sort of ‘Zionists.’

The Bible was specifically not used by the Founders as a basis for the Constitution. Nowhere in the body of the text is there a single reference to the Bible.

7. “…in regard to Israel, why does this matter? Because a colonialist narrative has taken hold in the popular imagination, by which Jews are seen as foreign colonizers who have displaced the indigenous Palestinian population. The colonialist narrative had its genesis in academia and has filtered down to politics and media. It has been promoted by historians of settler colonialism, Palestinian academics, politicians, and anti-Israel activists. Israel is portrayed as the archetypal intruder.
The Palestinian American academic Rashid Khalidi has said, “the modern history of Palestine can best be understood in these terms: as a colonial war waged against the indigenous population, by a variety of parties, to force them to relinquish their homeland to another people against their will.” A Light for the Indigenous Nations

Anything that can be said of Khalidi should be said of Hussein Obama.

He authorized the destruction of Israel by his brethren in Iran.

Anyone recall the hidden tape of Obama with noted anti-Semite Rashid Khalidi?

"The L.A. Times Suppresses Obama’s Khalidi Bash Tape

At the time Khalidi, a PLO adviser turned University of Chicago professor, was headed east to Columbia. There he would take over the University’s Middle East-studies program (which he has since maintained as a bubbling cauldron of anti-Semitism) and assume the professorship endowed in honor of Edward Sayyid, another notorious terror apologist."
The L.A. Times Suppresses Obama’s Khalidi Bash Tape | National Review

8. "BDS is a bulls**t purity test by people who want to appear woke and have actually slept through history class," Maher said, at which point the audience broke out into a thunderous applause. "It's predicated on this notion that is very shallow thinking, that the Jews are in Israel are mostly white and the Palestinians are browner so they [Palestinians] must be innocent and correct and the Jews must be wrong. As if occupation came out of the blue, that this completely peaceful people found themselves occupied. Forget about the infectadas and the suicide bombings and the rockets and how many wars?"
Bill Maher

Our Māori author give a perspective that compares her people's return to their homeland, with that of the Jewish people in Israel.

9. “If an ethnic group like the Arabs—who colonized Israel in the sixth century and imposed their language and religion on the conquered peoples—can claim indigeneity based on long-standing presence, then so can other colonizing groups. The rights and status of all indigenous peoples would be threatened by such an approach. In New Zealand, a few pākehā (New Zealanders of European descent) have sought to claim indigeneity. This effectively undermines any indigenous rights Māori might have, such as those articulated in the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.

…according to Article 26 of the U.N. Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, “Indigenous peoples have the right to the lands, territories and resources which they have traditionally owned, occupied or otherwise used or acquired.” Preventing an indigenous people group from building in their indigenous homeland is a breach of indigenous rights.”

1638300737497.png

Pretty interesting.

RE: A Light Unto The Nations
SUBTOPIC: The reason for Enlightenment
⁜→ et al,

BLUF: The idea of conversion may be a bridge too far, but the appreciation for the general ethic and cultural heritage is not. It can, in many respects (
not all), become important lessons learned for anyone. Even if you filter the faith-based material out, the lessons are still there.

.... the students enrolled with the goal of receiving a “Jewish education” in addition to a Korean one.

... the Jews have thrived for so many years because of certain educational and cultural practices, and that such benefits can be unlocked...
(COMMENT)

Ten years ago, I joined in on this set of discussions (Israel and Palestine), with an attitude that was not particularly favorable towards the Jewish National Home. You might say that I was a victim of two-dimensional thinking. But as participation progressed, I began to learn more about the meaning and intent of the San Remo Convention (now two hundred years ago) and the history of the Hebrew/Jewish People.

Some of you may have knowledge about the Bible codes, also known as Torah codes. I am not sure how these words, and phrases come to be embedded in these books (
writings). But many people have suggested to me that some these manuscripts hold some special meaning that needs to be unlocked. Ten years ago I had a disk application that worked in the primitive Window systems and MAC OS 8. It was very slow, but my name came up as an output and some other information that turned out to be fairly accurate. I do not know if you can still get this application. But it is interesting.

Anyway → There is nothing wrong with acquiring a diverse education. It may even be the right way to go.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

10. “Self-identification is an important aspect of indigeneity. Indigenous peoples reserve the right to assert their own understanding of what makes them indigenous. One Māori tribal elder has set out three criteria by which his people claim to be indigenous to Aotearoa (New Zealand).

Taketake (long established) E roa e noho a tatau i runga i te mata o tenei whenua he iwi taketake tatau. We have long lived on the face of this land, thus we are indigenous.

Nonamata (ancient) E tini nga pakiwaitara nonamata o tatau tupuna ki tenei whenua koia he iwi taketake, ka tu ai au hei tangata whenua ki tenei whenua. I hold the many ancient narratives of our ancestors, which allow me to be indigenous and a person of the land.

Toi (original) Ko te take hei iwi taketake e au ki tenei whenua i tataiheke e au mai nga Turehu me nga Patupaearahe ko nga iwi Toi o tenei whenua. I am indigenous to this land because my genealogy descends from the Turehu and the Patupaearahi, the original peoples to this land.”

בס"ד
SUBTOPIC: The reason for Enlightenment
⁜→ et al,

BLUF: The idea of conversion may be a bridge too far, but the appreciation for the general ethic and cultural heritage is not. It can, in many respects (not all), become important lessons learned for anyone. Even if you filter the faith-based material out, the lessons are still there.

(COMMENT)

Ten years ago, I joined in on this set of discussions (Israel and Palestine), with an attitude that was not particularly favorable towards the Jewish National Home. You might say that I was a victim of two-dimensional thinking. But as participation progressed, I began to learn more about the meaning and intent of the San Remo Convention (now two hundred years ago) and the history of the Hebrew/Jewish People.

Some of you may have knowledge about the Bible codes, also known as Torah codes. I am not sure how these words, and phrases come to be embedded in these books (writings). But many people have suggested to me that some these manuscripts hold some special meaning that needs to be unlocked. Ten years ago I had a disk application that worked in the primitive Window systems and MAC OS 8. It was very slow, but my name came up as an output and some other information that turned out to be fairly accurate. I do not know if you can still get this application. But it is interesting.

Anyway → There is nothing wrong with acquiring a diverse education. It may even be the right way to go.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Long time wanted to answer this post,
and probably won't do it justice trying to answer shortly,
it's Passover preparations, and there's still so much cleaning to do...

BLUF: The idea of conversion may be a bridge too far, but the appreciation for the general ethic and cultural heritage is not. It can, in many respects (not all), become important lessons learned for anyone. Even if you filter the faith-based material out, the lessons are still there.

Yes, You understand the main point, only without the terminology.
This is the Noahide revolution, conversion is not the goal, the main goal instead,
is to unite human civilization by strengthening the unique characters of each of
the families of earth, to fulfill their historic role in cooperation for the sake of all.

For example, today the Noahide laws are already enacted in international law,
at the foundational concept of the universal declaration of human rights,
and the development of the framework of international law.

Mind You, this is not to minimize the contribution of Rome,
to the foundation of the system of a legal codex, this is
fulfillment of their contribution to international law,
realizing the Noahide framework of cooperation.

From a traditional, religious perspective,
it is a similar reform rather than conversion.
Most of the 7 Noahide laws have been accepted
as social norms in humanity, even if not fulfilled at best.

As much as the monotheistic thought is already public domain,
universally as among the most seemingly polytheist societies,
like India, similarly as among the most 'atheist' circles it's
a mathematical equilibrium. One source is in no way
a radical thought anywhere.

So there's no need for conversion.
Hebrew monotheism - proclamation of G-d's unity,
is inclusive. As in everything, everything has its place.
The only thing required is recognition that the one source
is the G-d of Israel, not submission to Israel, but an open dialogue,
to fulfill each families of nations unique traditional relationship with G-d.
Unlike the competing Christian and Islamic doctrines seeking universal conversion,
at the exclusion of each other, this alternative seeks mutual cooperation to clarify any
cultural philosophical contradictions to universal recognition of G-d's uniqueness to
contribute the entire human family function in cooperation as one body collectively.

Because everything has its place,
humanity's role cannot be fulfilled without
each of the families of earth fulfilling their unique
character and role, the goal is to reform only the ideas
standing on the way of that mutual recognition and cooperation,
with the strength of each character mutually learned in a unique way to each.

(And here I wanted to make it short...anyway thank You RoccoR for the opportunity,
Your comments helped clarify these concepts a bit more to myself, as I'm learning too.)

To sum up this alternative perspective until here, and clarify one another point,
Rabbi Sherki told me I shouldn't do things not authorized as a rabbi,
don't take me as an authority on this. Here's a short presentation -

(COMMENT)

RoccoR my friend, if intuitively, at the gut level we already agree,
yet only conceptually with the said above - in essence this is it.
You're not expected more than that, I think Your contribution
to this historic dialogue is unique way beyond.

Some of you may have knowledge about the Bible codes, also known as Torah codes. I am not sure how these words, and phrases come to be embedded in these books (writings). But many people have suggested to me that some these manuscripts hold some special meaning that needs to be unlocked. Ten years ago I had a disk application that worked in the primitive Window systems and MAC OS 8. It was very slow, but my name came up as an output and some other information that turned out to be fairly accurate. I do not know if you can still get this application. But it is interesting.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

There's a research that graphically summed up the conceptual inter-linkage
of the main Hebrew text - Torah, the five books of Mosheh Rabbenu A"H.
The research must've made comparisons in reference that would be
interesting to look at. (I don't have the link now.)

Essentially, the code system known as Gmatria,
is a Greek concept, there's wisdom to it but it's only that,
and tool limited in its scope that cannot encompass any more.
Gematria is used but it's neither a practical nor a legal authority.

It is different than heritage, one can understand the concept of matrix,
to understand what Hebrew sages meant by all of Torah, every letter
and word being the Name of G-d. And the same heritage tells us
that only specifically Gematria "codes" are practically essential
for learning, at least as not to be limited in grasping further.

Otherwise, we go back, everything exists by G-d's name,
as in everything is a source code, and truthfully
You can find Your entire family's each name,
or other combinations in many books,
and in various patterns all over.

But as the Zen saying goes,
'don't confuse the finger
with the moon...'

Therefore, there's a distinction,
between codes being used for memorization,
or intellectual amusement, and being taught, or given Torah by heritage.

To sum this part up, our heritage teaches that we there's wisdom among nations that we Israel have to learn and include in our purpose, as much as leaven dough is originally Egyptian technology, and we bless over leaven bread on Shabbat, and half of Egyptian gold was shattered and drunk,
after being used in the golden calf, and the Tebernacle...

Education and dialogue are indeed the mutual goals,
however not Torah, prophecy is our heritage,
unique role and responsibility to fulfill.

All humanity can be prophets,
this is our contribution.

"And many peoples shall go, and they shall say, "Come, let us ascend to the mount of G-d, to the house of the G-d of Jacob, and let Him teach us of His ways, and we will go in His paths," for from Zion shall come forth Torah, and the word of the G-d from Jerusalem."

- Prophet Ysh'ayahu 2:3

Last edited:
Indeed a light unto all nations. Israels worldly help & contributions are endless. Gosh I wonder why there has never been a thread on all the Palestinian help & contributions to the world.

Indeed a light unto all nations. Israels worldly help & contributions are endless. Gosh I wonder why there has never been a thread on all the Palestinian help & contributions to the world.

With all their rock throwing in the intifadas, I'm surprised none have been selected in the MLB draft.....

The Noahide Revolution - Universal Thought and Introspection

SUBTOPIC:
⁜→ relax,

against Israel remain the most powerful moral documents humanity ever produced. More transformative than any Athenian moral philosophy. Harsher and sterner than any classical myth. It was the fate of the Jews, and all of us, that with the universalization of The Book the /2
(AS CONTIUED)
polemics were also universalized becoming the basis of both Christian and Islamic anti-Jewish polemics that later became the basis of modern antisemitism. In the move from particular Israel to the universal whole, the God of Abraham and his grace were universalized. /3

(COMMENT)

I am NOT Christian, Jewish, or Islamic. So, some of these passages and associations do not come naturally; because I study the intersections "reality" and "supernatural." So, what is the name of this " the most powerful moral documents" ever written?

And as far as the "anti-Jewish polemics" are involved, in terms of asymmetric targeting goes, they are already engaged in the conflict. But they are neither successful, or gaining any significant support financially. I have been observing these discussions for more than a decade. And in that time, and from the vantage point of the local position of existence - the Arab Palestinian has NOT yet turned the corner on developing a realistic position. I heard, from time - to - time, that the Arab Palestinians did not "lose" any thing. But the reality of the situation is that in the last century, the Jewish People as a 20th Century tribe of people, went from having no self-governing institutions or sovereign territory to being the most recognized developed nation in the Levant. Where as the "State of Palestine" can NOT define for you what territory the hold as self-governing and maintain sovereignty. I hear the argument that the State of Palestine was defined over a 100 years ago. Like I said, I deal with reality and the supernatural. The Arab Palestinians are going to have to resurrect some ancient and powerful magic to make that happen. I suppose they could they could take a trip down to the Zucrest of the old dynasties of pharaoh's. At night, they are pretty scary places. You can almost make-out voices.

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

SUBTOPIC:
⁜→ relax,

(COMMENT)

I am NOT Christian, Jewish, or Islamic. So, some of these passages and associations do not come naturally; because I study the intersections "reality" and "supernatural." So, what is the name of this " the most powerful moral documents" ever written?

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

This is a good start, but I wouldn't dare assume to understand what You mean by "reality" and "supernatural", let alone their intersection. However this reminds me of a Midrash, about Torah being six cubits long, two cubits held by G-d and two by Mosheh Rabbenu A"H,
with the two in between...

SUBTOPIC:
⁜→ relax,

(AS CONTIUED)
polemics were also universalized becoming the basis of both Christian and Islamic anti-Jewish polemics that later became the basis of modern antisemitism. In the move from particular Israel to the universal whole, the God of Abraham and his grace were universalized. /3

1611604183365.png

Most Respectfully,
R

Rabbi Manis Friedman - Solving Modern Problems with Ancient Wisdom

Forum List

Back