The problem with education

The problem with public education - summed up perfectly in a cartoon......
You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about.

Your naïve reactionaryism isn’t the answer; and the decline in the quality of education began at the advent of Reagan-era political budget cuts and the implementation of other conservative policies.

The problem with public education - summed up perfectly in a cartoon......
You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about.

Your naïve reactionaryism isn’t the answer; and the decline in the quality of education began at the advent of Reagan-era political budget cuts and the implementation of other conservative policies.

Is reactionaryism a word? :lol::lol: ( you misspelled naive too) :lol::lol:

Prove what? That your hysterical partisan mewling is just that?

See? You don't even know yourself.

'nuff said.

I do know. That's why I can say that you are nothing but a hysterical, self-indulgent little emo bitch that no one but other hysterical, self-indulgent little emo bitches ever takes seriously.

Someone takes me seriously. Or they wouldn't be screaming and calling names.

See? You don't even know yourself.

'nuff said.

I do know. That's why I can say that you are nothing but a hysterical, self-indulgent little emo bitch that no one but other hysterical, self-indulgent little emo bitches ever takes seriously.

Someone takes me seriously. Or they wouldn't be screaming and calling names.

No the reason they call you names is because you take yourself seriously

Naperville Illinos students regularly score in the top1% in the world for math and science. Yet they spend no more on education than neighboring school districts. The only thing they do differently is they make all of the students exercise. Exercising increases the ability to learn....,time to bring back mandatory PE classes for all students.

In the world? I would like to see these statistics because I do not believe it is in the world. Also, my children's school is in the top 2% in the nation, and there is no increased exercise. Though, they also do not spend a lot of money. It is in an affluent neighborhood and only gets special things, like smart boards or fancy electronics, if the parents association pays for it. They are the only school in my state to have only teachers with advanced degrees in middle school and high school, they have 11 students per teacher, and buy new books every year. Seems anecdotal evidence is not going to work for this problem.

The 8th grade 1999 Naperville students finished 6th in the WORLD for math and number 1 for science in the TIMSS (trends in international math and science study). there were 230,000 students from around the world that participated. It is well documented that EXERCISE dramatically improves the ability to learn.

EDIT- here is the link...Research « SKY Academy: SKY at the Y

Thank you for the link, I am just not believing that exercise alone could be the answer when other school achieve just as much without any added exercise. I think it is a good idea that students take gym everyday, and definitely would not hurt education. It is just that most of the truly smart people are not very athletic, usually sit out at gym, don't participate in any extracurricular activities, and still get great grades as well as the fact that it is rare to find a smart sports star at any high school.

the difference between a private school teacher and a public school teacher lies in the obligation to educate ALL kids. public schools don't get to pick and choose... private schools do. behavior problem? private school doesn't have to take them. uneducable? private school doesn't have to take them. public school? has to take every last one...

and then teachers get abused by people who don't think they should be paid for busing their butts.

What accounts for the fact that the public schools were doing a good job of educating us 50 years ago, but not now? It can't be strictly a matter of private schools picking and choosing. I'm not certain that just because someone is in private school they are automatically easier to educate. Just because Mom and Dad can afford private school doesn't mean that the child is any more teachable, and in fact may be an insufferable little jerk.

If our children got the same education that was given in the 50s they would be further behind than they already are. My children learn more now than when I went to school and graduation from their high school requires 9 more credit hours. Although, it also requires 7 more credit hours than any other school, excluding one private school, in the area.

i think you're missing the point in that private schools can turn down any kid who is a problem student... even if mommy and daddy have money.

and yes, if they're in private school, they're easier to educate because the private school doesn't have to take kids who ARE difficult.

They can turn them down, but do they? I can't say I've ever heard of a child being refused a private school education.

There are quite a few private schools in my area that will only take certain children and require an entrance exam.

the difference between a private school teacher and a public school teacher lies in the obligation to educate ALL kids. public schools don't get to pick and choose... private schools do. behavior problem? private school doesn't have to take them. uneducable? private school doesn't have to take them. public school? has to take every last one...

and then teachers get abused by people who don't think they should be paid for busing their butts.

What accounts for the fact that the public schools were doing a good job of educating us 50 years ago, but not now? It can't be strictly a matter of private schools picking and choosing. I'm not certain that just because someone is in private school they are automatically easier to educate. Just because Mom and Dad can afford private school doesn't mean that the child is any more teachable, and in fact may be an insufferable little jerk.

If our children got the same education that was given in the 50s they would be further behind than they already are. My children learn more now than when I went to school and graduation from their high school requires 9 more credit hours. Although, it also requires 7 more credit hours than any other school, excluding one private school, in the area.

If that's the case, then why can't so many of our youth these days spell, use grammar, and do basic math without a calculator or computer? I assure you I am far from behind today's students, and usually out ahead.

It is just that most of the truly smart people are not very athletic, usually sit out at gym, don't participate in any extracurricular activities, and still get great grades as well as the fact that it is rare to find a smart sports star at any high school.

That would be a great point IF IT WEREN'T COMPLETE B.S.

You sound like not only an idiot, but a 98lbs weakling with a terrible inferiority complex as well.

Forum List

Back