The price of going green

No doubt it will improve in time as new energy emerges.

In time? They've been paying triple for a while now.
How long before it improves? How will they know it improved?
Any metrics?

Your quality of life will drop under current conditions.

Why will my quality of life drop?
American air and water is cleaner than it's been in decades.
How is that possible, while paying 1/3rd what Germany pays?

California wants to lead the way, showing all the other states how “easy” it is to go green. For one California Energy Prices Continue to Rise Higher than Other States.

Just over one year ago in June 2019, California Globe reported that the Sacramento Municipal Utility District began charging Sacramento electricity users and ratepayers a new rate system that charges residential users higher rates between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m… much higher rates, just in time to get home from work, feed the family, do a couple loads of laundry, bathe the kiddies, maybe vacuum a room or two, and watch a little Netflix.

These new summer “peak” rates appear to be about 40% – 200% higher, looking at the bill.

California vs. US fuel price gap at 49.9% for premium.
California v. US diesel price $0.97
Range between highest and lowest prices by region $1.12
California Residential Electricity price 55.8% above average for rest of US
California Residential Electricity % growth since 2010
California Commercial Electricity price 70.8% above average for rest of US
California Industrial Electricity price 117.0% above average for rest of US

What was it that Obama said?

The High Cost of California Electricity Is Increasing Poverty
California Energy Prices Continue to Rise Higher Than Other States

Lol mean while peak rate time also peak productivity on solar. Put solar on roof and greedy utility companies don't bite you.

That's another one of their brilliant ideas. When I point out that fossil fuels are recycled plants and animals and solar is nuclear energy they have a conniption fit.

Or when we point out their leaders feeding them this crap are laughing as soon as the cameras turn off. That's why DumBama bought a mansion on the ocean......you know, one of those oceans that's supposed to overflow and eat up land for miles?

This debate between us pro-environment people and those not worried about it can be summed up best by the great late comedian, George Carlin. They always say the best comedy is always based from truth.

Toddsterpatriot American air and water are hardly clean and pollution rules the day and is getting worse. The weather patterns, in case you have not noticed, have gone "tilt" and the quality of life will surely be affected, just as they are in Texas and the Western states. We need to do something rather than sit on our ass as we have been doing for decades.

Toddsterpatriot American air and water are hardly clean and pollution rules the day and is getting worse. The weather patterns, in case you have not noticed, have gone "tilt" and the quality of life will surely be affected, just as they are in Texas and the Western states. We need to do something rather than sit on our ass as we have been doing for decades.

Right, because we can control the weather now. :eusa_shhh:

It is not a fraction of society. It used to be a fraction of society. We are already seeing the results of climate change. Wake up.

Yes, climate change like what ended the ice age when there was not one car, home or factory on the planet?

Sometimes in these discussions, I picture a classroom of kids in a 100 or so years from now. The teacher tells her class that a little over 100 years ago, people back then thought they could control the climate, and the class busts out in laughter like when our teachers told us people of the past thought the earth was flat, and if you walk too far, you'll fall off.

We may be able to reduce pollution, but we have zero ability to control the climate. That's what God does.
Our abuse of the air and water is what probably brought us to this point, according to the science community. If we change our ways and it is not too late, maybe "God" will cut us a break.

Our abuse of the air and water is what probably brought us to this point, according to the science community. If we change our ways and it is not too late, maybe "God" will cut us a break.

Brought us to what point? We're at the point we've always been since this planet was created. It doesn't rain perfectly in all areas across the world. Hurricane activity varies. Some years we have a bad season and other times nothing. If there was this climate change, don't you think that would be more consistent? This month, I had to turn on my furnace twice. That's not a normal summer even up north.

Years ago the theme was global warming. Once environmentalists were proven wrong, and that is the planet is not getting warmer, they switched it to climate change. Why climate change? Because that way nobody could prove them wrong because the climate on this planet has been changing since God made the place. If every single human died on this planet, the climate would continue to change like it always has.

Brought us to what point? We're at the point we've always been since this planet was created. It doesn't rain perfectly in all areas across the world. Hurricane activity varies. Some years we have a bad season and other times nothing. If there was this climate change, don't you think that would be more consistent? This month, I had to turn on my furnace twice. That's not a normal summer even up north.

Years ago the theme was global warming. Once environmentalists were proven wrong, and that is the planet is not getting warmer, they switched it to climate change. Why climate change? Because that way nobody could prove them wrong because the climate on this planet has been changing since God made the place. If every single human died on this planet, the climate would continue to change like it always has.
Goodbye, Ray. You are too ignorant to debate and you are dead wrong because it was always "climate change" no matter what they called it, and the rest of the world is feeling the change and are trying to address the issue.

Examples of forward-thinking breakthroughs will include aluminum-air batteries that are standardized for vending most EVs. Electric bike vending has been underway in Wisconsin for some time. Duh

Welcome to communism. Oh it used to be called Feudalism. In other words no more middle class. The wealthy and the screwed.

That is it.

You middle class leftists deserve the misery you will receive. Don't worry though. Your dear leaders will continue to blame capitalism for your suffering like they do in Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, Baltimore etc etc.

Yes, hasn't been a republican mayor in Chicago since 1931 and they blame Trump for the black people dying due to crime, even though they are the ones yelling to reduce the police force.

That is the American left. They are like mosquitos buzzing around in your ears.

Goodbye, Ray. You are too ignorant to debate and you are dead wrong because it was always "climate change" no matter what they called it, and the rest of the world is feeling the change and are trying to address the issue.
Pathetic, liberal playbook page 1 when losing the debate claim your opponent is ignorant. You idiots on the left really need to get some new material.

Welcome to communism. Oh it used to be called Feudalism. In other words no more middle class. The wealthy and the screwed.

That is it.

You middle class leftists deserve the misery you will receive. Don't worry though. Your dear leaders will continue to blame capitalism for your suffering like they do in Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, Baltimore etc etc.

Yes, hasn't been a republican mayor in Chicago since 1931 and they blame Trump for the black people dying due to crime, even though they are the ones yelling to reduce the police force.

That is the American left. They are like mosquitos buzzing around in your ears.

They are going beyond all that. Since polls show that de-funding the police is extremely unpopular, now they're trying to blame Republicans in Congress for the de-funding. The stupid leftists will believe them too, because they don't understand anything about government such as the police were never funded by the feds, they are funded through local taxation.

American air and water are hardly clean and pollution rules the day and is getting worse.

I don't believe you.

The weather patterns, in case you have not noticed, have gone "tilt"

I don't believe they have.

There is no single answer to the issue. Continuing with Gas and coal is not sustainable. It just isn’t.

Now. Solar is not the answer on its own. But it can be, should be part of the answer.

Ok. I live in Georgia and we get Hurricanes. No news there. I have a generator to run a few things. Common practice. However fuel storage is an issue. At some point the amount of fuel I can store becomes dangerous.

I built a solar powered battery pack. I used an AGM battery. Two large panels producing enough power to charge the battery and run a electric cooler for 24 hours. That allows me to cook food and drink.

Most importantly it works. I’ve tested it.

Solar runs satellites including Hubble. It runs the international space station. Think about that.

There is no single answer to the issue. Continuing with Gas and coal is not sustainable. It just isn’t.

Now. Solar is not the answer on its own. But it can be, should be part of the answer.

Ok. I live in Georgia and we get Hurricanes. No news there. I have a generator to run a few things. Common practice. However fuel storage is an issue. At some point the amount of fuel I can store becomes dangerous.

I built a solar powered battery pack. I used an AGM battery. Two large panels producing enough power to charge the battery and run a electric cooler for 24 hours. That allows me to cook food and drink.

Most importantly it works. I’ve tested it.

Solar runs satellites including Hubble. It runs the international space station. Think about that.

They've been telling us that using fossil fuels are very limited since the 70's when Nixon was President. They said we are going to drain the middle-east of all their oil and we'll be screwed. 40 years later under President Trump, we became the worlds largest fuel exporter.

It's not that electricity can't be created any other way than fossil fuels, it has more to do with cost, reliability, practicality, amount of electricity, and power.

If you want to charge your battery with solar panels, go for it, just don't insist everybody do the same. When alternative fuel is feasible compared to fossil fuel, you won't need government shoving it down our throats. The market will take care of itself and people will flock to it like we did with cell phones, internet and big screen televisions.

Pathetic, liberal playbook page 1 when losing the debate claim your opponent is ignorant. You idiots on the left really need to get some new material.
I didn't lose anything. "Pathetic" is how I would describe your ilk.

Forum List

Back