The price of going green

^^^ naive and uninformed, must be a young person.

Yep. Those of us in the older crowd can remember them making us greener for well over 50 years. We've made dozens and dozens of changes for green at the cost of trillions of dollars throughout the years, and they are more unhappy today than they were 50 years ago.

Since the fact is these environmental people can never be happy, why should we waste trillions of dollars more to try? It's fruitless.
Those of us in the older crowd know that the effort in green energy was only a blip, and not helpful.
With the proper support, new energy will be the wave of the future. Some old farts are stuck in the past
and don't understand the importance of change in our current environment, or in your case, don't care

Yep. Those of us in the older crowd can remember them making us greener for well over 50 years. We've made dozens and dozens of changes for green at the cost of trillions of dollars throughout the years, and they are more unhappy today than they were 50 years ago.

Since the fact is these environmental people can never be happy, why should we waste trillions of dollars more to try? It's fruitless.
These stupid shit green morons, if they want to go green first clean up their environment obliterating garbage pile Dem run cities. Many of which have sewer systems so old and broke down they routinely spill hundreds of millions of gallons of raw untreated sewage into rivers and oceans. So fouling the water swimming and fishing is banned. But they have money to spend on bike lanes and feel good liberal nonsense. They don't damage the environment they obliterate the environment paving over and wiping out nature in all directions like a festering black mold. Take a look at Dem run cities in satellite photos, the environment is wiped off the map.

So when these morons start yapping about 'green' I just laugh in their faces.

The ultimate goal of the Big Left "environmentalists" is the extinction of the human race, so "making them happy" means dying.

The problem with "green" is it's a bottomless money pit. There isn't enough money in this country to fill it. In fact not enough money in the world.

Try this when debating an environmentalist: Tell me what you want, and how much it will cost us to reach your environmental goal to shut you people up forever. What will it take?

The response will be crickets. Even they know they have no goal. They can't tell you what they even want which means this environmental crusade will be endless.

Ray From Cleveland There are always start-up costs for new projects, and as the corporate world adjusts, so will the population because there is no choice. The future of our civilization depends on
the control of pollution. Your prices will increase under the current system and are already increasing
and jobs will be lost. You need to see the big picture.
^^^ naive and uninformed, must be a young person. So the poor and working class will be forced to get screwed over on the sky high cost of 'green' energy that's your opinion? What about countries like Canada who's government rakes in boat loads of cash from fossil fuels think they are going to give up that revenue, not a chance. As for your so called green tech it's toxic as hell so toxic it has to be manufactured in shit hole countries. Tell us how that's green.

Reminds me of 35 years ago when the stupid shit green tree huggers told us all paper bags should be BANNED because 'green' so they banned them and created a catastrophic plastic bag pollution disaster. Now they want to ban plastic bags and go back to paper, shocker. Anyone touting 'green' just assume they are a blithering idiot.
You have no clue. Only an uninformed and uneducated yodle responds in your manner.
You just hate that we brought facts to your feel good 'green' propaganda. Tissue?

Ray From Cleveland. Did I say that the cost is dropping? No, it is a concept that is being put into use
in a big way, where-as some geniuses concluded that clean energy causes cancer. Anything to make a buck, aye?

Fine. If people turn to green energy with no subsidies and market driven, I'm good with that. Give me a product just as reliable, just as plentiful, just as economical, just as powerful as fossil fuels and I'm in. The problem is that won't happen in our lifetime. Sure, it will come at it's own time, but forcing us to green because a fraction of our society is obsessed with it is like the government telling Henry Ford his model-T must have fuel injection before he could sell them.
It is not a fraction of society. It used to be a fraction of society. We are already seeing the results of climate change. Wake up.

Those of us in the older crowd know that the effort in green energy was only a blip, and not helpful.
With the proper support, new energy will be the wave of the future. Some old farts are stuck in the past
and don't understand the importance of change in our current environment, or in your case, don't care
Watch me destroy this fool...okay go ahead lead by example. Sell everything you own and give the money to government to spend on green. If it's that important you are willing to sacrifice right. You don't need a home or energy or a vehicle, live in a tent China makes tents for cheap. Also cancel your energy gobbling internet service and shut off your energy gobbling computer you are wrecking the planet. :auiqs.jpg:

These stupid shit green morons, if they want to go green first clean up their environment obliterating garbage pile Dem run cities. Many of which have sewer systems so old and broke down they routinely spill hundreds of millions of gallons of raw untreated sewage into rivers and oceans. So fouling the water swimming and fishing is banned. But they have money to spend on bike lanes and feel good liberal nonsense. They don't damage the environment they obliterate the environment paving over and wiping out nature in all directions like a festering black mold. Take a look at Dem run cities in satellite photos, the environment is wiped off the map.

Yes, but hypocrisy is always entertaining, don't you think? I wonder how many of these people have a windmill in their backyard, ride a bike everywhere they go, if whether doesn't permit a bike, how often they use public transportation, do they take their own cloth bags to the grocery store, do they use the recycling program in their city, do they have solar panels not subsidized by the government?

Bobob
Ray From Cleveland. Did I say that the cost is dropping? No, it is a concept that is being put into use
in a big way, where-as some geniuses concluded that clean energy causes cancer. Anything to make a buck, aye?

Fine. If people turn to green energy with no subsidies and market driven, I'm good with that. Give me a product just as reliable, just as plentiful, just as economical, just as powerful as fossil fuels and I'm in. The problem is that won't happen in our lifetime. Sure, it will come at it's own time, but forcing us to green because a fraction of our society is obsessed with it is like the government telling Henry Ford his model-T must have fuel injection before he could sell them.
It is not a fraction of society. It used to be a fraction of society. We are already seeing the results of climate change. Wake up.

Yep, we're certainly seeing the results of "climate change" in California.

Yes, but hypocrisy is always entertaining, don't you think? I wonder how many of these people have a windmill in their backyard, ride a bike everywhere they go, if whether doesn't permit a bike, how often they use public transportation, do they take their own cloth bags to the grocery store, do they use the recycling program in their city, do they have solar panels not subsidized by the government?
I live in harmony with nature on enough acreage that we peacefully coexist. Meanwhile 'green' morons pack themselves together like sardines wiping out every square yard of nature. Okay they save the odd tree or two but otherwise its buildings and concrete. Then they gather all their garbage and human waste and wreck the environment in gigantic garbage pits while pumping what can be liquified into rivers and oceans. Nature can't process their concentrated Dem filth in that volume.

Yes, climate change like what ended the ice age when there was not one car, home or factory on the planet?

Sometimes in these discussions, I picture a classroom of kids in a 100 or so years from now. The teacher tells her class that a little over 100 years ago, people back then thought they could control the climate, and the class busts out in laughter like when our teachers told us people of the past thought the earth was flat, and if you walk too far, you'll fall off.

We may be able to reduce pollution, but we have zero ability to control the climate. That's what God does.

Yes, climate change like what ended the ice age when there was not one car, home or factory on the planet?

Sometimes in these discussions, I picture a classroom of kids in a 100 or so years from now. The teacher tells her class that a little over 100 years ago, people back then thought they could control the climate, and the class busts out in laughter like when our teachers told us people of the past thought the earth was flat, and if you walk too far, you'll fall off.

We may be able to reduce pollution, but we have zero ability to control the climate. That's what God does.
Only the looney tune left would try to control the sun and earths orbit. Follow the science unless the science upends your propaganda then ignore the science.

The ultimate goal of the Big Left "environmentalists" is the extinction of the human race, so "making them happy" means dying.

The problem with "green" is it's a bottomless money pit. There isn't enough money in this country to fill it. In fact not enough money in the world.

Try this when debating an environmentalist: Tell me what you want, and how much it will cost us to reach your environmental goal to shut you people up forever. What will it take?

The response will be crickets. Even they know they have no goal. They can't tell you what they even want which means this environmental crusade will be endless.

They want the death of humanity. Dig into the "green agenda" and you will find it's all about population reduction. Radical leftists view humanity as a virus.

Only the looney tune left would try to control the sun and earths orbit. Follow the science unless the science upends your propaganda then ignore the science.

Yes, but we can do some things, like replacing flight patterns with railroad tracks. :auiqs.jpg:
That's another one of their brilliant ideas. When I point out that fossil fuels are recycled plants and animals and solar is nuclear energy they have a conniption fit.

California wants to lead the way, showing all the other states how “easy” it is to go green. For one California Energy Prices Continue to Rise Higher than Other States.

Just over one year ago in June 2019, California Globe reported that the Sacramento Municipal Utility District began charging Sacramento electricity users and ratepayers a new rate system that charges residential users higher rates between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m… much higher rates, just in time to get home from work, feed the family, do a couple loads of laundry, bathe the kiddies, maybe vacuum a room or two, and watch a little Netflix.

These new summer “peak” rates appear to be about 40% – 200% higher, looking at the bill.

California vs. US fuel price gap at 49.9% for premium.
California v. US diesel price $0.97
Range between highest and lowest prices by region $1.12
California Residential Electricity price 55.8% above average for rest of US
California Residential Electricity % growth since 2010
California Commercial Electricity price 70.8% above average for rest of US
California Industrial Electricity price 117.0% above average for rest of US

What was it that Obama said?

The High Cost of California Electricity Is Increasing Poverty
California Energy Prices Continue to Rise Higher Than Other States

Did it ever occur to you that it might be worth it to spend a little more if it saves our future generations?

I've learned not to rely too much on a wing and a prayer.

Which is why spending a bit now might be a good idea. Concrete actions instead of hopes and dreams.

California wants to lead the way, showing all the other states how “easy” it is to go green. For one California Energy Prices Continue to Rise Higher than Other States.

Just over one year ago in June 2019, California Globe reported that the Sacramento Municipal Utility District began charging Sacramento electricity users and ratepayers a new rate system that charges residential users higher rates between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m… much higher rates, just in time to get home from work, feed the family, do a couple loads of laundry, bathe the kiddies, maybe vacuum a room or two, and watch a little Netflix.

These new summer “peak” rates appear to be about 40% – 200% higher, looking at the bill.

Did it ever occur to you that it might be worth it to spend a little more if it saves our future generations?

Which is why spending a bit now might be a good idea. Concrete actions instead of hopes and dreams.

So not only a wing and a prayer, an expensive wing and a prayer....and you wonder why you live in a tent.

See if I'm being honest I don't think there's any problem with going green and looking after the planet and our resources a lot better.

See without wanting to sound like an anti-Capitalist and Climate Change Activist (because I'm honestly neither of those things) the money big business and Governments either make or have in reserve, then cost shouldn't be an issue especially when it comes to the planet. We only get one planet.

If there was a real desire for it, the nations could come together, club together and offset the cost and negate it all in a co-operation agreement so that we can make the transaction but without the substantial cost being passed onto your average consumer.

If there's a will there's a way.

I'm quite on board with looking after our planet and trying to not run our natural resources dry but my issue with it is that similar to so many "progressive" movements these days it's a cult and an industry in itself. Radicals with conspiracy theories and scare stories to keep themselves relevant and in business. That shit needs to stop and more folk would get on board.

That's not brit

But we're a world empire your prosperity and most fo the planet depends on

Do not ask for us to hurt oursleves economically. It will not end well you or probably most of hte rest of the planet.

Pax Americana exists. What the fuck are you going to do with the Germans without us? Hah

Why would we spend any moeny when we have no reason to think we will reduce global emissions by any amount that matters?

We are not in control of global emissions.

Clean air and water are attainable goals worth spending for. The chinese have a difficult time from polluting either from across the pacific.

Forum List

Back