The Other Sandy Hook Lies of Alex Jones

Were any of the anomalies of Sandy Hook addressed? In light of the recent school shooting in TX is it far fetched to believe Sandy Hook was any different as far as Fed actions and complicity

Were any of the anomalies of Sandy Hook addressed? In light of the recent school shooting in TX is it far fetched to believe Sandy Hook was any different as far as Fed actions and complicity
You Goofy

I am absolutely no fan of Alex Jones and think he is looney tunes and even hurtful when he comes up with these far out conspiracy theories. I would not trust him as a source ever.

But honestly, how 'hurtful' could his ridiculous or mean spirited rants be to Sandy Hook parents? Does anybody think any of them actually listen to Alex Jones or consult Infowars for information? Jones audience is I think like .07% of the American public or maybe just a bit more. The chances any of them ever heard his broadcast are slim to none. I'm a news junkie and I've never heard one of his broadcasts other than in short clips somebody posted.

This sets a terrible precedent and really dangles serious bait for unscrupulous lawyers to go looking for 'victims' of anything unusual or unorthodox anybody says on television or the radio. Good Lord look at the pure offensive vitriol, hatefulness, mean spiritedness you hear from talking heads on MSNBC or CNN every day of the week. Certainly Fox News broadcasts opinion about people or events that many find offensive.

I do think libel and slander that materially harms a person reputation or livelihood, i.e. does real harm, should be prosecuted, but that is not the case here. Jones is convicted of having an opinion. As outrageous as it was/is, it is just an opinion.

If this verdict holds up under appeal, I think the media may be effectively muzzled out of fear that if they get something wrong, lawsuits will follow.

Last edited:
WE now live in a world where if you are disliked enough you can be ruined for what you have said in the past.... does that sound like America to you?....

???? real nice... thanks for showing your true colors... now we know you are on the controlled speech side....
It did not hurt me, in this case. I do not live in Sandy Hook. It is just a fact, many on the far right will get behind obviously outlandish politically created or favoring ideas, thinking they have impunity against any harm they create or encourage. You can say anything you like in this country, as long as you have deep enough pockets to pay your way out of it, or highly placed friends to protect you when caught. Look at the people Donny has sued or threatened to sue. It is very popular in modern America to sue to protect your interests and good name. Lot's of right wing stars have done it. Are they so stupid, to think it will never be done to them? It is their game, but very popular with normal people too and the normal people often have so much more to gain.
We already know, many big name conservatives, talk and act as if they had no idea, everybody on the planet has a phone that doubles as an audio/video recording studio for their every private remark, and their words taken seriously as they use their personal megaphones for fun and profit. Normal people know it is not private if said in public. We've also learned the importance of hiring competent legal staff, after the idiots trump hired to try to steal the election. Alex obviously ignores the memo. His own lawyers sent the plaintiff laws a complete two year history of everything, the idiot text, regarding Sandy Hook, also failed to tell him, so naturally he tried to lie, right there in court, blindsided by the incompetence of his own defense lawyers.
This is all Alex's fault, nobody to blame but himself.

I don't see any value in that sort of free speech. Do you see value in lies and slander?
Lies are one thing. Much of the media engages in them as often as it doesn't. Slander however is a specific term in which a person's reputation and/or livelihood is materially harmed by lies told by another. Example: a Mexican beer company successfully sued for slander when a competitor said they p*ssed in their beer before they bottled it. The slander cost the company reputation and profits and a punitive award was well justified.

I cannot see that was the case with the Sandy Hook parents. Is it hurtful and infuriating to hear Alex Jones make light of their pain? Absolutely. That was galling. But damaging to any specific person? Material harm? No. If we start giving out million dollar plus awards just because people get their feelings hurt, there will be no end to such lawsuits.

The concept of free speech is not based on the 'value' of that speech, but that people can express their opinions without fear of retaliation or consequence so long as those opinions are not intended to materially damage the reputation or livelihood of another person.

Then every politician should be sued?.... again... how do you know he was purposely lying?....
Because he can't stop lying. It's why he purjured himself in court.
I cannot see that was the case with the Sandy Hook parents. Is it hurtful and infuriating to hear Alex Jones make light of their pain? Absolutely. That was galling. But damaging to any specific person? Material harm? No. If we start giving out million dollar plus awards just because people get their feelings hurt, there will be no end to such lawsuits.
Allow me to smack you upside the head with the facts. Read the article and tell me about 'hurt feelings'.

Because he can't stop lying. It's why he purjured himself in court.

Allow me to smack you upside the head with the facts. Read the article and tell me about 'hurt feelings'.

Those making the death threats, doing the harassment, etc. are the ones to prosecute. To excuse their behavior and go after the person who didn't do that is the problem. It's just like Johnny Depp suggesting assassination of President Trump, Madonna saying she has often thought of blowing up the White House, Kathy Griffin holding up a severed head of President Trump. All despicable and hateful. But when there is an actual assassination attempt or attack on the White House (BLM) were these people blamed? No. Why? Because they were despicable but did not plan, encourage, or carry out a bad deed; could not be shown to be serious about putting their despicable words/actions into action.

Did Alex Jones encourage people to threaten or harass Sandy Hook parents? I'm pretty sure he did not. Were his comments despicable? Given no evidence for them, yes they were. Is he to blame for the hateful things other do. No.

I am pretty sure Jones was given punitive damages solely because of his political positions and for no other reason. Had he been a leftwing commentator spouting some ridiculous theory about the Trump Administration, there never would have been a lawsuit.

I don't see any value in that sort of free speech. Do you see value in lies and slander?
There are not different types of free speech.... his words did not physically harm anyone.... next it might be something you said here that gets you sued.... where does this road end?....

Free Speech is giving someone magic beans and claiming they'll give unimaginable wealth ...
Making someone PAY for these beans claiming they'll give unimaginable wealth is fraud ... (unless of course the beans really are magical) ...

Alex Jones has made lying about Sandy Hook into a commercial enterprise ... and he has to follow all the laws you and I have to follow when running our businesses ... and it is illegal to commit fraud ...

I'd hate to lose a child and have hundreds of people scream at me that I never had a child ... especially if some jackwagon was making money saying I'm a liar ...

Forum List

Back