The Offical "Walmart Discontinues Some Ammo Sales" thread

So they really went full retard. Like Shotgun Willy said in the movie "Tropic Thunder", "Never go full retard."

After hearing on the news this morning that Walmart was going to discontinue selling handgun and any ammunition that could be used in a "short-barreled rifle", and that they would no longer allow open-carry in their stores, I decided to check it out myself.

I had a talk with the guy who worked the sporting goods counter, in the back. The first thing I noticed, was that there seemed to be a run on handgun ammo. It appeared as if several people had also heard the story, and were buying it up. Between you and I, one of the reasons I went there was to see if they had marked the price down on any ammo, like they did when they closed out the AR-15 rifles a couple years ago.

The sales associate confirmed the story that Walmart corporate sent out a memo that they would no longer be carrying handgun or short-barreled rifle ammunition. That would include .380 ACP, 9mm, 38 Special, 40 caliber, 45 caliber, .223, 5.56mm, and 7.62x39.

He also told me that while they want to disallow open carry and concealed carry, there's not much they can do about it, as per state law. I informed him that unless they post a sign declaring "No Weapons Allowed" at all of the entrances, they can't prohibit people from carrying in the store.

Of course if they did that, I would simply not comply with the sign, as I do when I go to Goodwill or any other place that's posted. Like they say, "Concealed means concealed." The only place I don't carry is in the post office, courthouse, sheriff's department, or on the grounds of a public school.

Of course, Walmart's retarded and politically-correct policy is going to cost them some money. Being located in a rural area as I am, many people own handguns and short-barreled rifles. Well fuck them: There are plenty of other places in town that those people can purchase ammunition. As for myself, I hardly ever buy ammo from Walmart, unless it's been marked down. I shoot thousands of rounds a year in 12 different calibers, but most of it is that which I've handloaded all by myself. It's much cheaper to buy a 5-gallon bucket of wheel weights from a local tire store, buy a bullet mold on Ebay, then get my powder and primers from the reloading store two towns from here. Plus I get a far more accurate round than the generic crap they sell at Walmart.

No link, there are many places that do not allow concealed carry and they can as well, even if the state allows it. Even the NRA conventions. Sounds like you are pissed you can't buy their ammunition.

You must be a very bad judge of character because...not really. The only time I've ever bought ammo from Walmart was when it was marked down for closeout. True, there were a few individuals I personally know who back during the gun-legislation scare of the Obama years, would buy up all the Walmart ammo they could and resell it at the gun shows. That's why there was such a shortage of .22 LR ammo back then.

As for a link, do your own damned homework. The story is all over the internet. And as for those places which are posted "No Weapons Allowed", like I said, I simply don't comply. If the Glock 9mm weapon I carry every day is concealed, what are they going to do about it?

If they find out about it you can be arrested for armed trespassing.

Um, not in Georgia. In Georgia the most the business owner can do is ask you to leave. Then he can call the cops who will tell you to leave. If you refuse, then you can be arrested for trespassing. So the presence of a gun does not change the process at all.

http://www.ccboc.com/document_cente...n and Carry of Firearms Under Georgia Law.pdf

So they really went full retard. Like Shotgun Willy said in the movie "Tropic Thunder", "Never go full retard."

After hearing on the news this morning that Walmart was going to discontinue selling handgun and any ammunition that could be used in a "short-barreled rifle", and that they would no longer allow open-carry in their stores, I decided to check it out myself.

I had a talk with the guy who worked the sporting goods counter, in the back. The first thing I noticed, was that there seemed to be a run on handgun ammo. It appeared as if several people had also heard the story, and were buying it up. Between you and I, one of the reasons I went there was to see if they had marked the price down on any ammo, like they did when they closed out the AR-15 rifles a couple years ago.

The sales associate confirmed the story that Walmart corporate sent out a memo that they would no longer be carrying handgun or short-barreled rifle ammunition. That would include .380 ACP, 9mm, 38 Special, 40 caliber, 45 caliber, .223, 5.56mm, and 7.62x39.

He also told me that while they want to disallow open carry and concealed carry, there's not much they can do about it, as per state law. I informed him that unless they post a sign declaring "No Weapons Allowed" at all of the entrances, they can't prohibit people from carrying in the store.

Of course if they did that, I would simply not comply with the sign, as I do when I go to Goodwill or any other place that's posted. Like they say, "Concealed means concealed." The only place I don't carry is in the post office, courthouse, sheriff's department, or on the grounds of a public school.

Of course, Walmart's retarded and politically-correct policy is going to cost them some money. Being located in a rural area as I am, many people own handguns and short-barreled rifles. Well fuck them: There are plenty of other places in town that those people can purchase ammunition. As for myself, I hardly ever buy ammo from Walmart, unless it's been marked down. I shoot thousands of rounds a year in 12 different calibers, but most of it is that which I've handloaded all by myself. It's much cheaper to buy a 5-gallon bucket of wheel weights from a local tire store, buy a bullet mold on Ebay, then get my powder and primers from the reloading store two towns from here. Plus I get a far more accurate round than the generic crap they sell at Walmart.

No link, there are many places that do not allow concealed carry and they can as well, even if the state allows it. Even the NRA conventions. Sounds like you are pissed you can't buy their ammunition.

You must be a very bad judge of character because...not really. The only time I've ever bought ammo from Walmart was when it was marked down for closeout. True, there were a few individuals I personally know who back during the gun-legislation scare of the Obama years, would buy up all the Walmart ammo they could and resell it at the gun shows. That's why there was such a shortage of .22 LR ammo back then.

As for a link, do your own damned homework. The story is all over the internet. And as for those places which are posted "No Weapons Allowed", like I said, I simply don't comply. If the Glock 9mm weapon I carry every day is concealed, what are they going to do about it?

Nope. Under Wisconsin law, that would only be a Class B forfeiture, which is a misdemeanor. And I would first have to be told to leave by the owner or manager, and then refuse. The fine is up to $1000 but then again, the County Judge was the best man at my wedding, so....

Whoever does any of the following is subject to a Class B forfeiture:

2. While carrying a firearm, enters or remains in any part of a nonresidential building, grounds of a nonresidential building, or land that the actor does not own or occupy after the owner of the building, grounds, or land, if that part of the building, grounds, or land has not been leased to another person, or the occupant of that part of the building, grounds, or land has notified the actor not to enter or remain in that part of the building, grounds, or land while carrying a firearm or with that type of firearm.

Wisconsin Legislature: 943.13(1m)(b)

Nope. Under Wisconsin law, that would only be a Class B forfeiture, which is a misdemeanor. And I would first have to be told to leave by the owner or manager, and then refuse. The fine is up to $1000 but then again, the County Judge was the best man at my wedding, so....

Whoever does any of the following is subject to a Class B forfeiture:

2. While carrying a firearm, enters or remains in any part of a nonresidential building, grounds of a nonresidential building, or land that the actor does not own or occupy after the owner of the building, grounds, or land, if that part of the building, grounds, or land has not been leased to another person, or the occupant of that part of the building, grounds, or land has notified the actor not to enter or remain in that part of the building, grounds, or land while carrying a firearm or with that type of firearm.

Wisconsin Legislature: 943.13(1m)(b)

And under other states laws you're in trouble if you miss the sign.

"However, in some other states, you may run into some serious legal problems just for missing the sign and entering the business. It is on you from a liability standpoint if you missed it. No warnings, no second chances; you will face charges if you are caught."

Businesses With ‘No Guns’ Signs: What to Do | USCCA

The sign is telling you not to do it. The owner himself does not have to tell you. The owner put the sign up. Ignoring the sign is the same as ignoring the owner. If the sign says no guns allowed and you carry you are not wanted or allowed on the premises and thus you are trespassing.

CCW Weekend: When Do You Have To Obey “No Guns” Signs?

In my state no gun signs have the force of law.

Last edited:

That is a lie.....the NRA convention allowed concealed and open carry...why do you keep lying when it is so easy to prove you wrong?

Walmart's Ammo & Firearm Ban Backfires

39wde4.gif

Tomi Lahren says Walmart ‘shot itself in the foot’ by restricting gun and ammo sales
It's a done deal on handgun ammo. Just got back from the local Wal-Mart and zero handgun ammo, unless you shoot a .22 pistol, you are SOL.
They must have had a run on BB guns. Not one on the shelf. Happy New Year.

Tomi Lahren says Walmart ‘shot itself in the foot’ by restricting gun and ammo sales
I wouldn't buy ammunition or any thing else from walmart. For one who the hell is walmart to ask me for ID to buy ammo . They treat their employees like garbage My wife was a manager there for 7 years until the day some Muslim came in one morning to stock up on donuts he would put on his roach coach and turn around and charge 5 times what he paid for them. When told there were no donuts he assaulted her with a shopping cart then call the main office saying she assault her. IT NEVER HAPPENED BUT MANAGER THAT GIVE 100% DON'T COUNT FOR SHIT TO WALMART AND THEY DIDN;T WANT TO HEAR HER SIDE A FIRED HER. I STILL GO BY THAT STORE WHEN EVER IN THE AREA AND ONE DAY THAT SOB IS GOING TO GET PELTED WITH PICKLED PIG FEET SENDING HIM TO HELL and he will be wearing more than a shopping cart.. They have snitches that get people fired by who ever tells for someone talking shit about the company THE SAME AS AN OBAMA SNITCH SIGHT. I know what you are thinking How does a person get his jollies from snitchin? One word democRat My kid bought some tires there The next nighty on the freeway the tred ripped off one of the tires No warranty for a worthless tire that didn't last 24 hours. I bought 4 tires when my wife worked there 3 had blowed out on the freeway I CRAMED THE FOURTH UP THEIR ASS AND THEY GAVE ME A NEW SET. fuck walmart

Forum List

Back