The Offical "Walmart Discontinues Some Ammo Sales" thread

My Wal-Mart and Big-5 Sporting Goods never carried 00 to 4 Ault Buck for my shotgun.
Only carried birdshot, so no big deal to me.

They carry it here, although buckshot isn't legal here for hunting deer. Only slugs.

That might have something to do with it.

So they really went full retard. Like Shotgun Willy said in the movie "Tropic Thunder", "Never go full retard."

After hearing on the news this morning that Walmart was going to discontinue selling handgun and any ammunition that could be used in a "short-barreled rifle", and that they would no longer allow open-carry in their stores, I decided to check it out myself.

I had a talk with the guy who worked the sporting goods counter, in the back. The first thing I noticed, was that there seemed to be a run on handgun ammo. It appeared as if several people had also heard the story, and were buying it up. Between you and I, one of the reasons I went there was to see if they had marked the price down on any ammo, like they did when they closed out the AR-15 rifles a couple years ago.

The sales associate confirmed the story that Walmart corporate sent out a memo that they would no longer be carrying handgun or short-barreled rifle ammunition. That would include .380 ACP, 9mm, 38 Special, 40 caliber, 45 caliber, .223, 5.56mm, and 7.62x39.

He also told me that while they want to disallow open carry and concealed carry, there's not much they can do about it, as per state law. I informed him that unless they post a sign declaring "No Weapons Allowed" at all of the entrances, they can't prohibit people from carrying in the store.

Of course if they did that, I would simply not comply with the sign, as I do when I go to Goodwill or any other place that's posted. Like they say, "Concealed means concealed." The only place I don't carry is in the post office, courthouse, sheriff's department, or on the grounds of a public school.

Of course, Walmart's retarded and politically-correct policy is going to cost them some money. Being located in a rural area as I am, many people own handguns and short-barreled rifles. Well fuck them: There are plenty of other places in town that those people can purchase ammunition. As for myself, I hardly ever buy ammo from Walmart, unless it's been marked down. I shoot thousands of rounds a year in 12 different calibers, but most of it is that which I've handloaded all by myself. It's much cheaper to buy a 5-gallon bucket of wheel weights from a local tire store, buy a bullet mold on Ebay, then get my powder and primers from the reloading store two towns from here. Plus I get a far more accurate round than the generic crap they sell at Walmart.

Need some butt hurt cream for that rash?

Actually, my butt feels just fine. Walmart's idiocy is no skin off my ass as I've already said, I make most of my own ammo.

The real ass-itchyness is going to come your you zipperheads, a soon as you realize Trump isn't going to enact any serious anti-gun executive orders.

And this should be good

Ted Cruz Accepts Alyssa Milano's Challenge to Debate Gun Violence
Ted Cruz Accepts Alyssa Milano’s Challenge to Debate Gun Violence

cruzmilano1-640x480.jpg

Win McNamee/Getty Images/AP Photo/Chris Carlson
HANNAH BLEAU3 Sep 201912,931
3:36
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) accepted a challenge from actress Alyssa Milano to debate gun rights and the Constitution following the left-wing activist’s request to expose his “bullshit” to the American people.

“I’d be happy to sit down & visit next week about uniting to stop gun violence & about the Constitution. If we can have a civil & positive conversation—in the spirit of 1 Peter 4:8 as you suggest—despite our political differences, that might help resolve the discord in our Nation,” Cruz said Monday evening responding to Alyssa Milano.

Trump called Ted Cruz “Lying Ted”
Claimed that Cruz’s father killed JFK
Mocked Cruz with “My wife is hot and your wife is ugly”

Cruz still crawled at Trumps feet
I know this
Ted Cruz was my second choice for president if trump got knocked out of the primaries
You think mrs feelz has a shot against ted cruz

Ted cruz is a sharp debater and one really smart lil dude
mrs low iq feelz is going to have her hands full

TED CRUZ for supreme court justice !!

I wondered why the local wally now has a wider choice of .22 ammo. Nearly doubled the choice. If they would start selling Aguila, that would be nice.

Walmart and NASCAR lost in the same week. What a blow!

So they really went full retard. Like Shotgun Willy said in the movie "Tropic Thunder", "Never go full retard."

After hearing on the news this morning that Walmart was going to discontinue selling handgun and any ammunition that could be used in a "short-barreled rifle", and that they would no longer allow open-carry in their stores, I decided to check it out myself.

I had a talk with the guy who worked the sporting goods counter, in the back. The first thing I noticed, was that there seemed to be a run on handgun ammo. It appeared as if several people had also heard the story, and were buying it up. Between you and I, one of the reasons I went there was to see if they had marked the price down on any ammo, like they did when they closed out the AR-15 rifles a couple years ago.

The sales associate confirmed the story that Walmart corporate sent out a memo that they would no longer be carrying handgun or short-barreled rifle ammunition. That would include .380 ACP, 9mm, 38 Special, 40 caliber, 45 caliber, .223, 5.56mm, and 7.62x39.

He also told me that while they want to disallow open carry and concealed carry, there's not much they can do about it, as per state law. I informed him that unless they post a sign declaring "No Weapons Allowed" at all of the entrances, they can't prohibit people from carrying in the store.

Of course if they did that, I would simply not comply with the sign, as I do when I go to Goodwill or any other place that's posted. Like they say, "Concealed means concealed." The only place I don't carry is in the post office, courthouse, sheriff's department, or on the grounds of a public school.

Of course, Walmart's retarded and politically-correct policy is going to cost them some money. Being located in a rural area as I am, many people own handguns and short-barreled rifles. Well fuck them: There are plenty of other places in town that those people can purchase ammunition. As for myself, I hardly ever buy ammo from Walmart, unless it's been marked down. I shoot thousands of rounds a year in 12 different calibers, but most of it is that which I've handloaded all by myself. It's much cheaper to buy a 5-gallon bucket of wheel weights from a local tire store, buy a bullet mold on Ebay, then get my powder and primers from the reloading store two towns from here. Plus I get a far more accurate round than the generic crap they sell at Walmart.

Actually, my butt feels just fine. Walmart's idiocy is no skin off my ass as I've already said, I make most of my own ammo.

The real ass-itchyness is going to come your you zipperheads, a soon as you realize Trump isn't going to enact any serious anti-gun executive orders.

Do you have Sportsman Warehouse near you?
Mega ammo selection.

My Wal-Mart and Big-5 Sporting Goods never carried 00 to 4 Ault Buck for my shotgun.
Only carried birdshot, so no big deal to me.

They carry it here, although buckshot isn't legal here for hunting deer. Only slugs.

That might have something to do with it.

00 to 4 buck are slugs.

Whaaa? I have two shotguns on the ready in the house, for two-legged varmints and such. In them are Federal Law-Enforcement 00 buck. In each one is nine .33 caliber pellets.

I actually counted the holes they made in a target once. :biggrin:

Do you have Sportsman Warehouse near you?
Mega ammo selection.

Cabela's, but they're an hour's drive.

I wondered why the local wally now has a wider choice of .22 ammo. Nearly doubled the choice. If they would start selling Aguila, that would be nice.

Aguilla is some good ammo. I mostly use CCI Stingers or MIni-Mags because of the availability.

I applaud Wal*Mart’s actions.

How so? Please elaborate on how that's going to prevent some shithead from going off the rails?

As Trump supporters here have proven, shit heads are dangerous and paranoid.

So It likely won’t.

But I applaud Wal*Mart’s actions none the less.

You really believe that, don't you? That your life is in jeopardy because of Trump supporters, conservatives, Republicans, law-abiding gun-owners, Christians, and such?

They've actually come up with a name for your affliction:

paranoid schizophrenia

Noun

1. paranoid schizophrenia - a form of schizophrenia characterized by delusions (of persecution or grandeur or jealousy); symptoms may include anger and anxiety and aloofness and doubts about gender identity; unlike other types of schizophrenia the patients are usually presentable and (if delusions are not acted on) may function in an apparently normal manner

You live in a rural area and want to boycott Walmart.......you are fucked

Buy your bullets elsewhere Cowboy

Did I say that I was going to "boycott" Walmart, or was that just those annoying voices in your head again? I love Walmart, especially when they put stuff in the closeout aisle.

I was just pointing out their corporate "feel-good" politically-correct BS. Like the coffee straws the Kwik-Trip no longer has. Those were replaced by eye-poking wooden sticks.
My GF prefers wood.

How so? Please elaborate on how that's going to prevent some shithead from going off the rails?

So It likely won’t.

You really believe that, don't you? That your life is in jeopardy because of Trump supporters, conservatives, Republicans, Christians, and such?

Everyone’s is except you can’t support Trump and honestly think of yourself as a Christian….

They shoot up stores,
They shoot up churches,
Mow down people in their cars,
Mail bombs to political opponents,

I wouldn’t be surprised if you guys go Kristallnacht on election day in DEM districts.

You live in a rural area and want to boycott Walmart.......you are fucked

Buy your bullets elsewhere Cowboy

Did I say that I was going to "boycott" Walmart, or was that just those annoying voices in your head again? I love Walmart, especially when they put stuff in the closeout aisle.

I was just pointing out their corporate "feel-good" politically-correct BS. Like the coffee straws the Kwik-Trip no longer has. Those were replaced by eye-poking wooden sticks.
My GF prefers wood.

Most girls do like wood.

Of course, it's hard to sip hot coffee through a wooden stick. Sipping it through the plastic straw tends to cool it off a little, as opposed to out of the cup, which burns the piss out of your lips.

Aguilla is some good ammo. I mostly use CCI Stingers or MIni-Mags because of the availability.

In my 12 gauge I use 00 or 4 buck.
Winchester 00 buck - 9 pellets.
Hornaday Black 00 buck - 8 pellets.
Winchester 4 buck - 27 pellets.
Federal 4 buck - 34 pellets.

I prefer the Federal for home defense.

So It likely won’t.

You really believe that, don't you? That your life is in jeopardy because of Trump supporters, conservatives, Republicans, Christians, and such?

Everyone’s is except you can’t support Trump and honestly think of yourself as a Christian….

They shoot up stores,
They shoot up churches,
Mow down people in their cars,
Mail bombs to political opponents,

I wouldn’t be surprised if you guys go Kristallnacht on election day in DEM districts.

In my humble opinion and based on almost 70 years of observation, I'd have to ascertain that you're out of your fucking gourd. That is, if you really believe what you're saying.

I'll just bestow upon you the benefit of the doubt and say that you're just repeating something you read or heard somewhere.

Contrary to what you've been told, we;re not really the "bad guys and girls" here. We're the ones you want around when things go to shit: The military and ex-military, law-enforcement, conservatives, Christians, gun-owners, Trump-supporters...

Everyone else would just take your shit away from you and eat you for dinner.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back