The Offical "Walmart Discontinues Some Ammo Sales" thread

So they really went full retard. Like Shotgun Willy said in the movie "Tropic Thunder", "Never go full retard."

After hearing on the news this morning that Walmart was going to discontinue selling handgun and any ammunition that could be used in a "short-barreled rifle", and that they would no longer allow open-carry in their stores, I decided to check it out myself.

I had a talk with the guy who worked the sporting goods counter, in the back. The first thing I noticed, was that there seemed to be a run on handgun ammo. It appeared as if several people had also heard the story, and were buying it up. Between you and I, one of the reasons I went there was to see if they had marked the price down on any ammo, like they did when they closed out the AR-15 rifles a couple years ago.

The sales associate confirmed the story that Walmart corporate sent out a memo that they would no longer be carrying handgun or short-barreled rifle ammunition. That would include .380 ACP, 9mm, 38 Special, 40 caliber, 45 caliber, .223, 5.56mm, and 7.62x39.

He also told me that while they want to disallow open carry and concealed carry, there's not much they can do about it, as per state law. I informed him that unless they post a sign declaring "No Weapons Allowed" at all of the entrances, they can't prohibit people from carrying in the store.

Of course if they did that, I would simply not comply with the sign, as I do when I go to Goodwill or any other place that's posted. Like they say, "Concealed means concealed." The only place I don't carry is in the post office, courthouse, sheriff's department, or on the grounds of a public school.

Of course, Walmart's retarded and politically-correct policy is going to cost them some money. Being located in a rural area as I am, many people own handguns and short-barreled rifles. Well fuck them: There are plenty of other places in town that those people can purchase ammunition. As for myself, I hardly ever buy ammo from Walmart, unless it's been marked down. I shoot thousands of rounds a year in 12 different calibers, but most of it is that which I've handloaded all by myself. It's much cheaper to buy a 5-gallon bucket of wheel weights from a local tire store, buy a bullet mold on Ebay, then get my powder and primers from the reloading store two towns from here. Plus I get a far more accurate round than the generic crap they sell at Walmart.
You live in a rural area and want to boycott Walmart.......you are fucked

Buy your bullets elsewhere Cowboy

It wont be a problem ...with or without walmart
The only problem is i cant buy it 2 am.....we'll live
The local Walmarts around here close at 11pm. The fucking tweekers and gangsters is why. Too cheap to hire more loss prevention/ security. One is across the street from a hospital, too. But Wally knows the numbers and I doubt ammo sales will matter as they will figure out how to get your dollars some other way.

So they really went full retard. Like Shotgun Willy said in the movie "Tropic Thunder", "Never go full retard."

After hearing on the news this morning that Walmart was going to discontinue selling handgun and any ammunition that could be used in a "short-barreled rifle", and that they would no longer allow open-carry in their stores, I decided to check it out myself.

I had a talk with the guy who worked the sporting goods counter, in the back. The first thing I noticed, was that there seemed to be a run on handgun ammo. It appeared as if several people had also heard the story, and were buying it up. Between you and I, one of the reasons I went there was to see if they had marked the price down on any ammo, like they did when they closed out the AR-15 rifles a couple years ago.

The sales associate confirmed the story that Walmart corporate sent out a memo that they would no longer be carrying handgun or short-barreled rifle ammunition. That would include .380 ACP, 9mm, 38 Special, 40 caliber, 45 caliber, .223, 5.56mm, and 7.62x39.

He also told me that while they want to disallow open carry and concealed carry, there's not much they can do about it, as per state law. I informed him that unless they post a sign declaring "No Weapons Allowed" at all of the entrances, they can't prohibit people from carrying in the store.

Of course if they did that, I would simply not comply with the sign, as I do when I go to Goodwill or any other place that's posted. Like they say, "Concealed means concealed." The only place I don't carry is in the post office, courthouse, sheriff's department, or on the grounds of a public school.

Of course, Walmart's retarded and politically-correct policy is going to cost them some money. Being located in a rural area as I am, many people own handguns and short-barreled rifles. Well fuck them: There are plenty of other places in town that those people can purchase ammunition. As for myself, I hardly ever buy ammo from Walmart, unless it's been marked down. I shoot thousands of rounds a year in 12 different calibers, but most of it is that which I've handloaded all by myself. It's much cheaper to buy a 5-gallon bucket of wheel weights from a local tire store, buy a bullet mold on Ebay, then get my powder and primers from the reloading store two towns from here. Plus I get a far more accurate round than the generic crap they sell at Walmart.

The local Walmarts around here close at 11pm. The fucking tweekers and gangsters is why. Too cheap to hire more loss prevention/ security. One is across the street from a hospital, too. But Wally knows the numbers and I doubt ammo sales will matter as they will figure out how to get your dollars some other way.

They don't even have a loss prevention /security at my Walmart. Just chips on the merchandise and cameras. But the popo always seems to catch up with them eventually and arrest them.

They don't even have a loss prevention /security at my Walmart. Just chips on the merchandise and cameras. But the popo always seems to catch up with them eventually and arrest them.
Not too long ago, the shotgun shells were un-locked on the shelf next to the BB gun locked cabinet. The 223 and 556 ammo became limited and now the shotgun ammo took it's place locked up. Go figure? Just speculation, but I bet they had this planned for awhile. Seems it was around the time Dick's stopped selling AR's.

Not too long ago, the shotgun shells were un-locked on the shelf next to the BB gun locked cabinet. The 223 and 556 ammo became limited and now the shotgun ammo took it's place locked up. Go figure? Just speculation, but I bet they had this planned for awhile. Seems it was around the time Dick's stopped selling AR's.

The Walmart in my town has shelves full of boxes of shotgun shells, right out in the open. It's only the rifle and pistol ammo they keep in the locked display cabinet. I wish I'd been there a couple years ago when they marked the price down on their AR rifles. $1100 AR's were closed out at $300.

The Walmart in my town has shelves full of boxes of shotgun shells, right out in the open. It's only the rifle and pistol ammo they keep in the locked display cabinet. I wish I'd been there a couple years ago when they marked the price down on their AR rifles. $1100 AR's were closed out at $300.
It's so ironic that one of the most dangerous specific type ammo isn't locked up.

It's so ironic that one of the most dangerous specific type ammo isn't locked up.

Even though they are still going to sell these calibers, both were used in the most powerful "assault rifles" this country ever made...

7.62x51 (.308) as used in the M60 machine gun...

7.62x54 (30-06) as used in the Browning Automatic Rifle

corporate activism is the best thing to happen to small mom and pop gun stores

You should see my small-town gun store. Half the shit in there is tactical and the other half for hunting. You know damned well the owner is hoping for a gun-ban scare, he'd become an overnight millionaire.

Token negro is responsible for making the AR-15 so popular, and causing the market to be saturated with them. I know so many people who bought them just because they thought they were going to be banned. Funny shit.

Last edited:
This really sucks

Without Walmart, where are mass killers going to get their ammo?

Some place cheaper like Academy or some such. Now I do t beef Wally World for banning open carry. I have seen folks in Walmart packing their guns tucked in the small of their back like the morons they are. Just begging to have their guns snatched. In my opinion, open carry should be regulated. A snatch proof holster should be required and the citizen should have to demonstrate competency before they are allowed to open carry just like cops do.

Even though they are still going to sell these calibers, both were used in the most powerful "assault rifles" this country ever made...

Everyone should go to knob creek atleast once in their lives. It's awesome.

We need to start branding bullets
After each shooting we can advertise........This killing brought to you by Walmart, Cabellas, Dicks Sporting Giods

Why stop there?
Why not just go ahead and brand ALL gun owners as terrorists and gun possession a capital offense...and execute all 150 million American gun owners?

Don't you even care about saving lives?
Wouldn't that be more effective at saving the 100 or so lives lost in mass shootings every year?

According to ABC news, 1 out of every 5 bullets sold comes from Wal*Mart. Or it at least did.
Yep, that's 20% of market share. They expect to lose (or give up) upwards of half that. I think it's good PR on their end. Some bad shit has been plaguing their stores. Inside and outside in the parking lot. Both to employees and customers.

They didn't become #1 being ignorant...
...but, every year during the holidays someone gets trampled or hurt fighting for damn TV's. It also seems to happen at the same f'n stores, too. A pre-sale lottery would settle that BS.

NATO rounds vs. civilian

We need to start branding bullets

After each shooting we can advertise........This killing brought to you by Walmart, Cabellas, Dicks Sporting Giods
We need to start branding what you leftists says... after each moronic comment... "THIS STUPID IDEA BROUGHT TO YOU BY RIGHTWINGER."

According to ABC news, 1 out of every 5 bullets sold comes from Wal*Mart. Or it at least did.
Yep, that's 20% of market share. They expect to lose (or give up) upwards of half that. I think it's good PR on their end. Some bad shit has been plaguing their stores. Inside and outside in the parking lot. Both to employees and customers.

They didn't become #1 being ignorant...
...but, every year during the holidays someone gets trampled or hurt fighting for damn TV's. It also seems to happen at the same f'n stores, too. A pre-sale lottery would settle that BS.
I live out in Podunk, WI, but there's still a walmart super center just 12 miles away. However, it is serving, in large part, a very rural area primarily made up of FARMERS, and farmers usually have a lot of GUNS, of EVERY KIND. So if the walmart around here adheres to this new policy, they'll just be cutting their own throat. Although I know of a few small business that buy and sell guns, and sell ammo, that are going to be just ecstatic at this news, and good for them. I'm all for small businesses and buying local.

No link, there are many places that do not allow concealed carry and they can as well, even if the state allows it. Even the NRA conventions. Sounds like you are pissed you can't buy their ammunition.

You must be a very bad judge of character because...not really. The only time I've ever bought ammo from Walmart was when it was marked down for closeout. True, there were a few individuals I personally know who back during the gun-legislation scare of the Obama years, would buy up all the Walmart ammo they could and resell it at the gun shows. That's why there was such a shortage of .22 LR ammo back then.

As for a link, do your own damned homework. The story is all over the internet. And as for those places which are posted "No Weapons Allowed", like I said, I simply don't comply. If the Glock 9mm weapon I carry every day is concealed, what are they going to do about it?

If they find out about it you can be arrested for armed trespassing.

Tomi Lahren says Walmart ‘shot itself in the foot’ by restricting gun and ammo sales
Just means more business for someone else.

"Walmart Discontinues Auto Part Sales To Prevent Car Accidents
September 3rd, 2019
article-4758-1.jpg

BENTONVILLE, AR—In a bold move intended to curb the thousands of deaths from vehicles each and every day, Walmart has decided to stop selling auto parts, sources confirmed Tuesday.

According to shocking reports, people have purchased car parts at Walmart and then those cars have been involved in accidents, proving a direct correlation between selling auto parts and causing deaths.

"We can no longer be complicit in an industry that kills over 3,000 people a day," said a spokesperson for Walmart. "Every time we sell a muffler, steering wheel cover, or flame decal, we are potentially causing the death of a person, and we cannot support that any longer."

"It's clear that bad drivers and poor road conditions don't cause vehicular deaths---cars do."

Walmart executives said they are beating themselves with a stick to atone for the deaths they've already caused.

"Our consciences will only be clean when we've been mercilessly beaten once for each of the millions of deaths that have been caused by automobiles since Walmart began selling auto parts," said one executive before solemnly beginning to beat himself with a baseball bat."

Walmart Discontinues Auto Part Sales To Prevent Car Accidents

Forum List

Back