The Offical "Walmart Discontinues Some Ammo Sales" thread

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
So they really went full retard. Like Shotgun Willy said in the movie "Tropic Thunder", "Never go full retard."

After hearing on the news this morning that Walmart was going to discontinue selling handgun and any ammunition that could be used in a "short-barreled rifle", and that they would no longer allow open-carry in their stores, I decided to check it out myself.

I had a talk with the guy who worked the sporting goods counter, in the back. The first thing I noticed, was that there seemed to be a run on handgun ammo. It appeared as if several people had also heard the story, and were buying it up. Between you and I, one of the reasons I went there was to see if they had marked the price down on any ammo, like they did when they closed out the AR-15 rifles a couple years ago.

The sales associate confirmed the story that Walmart corporate sent out a memo that they would no longer be carrying handgun or short-barreled rifle ammunition. That would include .380 ACP, 9mm, 38 Special, 40 caliber, 45 caliber, .223, 5.56mm, and 7.62x39.

He also told me that while they want to disallow open carry and concealed carry, there's not much they can do about it, as per state law. I informed him that unless they post a sign declaring "No Weapons Allowed" at all of the entrances, they can't prohibit people from carrying in the store.

Of course if they did that, I would simply not comply with the sign, as I do when I go to Goodwill or any other place that's posted. Like they say, "Concealed means concealed." The only place I don't carry is in the post office, courthouse, sheriff's department, or on the grounds of a public school.

Of course, Walmart's retarded and politically-correct policy is going to cost them some money. Being located in a rural area as I am, many people own handguns and short-barreled rifles. Well fuck them: There are plenty of other places in town that those people can purchase ammunition. As for myself, I hardly ever buy ammo from Walmart, unless it's been marked down. I shoot thousands of rounds a year in 12 different calibers, but most of it is that which I've handloaded all by myself. It's much cheaper to buy a 5-gallon bucket of wheel weights from a local tire store, buy a bullet mold on Ebay, then get my powder and primers from the reloading store two towns from here. Plus I get a far more accurate round than the generic crap they sell at Walmart.

Tomi Lahren says Walmart ‘shot itself in the foot’ by restricting gun and ammo sales

Last edited by a moderator:
And this should be good

Ted Cruz Accepts Alyssa Milano's Challenge to Debate Gun Violence
Ted Cruz Accepts Alyssa Milano’s Challenge to Debate Gun Violence

cruzmilano1-640x480.jpg

Win McNamee/Getty Images/AP Photo/Chris Carlson
HANNAH BLEAU3 Sep 201912,931
3:36
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) accepted a challenge from actress Alyssa Milano to debate gun rights and the Constitution following the left-wing activist’s request to expose his “bullshit” to the American people.

“I’d be happy to sit down & visit next week about uniting to stop gun violence & about the Constitution. If we can have a civil & positive conversation—in the spirit of 1 Peter 4:8 as you suggest—despite our political differences, that might help resolve the discord in our Nation,” Cruz said Monday evening responding to Alyssa Milano.

corporate activism is the best thing to happen to small mom and pop gun stores

You should see my small-town gun store. Half the shit in there is tactical and the other half for hunting. You know damned well the owner is hoping for a gun-ban scare, he'd become an overnight millionaire.

So they really went full retard. Like Shotgun Willy said in the movie "Tropic Thunder", "Never go full retard."

After hearing on the news this morning that Walmart was going to discontinue selling handgun and any ammunition that could be used in a "short-barreled rifle", and that they would no longer allow open-carry in their stores, I decided to check it out myself.

I had a talk with the guy who worked the sporting goods counter, in the back. The first thing I noticed, was that there seemed to be a run on handgun ammo. It appeared as if several people had also heard the story, and were buying it up. Between you and I, one of the reasons I went there was to see if they had marked the price down on any ammo, like they did when they closed out the AR-15 rifles a couple years ago.

The sales associate confirmed the story that Walmart corporate sent out a memo that they would no longer be carrying handgun or short-barreled rifle ammunition. That would include .380 ACP, 9mm, 38 Special, 40 caliber, 45 caliber, .223, 5.56mm, and 7.62x39.

He also told me that while they want to disallow open carry and concealed carry, there's not much they can do about it, as per state law. I informed him that unless they post a sign declaring "No Weapons Allowed" at all of the entrances, they can't prohibit people from carrying in the store.

Of course if they did that, I would simply not comply with the sign, as I do when I go to Goodwill or any other place that's posted. Like they say, "Concealed means concealed." The only place I don't carry is in the post office, courthouse, sheriff's department, or on the grounds of a public school.

Of course, Walmart's retarded and politically-correct policy is going to cost them some money. Being located in a rural area as I am, many people own handguns and short-barreled rifles. Well fuck them: There are plenty of other places in town that those people can purchase ammunition. As for myself, I hardly ever buy ammo from Walmart, unless it's been marked down. I shoot thousands of rounds a year in 12 different calibers, but most of it is that which I've handloaded all by myself. It's much cheaper to buy a 5-gallon bucket of wheel weights from a local tire store, buy a bullet mold on Ebay, then get my powder and primers from the reloading store two towns from here. Plus I get a far more accurate round than the generic crap they sell at Walmart.

No link, there are many places that do not allow concealed carry and they can as well, even if the state allows it. Even the NRA conventions. Sounds like you are pissed you can't buy their ammunition.

It will help the small Gun Stores when they sell out. What a bunch of losers.

You should see my small-town gun store. Half the shit in there is tactical and the other half for hunting. You know damned well the owner is hoping for a gun-ban scare, he'd become an overnight millionaire.

excluding the pawn shops that sell weapons I must have at the very least 20 of em in a 50 mile radius. theyre all probably cheering walmart today

And this should be good

cruzmilano1-640x480.jpg

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) accepted a challenge from actress Alyssa Milano to debate gun rights and the Constitution following the left-wing activist’s request to expose his “bullshit” to the American people.

“I’d be happy to sit down & visit next week about uniting to stop gun violence & about the Constitution. If we can have a civil & positive conversation—in the spirit of 1 Peter 4:8 as you suggest—despite our political differences, that might help resolve the discord in our Nation,” Cruz said Monday evening responding to Alyssa Milano.

Someone should set that twat Alyssa Milano down and explain to her how "gun violence" was guaranteed to us by the framers of the constitution. The Second Amendment was put in place to prevent an oppressive government, which would entail "gun violence." We were not only guaranteed the right to own them, but to use then against further tyranny.

The Continental Army didn't simply wave their muskets at the British and flash the peace sign, they shot the redcoat bastards in the face.

That sounds pretty "violent" to me and they did after all, use guns.

excluding the pawn shops that sell weapons I must have at the very least 20 of em in a 50 mile radius. theyre all probably cheering walmart today

True. I loves me some Walmart, but fuck them for undercutting everyone else.

You live in a rural area and want to boycott Walmart.......you are fucked

Buy your bullets elsewhere Cowboy

This really sucks

Without Walmart, where are mass killers going to get their ammo?

And this should be good

cruzmilano1-640x480.jpg

Someone should set that twat Alyssa Milano down and explain to her how "gun violence" was guaranteed to us by the framers of the constitution. The Second Amendment was put in place to prevent an oppressive government, which would entail "gun violence." We were not only guaranteed the right to own them, but to use then against further tyranny.

The Continental Army didn't simply wave their muskets at the British and flash the peace sign, they shot the redcoat bastards in the face.

That sounds pretty "violent" to me and they did after all, use guns.

ANd if they had access to ar 15's they would of put their Kentucky long rifles down

No link, there are many places that do not allow concealed carry and they can as well, even if the state allows it. Even the NRA conventions. Sounds like you are pissed you can't buy their ammunition.

You must be a very bad judge of character because...not really. The only time I've ever bought ammo from Walmart was when it was marked down for closeout. True, there were a few individuals I personally know who back during the gun-legislation scare of the Obama years, would buy up all the Walmart ammo they could and resell it at the gun shows. That's why there was such a shortage of .22 LR ammo back then.

As for a link, do your own damned homework. The story is all over the internet. And as for those places which are posted "No Weapons Allowed", like I said, I simply don't comply. If the Glock 9mm weapon I carry every day is concealed, what are they going to do about it?

And this should be good

cruzmilano1-640x480.jpg

Trump called Ted Cruz “Lying Ted”
Claimed that Cruz’s father killed JFK
Mocked Cruz with “My wife is hot and your wife is ugly”

Cruz still crawled at Trumps feet

How is Cruz going to defeat Milano?

It wont be a problem ...with or without walmart
The only problem is i cant buy it 2 am.....we'll live

Did I say that I was going to "boycott" Walmart, or was that just those annoying voices in your head again? I love Walmart, especially when they put stuff in the closeout aisle.

I was just pointing out their corporate "feel-good" politically-correct BS. Like the coffee straws the Kwik-Trip no longer has. Those were replaced by eye-poking wooden sticks.

My Wal-Mart and Big-5 Sporting Goods never carried 00 to 4 Ault Buck for my shotgun.
Only carried birdshot, so no big deal to me.

Need some butt hurt cream for that rash?

Forum List

Back