The legal status of same-sex marriages in the USA and the Russian Federation is the same

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
There are no same-sex marriages in the Russian Federation on the basis of an amendment to the constitution, which was adopted in 2020. There is a definition of marriage: the union of a man and a woman.

In the USA, this definition already existed, so there is no difference.

If same-sex marriages are possible in the USA, then they are also possible in the Russian Federation

Until 2020, there were no obstacles to the conclusion of such marriages at all, they were apparently in the USA from the very beginning of the existence of the USA

There are no same-sex marriages in the Russian Federation on the basis of an amendment to the constitution, which was adopted in 2020. There is a definition of marriage: the union of a man and a woman.

In the USA, this definition already existed, so there is no difference.

If same-sex marriages are possible in the USA, then they are also possible in the Russian Federation

Until 2020, there were no obstacles to the conclusion of such marriages at all, they were apparently in the USA from the very beginning of the existence of the USA
You sick of dogs finally?

Ok, thanks!

I'll file that little piece of information in the "Things I Don't Care To Know" box.

That definition of marriage is from 1996 and is no longer valid

As I understand, they refer to this text: Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

1) Where is it written about the definition of marriage as a union of same-sex partners?

2) How does this differ from the situation in the Russian Federation?

I ask again: where is the definition of the word "marriage" to which they refer? Do they enter into marriages that do not legally exist?

I ask again: where is the definition of the word "marriage" to which they refer? Do they enter into marriages that do not legally exist?

Look up the 14th amendment to the US Constitution. There are 2 clauses that might clear it up for you. Due Process and Equal Protection.

Pity you Russians didn't have the foresight to copy our constitution.
Your constitution is so patriarchal that it would not be adopted now even in the Arab Emirates. I'm not saying that this is bad, but Russia is a leftist country, it would not be able to adopt a constitution in which there is not even gender equality.

Forum List

Back