The Horror in Buffalo, New York Shows the Madness of the Supreme Court’s Looming Gun Decision

Why would he be arrested? As long as he's harming himself and no one else...............who cares, right?

There are lots of things for which you can be arrested that don't harm (are can be argued are not harmful) others.

Possession of drugs is just one of them.

There are lots of things for which you can be arrested that don't harm (are can be argued are not harmful) others.

Possession of drugs is just one of them.
Possession but not use.

If a person used heroin a week ago and failed a drug test he wouldn't be arrested for his drug use.

So does a person have the right to use recreational drugs then?

I think so.

They may think they do, but that has nothing to do with the government protecting said supposed right.

People can believe some rights are inherent, but if the government doesn't agree those rights are not protected, and the only recourses are Constitutional amendment, or revolution.

They may think they do, but that has nothing to do with the government protecting said supposed right.

People can believe some rights are inherent, but if the government doesn't agree those rights are not protected, and the only recourses are Constitutional amendment, or revolution.
The interesting thing about drug laws is that it is only illegal to possess drugs.

If a person had to take a drug test and was found positive for heroin that alone is not enough to arrest him.

For one I am not a democrat never was and 2 I never denied that a fetus at any stage was human.

Human is a biological definition. Person is a legal and moral definition.

The Constitution is pretty clear that born persons are the ones with protected legal rights not unborn persons
Person = Human

No, you are wrong. In most states if a fetus is killed in a crime then the criminal is charged with a murder. Hense, the acknowledgement that a fetus is a person. It has been upheld by the Supreme Court.

I think this is the second time I have had to explain this to you. Take the peanut butter out of your ears.

So does a person have the right to use recreational drugs then?

I think so.

Do they have the right? Good question. The FDA thinks you have the right to take most of their dangerous drugs. The FDA partially approved a deadly mRNA injection that has killed hundreds of thousands and injured millions. Why shouldn't you be able to make your own choice about what drugs you take, huh?

Yes, once the legislation that allowed prohibition was overturned by other legislation.

Until then, the state had the legal, not the moral, right to enforce segregation.

The right ultimately didn't become real until realized by legislation.

It became real for them and many others the day they decided to sit at the counter.

The interesting thing about drug laws is that it is only illegal to possess drugs.

If a person had to take a drug test and was found positive for heroin that alone is not enough to arrest him.

To be fair it is also illegal to be currently influenced by drugs under certain situations.

Which is why scientists, doctors and engineers are currently scrambling to figure out how to get a THC test similar to a BAC test so you can determine the active amount of THC in a person at a given time. Right now all drug tests just look for metabolites or traces of a given drug still in a person's system.

Person = Human

No, you are wrong. In most states if a fetus is killed in a crime then the criminal is charged with a murder. Hense, the acknowledgement that a fetus is a person. It has been upheld by the Supreme Court.

I think this is the second time I have had to explain this to you. Take the peanut butter out of your ears.
Legal definitions matter.

A 2 celled zygote does not have all the legal rights of a born person no matter how many times you say they do.

To be fair it is also illegal to be currently influenced by drugs under certain situations.

Which is why scientists, doctors and engineers are currently scrambling to figure out how to get a THC test similar to a BAC test so you can determine the active amount of THC in a person at a given time. Right now all drug tests just look for metabolites or traces of a given drug still in a person's system.
of course and those are situations that put others at risk which is as it should be.

It became real for them and many others the day they decided to sit at the counter.

Real in the sense that it was pointed out quite clearly and, in many cases, quite violently, that they didn't have the right until laws were passed giving them that right.

Do they have the right? Good question. The FDA thinks you have the right to take most of their dangerous drugs. The FDA partially approved a deadly mRNA injection that has killed hundreds of thousands and injured millions. Why shouldn't you be able to make your own choice about what drugs you take, huh?
Exactly.

You had the choice to get a vaccine or not

Real in the sense that it was pointed out quite clearly and, in many cases, quite violently, that they didn't have the right until laws were passed giving them that right.

Sadly many get upset that others seek the same rights they already have.

Legal definitions matter.

A 2 celled zygote does not have all the legal rights of a born person no matter how many times you say they do.

If you're going to claim that unborn persons don't have the same rights as born persons then you will have to overturn laws in most states that equate feticide with homicide as both being capital crimes.

Thus far, no one has ever been able to agree on a legal definition of when an unborn person has a right not be killed but, in most state, that right legally begins with the fetus.

It seems clear to me that until that is accomplished, the idea of abortion will always be legally contentious.

Forum List

Back