The GOP in Arizona wants their Gerrymandering back!

Big surprise, The GOP needs to choose their voters instead of letting the voters choose them....

Big surprise, The GOP needs to choose their voters instead of letting the voters choose them....

So you and the OP are going to tell us Democrats never do that gerrymandering thingy?

So you and the OP are going to tell us Democrats never do that gerrymandering thingy?

Not anywhere near as frequently.

Dem's are the masters at it.
That's why they kept winning for so many years.

and why they have so many idiots elected that shouldn't even be in the position of dog catcher

and why they have so many idiots elected that shouldn't even be in the position of dog catcher

Yep!
Charles Rangel comes to mind.

Yep!

Don't get me started.
I'd probably list half of that party

News from The Associated Press

And it sounds like, thanks to the conservative judges on the bench, they will get it.

Add this to the list of:

-fear mongering
-voter suppression
-obstruction

I favor the independent commission, but if it's unconstitutional then it's unconstitutional. People should push for a Constitutional amendment in that case.

Bullshit. Look at the states they control the drawing of. Look at Massachusetts, Maryland, Illinois, Washington. The only reason the gerrymandering is currently more prevalent among the Republicans is because they had control of more state legislatures after 2010 and got to own the process. I will remind you that prior to the 1994 elections the Democrats had a 40 year majority in the House. It took a giant wave to break through all those gerrymandered seats.

Well if they take away AZ's then CA's independent commission goes right along with it and I hope the Dem's stranglehold on the state legislature gerrymander the f*ck out of their 53 Congressional Districts.

Hello 48 Dem seats to 5 GOP seats.

Also from the article.

The court's conservative justices indicated that they think the answer is no. And some liberal justices also seemed troubled by arguments put forth by lawyers for the Obama administration and the Arizona commission. Justice Anthony Kennedy, whose vote often controls closely fought cases, recounted what led to the change in the Constitution that provided for direct election of U.S. senators, who previously had been chosen by legislatures. "It seems to me that history works very much against you," Kennedy told commission lawyer Seth Waxman.

Bullshit. Look at the states they control the drawing of. Look at Massachusetts, Maryland, Illinois, Washington. The only reason the gerrymandering is currently more prevalent among the Republicans is because they had control of more state legislatures after 2010 and got to own the process. I will remind you that prior to the 1994 elections the Democrats had a 40 year majority in the House. It took a giant wave to break through all those gerrymandered seats.

Washington is done by a bipartisan commission. GOP voters in Mass are probably too spread out to have any solid seats, the northeastern one comes close and I suppose if you shifted the districts around you could get 1 slight red seat, but it would have to be intentionally made which is gerrymandering itself.

Maryland and Illinois are the only two real examples of Democrats gerrymandering recently. In Maryland they changed 1 swing seat into 1 safe blue seat, and in Illinois it was 2 red seats into 1 swing seat and 1 safe blue seat.

1994 was a realignment election. The majority of the seats gained by the GOP were in the South which were held by conservative democrats anyway. Most of the seats gained elsewhere were rural, conservative ones as well like in Idaho and eastern Washington. The religous, social conservatives finally got around to backing the national GOP party and not just voting for them in presidential elections.

Last edited:

Yep!

Don't get me started.
I'd probably list half of that party

Yes, because the GOP is above approach. Gotcha Staph....

News from The Associated Press

And it sounds like, thanks to the conservative judges on the bench, they will get it.

Add this to the list of:

-fear mongering
-voter suppression
-obstruction

ROFLMFAO!!!!! You're nothing but a hypocritical asshole, in your opinion voters are capable of deciding this but are totally incompetent when it comes to defining marriage? I got an idea, why don't you crawl into your little corner and fornicate yourself.

Forum List

Back