How do you feel about the so called "liberation" of Libyia now?

Grampa Murked U

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It's becoming painfully clear that every time we "liberate" someone from a dictator that we make a bigger mess than we had to begin with.
As much as I think Ron Paul was a bit of a kook he is certainly getting the last word on the matter now.

We've helped to create a real shit storm in the Middle East. Question is what the fuck do we do now?
One things for sure, the current bandaid on mortal wounds policy isn't accomplishing shit.
I think we either go in guns blazing and deal with this shit head on & stop all the political pandering bullshit or we withdrawal.
Shit or get off the pot

OP
Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Let me also just say that as a previous supporter of the war in Iraq I can see the problems we've caused. Having said that hindsight makes it easy to criticize

blackhawk

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's becoming painfully clear that every time we "liberate" someone from a dictator that we make a bigger mess than we had to begin with.
As much as I think Ron Paul was a bit of a kook he is certainly getting the last word on the matter now.

We've helped to create a real shit storm in the Middle East. Question is what the fuck do we do now?
One things for sure, the current bandaid on mortal wounds policy isn't accomplishing shit.
I think we either go in guns blazing and deal with this shit head on & stop all the political pandering bullshit or we withdrawal.
Shit or get off the pot
The outcome is sad but not surprising at this point I would have to agree with your take if your not going to go all in why go at all.

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Well maybe that is the plan to destabilize the region?

Syriusly

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Shit or get off the pot
I prefer it to our 'liberation' of Iraq. Cost us far less money and far fewer lives.

The Egyptians are getting pissed off- leave it to them to deal with.

OP
Grampa Murked U

Grampa Murked U

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Shit or get off the pot
I prefer it to our 'liberation' of Iraq. Cost us far less money and far fewer lives.

Both have become failures. Blame is irrelevant at this point. We DESPERATELY need a unified & firm Middle East policy. Right now we're like pigs wallowing around aimlessly in the mud.

Syriusly

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Shit or get off the pot

Both have become failures. Blame is irrelevant at this point. We DESPERATELY need a unified & firm Middle East policy. Right now we're like pigs wallowing around aimlessly in the mud.
I actually agree with you on that point.

Roadrunner

Roadrunner
Reaction score

Shit or get off the pot
Just wait until Syria is liberated from Assad.

Saudi Arabia will follow, and many will be liberated from their heads.

Siete

Platinum Member
Reaction score
damn near everyone but braindead RW's have been saying get the hell out of the ME.

get out and stat out. Let them settle their differences all by themselves. Playing big brother will never work. As soon as we turn our backs they'll start the same shit all over again. They've been doing it for 100's of years. They'll never quit, and it's damn time we do !

Moonglow

Diamond Member
Reaction score
damn near everyone but braindead RW's have been saying get the hell out of the ME.

get out and stat out. Let them settle their differences all by themselves. Playing big brother will never work. As soon as we turn our backs they'll start the same shit all over again. They've been doing it for 100's of years. They'll never quit, and it's damn time we do !
Let us build a giant wall.......

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Since I opposed getting involved in Libya at all, I guess that makes me the smartest guy in the room.

Siete

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Let us build a giant wall.......
no, a fence !

yeah, that's it, a FENCE !!

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Since I opposed getting involved in Libya at all, I guess that makes me the smartest guy in the room.
If you're in a room filled with retarded kindergartners.

The issue is we helped overthrow these jokers and then did nothing. What the hell did anyone expect? T he US needed a plan, they needed local support, and they needed the will to make that happen.
We have installed new regimes all over the globe and for the most part they were stable. Not always the nicest guys but they brought stability to an unstable part of the world.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List