The Foundation of New Atheism

There is nothing new under the sun.
Every jerk who comes up with another twist on the, "There's no God", simply displays the fact that they haven't studied Scripture.
Of course you mean they haven't studied your Scripture. Have you studied all the others?
Since the NT and the Koran contain verses that admit they were copied from the Torah (I understand no one went of their way to alert you to this fact), I think I can make my statement with a certain amount of authority.
I think if you took the time to learn them you'd find that the interpretations of the Torah they contain are vastly different from what you were taught. The Koran teaches that the Torah has been corrupted over time and it contains God's corrections to it. The NT reinterprets the Torah in light of Jesus being the messiah. I'm not saying they are right and you are wrong but I am saying that, in their eyes, your claim of authority simply displays the fact that you haven't studied Scripture.

Every jerk who comes up with another twist on the, "There's no God", simply displays the fact that they haven't studied Scripture.
Of course you mean they haven't studied your Scripture. Have you studied all the others?
I have been through the NT 5 times and have read the first 20 or so Suras (The Koran is unbearably dull).
If you've read (and studied?) the NT (I concur on the Koran being dull) why don't you accept it as the word of God? Is it possible that you studied the NT and come to an educated conclusion there is no God in it? Isn't it possible that someone has studied your scripture and not found God in it? There are many gods worshiped in this world, most we'd both agree are bogus. I only believe in one fewer god than you do.

They call us "sheep" in some of these holy books. I know that much. Lol. The "flock". Don't stray from the flock! Knowledge is bad. Knowledge is the equivalence of evil pretty much (unless it includes a god being involved). The burning in hell for all eternity and the punishment for not being a believer aspect. I know these things may vary from book to book, but they are all basically the same, no?

Since the NT and the Koran contain verses that admit they were copied from the Torah (I understand no one went of their way to alert you to this fact), I think I can make my statement with a certain amount of authority.
I think if you took the time to learn them you'd find that the interpretations of the Torah they contain are vastly different from what you were taught. The Koran teaches that the Torah has been corrupted over time and it contains God's corrections to it. The NT reinterprets the Torah in light of Jesus being the messiah. I'm not saying they are right and you are wrong but I am saying that, in their eyes, your claim of authority simply displays the fact that you haven't studied Scripture.
Uh, no.
In fact, someone such as yourself who has zero Torah knowledge and is, I hope in a spirit of innocence, throwing feces at the wall, should, as an educated thinker, know better than to submit such a silly post.

I do not simply read Bibles; I study the history and personalities and these comic books, jokingly referred to as Bibles, are a complete sham.

You see how you are, in a polite manner, applying any excuse to acoud actual study.

Google will teach you nothing but how to Copy/Paste a blurb.

Imagine watching Star Trek - The Next Generation for all 7 seasons.
Someone comes along and "informs" that there is a sequel series that will make you forget the first series.

What's that "new" series?...
Barney Miller.

Tell me you won't mock the idiot who just tried to get you to forget ST-TNG.

Atheists do have reasons why they became atheists.
True in my case at least. I was not yet a teenager when I thought why would one God allow so many religions to exist? They couldn't all be right since they were so different. I couldn't believe a loving God would allow someone to be sent to hell because they were born into the wrong religion and never learned about the 'right' one. The only logical conclusion, at least to me, was that they were ALL wrong. Since that day, I've never found a reason to change my mind. .

You know, this is interesting because I basically did the same. I had lots of questions about things I was taught about religion and doubted a lot of it long before I was a teen. I just didn't have the "courage" yet to say anything or ask questions or reveal my doubts. I was very fearful and wondered if I was just a "bad kid" or something. Also, there is that fear of God thing. Lol. The "what ifs?" and the possibility of burning for eternity in a hell with gnashing teeth isn't too attractive either. :D But yeah, it's not easy to overcome that fear and the way some people might treat you when they find out.

True in my case at least. I was not yet a teenager when I thought why would one God allow so many religions to exist? They couldn't all be right since they were so different. I couldn't believe a loving God would allow someone to be sent to hell because they were born into the wrong religion and never learned about the 'right' one. The only logical conclusion, at least to me, was that they were ALL wrong. Since that day, I've never found a reason to change my mind. .

You know, this is interesting because I basically did the same. I had lots of questions about things I was taught about religion and doubted a lot of it long before I was a teen. I just didn't have the "courage" yet to say anything or ask questions or reveal my doubts. I was very fearful and wondered if I was just a "bad kid" or something. Also, there is that fear of God thing. Lol. The "what ifs?" and the possibility of burning for eternity in a hell with gnashing teeth isn't too attractive either. :D But yeah, it's not easy to overcome that fear and the way some people might treat you when they find out.

I also think some religious folks think if you are following the wrong religion, you are just evil and deserve to burn for eternity in a pit of despair and pain and agony. When I was young, I also wondered how could a god that I'm supposed to worship be so cruel? I don't want that kind of cruelty and anger and hatred in my life.

You see how you are, in a polite manner, applying any excuse to acoud actual study.
The only thing I've seen from you are insults and smugness. So far as i can see, you have given us no real information or reason to believe you know what you claim to know.

Please share something that will educate.

You seem to have a real hatred of religion that I don't share. Every civilization has had a spiritual component. You'd think if religion was worthless it would have died out. But it hasn't. Why not?

You seem to have a real hatred of religion that I don't share. Every civilization has had a spiritual component. You'd think if religion was worthless it would have died out. But it hasn't. Why not?

Hatred? Why do you think that? What did I say that was hateful in any way?

I'm sharing some honest questions I've had about religion. You see? Automatically because I raise these questions, I am accused of being "hateful." Lol. Thank you for proving my point. :D

So it is hateful for me to question, but you are okay with your line of questioning? Is this a question of semantics or what? Lol.

And what about you? Have you studied all of the scriptures? Which of these holy books do you follow?

Uh, no.
In fact, someone such as yourself who has zero Torah knowledge and is, I hope in a spirit of innocence, throwing feces at the wall, should, as an educated thinker, know better than to submit such a silly post.

I do not simply read Bibles; I study the history and personalities and these comic books, jokingly referred to as Bibles, are a complete sham.

Google will teach you nothing but how to Copy/Paste a blurb.

Imagine watching Star Trek - The Next Generation for all 7 seasons.
Someone comes along and "informs" that there is a sequel series that will make you forget the first series.

What's that "new" series?...
Barney Miller.

Tell me you won't mock the idiot who just tried to get you to forget ST-TNG.

This is a GREAT way to "spread the good news." Don't bother trying to be patient and teach like a "religious scholar" would do, just keep insulting everyone who doesn't agree with your views.

Good grief, I am surrounded by insane people every time I log on here and try to have a conversation or ask a question. The insanity runs deep at USMB. No, it is not a gathering of "great scholarly minds." :rolleyes:

Meh, I forgive you for your errors in judging me. I guess you haven't read my posts on this topic much at all, huh? :itsok:

The only thing I've seen from you are insults and smugness. So far as i can see, you have given us no real information or reason to believe you know what you claim to know.

Elaborate on the insults.

I suggest studying.
You say good idea, but no buying books.
Today you insist on not studying.

Which is the real you?

Elaborate on the insults.

I suggest studying.

Which is the real you?

He's right! You don't share any of your thoughts or ideas. All you do is insult everyone who you say is "wrong" in THEIR belief system! :rolleyes:

I detest lies and any organization that thrives off lies.
You are conflating spirituality with Scripture...There are Christians and Muslims that are wonderfully spiritual; it doesn't make their Scripture valid.

I detest lies and any organization that thrives off lies.
You are conflating spirituality with Scripture...There are Christians and Muslims that are wonderfully spiritual; it doesn't make their Scripture valid.

And you have shown nothing at all to "validate" yours either. In fact, if anything, you have given me several new reasons in which to INVALIDATE it completely beginning with your terrible attitude and your cowardice for starters.

I see spirituality and Scripture as one and the same. Like matter and energy, you can convert one into the other.

I suggest studying.

Which is the real you?
I'm here to study at your feet but you refuse to teach. I've read the Torah, the NT, some Eastern stuff, and a bit of the Koran (probably <20 suras). They all seem equally believable.

Forum List

Back