The First Pacific President

JW Frogen

Gold Member
May 10, 2009
Obama has just returned from his Asian trip having prior to his departure declared he was the first Pacific President!

Really? Ever herd of Teddy Roosevelt? He reoriented US military policy to start concentrating on the region, sent the “Great White Fleet” all over the Pacific and won a Nobel Peace prize for negotiating a peace deal between Russia and Japan. Does Obama think he is the first Nobel President as well?

Or FDR, who fought a little war over there, President Obama, you may not have herd of it, WW2, it made the US the dominant Pacific power.

Or Truman, who rebuilt much of the war ravaged region, confirmed with the Korean War, and by establishing permanent US economic ties and bases that the US would not turn from the Pacific.

Kennedy and LBJ who made an American commitment to fend off communism even in Pacific countries not vital to US economic interests.

Nixon, who ended the hostile relationship with China, went there when it was politically difficult to do and who the Chinese to this day see as a great man?

Ever heard of these guys Pacific President Obama? (By the way the Islamic world did not invent algebra, the compass or the printing press and pen. But that is for another post.)

Still, given the way Obama was pushed around on his Pacific trip, the Chinese saying no to every last one of his initiatives, and lecturing him openly (not done lightly in China) on US debt levels and the falling value of the US dollar and demanding what no other President could concede to, they call all the shots at all joint press conferences; the Japanese (who changed their own laws to send troops to Iraq at the request of Bush) telling Obama they want base reductions and will no longer help with promised logistical support in the Afgan war, the Indians recently expressing their concern that the Chinese perceive US policy as weak and undirected.

Our first Pacific President did a lot of bowing, literally, before friend and foe, but he came back with nothing and left an impression of US weakness.

Maybe Obama is the first Pacific President? If he means the original meaning of the word.

No, there was always Jimmy Carter.

Last edited:

Attachments

• $Kool-AidMan.jpg
    $Kool-AidMan.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 46
I thought he meant because he was born on an island in the Pacific?

Obama wants to think he's special.....otherwise he deep down inside feels worthless.

He always wants to proclaim he's something he's not.

Like because he's a Senator from Illinois he's Abraham Lincoln....or he has his wife dress up like Jackie Kennedy because he wants to be like JFK....too bad they wouldn't let him say JFK's famous words at the Berlin Wall.

He wants to be MLK, FDR, you name it and he claims he's like them....and now he wants to say he's the first Pacific President like that has any significance at all.

The guy is a fake. A jerk. He talks about himself more then any president I've ever seen. And he refuses to take any blame for the economy or the Afghan War.

All of this in the first year. We've got 3 more years of listening to this tool.

Obama wants to think he's special.....otherwise he deep down inside feels worthless.

Like because he's a Senator from Illinois he's Abraham Lincoln....or he has his wife dress up like Jackie Kennedy because he wants to be like JFK....too bad they wouldn't let him say JFK's famous words at the Berlin Wall.

He wants to be MLK, FDR, you name it and he claims he's like them....and now he wants to say he's the first Pacific President like that has any significance at all.

The guy is a fake. A jerk. He talks about himself more then any president I've ever seen. And he refuses to take any blame for the economy or the Afghan War.

All of this in the first year. We've got 3 more years of listening to this tool.

ahhhh, now i know why he occasionally says something stupid, he wants to be like w!

That's nothing, I heard that during a cabinet meeting, Obama had to excuse himself to use the men's room and hastily returned without first washing his hands. F*ck'n commie! :evil:

ahhhh, now i know why he occasionally says something stupid, he wants to be like w!

No....but he can't speak worth a shit without a prompter and he blames everything that's happened the last 11 months on him so I guess he might have some kind of envy of our former prez.

I guess he envies the way the military loved Bush or the way Bush earned other world leaders respect even if the media won't let us know that. Our enemies feared Bush but Obama....with his apology tours....no fucken way. Russia rubs shit in his face....the Chicoms lecture him on how to run the economy.....terrorists attack with impunity even though Obama's Cairo speech was supposed to have ended all of that.

I guess Obama wishes he could be a strong leader.....but he doesn't have the sand to do it.

No....but he can't speak worth a shit without a prompter and he blames everything that's happened the last 11 months on him so I guess he might have some kind of envy of our former prez.

I guess he envies the way the military loved Bush or the way Bush earned other world leaders respect even if the media won't let us know that. Our enemies feared Bush but Obama....with his apology tours....no fucken way. Russia rubs shit in his face....the Chicoms lecture him on how to run the economy.....terrorists attack with impunity even though Obama's Cairo speech was supposed to have ended all of that.

I guess Obama wishes he could be a strong leader.....but he doesn't have the sand to do it.

hilarious string of talking points, again.

looks like the sand is in your crotch area. grab a shower.

What you say when you can't refute the basic point. That and "but Bush..."
I don't know what it means to be a Pacific President. He eats sushi? He blows hot air like a typhoon?
Obama is the first Jimmy Carter president of the 21st century. His domestic policy is a disaster. His foreign policy is a disaster. He doesn't have the respect even of his own party, let alone other world leaders. He tries so hard to be a superstar he ends up looking like a wannabe. How we're gonna endure 3 more years of this drekk is beyond me.

What you say when you can't refute the basic point. That and "but Bush..."
I don't know what it means to be a Pacific President. He eats sushi? He blows hot air like a typhoon?
Obama is the first Jimmy Carter president of the 21st century. His domestic policy is a disaster. His foreign policy is a disaster. He doesn't have the respect even of his own party, let alone other world leaders. He tries so hard to be a superstar he ends up looking like a wannabe. How we're gonna endure 3 more years of this drekk is beyond me.

why am i even answering? :lol:

dude, look back to the post i responded to. it was full of comparisons to other presidents, so stuff your "but bush" card.

He was obviously referring to his being born in Hawaii which is in the Pacific. Therefore, he is the first "Pacific President."

He was trying to connect further with the people he was speaking to. This is about as much of a story as my day today.

He was obviously referring to his being born in Hawaii which is in the Pacific. Therefore, he is the first "Pacific President."

He was trying to connect further with the people he was speaking to. This is about as much of a story as my day today.

But does it really matter?

Maybe we can say he's also the first president to spend us into the Dark Ages.

Or the first president that hates more Americans then he does enemies of this country.

Or maybe the first president to not be able to tell the difference between what is a lie and what is the truth....even when everyone else in the room knows he's lying his ass off.

This will be the case in Copenhagen when he uses fake science to claim that the United States is going to give away it's soverenty for the sake of Global Warming. So he'll be the first prez to sell us down the river.

Last edited:
But does it really matter?

Maybe we can say he's also the first president to spend us into the Dark Ages.

Or the first president that hates more Americans then he does enemies of this country.

Or maybe the first president to not be able to tell the difference between what is a lie and what is the truth....even when everyone else in the room knows he's lying his ass off.

This will be the case in Copenhagen when he uses fake science to claim that the United States is going to give away it's soverenty for the sake of Global Warming. So he'll be the first prez to sell us down the river.

Does it matter? To some people it does. Did Texans feel more connected to Dubya because he acted like one? You bet, despite the fact he was born in CT.

If you think Obama is the first President to spend a high amount, you're literally ignoring history.

The rest of your post is partisan bullshit.

Forum List

Back