Kick Pacific Coast States Out of America

There is a word that has been used that, for some reason, has stuck with me: "Untethered".

I truly don't mean this as an insult. It's very frustrating. But this separate ecosystem just creates its own reality and then imposes it. And all these years into it, the rest of the planet still hasn't figured out how to directly address it.

Its a tacit acknowledgement that their political philosophy can't succeed in the marketplace of ideas. That only protected and isolated from opposing view points can it flourish.

If its that fragile, let it die.

Its a tacit acknowledgment of Conservatives that in the market place of ideas, they lack the capacity to persuade.
Bingo. And that's a point I've made here. I believe it's because the voices they listen to don't get any deeper than half an inch. This is why they bristle so emotionally at any mention of nuance or complexity. They simply aren't equipped to go any further than what they hear.

There are so many questions I would ask them if they could just articulate an original, intellectual, reasoned, civil, coherent response. But I can't get them to do it.

There was a point in time, and I'm talking about a decade or two ago, when it became clear that they were not only being told what to think, but how to think. That's when this really went off the rails.

Wildfires all summer, Floods, mudslides all winter. Earthquakes. Smog. Cold windy beaches. Ice cold ocean water.

That is mainly due to democrats presence.
  • Wildfires mainly happen because climate activist environmentalist tree huggers won't let the parks do proper maintenance on the trees and forests.
  • Floods and mud are natural and seasonal exacerbated by over-development.
  • Earthquakes are the necessary rare evil that brought us such beautiful countryside.
  • Smog is due to overpopulation by too many liberals.
Most of that could be greatly improved by simply eliminating the hoards of idiots causing most of the problem.

Bingo. And that's a point I've made here. I believe it's because the voices they listen to don't get any deeper than half an inch. This is why they bristle so emotionally at any mention of nuance or complexity. They simply aren't equipped to go any further than what they hear.

There are so many questions I would ask them if they could just articulate an original, intellectual, reasoned, civil, coherent response. But I can't get them to do it.

There was a point in time, and I'm talking about a decade or two ago, when it became clear that they were not only being told what to think, but how to think. That's when this really went off the rails.

That's generally because they don't actually understand what they're apeing. Nor do the people that are peddling the political fan fiction to them want them to understand. They want them to just....repeat it. Ape what they hear.

So you end up with people that don't have opinions or values. They have talking points. And those talking points aren't theirs. They say whatever they're told to say. If Trump says witch hunt, they say witch hunt. If Trump says stolen election, they say stolen election.

They demonstrate their loyalty (and thus, identity) through repetition and regurgitation.

Which is fine for populist political movements. But horrible for actual policy that requires any understanding, nuance, or complexity.

Which is why conservatives in general and MAGA in particular tend to be so poorly informed. They don't need to know much to be part of their movement. And if they ape what they're told to say, they feel like they're part of something. Even if they don't understand what.

That's generally because they don't actually understand what they're apeing. Nor do the people that are peddling the political fan fiction to them want them to understand. They want them to just....repeat it. Ape what they hear.

So you end up with people that don't have opinions or values. They have talking points. And those talking points aren't theirs. They say whatever they're told to say. If Trump says witch hunt, they say witch hunt. If Trump says stolen election, they say stolen election.

They demonstrate their loyalty (and thus, identity) through repetition and regurgitation.

Which is fine for populist political movements. But horrible for actual policy that requires any understanding, nuance, or complexity.

Which is why conservatives in general and MAGA in particular tend to be so poorly informed. They don't need to know much to be part of their movement. And if they ape what they're told to say, they feel like they're part of something. Even if they don't understand what.
I suspect I'm coming at this from a different place than you.

The fact is, I have many agreements with them on fundamental matters, issues and policies. My frustration is that they are so absolutely horrible at addressing them, at articulating any original thought or problem-solving capacity, that I can see they're doing far more harm than good. Everything for them has to be an ugly, simplistic attack, as if they think they're doing a running radio talk show, and that isn't exactly an approach that will work in a diverse society over time.

I call it caveman politics, Trump and MTG are its poster children, and my concern is that the response will ultimately push us too far in the opposite direction.

I suspect I'm coming at this from a different place than you.

I have many agreements with them on fundamental matters, issues and policies. My frustration is that they are so absolutely horrible at addressing them, at articulating any original thought or problem-solving capacity, that I can see they're doing far more harm than good. Everything for them has to be an ugly, simplistic attack, and that isn't exactly an approach that will work in a diverse society over time.

I call it caveman politics, Trump and MTG are its poster children, and my concern is that the response will ultimately push us too far in the opposite direction.

The positions that you agree with them on...aren't their positions. They don't actually have values. They're just talking points they've been told to ape. They don't actually understand how the separation of powers works, or know what the 1st amendment does or doesn't protect. They don't actually have any particular reverence for free speech. Family values, due process, any of it.

The lack of the ability to articulate....isn't an articulation problem. Its a comprehension problem. They're regurgetators. They vomit up what they're told to think.

When you try to go farther than puddle deep with any of them, they collapse into insults, pouting and vitriol. As they don't know WHY they're saying what they do. The only now WHAT they're told to say. And they've tied their sense of identity to these talking points they're fed.....and they'll fiercely defend that identity.

Yeah, this was a turning point. It went from politics to a lifestyle.

Still stuns me that this one profoundly damaged person could open up Pandora's Box like this. Yet this isn't about him, it's about them. And in some ways, us.

And that's when it got boring for me. I used to chat on these boards much more when you could discuss facts and evidence.

Now its all about their identity. And they genuinely don't care what's true, as long as it feels true. You can present facts, evidence, overlapping sources, even videos and audio recordings......and they'll frantically confabulate awkward and poorly thought out conspiracies and imagine nonsense fantasies to continue to cling to their fragile sense of identity.

You can't reason with them anymore. Evidence, by its very nature, is finite. And their imagination....isn't.

And that's when it got boring for me. I used to chat on these boards much more when you could discuss facts and evidence.

Now its all about their identity. And they genuinely don't care what's true, as long as it feels true. You can present facts, evidence, overlapping sources, even videos and audio recordings......and they'll frantically confabulate awkward and poorly thought out conspiracies and imagine nonsense fantasies to continue to cling to their fragile sense of identity.

You can't reason with them anymore. Evidence, by its very nature, is finite. And their imagination....isn't.
One of my biggest frustrations is that this ideology has -- as ideologies do -- stripped them of any pure human curiosity they may have had. They have absolutely no interest in getting an accurate, comprehensive picture of what the Left thinks, and are perfectly satisfied in believing whatever they're told in their world. You see it constantly here.

An ideology can be dangerous if it provides all the answers and dulls curiosity. And that's sure as hell what has happened here.

And don't get me wrong, Mac. I'm under no illusions that democrats or liberals are immune to these foibles. But the sheer scale and industrialization of this discard of reality among conservatives and republicans......its unprecedented in my experience. I've never seen anything like it.

They've genuinely interpreted their feelings as facts. Not metaphorically, philosphically, existentially. But literally. Whatever they make up, no matter how inane, they're cling to until they die. No matter how little evidence backed it, nor how much evidence refutes it.

They've driven themselves quite mad.

---Eastern Washington: Most likely to secede ever since 1861---

If the Pubs can anchor the upper/lower chambers of Capital Hill plus land the POTUS position there then could be a chance for our state of Liberty project to get recognition regarding federal approval. The statist left Marxinazis in Olympia though would fight us tooth & nail as they are strung out on "people control"(PC). The more people those lefty narcissists control the more their god complex gets fed. Sick puppies over there in Olympia!

Thanks for the link Lenny!!!

If the Pubs can anchor the upper/lower chambers of Capital Hill plus land the POTUS position there then could be a chance for our state of Liberty project to get recognition regarding federal approval. The statist left Marxinazis in Olympia though would fight us tooth & nail as they are strung out on "people control"(PC). The more people those lefty narcissists control the more their god complex gets fed. Sick puppies over there in Olympia!

Thanks for the link Lenny!!!

Its not the feds where this fails. Its the States and their legislatures, specifically those that would have to give up territory to make these new states. You don't have the numbers.

Its not even close. The areas of Washington, Oregon and California where even some are giving lip service to joining Jefferson or 'Greater Idaho' or whatever imaginary state they suppose.....have low population densities.

Take the district of Eastern Washington. It consists of 20 counties with 2/3 of the state's areas....but only 1.4 million of the States 7.7 million citizens.

You don't have the numbers. What you call 'statist left marxinazis', is just plain old democracy. More people oppose splitting the state that support the idea. By a lot. Especially in the Washington Legislatures, where last I checked, the number actively advocating splitting the state stood at 2.

Out of about 150.

Last edited:
and there is a word for people who hate the country so much that they want to keep Democrats in it >> bottom feeders

And you aren't a bottom feeder? You want the gov't involved in everything.

You ranted and raved about how the gov't needs to control your rent.
You ranted and raved about how the gov't should take over Major League Baseball. (WTF?)
You want more money, but didn't save it when you were working.

Spare us the pretense that you are anything but a bottom feeding leech.

And you aren't a bottom feeder? You want the gov't involved in everything.

You ranted and raved about how the gov't needs to control your rent.
You ranted and raved about how the gov't should take over Major League Baseball. (WTF?)
You want more money, but didn't save it when you were working.

Spare us the pretense that you are anything but a bottom feeding leech.
who doesnt like America much....

From the OP to the as yet to be posted last post. These people are the prime evidence that we should not be forced to continue to be part of the same country as this clown show.
TEXIT!

First we need to split California into north and south sections. South California will be San Diego to Palo Verde. North California will contain the blue cities of LA, SF, and Oakland.
You're an idiot - but we knew that. Evidently maps are not available in Russian troll farms. LA is near the bottom of California.

map-state-california-usa-vector-united-states-southern-northern-regions-counties-164835524.jpg

Forum List

Back