Hamas escapes almost all accountability for a war it started in a malicious act of depravity.

1). Do you feel that you have a better-than-average understanding of the situation from a legal standpoint?

2). In your opinion do you feel Israel has legal authority within its self-claimed borders & occupied territories as of today?

3). Can the Palestinians legally retake the land (whole or in part)?

4). If retaking the land can only be accomplished by illegal means what would be required to convert their victory to a legal one, after the fact?

^ utter waste of time. :102:

1). Do you feel that you have a better-than-average understanding of the situation from a legal standpoint?
Oh hell, yes.
2). In your opinion do you feel Israel has legal authority within its self-claimed borders & occupied territories as of today?
Your question lacks a understanding of the legal concepts, but yes, Israel has the legal authority to act within its sovereign borders.
This depends entirely on how you define "Palestinians" (not a legal term). If you mean "citizens of the State of Palestine", given that there is no State of Palestine with defined borders and the inherent territorial integrity which comes with defined borders, there can not have been any sovereign claim to territory, so they can't very well "retake" it now, can they?
4). If retaking the land can only be accomplished by illegal means what would be required to convert their victory to a legal one, after the fact?
It is an interesting question, but rather obscure and nonsensical. Re-asserting control over your own sovereign territory, by definition, would be permissible in international law. Acts committed during a war defensive war, again by definition, to re-assert control over your own sovereign territory can still be in contravention of international law. That wouldn't negate the legality of the goal of territorial integrity.

So these questions are unrelated to the point I made.
They are legal questions that stand for themselves and they are related to the overall discussion with regards to international law.
I'm not sure why you are asking me.
Because I thought you might have some insight that would help me to understand the situation better than I do. I'm thinking right now that I was wrong.
Also, the questions are full of loaded and inaccurate language so they can't be answered anyway. .
"Loaded"? Paranoia is often brought on by people who fake knowledge and are afraid of getting caught out but until this very moment, I didn't think it applied to you. Well then, if I frighten you so much it might be better for you to ignore me or hide. 🕳️

They are legal questions that stand for themselves and they are related to the overall discussion with regards to international law.
They also have words and are in English. That doesn't make them relevant to the clarification of 242 which is what you were responding to.
Because I thought you might have some insight that would help me to understand the situation better than I do. I'm thinking right now that I was wrong.
Did you even read the material on 242?
"Loaded"? Paranoia is often brought on by people who fake knowledge and are afraid of getting caught out but until this very moment, I didn't think it applied to you. Well then, if I frighten you so much it might be better for you to ignore me or hide. 🕳️
Ignorance and loaded language are the hallmarks of bias and foolishness. People who throw words and concepts in without knowing caring how they misrepresent reality and just afraid of reality. When you get a little tougher and can seal with reality, let me know.

... In your opinion do you feel Israel has legal authority within its self-claimed borders & occupied territories as of today?
Your question lacks a understanding of the legal concepts ...
I asked a question, I didn't make a statement.
but yes, Israel has the legal authority to act within its sovereign borders.
You might have misunderstood my question but I am much more inclined to believe that you purposely added an out-of-text term in an attempt at weaselling out of the corner you backed yourself into. I didn't even trick you into it. You did it all on your own. :eusa_clap:

The Arab peoples predominantly living in those areas of sovereign Israeli territory wish to secede and form their own State (or at least that's what the West tells them they want to do). This can only be done through a treaty agreement with Israel which establishes where one State ends and the other begins.

Should you wish to argue that Israel occupies another State, you are going to have to show me the existing treaty which delineates the territorial integrity of the nascent State of Palestine. And herein lies the problem. There isn't one.

There was a war of aggression committed by two belligerent States who have no legal claim to that territory and yet acquired territory outside their boundaries by force (Jordan and Egypt). Since we agree, and 242 confirms, the "inadmissibility of acquisition of territory by force", you must concede that the territories of Gaza, the West Bank, and parts of Jerusalem do not, can not, and have never been the sovereign territory of Jordan or Egypt.

Which means, there is no State for Israel to occupy. As I said before, all of the Mandate of Palestine territory remains one territorial unit - Israel.
It is not sovereign Israeli territory. The Mandate did not give all the territory to Israel. At the time of the Mandate, Arabs owned 70% of the land. Even then, you were only given 40% of the land with the caveat that you didn't violate the rights of the existing, non-Jewish population. But you didn't do that, did you?

You took another 30% at the point of a gun using Zionist terrorist groups like Irgun. You got your extra land with terrorism. You are a fucking terrorist!

Israeli supermodel Bar Refaeli has accused Bella Hadid of spreading fake news with a post showing Palestinian children.

Hadid, 27, on Monday shared an image of the children to her 60 million followers along with the caption: 'Gaza on my mind' - a reference to the continuing situation in the Palestinian territory currently under attack by Israel.

However, the clip was originally from the Yarmouk refugee camp in Syria and came from a 2021 documentary directed by Bashar al-Assad during the Syrian civil war.

Civilized people use toilet paper so we don't get our fingers soiled with shit.
People like you crap themselves when confronted with facts and have to make bizarre comments about toilet paper because they cannot substantiate other claims.

People like you crap themselves when confronted with facts and have to make bizarre comments about toilet paper because they cannot substantiate other claims.
It's time for you to change your underwear. The reason you weren't allowed on the bus of Earnest Discussion is because you're dishonest and you stink. Is that "bizarre" enough for you?

I asked a question, I didn't make a statement.
Yes. And the language of the question lacks an understanding of legal concepts, such as the origin of borders and occupations.
You might have misunderstood my question but I am much more inclined to believe that you purposely added an out-of-text term in an attempt at weaselling out of the corner you backed yourself into. I didn't even trick you into it. You did it all on your own. :eusa_clap:
"out-of-text terms" like "self-claimed borders" and "occupied territories"? Pot. Kettle. I believe the exact text is respect for and acknowledgement of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of every State in the area and their right to live in peace within secure and recognized boundaries

Now, are you going to attempt to address my legal arguments or just play weasel word games.

Forum List

Back