The feminization of real men

Isn't this supposed to be a thread about Manly Men?

Winterborn clearly isn't one. Well ---s/he may be a woman, of course. I'm not a manly man either, so I'll take my views elsewhere.

Oh no! You think I am less than manly?? How ever will I survive? :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

Isn't this supposed to be a thread about Manly Men?

Winterborn clearly isn't one. Well ---s/he may be a woman, of course. I'm not a manly man either, so I'll take my views elsewhere.

I asked the OP exactly what he wanted to do but was unable. I never got an answer.

I understand that some radical feminists take it too far. I open cars doors for women. I walk on the street side when I walk down a sidewalk with a woman. I have been told that is wrong. That sort of shit is ridiculous.

You are posting about what you think you see. Reality is far different.
I'm posting about a well documented pattern of behavior of the authoritarian left...Control the language and you control any and all discussion/debate.

One of the ways that the language is controlled by bleeding heart authoritarian leftists, like yourself, is to constantly constrict the realm of what are "acceptable" and "unacceptable" words....For example, "moron" and "imbecile" used to be actual medically valid diagnoses of mental condition...But let some sob sister nannies get ahold of the language, and suddenly they're "handicapped"....Fast forward a few decades, and you can hardly say "handicapped" anymore....Now it's "disabled", and that only counts for the really disabled, so the word must be expunged for common usage like the MLB's ":disabled list".

Leftists like yourself have turned taking offense into a cottage industry, and used to to great effect to bastardize the language, to the point that you can't even have a strong debate bout anything anymore, without some pearl clutcher getting all hung up on semantics over substance.

Dudes like you are ripped straight out of the antagonists roster of an Orwell or Rand novel.

No, that's just walking around glorying in being Woke, being Holier Than Thou ---- and generally obnoxious.

MYOB --- Mind Your Own Business.

No, I will not. It is not being Woke. It is protecting those too weak to stand up for themselves. It is not being someone who stands idly by when a bully acts like an asshole.

I'm posting about a well documented pattern of behavior of the authoritarian left...Control the language and you control any and all discussion/debate.

One of the ways that the language is controlled by bleeding heart authoritarian leftists, like yourself, is to constantly constrict the realm of what are "acceptable" and "unacceptable" words....For example, "moron" and "imbecile" used to be actual medically valid diagnoses of mental condition...But let some sob sister nannies get ahold of the language, and suddenly they're "handicapped"....Fast forward a few decades, and you can hardly say "handicapped" anymore....Now it's "disabled", and that only counts for the really disabled, so the word must be expunged for common usage like the MLB's ":disabled list".

Leftists like yourself have turned taking offense into a cottage industry, and used to to great effect to bastardize the language, to the point that you can't even have a strong debate bout anything anymore, without some pearl clutcher getting all hung up on semantics over substance.

Dudes like you are ripped straight out of the antagonists roster of an Orwell or Rand novel.

Except that I have used the words "imbecile" and "moron". They are referring to intellect. If someone posts something stupid, I have no problem using them.

I am not an authoritarian. I disagree with making certain words illegal. The gov't has no place in it at all.

Except that I have used the words "imbecile" and "moron". They are referring to intellect. If someone posts something stupid, I have no problem using them.

I am not an authoritarian. I disagree with making certain words illegal. The gov't has no place in it at all.
It's always different when the authoritarian semantics nannies are doing it.

Orwell thanks you for proving him to be a prophet.

No, that's just walking around glorying in being Woke, being Holier Than Thou ---- and generally obnoxious.

MYOB --- Mind Your Own Business.
Yeah, certainly that is what people thought riding in the Philly train.

IOW, it's about taking offense and projecting that offense onto that weaker person.

You're no better than the bullies that you so piously decry.

Bullshit. You are obviously not paying attention to what I have said. You cherry-pick my words to try to make your point.

It's always different when the authoritarian semantics nannies are doing it.

Orwell thanks you for proving him to be a prophet.

It is obvious that you think having a downs syndrome or other mentally handicapped kid hear someone called a "retard". Despite what harm that might do.

Congrats.

I asked the OP exactly what he wanted to do but was unable. I never got an answer.

I understand that some radical feminists take it too far. I open cars doors for women. I walk on the street side when I walk down a sidewalk with a woman. I have been told that is wrong. That sort of shit is ridiculous.
those are just colliding opinions, really.

you can adjust yourself to the other person(s), or antagonize / anger them, which may give you the option of ignoring them.
your choice.

Exactly what things do you want to do that others call toxic?

Giving someone crap for using the word "retard" has nothing to do with masculinity, and everything to do with sparing the feelings of someone with Downs Syndrome or other handicap. And for a NASCAR driver to use the word, in an interview is just him being an asshole. But maybe that is what you want? The right to be an asshole?

I am a masculine male. I will always protect my loved ones. But I will also understand why some of it is a problem.

LMAO.. So the NASCAR leadership, who forced Busch to take sensitivity class have downs syndrome? That makes no sense.
If the mailman, who doesn't have DS put my mail in the neighbors box, I call it retarded. If I forget to close the garage door, I call myself retarded.
You lefties need to stop being so damn petty and Karen-like. Karen's are retarded.

some language should be banned by law, as it is for hate-speech and war-mongering and public calls for violence already.

but when only people's feelings are at stake, we are best off with the ability to make personal blacklists of words and phrases for our social media accounts, in addition to the current ability to block individuals on facebook (to name one useful example).

It is obvious that you think having a downs syndrome or other mentally handicapped kid hear someone called a "retard". Despite what harm that might do.

Congrats.

Anyone who calls someone with downs syndrome a retard, needs to be slapped in the face. Those who make issues out of people saying something or someone who's retarded, because they did something stupid, needs to be praised, honored and saluted.
Example: Trump is a friggin retard for claiming Mexico was going to pay for the wall.

Now praise me, bitch. LOL

some language should be banned by law, as it is for hate-speech and war-mongering and public calls for violence already.

but when only people's feelings are at stake, we are best off with the ability to make personal blacklists of words and phrases for our social media accounts, in addition to the current ability to block individuals on facebook (to name one useful example).

Holy friggin hell, the cancel culture has more power than the 1st Amendment? Not on my watch. And you can call me retarded for saying that. But it's not going to offend me. It's not going to hurt my feewings. I'm a grown ass man and can take a word thrown at me.

IOW, it's about taking offense and projecting that offense onto that weaker person.

You're no better than the bullies that you so piously decry.
birds of a feather, want to flock together.
online, in private settings, and in public space or at work.

this is why we make our opinions known sometimes.
so that we can find which others fit in our personal flock.

best not to start fighting with each other over what are in effect, simply opinions, that can be ignored.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back