40 Things Every House In The 70s Had That No One Sees Today

I have two Alarm Clocks in my bedroom. I have a TV table, and occasionally eat TV dinners. . . though my table is wooden.

As far as the Rattan furniture goes? Up until the late 90's, I had a papasan chair I got from pier one which was one of my favorites, and I would probably get another, if I could find one nearby. They are like a combo of the bean-bag and Rattan stuff from the 70's, making both obsolete. Super comfy & adjustable.

iu

I don't own a smart phone, still use touch dial phones & my radio is more used than my TV.

^^^ I've always like that kind of chair too. Sadly I've never owned one, but I remember when I used to see them in the stores.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Still have alarm clocks, a couple of CRT TVs, a piece of linoleum floor, two typewriters and a turntable.

I have two Alarm Clocks in my bedroom. I have a TV table, and occasionally eat TV dinners. . . though my table is wooden.

As far as the Rattan furniture goes? Up until the late 90's, I had a papasan chair I got from pier one which was one of my favorites, and I would probably get another, if I could find one nearby. They are like a combo of the bean-bag and Rattan stuff from the 70's, making both obsolete. Super comfy & adjustable.

iu

I don't own a smart phone, still use touch dial phones & my radio is more used than my TV.

buy papasan chair - Yahoo Search Results

Why are electric clocks that have an alarm so freaking strange in the 21st century? Do Gen XYZ'ers sleep with their freaking cell phones under their pillow?

^^^ I've always like that kind of chair too. Sadly I've never owned one, but I remember when I used to see them in the stores.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Wife had a large one when we got married, easy to fall asleep in if ya werent careful

They got sloppy on their list. See floating stairs in high end homes, and several others I see on regular basis

I don’t know why, but houses don’t seem to have laundry chutes anymore.

that 20 foot long coily phone cord... aluminum foil wrapped around the TV rabbit ears

s-l300.jpg

It is from 1976 and still works…
I have a similar story. My current dryer unit was purchased in 2013. The one in my house before had been going since 1976 and so it went for 37 years. It was a General Electric dryer. The new one is a Hot Point. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. May your clock radio keep on going! :) :) :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back